PDA

View Full Version : Baseball America

SaintDawg
05-03-2021, 07:16 AM
I know it means squat, but how does Vandy lose a ranked opp series and barely move, Notre Dame sweeps unranked Tarheels and Valpo and move up from #6 to #2, and we sweep aTm and stay at #4? I dont get that math.

Offshore Dawg
05-03-2021, 07:25 AM
Politics

TNDawg35
05-03-2021, 07:32 AM
There is no way in hell we should have gotten jumped. D1 rankings are a little more true tho. We should be around 4 in those. UT and Ark are Fixen to play so one of them will drop.

Just win and everything will take care of itself... take 2/3 from USC, sweep Mizzu, and sweep Bama and we will win the West/SEC.

We have played shitty as hell and are still one of the best teams in the country...

coastratdog
05-03-2021, 07:50 AM
Check out masseyratings.com. Good stuff.

Jack Lambert
05-03-2021, 07:53 AM
Politics

They have to keep ACC relative enough to get them a regional.

msstate7
05-03-2021, 07:59 AM
Unless we collapse, we will be a national seed. Who cares about these rankings?

CadaverDawg
05-03-2021, 08:03 AM
Unless we collapse, we will be a national seed. Who cares about these rankings?

Yeah I just posted a new thread about D1's before reading this one...I don't typically care about rankings, but in college baseball I feel like too many people are uninformed so these services are heavily relied upon by people deciding on Regional sites, National Seeds, etc. so while I don't get too wrapped up in them, they definitely need to be somewhat accurate or it could be the difference in us being on Vandy's side in Omaha or say Notre Dames for example. It matters

msstate7
05-03-2021, 08:08 AM
Yeah I just posted a new thread about D1's before reading this one...I don't typically care about rankings, but in college baseball I feel like too many people are uninformed so these services are heavily relied upon by people deciding on Regional sites, National Seeds, etc. so while I don't get too wrapped up in them, they definitely need to be somewhat accurate or it could be the difference in us being on Vandy's side in Omaha or say Notre Dames for example. It matters

Their business is baseball, so I'm sure they try to drum up as much interest as possible without it being totally obvious what they're doing.

I'd rather be on vandy's side if we get to Omaha. I certainly don't wanna see them in a 2/3. If we're on their side, we most likely only see one of their horses

smootness
05-03-2021, 08:54 AM
There is no way in hell we should have gotten jumped. D1 rankings are a little more true tho. We should be around 4 in those. UT and Ark are Fixen to play so one of them will drop.

Just win and everything will take care of itself... take 2/3 from USC, sweep Mizzu, and sweep Bama and we will win the West/SEC.

We have played shitty as hell and are still one of the best teams in the country...

I actually think if Tennessee were to win 2/3, they could jump us while Arkansas wouldn't drop below us. If Arkansas wins 2/3, Tennessee obviously wouldn't jump us but they wouldn't drop much, either.

The Federalist Engineer
05-03-2021, 09:44 AM
I know it means squat, but how does Vandy lose a ranked opp series and barely move, Notre Dame sweeps unranked Tarheels and Valpo and move up from #6 to #2, and we sweep aTm and stay at #4? I dont get that math.

Having a northern school in the mix is a big deal to College Baseball - SEC is so good, we almost disregard the nation anymore.

Todd4State
05-03-2021, 11:33 AM
Having a northern school in the mix is a big deal to College Baseball - SEC is so good, we almost disregard the nation anymore.

Yeah. These baseball poll writers think that by having someone like Fairfield or Notre Dame in the top whatever poll promotes interest in baseball and it really only has a minimal impact and makes them look less credible.

Plus by under ranking us it gets people talking and that's good for their business too. So I guess I fell for it.

SailingDawg
05-03-2021, 12:01 PM

In every sport. Well, almost.

Turfdawg67
05-03-2021, 12:10 PM

Well said. Of course it's easier just to blame politics, woke media or those darn kids that won't get off my lawn.