View Full Version : New QB commit

CadaverDawg
05-02-2021, 12:09 PM
Braedyn Locke c/o 2022

Rockwell TX

Film looks pretty good. Thoughts?

KOdawg1
05-02-2021, 12:17 PM
Very good get. Seems like a good fit in the air raid.

Dawgface
05-02-2021, 03:55 PM
The films do look good on him. Looks like we have some good options at qb going forward.

MaroonFlounder
05-02-2021, 04:20 PM
Somebody's gonna eventually be the odd man out. Too many QBs within a 1 year class cycle. But, may the best man win.

R2Dawg
05-02-2021, 04:24 PM
We seem way too obsessed with QBs. Only one is gonna play. We better be finding the top notch DL, OL. The games are won and lost here.

KOdawg1
05-02-2021, 04:29 PM
We seem way too obsessed with QBs. Only one is gonna play. We better be finding the top notch DL, OL. The games are won and lost here.

QB is the most important position on the field. By far.

We're going to take at least one QB most years. That's just smart recruiting. You can't be "obsessed" with QBs. And us taking Locke is not hindering us from finding top notch DL or OL. This isn't mutually exclusive.

R2Dawg
05-02-2021, 04:35 PM
QB is the most important position on the field. By far.

We're going to take at least one QB most years. That's just smart recruiting. You can't be "obsessed" with QBs. And us taking Locke is not hindering us from finding top notch DL or OL. This isn't mutually exclusive.

Never said signing one very year is an issue, never said QB wasn't one of most important positions on the field. You are arguing something I never said, read what I posted.

But I never read about us getting the top DL or OL in state much less much recruitment. In a few years you may see what I'm talking about. Bama just signed top MS DL that we typically get. Bama friends said yeah, they have hard time getting these in past.

KOdawg1
05-02-2021, 04:39 PM
Never said signing one very year is an issue, never said QB wasn't one of most important positions on the field. You are arguing something I never said, read what I posted.

But I never read about us getting the top DL or OL in state much less much recruitment. In a few years you may see what I'm talking about. Bama just signed top MS DL that we typically get. Bama friends said yeah, they have hard time getting these in past.

You said "we seem way too obsessed with QBs" which is just an ill-informed statement.

We're among the leaders for three 4 star DL in the state this year. We're one of the leaders for another 4 star OL in the state. Just be patient.

Todd4State
05-02-2021, 05:16 PM

We could be starting three four star DL next year and three four star OL. That doesn't include Cole Smith who was a three star but was an UA All-American.

Very good chance this year that we get 2-3 four star DL and OL on each side of the ball. Depending on which side Jacarius Clayton plays.

We got Charles Cross when he was a five star and Dollar Bill when he was a four star. Last year Gabe Cavazos was the top OL prospect in state and we got him.

R2Dawg
05-02-2021, 05:38 PM
We could be starting three four star DL next year and three four star OL. That doesn't include Cole Smith who was a three star but was an UA All-American.

Very good chance this year that we get 2-3 four star DL and OL on each side of the ball. Depending on which side Jacarius Clayton plays.

We got Charles Cross when he was a five star and Dollar Bill when he was a four star. Last year Gabe Cavazos was the top OL prospect in state and we got him.

Ok, great that is what I'm talking about. How come no one is talking about it?

You can't count Cross or Dollar, neither a CML recruit.

R2Dawg
05-02-2021, 05:39 PM
You said "we seem way too obsessed with QBs" which is just an ill-informed statement.

We're among the leaders for three 4 star DL in the state this year. We're one of the leaders for another 4 star OL in the state. Just be patient.

Actually no it isn't. I said it "seems" meaning not saying we are but it sure looks that way. Dang, words matter. All everyone posts about is a new QB.

But hey everyone is entitled to their opinion, just not their own facts.

KOdawg1
05-02-2021, 05:49 PM
Actually no it isn't. I said it "seems" meaning not saying we are but it sure looks that way. Dang, words matter. All everyone posts about is a new QB.

But hey everyone is entitled to their opinion, just not their own facts.
Lol okay dude.

ShotgunDawg
05-02-2021, 05:55 PM
Somebody's gonna eventually be the odd man out. Too many QBs within a 1 year class cycle. But, may the best man win.

With the way we typically recruit everywhere else, being good at QB basically locks us into at least 7-8 wins a year. Keep getting good ones & the ones that lose out can transfer. I don't care as long as we have a good QB.

Leach just has to make sure we don't Jake Fromm/Justin Fields this thing. Start the most talented guy before he transfers

Todd4State
05-02-2021, 07:38 PM
Ok, great that is what I'm talking about. How come no one is talking about it?

You can't count Cross or Dollar, neither a CML recruit.

I don't know. I've seen a lot of d-line u things about MSU.

Why move the goal posts? Leach got an UA all-America DE and Ty Cooper and then landed Reese and Cavzos so no need for anyone to be anything but happy with what we're doing in the trenches so far.

Bothrops
05-02-2021, 08:25 PM

You can go from too many qb's on roster, to zero backups between game weeks now thanks to the portal.

Offshore Dawg
05-03-2021, 08:09 AM

Let us know when they are signed, other than that just wishful thinking

preachermatt83
05-03-2021, 06:50 PM
Sawyer is our future. There is absolutely no question

KOdawg1
05-03-2021, 06:52 PM
Let us know when they are signed, other than that just wishful thinking

I'll make sure you're the first to know.

Todd4State
05-03-2021, 06:55 PM

I think both Sawyer and Locke are our future at different times.

preachermatt83
05-03-2021, 07:02 PM
I think both Sawyer and Locke are our future at different times.

I’ll have to see more out of Locke. I don’t see an RPO QB ever really being a stud in a leach offense

Lord McBuckethead
05-04-2021, 09:02 AM

No you said we are "way too obsessed with QBs". Which considering it is the most important position on the field, by far.... we should be obsessed with QBs. We have had 1 QB in my lifetime that was almost the best QB in the conference and DAk raised our property values in Starkville for a generation. That is how important elite QB play is, in any system. So regardless if KOdawg1 went off the rails a little in his criticism, he is correct none-the-less and you are wrong.

Lord McBuckethead
05-04-2021, 09:03 AM

Correct answer.

BiscuitEater
05-04-2021, 09:12 AM
Bama just signed top MS DL that we typically get..

BS. You will have to show me the 'top MS DL that we typically get.' Besides Chris Jones and Simmons, don't think MSU gets them. Prove it!

Hot Rock
05-04-2021, 09:13 AM
Nice one. With Sawyer already coming this year, I thought it would be tough to get another blue chip type QB and this guy seems to be right there. He is a three star but he sure looks good to me... through highlights and stats from my chair.

We need to take QB every year, you never know when one will be a bust or get hurt or transfer out. You know what, I trust the QB's Leach picks too.

I think the QB needs to be one of the earlier commits, they seem to help draw others as well.

Cooterpoot
05-04-2021, 09:25 AM
Locke is a solid get. He can redshirt and be a starter after Robertson if he's willing to wait.

BuckyIsAB****
05-04-2021, 06:45 PM

I agree. It is one of my criticisms of Leach

BuckyIsAB****
05-04-2021, 06:46 PM

He wont start till Will is gone barring an injury

KOdawg1
05-04-2021, 07:04 PM
He wont start till Will is gone barring an injury

https://media.giphy.com/media/srTYyZ1BjBtGU/giphy.gif

BuckyIsAB****
05-04-2021, 07:21 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/srTYyZ1BjBtGU/giphy.gif

We wont keep all of these QBs long. I think Robertson will have his hands full with Greek. He is good

KOdawg1
05-04-2021, 07:29 PM
We wont keep all of these QBs long. I think Robertson will have his hands full with Greek. He is good

Maybe Greek is so good he beats Will out..

BuckyIsAB****
05-04-2021, 09:06 PM
Maybe Greek is so good he beats Will out..

Maybe. But it didnt happen this spring

Choctaw Dawg
05-04-2021, 09:32 PM
Qb's for 2021:

Will Rogers
Daniel Greek
Chance Lovertich (transfer from South Alabama)
Jack Kristofek (transfer from Sam Houston State)
Jack Abraham (transfer from Southern Miss)
Sawyer Robertson

Hot Rock
05-05-2021, 08:24 AM
Qb's for 2021:

Will Rogers
Daniel Greek
Chance Lovertich (transfer from South Alabama)
Jack Kristofek (transfer from Sam Houston State)
Jack Abraham (transfer from Southern Miss)
Sawyer Robertson

Yep, I think you will see 4 or 5 QB's every year to find the right 1-2 he settles upon. Some will leave and others will come but I think the numbers will always be close to this. I think Leach will always gives himself options at the QB position. Everything runs through it and he tries to maximize the play from it. He will start giving the top couple guys most of the reps the closer it gets to the season.

Offshore Dawg
05-05-2021, 10:14 AM
I'll make sure you're the first to know.
Thanks KO

CovertDawg
05-05-2021, 10:59 AM
With the transfer rules being what they are, we should be able to stack impressive QB recruiting classes. If you are a high school QB and come to MSU.....best case scenario is you win the job eventually. Worst case scenario is Leach reps the hell out of you for a year or two and then you can transfer without sitting out a year. Our backups get more throws in than most schools' starter.