PDA

View Full Version : After 16 years of marriage

starkvegasdawg
05-01-2021, 01:59 PM
My wife hit me with some news today I'm still not sure I know how to process. We were eating lunch at Tin Lizzie when with no remorse...no sense of guilt or shame...no concern of how this would affect our two kids...she said she has never liked Jimmy Buffett. I'm just at a loss for words. I mean when you think you know somebody and then get hit with this revelation.

OLJWales
05-01-2021, 02:03 PM
not sure how anyone could not like Buffett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKGw_hrlaOY

parabrave
05-01-2021, 02:05 PM
Well don't bring her to any bars anywhere on the Coast. Even though most 30 and under crowd has no idea who Jimmy B is. My Brother took the 1968 USM KE composite Photo when he grad from Southern. Lost it in Katrina

Commercecomet24
05-01-2021, 02:21 PM
Grounds to leave her man****

SailingDawg
05-01-2021, 02:34 PM
I mean, his early stuff is ok. It's all a marketing scheme now. Jack Johnson writes much more relevant music about life and the ocean. And much better.

BrunswickDawg
05-01-2021, 02:39 PM
Is that ALL Buffett of just Cheeseburger? I can forgive those who don't like that song, but I will fight you for disrespecting A Pirate Looks At 40.

OLJWales
05-01-2021, 02:42 PM
Is that ALL Buffett of just Cheeseburger? I can forgive those who don't like that song, but I will fight you for disrespecting A Pirate Looks At 40.

A Pirate Looks at 40 is Awesome

ZedFedder
05-01-2021, 03:12 PM
Jimmy Buffett is extremely overrated.

tireddawg
05-01-2021, 03:58 PM
He is, especially live. He was a touch above karaoke.

Martianlander
05-01-2021, 06:19 PM
Could have been worse. She could have said she didn't like Bob Dylan.

shoeless joe
05-01-2021, 06:37 PM
Yet you were eating at tin Lizzie...

Now the southwest omelet with hashbrowns and biscuits is the greatest breakfast of all time...but you better not have anything to do the rest of the day.

schddog72
05-01-2021, 06:47 PM
Jimmy Buffett is extremely overrated.

Maybe so, but he's also extremely rich. . . . . . . .

notsofarawaydawg
05-02-2021, 06:25 AM
My neighbor used to go to the big festival in Key West and play guitar with Jimmy Buffet on stage during his shows.

msualohadog
05-02-2021, 06:37 AM
My wife gave me the same confession about football. Since then she's given me two all time one liners:

"Is that the guy they named the Theismann trophy after?"

On Moorhead - "Why does your coach always look like he's about to pick his nose?"

Churchill
05-02-2021, 09:31 AM
Don't care as much for him as I used to. Wish he had stayed out of politics.

Dawgbite
05-02-2021, 12:44 PM
His voice was never great and age has robbed him of most of that but his writing transports you to a better place. If you don’t enjoy a Buffett concert then you just don’t enjoy being alive. Love Jack Johnson but he doesn’t transport you to a better time and place Kenny Chesney is probably a better comparison to Buffett tha Jack Johnson.

Lord McBuckethead
05-02-2021, 03:18 PM
Not a big fan. He is alright.

BrunswickDawg
05-02-2021, 05:13 PM
Here's the thing about Buffett - for those of us of a certain age (won't say what that age is), he filled a niche in music that was just non-existent - good, laid back, beach party music. He was the soundtrack for spring break, the early years of Super Bulldog Weekend tailgates, frat parties, pool parties, and crawfish boils. If you had a chance to see one of his big live shows (like Atlanta) in the 70s, 80s or early 90s, you probably have a great story to tell about underage drinking, free good weed, a hot strange you made out with that night, conga lines, parrots, and good times with the best friends you've ever had. Yeah, it's cheesy nostalgia that is overplayed and he is past his prime. But those who where there know what I'm talking about - and Jack Johnson, John Meyer, Kenny Chesney, etc. are all just pale imitations of the man who started it all. (Hootie & the Blowfish/Darius Rucker is the only legit one in my mind who comes close).