PDA

View Full Version : What MSU player goes first in the draft? How many get drafted?

Tbonewannabe
04-27-2021, 09:46 AM
So what player gets drafted first?

I figure Kylin goes in the 3rd-4th.

I think Kylin, Spencer, Thompson, Kobe Jones, and D Parker get drafted. I could see only Kylin, Spencer, and Thompson getting drafted though and Kobe and Parker going Free Agent.

Hot Rock
04-27-2021, 10:56 AM
Kylin Hill is the only player that is on most if not all draft boards but he is not rated in the Top 100 in any of them that I saw. He could possibly could fall down to the 5th or even 6th round. I do think he is a top ten RB coming out this year so there could be a run of RB's and he could go in the 3rd or 4th like T-bone said. Lots of experts that do this for a living and get it wrong every year.

There are a number of players after him that have a chance to get drafted and will at least end up in a camp as a free agent. Free Agent contracts aren't that bad, you get you chance on a team of your choosing. You can look at depth charts and make an informed decision on where is your best shot to stick with a team.

I couldn't even get an proper evaluation of Thompson on a couple websites and I thought that dude would be a lock to get drafted. We all will be shocked if KJ Costello gets drafted before him but it could happen, all it takes is one team to like you. Mostly, I will be an interested bystander and hope our guys do well. I may not watch much coverage but I will be looking at the results and evaluations afterward.

StarkVegasSteve
04-27-2021, 11:16 AM
So what player gets drafted first?

I figure Kylin goes in the 3rd-4th.

I think Kylin, Spencer, Thompson, Kobe Jones, and D Parker get drafted. I could see only Kylin, Spencer, and Thompson getting drafted though and Kobe and Parker going Free Agent.

Kylin will probably go in the 6-7th round range. He might slide into the 5th. After that, you might see Errol and maybe one other get drafted. The rest will get UDFA camp invites. I think you'll see most of ours actually be able to hang on through rookie camp and make it to training camps. I think 2-3 out of this senior class will be on an opening day roster with another 1 to 2 on practice squads.

Homedawg
04-27-2021, 11:38 AM
Kylin 5-7. Nobody else gets picked

Coach34
04-27-2021, 04:53 PM
Kylin and Thompson both late round picks.

parabrave
04-27-2021, 05:42 PM
KH goes 1st 5-6 rounder. But ET has the better career.

Homedawg
04-27-2021, 05:46 PM
How about Greg Roland doing 8 reps on the bench!! Embarrassing

Ari Gold
04-27-2021, 06:16 PM

I would add Parker to that list.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-27-2021, 06:43 PM

Who is Greg Roland?

Tbonewannabe
04-27-2021, 08:06 PM
Who is Greg Roland?

I am guessing Eiland got autocorrected.

R2Dawg
04-27-2021, 09:31 PM

What I see as well. Spencer could sneak in last round depending on team need but rest get FA contract and that is it.

Homedawg
04-27-2021, 10:19 PM
Who is Greg Roland?

Ha. Yes. Sorry. Eiland and I tried to do it again.

Homedawg
04-27-2021, 10:20 PM
I'll stand by kylin Is only guy drafted.

Coach34
04-27-2021, 10:25 PM
I'll stand by kylin Is only guy drafted.

I'm not saying you're wrong- bad draft for us. I just think a team will take a flier on Errol because he will play ST's and is a toughass dude. 1st 4 rounds will get no love for State guys- so we dont even need to watch until round 5 maybe even the 6th.

HoopsDawg
04-27-2021, 10:30 PM

After 5 years in our strength program? He had long arms but yikes.

Homedawg
04-27-2021, 10:32 PM
I'm not saying you're wrong- bad draft for us. I just think a team will take a flier on Errol because he will play ST's and is a toughass dude. 1st 4 rounds will get no love for State guys- so we dont even need to watch until round 5 maybe even the 6th.

He did come have good pro day as far as shape. And won't argue w what you said. At all. Hell he might be the only one drafted. Kylin isn't some high ceiling guy.

parabrave
04-28-2021, 11:01 AM

Don't watch til round 5? Hell I'm waiting till next year when Brule' goes early.