PDA

View Full Version : Who is olemiss planning to hire

AlSwearengen
04-26-2021, 10:21 PM
After they can Bianco? It used to be McDonell but I think they have moved on from him. I am going to just assume they are sure they will snap up the guy at tenn. They were discussing it on the head to head radio show but I didn?t listen to much of it as I was in and out of the car at the time.

CadaverDawg
04-26-2021, 10:24 PM
I'm sure they will go after Godwin at ECU, and could probably get him. Would be a good hire in my opinion.

OLJWales
04-26-2021, 10:55 PM
Hope it's someone with a bad past so I can start hatin' early. On Day 1, Bianco was touting the "flag ship" shit. When will the Turds Up North Learn?

Todd4State
04-26-2021, 11:04 PM
I'm sure they will go after Godwin at ECU, and could probably get him. Would be a good hire in my opinion.

Godwin has just as many ties to LSU. I could see him going to either one.

To answer the question in the OP I could see them having a search that sort of ends up like ours for Lemonis. I think they'll go after some big names like McDonnell and Godwin and probably end up with someone else.

I could also see them hiring from within and go with Carl Lafferty.

TNDawg35
04-27-2021, 06:56 AM
I’m more worried about who LSU hires. They are the sleeping Giant right now. I believe if they get Bianco, I think he will take them back to where they were. Y’all gotta realize, he made a school that was nothing into something. They don’t understand that...

Jack Lambert
04-27-2021, 08:48 AM
Hope it's someone with a bad past so I can start hatin' early. On Day 1, Bianco was touting the "flag ship" shit. When will the Turds Up North Learn?

Then his own kid goes to another school.

MedDawg
04-27-2021, 08:58 AM

Godwin grew up 30 minutes from East Carolina and played baseball there. He's home, ranked #10 in the county, and doesn't need to go to OM to get to the CWS. In fact, going to OM probably hurts your chances to get to the CWS. :D

East Carolina is poised to become the beast baseball program of the East/Atlantic area. Virginia never really did, and South Carolina has been down since Tanner stopped coaching.

EC has a relatively new baseball stadium that seats 5,000, has 28,000 students, and their football team sucks, so they could become a "baseball school" if they haven't already. In response to the NCAA new 50% rule for regionals, an EC fan on twitter said that EC fans would blow past that if allowed. That guy indicated that East Carolina is getting behind their current baseball team.

PGHBulldogBG
04-27-2021, 09:22 AM
I?m not real familiar with the situation, but why are they looking for a new coach? I thought Ole Miss wasn?t much of a program before he came. He took them to Omaha a few years back for the first time since 1972. He has them in the top half of the SEC and recruits well. What am I missing here?

StarkVegasSteve
04-27-2021, 09:32 AM
With how close both McDonnell and Godwin are to Bianco I wouldn't be shocked to see both of them turn it down. I imagine OM would make a run at Eric Bakich at Michigan and will probably guage the interest of Tony Vitello at Tennessee, although I think he's waiting on DVH to retire so that he can get the Arky job.

NWADAWG
04-27-2021, 11:11 AM
After they can Bianco? It used to be McDonell but I think they have moved on from him. I am going to just assume they are sure they will snap up the guy at tenn. They were discussing it on the head to head radio show but I didn?t listen to much of it as I was in and out of the car at the time.

I have no idea who the AD and selection committee will be looking at. To see who the delusional fans think will be next, just google "top MLB coaches" and there's your list.

Kingbarkus
04-27-2021, 11:57 AM
I would not be surprised if lsu makes a run at Tony Vitello if pulmonary quits. Bianco will not be considered.

Johnson85
04-27-2021, 02:53 PM
I?m not real familiar with the situation, but why are they looking for a new coach? I thought Ole Miss wasn?t much of a program before he came. He took them to Omaha a few years back for the first time since 1972. He has them in the top half of the SEC and recruits well. What am I missing here?

Nah...Bianco just happened to come along with baseball was taking off within the SEC and in Mississippi. So he's realistically kept them from going to 4 or 5 CWS that they otherwise would have made.**

StarkVegasSteve
04-27-2021, 03:04 PM

Their fan base is mad because we've passed them as a program once again. They constantly live in the 2002-2008 time frame where we stopped recruiting and they temporarily passed us a program. We took it back in 2011-2012 and haven't looked back since.

Cowbell
04-27-2021, 04:40 PM
I?m more worried about who LSU hires. They are the sleeping Giant right now. I believe if they get Bianco, I think he will take them back to where they were. Y?all gotta realize, he made a school that was nothing into something. They don?t understand that...

No way LSU hires Bianco - they can't stand that guy.

Coach34
04-27-2021, 05:07 PM
I dont know if Manieri is going to survive this season- so alot of guys will be fighting for that job.

Here's what alot of people need to understand and why we got Lemonis- there are a group of coaches that dont want to fight the SEC battle because there are easier ways of having success. Just ask Coastal Carolina. Thats why a coach may choose to stay at East Carolina instead of fighting the SEC grind. Then when you factor in the travel involved with an OM or State job- where you have to recruit from Florida to Texas its even less enticing. That was a big factor with Scloss- 2/3 of his talent is 2 hours or less away. Just looking at East Carolina's roster- they dont do very much traveling recruiting-wise- https://ecupirates.com/sports/baseball/roster

ShotgunDawg
04-27-2021, 05:17 PM
I think there could be 3 jobs open with Bianco filling one.

My guess is that LSU, A&M, & Ole Miss all open.

- Bianco could fill either LSU or A&M as he's an LSU alum & Bdork is at A&M. I think Bianco is a good coach, but it appears to me that his time is up at OM. He needs a fresh start where the "sharks" aren't out to get him.
- Then Ole Miss & A&M will get in a battle for Vitello. Ole Miss is more committed to baseball, but A&M is the better job considering the local recruiting base & the fact that Tony recruited his tail off in the state of Texas at both TCU & Arkansas.
- If Tony were to choose, Ole Miss or LSU, I think you could see A&M make a strong run at Heefner. If Tony were to choose A&M I think Ole Miss chases Godwin first & then kick the tires on Corbin, & then both of them say no, I'm not sure where they go

TNDawg35
04-27-2021, 05:25 PM
I dont know if Manieri is going to survive this season- so alot of guys will be fighting for that job.

Here's what alot of people need to understand and why we got Lemonis- there are a group of coaches that dont want to fight the SEC battle because there are easier ways of having success. Just ask Coastal Carolina. Thats why a coach may choose to stay at East Carolina instead of fighting the SEC grind. Then when you factor in the travel involved with an OM or State job- where you have to recruit from Florida to Texas its even less enticing. That was a big factor with Scloss- 2/3 of his talent is 2 hours or less away. Just looking at East Carolina's roster- they dont do very much traveling recruiting-wise- https://ecupirates.com/sports/baseball/roster

It wasn’t Schloss decision to not be here. It is his fault he isn’t. The contract was ready and everything was agreed to. Schloss has a skeleton he let Cohen know about the day before he signed.

TNDawg35
04-27-2021, 05:33 PM
I think there could be 3 jobs open with Bianco filling one.

My guess is that LSU, A&M, & Ole Miss all open.

- Bianco could fill either LSU or A&M as he's an LSU alum & Bdork is at A&M. I think Bianco is a good coach, but it appears to me that his time is up at OM. He needs a fresh start where the "sharks" aren't out to get him.
- Then Ole Miss & A&M will get in a battle for Vitello. Ole Miss is more committed to baseball, but A&M is the better job considering the local recruiting base & the fact that Tony recruited his tail off in the state of Texas at both TCU & Arkansas.
- If Tony were to choose, Ole Miss or LSU, I think you could see A&M make a strong run at Heefner. If Tony were to choose A&M I think Ole Miss chases Godwin first & then kick the tires on Corbin, & then both of them say no, I'm not sure where they go

Vitello ain’t leaving UT for OM. He is waiting on Ark to come open. Van Horn won’t be there forever. I have first hand knowledge of this...

ShotgunDawg
04-27-2021, 07:06 PM
Vitello ain’t leaving UT for OM. He is waiting on Ark to come open. Van Horn won’t be there forever. I have first hand knowledge of this...

He's leave for A&M I believe. I'm sure Tony wants Arkansas as well, but the simple fact is that Van Horn isn't going anywhere for at least another 5 years & Tony ain't going to wait that long.

He likes it at Tennessee but they simply aren't committed like the SEC West schools. A&M & LSU can definitely get him & OM is a maybe

Coach34
04-27-2021, 07:40 PM
It wasn’t Schloss decision to not be here. It is his fault he isn’t. The contract was ready and everything was agreed to. Schloss has a skeleton he let Cohen know about the day before he signed.

I dont believe that even a little bit. He is one of the best coaches in the country and the media wasnt going to blow him up over coming to small town Mississippi. So there wasnt any worry about "skeletons". So he may have banged a few people? College coaches do that on the reg. It happens everywhere. They just dont text their side-pieces from the dugout like a certain someone. Mullen had a baby momma and few "friends". So did other people around the program.

I'll let you in on a terribly kept secret- more often than not- college coaches, AD's, and administration have side-pieces than dont. Everybody wants to be part of "the program"

We did alot of back and forth with Schloss- alot. So it wasnt one little thing.

AlSwearengen
04-27-2021, 08:07 PM
I dont believe that even a little bit. He is one of the best coaches in the country and the media wasnt going to blow him up over coming to small town Mississippi. So there wasnt any worry about "skeletons". So he may have banged a few people? College coaches do that on the reg. It happens everywhere. They just dont text their side-pieces from the dugout like a certain someone. Mullen had a baby momma and few "friends". So did other people around the program.

I'll let you in on a terribly kept secret- more often than not- college coaches, AD's, and administration have side-pieces than dont. Everybody wants to be part of "the program"

This is pure speculation but if Schlossneagle had any female skeleton’s in his closet and then divulged that to Cohen late in the process, I don’t see any way possible that Cohen would touch him with a 10 ft pole, especially coming on the heels of the Cannizzaro fiasco.

I remember them talking on head to head (Kendall Rogers maybe) about how Schlossneagle was still lobbying for the job AFTER “turning it down” because Cohen wouldn’t commit to him. This was while we were in Omaha.

BiscuitEater
04-27-2021, 08:08 PM

Whoever they hire, will have to have his head on a swivel! Godwin worked for Bianco, who if they fire will have had 20+ winning seasons In leading the program, Bianco has delivered 16 postseason appearances, including six Super Regional berths and a trip to the College World Series in 2014.

In other words, 'go to Omaha or get fired!' Would Godwin want to replace the guy that hired ham? And, the guy that went to16+ postseasons and still got fired, and winningest baseball coach in OM history?

Whoever, will have a target on his back while walking on eggshells!

BiscuitEater
04-27-2021, 08:16 PM
Schloss has a skeleton he let Cohen know about the day before he signed.

Am calling BS 'unless' you say what skeleton is/was! Name it!

Coach34
04-27-2021, 08:20 PM
This is pure speculation but if Schlossneagle had any female skeleton’s in his closet and then divulged that to Cohen late in the process, I don’t see any way possible that Cohen would touch him with a 10 ft pole, especially coming on the heels of the Cannizzaro fiasco.

Orgeron
Miles
Kiffin
Mullen
Freeze
Beautiful Bobby
Sumlin
Boom

Those are just SEC football HC's known for having fun recently. Notice that doesnt even reference their Asst coaches or other office personnel. Now imagine throwing in basketball and baseball? And all their asst coaches and office personnel. Ive personally partied with some of the dinosaurs around our program and watched them in action. It's everywhere.

TNDawg35
04-27-2021, 09:17 PM

Believe what you wanna believe... I know..

TNDawg35
04-27-2021, 09:27 PM
Orgeron
Miles
Kiffin
Mullen
Freeze
Beautiful Bobby
Sumlin
Boom

Those are just SEC football HC's known for having fun recently. Notice that doesnt even reference their Asst coaches or other office personnel. Now imagine throwing in basketball and baseball? And all their asst coaches and office personnel. Ive personally partied with some of the dinosaurs around our program and watched them in action. It's everywhere.

No one is saying everyone doesn’t have a side piece. Hell we all know that. Your not saying anything new homefry... There is no way you can fire Cann for what he did and then turn around and hire another coach who has a skeleton that his now school is covering up. Cohen found out, and told him thanks, but no thanks.

Like stated above, Schloss wanted the job even after turning it down. He pretty much begged for it. Cohen had his guy.

Now I will say Schloss was a little demanding. He wanted to be named coach while we were still playing and out of respect to Hendo, Cohen would not do that. Cohen treated Gary Henderson with the utmost respect in the whole process. He just wasn’t the future of MS Baseball. Hendo even knew that. But Cohen wasn’t gonna name a coach while we were trying to win a national title. Schloss didn’t like it, and “turned it down” through his mouth pieces Fitte and Briles (I think that’s their names at D1)

Some of the other names were smoke shows. D1 played the whole Godwin. We never were interested. We went after Schloss, McDonnell, and then Gauged Corbins interest since Corbin and Cohen are very close. Once they all said no, Cohen sat down with McDonnell and tried one more time. When he said no, it I will help you, here’s who I would want. He gave us 3 names. The top was Lemonis. McDonnell said he could have never gotten the Louisville program where it was without him in the beginning.

We called and it was end of story... Believe it if you want. I don’t give a shit either way..

CadaverDawg
04-27-2021, 09:32 PM
Well one thing is 100% fact....Ole Miss could give two shits about skeletons, so they will hire Schloss in a heartbeat if he gives them the same interest. It would be the best of both worlds to them....

1) Land a coach that "State couldn't get" (is how they'd frame it)

2) Land a top tier coach

And in that order of priority

BiscuitEater
04-28-2021, 06:27 AM
Then his own kid goes to another school.

Bianco is smart enough 'not to get fired' like the coach before him, Pat Harrison, who lost his team and the fans, by playing his son over better players!

WPS
04-28-2021, 12:18 PM
He's leave for A&M I believe. I'm sure Tony wants Arkansas as well, but the simple fact is that Van Horn isn't going anywhere for at least another 5 years & Tony ain't going to wait that long.

He likes it at Tennessee but they simply aren't committed like the SEC West schools. A&M & LSU can definitely get him & OM is a maybe

Yeah Arkansas fans have already pegged Vitello as the most wanted successor but you're right, DVH probably still has another 5 years in him which is an eternity in coaching.

LSU would be hard to turn down. They should be much better than they have been lately, it's a great job but they do have pretty high expectations as well.

msstatelp1
04-28-2021, 01:02 PM
Am calling BS 'unless' you say what skeleton is/was! Name it!

The discussion said the same undefeated thing that got Cannizaro.