PDA

View Full Version : Dak has a stinger

Todd4State
11-11-2013, 08:54 PM
I guess that means Tyler is going to start.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 09:01 PM

Why does that mean Tyler will start?

The stinger is on his non-throwing shoulder and stingers can go away very quickly. They are a nerve issue that can heal at any minute.

Not saying Dak will start, but there is a good chance he is ok by Wednesday and will play Saturday with no symptoms. I have had stinger before.

Here is the Wiki page for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinger_(medicine)

Coach34
11-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Tyler needs to play all 4 quarters or until he gets hurt

HoopsDawg
11-11-2013, 09:05 PM

Can someone tell me why I shouldn't lay the points and bet the mortgage?

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 09:06 PM

Why? We need to play all out and try to win.

msstate7
11-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Can someone tell me why I shouldn't lay the points and bet the mortgage?

Saban can be really conservative at times. I can see bama getting up 17 and then just trying to shorten the game

HoopsDawg
11-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Why? We need to play all out and try to win.

Dude, you are something else.

HoopsDawg
11-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Saban can be really conservative at times. I can see bama getting up 17 and then just trying to shorten the game

That's true. You would expect an emotionless Bama team to come into Starkville. That probably just want to get the win and get out of town. Maybe 31-7.

preachermatt83
11-11-2013, 09:14 PM
honestly I got a stinger on a kickoff return against Philadelphia one night that I honestly thought I was paralyzed and it took over an hour to get where I could even hold my arm up. From then on out my entire junior year everytime I got hit hard I would go numb all the way down my left side and it would last 15-20 mins at a time. It was rough. I didn't miss a game but I probably should have.

Todd4State
11-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Why does that mean Tyler will start?

The stinger is on his non-throwing shoulder and stingers can go away very quickly. They are a nerve issue that can heal at any minute.

Not saying Dak will start, but there is a good chance he is ok by Wednesday and will play Saturday with no symptoms. I have had stinger before.

Here is the Wiki page for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinger_(medicine)

Because per what I heard he isn't practicing right now at least early in the week. And Dan has shown that if a QB misses practice, he is likely to go wit the other. See Tyler with his concussion and Dak this past week.

Todd4State
11-11-2013, 09:16 PM
honestly I got a stinger on a kickoff return against Philadelphia one night that I honestly thought I was paralyzed and it took over an hour to get where I could even hold my arm up. From then on out my entire junior year everytime I got hit hard I would go numb all the way down my left side and it would last 15-20 mins at a time. It was rough. I didn't miss a game but I probably should have.

Every injury is not created equal in every person even if it's the same type of injury as well. I have no idea how serious Dak's stinger is.

jimbo352
11-11-2013, 09:23 PM
If the Dak is healthy, the Dak should play... Period...

Political Hack
11-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Tyler will go the distance.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Great post by a poster on 247 about this issue. Hopefully, this is Ok since Paul didn't write it.

"I have read on multiple boards today by multiple posters saying that we should rest Dak this weekend regardless of how healthy he is, and throw TR to the wolves so we give ourselves the best chance to make a bowl game because "we are gonna lose either way." Someone even mentioned it to me at work. This has to be a joke right? Is making a liberty bowl against a CUSA team really worth more than giving the #1 team in the country your best shot and attempting to be the team that knocks them off? I have long been a Russell supporter and with a coach that could call a good game for him, id be more than happy with this decision, but we don't have that.

First and formost..Alabama is our 2nd biggest rival (in our eyes) for crying out loud. They should get everything we got, everytime we step on the field. Secondly, ask yourself who won the liberty and music city bowls last year? If you didn't google it or if your not some super college football fan you probably didn't know the answer. But I bet you can answer the question of who beat Alabama last year, or the last 4 years for that matter. Third, so we are going to rest our quarterback of the future against Bama, then next year when that schedule is so much more favorable according to most, he goes into the bama game (in tuscaloosa) green, having never played a meangful snap against them. No memory of the different looks saban and smart are throwing at him. Therefore probably gaining all the painful lessons that may or may not be learned this year.

I realize that with all of our starters healthy, the chances of winning the game are very small, but that is why you play the game. The kid deserves the opportunity to go out and play the game of his life, considering all he has been through. If he were to pull it off, and our marketing team does their job, Dak wins an ESPY fror best moment. If it is truly the consensus amoung our fan base and staff, then that would pretty much explain why this all important Arkansas game next week would be to decide the team not in last place of the division. I guarantee winning this game and even losing the next 2, would have more of a positive impact than winning the last 2 to get to a low tier bowl. Heck at this point, even at 6-6 a bowl is not a lock with the way the sec is shaking out."

Political Hack
11-11-2013, 11:06 PM
it's a rivalry to us.

OldFatDog
11-11-2013, 11:09 PM
You got a purty mouth. If he's not 100%, sit him. Intended for Shotgun's speech.

Political Hack
11-11-2013, 11:13 PM
don't worry. it's highly unlikely he plays this week barring some miracle recovery.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 11:21 PM
It's a stinger, not a broken leg fellas. He may very well not play this weekend, but stingers can heal very quickly.

drunkernhelldawg
11-12-2013, 12:15 AM
Great post by a poster on 247 about this issue. Hopefully, this is Ok since Paul didn't write it.

"I have read on multiple boards today by multiple posters saying that we should rest Dak this weekend regardless of how healthy he is, and throw TR to the wolves so we give ourselves the best chance to make a bowl game because "we are gonna lose either way." Someone even mentioned it to me at work. This has to be a joke right? Is making a liberty bowl against a CUSA team really worth more than giving the #1 team in the country your best shot and attempting to be the team that knocks them off? I have long been a Russell supporter and with a coach that could call a good game for him, id be more than happy with this decision, but we don't have that.

First and formost..Alabama is our 2nd biggest rival (in our eyes) for crying out loud. They should get everything we got, everytime we step on the field. Secondly, ask yourself who won the liberty and music city bowls last year? If you didn't google it or if your not some super college football fan you probably didn't know the answer. But I bet you can answer the question of who beat Alabama last year, or the last 4 years for that matter. Third, so we are going to rest our quarterback of the future against Bama, then next year when that schedule is so much more favorable according to most, he goes into the bama game (in tuscaloosa) green, having never played a meangful snap against them. No memory of the different looks saban and smart are throwing at him. Therefore probably gaining all the painful lessons that may or may not be learned this year.

I realize that with all of our starters healthy, the chances of winning the game are very small, but that is why you play the game. The kid deserves the opportunity to go out and play the game of his life, considering all he has been through. If he were to pull it off, and our marketing team does their job, Dak wins an ESPY fror best moment. If it is truly the consensus amoung our fan base and staff, then that would pretty much explain why this all important Arkansas game next week would be to decide the team not in last place of the division. I guarantee winning this game and even losing the next 2, would have more of a positive impact than winning the last 2 to get to a low tier bowl. Heck at this point, even at 6-6 a bowl is not a lock with the way the sec is shaking out."

Great post. Like you side point about a coach who could call plays for TR. I was amazed in the first quarter that no play in the first two series even called for TR to look downfield. Amazing how many are crying we lost the game because we didn't start Dak when the rear reason is that the coaches blew our opportunity in the first two series with atrocious play calling and that the failure to move the ball had very little to do with which qb was in the game. Have not seen the superb passing by TR in the second half mentioned on any message board, so I'm leaving a small record of it here with this one sentence. I think it's probably the only of its kind between here and sixpack.

SPMT
11-12-2013, 12:26 AM

Absolutely

No sence risking losing our best chance to get bow eligible

FlabLoser
11-12-2013, 12:29 AM
Play Dak if it doesn't signifigantly increase his chance of being knocked out of Arkansas and/or Egg Bowl week. If Dak needs the rest, play Tyler 4 quarters.

My only concern with Tyler is that our running game has a massive dropoff with him in the game. The run game drops down a lot worse than the passing game picks up.

..unless Mullen puts together a good game plan. That diamond stuff might have a better chance than the single RB off tackle stuff we usually run with Tyler.

Todd4State
11-12-2013, 01:50 AM
It's a stinger, not a broken leg fellas. He may very well not play this weekend, but stingers can heal very quickly.

Again, not all injuries are created equal. Nerve tissue is the slowest healing tissue in the body.

Todd4State
11-12-2013, 02:01 AM
Play Dak if it doesn't signifigantly increase his chance of being knocked out of Arkansas and/or Egg Bowl week. If Dak needs the rest, play Tyler 4 quarters.

My only concern with Tyler is that our running game has a massive dropoff with him in the game. The run game drops down a lot worse than the passing game picks up.

..unless Mullen puts together a good game plan. That diamond stuff might have a better chance than the single RB off tackle stuff we usually run with Tyler.

The only reason Dak shouldn't play is if he truly can't go. We have to play to win no matter how slim the odds are.

But to your point- the coaches HAVE TO help Tyler out. That means less Perkins and more Robinson and Shumpert. We can not use Perkins like we used JJ Johnson. Playing Perkins like we are causes us to get behind the sticks and that puts Tyler in this case in a situation where he has to make a throw and the defense knows it. Perkins has not had a 100 yard game rushing the ball this year. And I think the closest he came this year was when he had 83 against mighty Bowling Green.

They also need to help us all out when Tyler is in by asking him to attack downfield more with Bear and Fred Brown. We finally have two WR's that can get open down field not to mention a slot WR in Jameon who is about as good as Bumphis was last year. We have a QB that can get the ball to them. Bear is 6'6" and as good as Bama's CB's are, they're not 6'6". I'd throw fades and fly patterns to Bear all night long with Tyler as the QB. But no- we're going to throw little speed outs every single play to Morrow and Johnson and then Saban will pick up on it after the second time in a row. It's ridiculous.

Honestly, Tyler is a better person than me because if it were me, I would be pissed about the play calling and the personnel.