PDA

View Full Version : Women's Basketball Recruiting

jdelta02
04-21-2021, 06:10 PM
Any thoughts?

jdelta02
04-21-2021, 10:37 PM
6-4 senior forward Dulcy Fankam Mendjadeu. (grad-transfer) just entered the transfer portal out of Memphis. She led Memphis in scoring and rebounding. Also, she's from Cameroon.

This past season at Memphis
14.1 points per game
10.6 rebounds per game
Second team All-AAC

basedog
04-22-2021, 07:28 AM
Not doubt good players win games, it will be interesting to see what the chemistry will be and what kind of coaching Penson will provide. On paper I can see where she was a "potential" home run hire, but she did nothing with what she had to work with as this past year's team got worse as the year went alone. I have no idea what went on in the locker room but I can tell you from my coaching days IF she had problems with players attitudes she should have dismissed them or suspended them to get the message across.
I'm in the wait and see group with Penson, but I don't have a lot of faith in her getting us close to where we've been, way too many good coaches and talent in the Sec WBB conference. I also question what she brought in to help from assistants last year, so I sure hope her new hires will make some difference.

Irondawg
04-22-2021, 09:03 AM
Need to grab a post player that can at least be a defensive presence to make me feel better about next year

jdelta02
04-22-2021, 12:13 PM
Kamilla Cardoso, 6-7 ACC Freshman Of The Year, and Co-Defensive Player Of The Year.....enters the transfer portal out of Syracuse

ScoobaDawg
04-22-2021, 01:11 PM
Kamilla Cardoso, 6-7 ACC Freshman Of The Year, and Co-Defensive Player Of The Year......transfer portal

that would be a huge get... Vic stay away!

captaindog
04-22-2021, 01:31 PM
Followup tweet saying it is likely UConn or Auburn for her.

ScoobaDawg
04-22-2021, 03:41 PM
Followup tweet saying it is likely UConn or Auburn for her.

Johnie trying to do some work already...

jdelta02
04-22-2021, 03:55 PM
6-5 sophomore center Angel Jackson out of Southern Cal......transfer portal.

2020-21 season
7.6 points per game
4,3 rebounds per game
22 steals
38 blocks
47 % field goal
64 % free throw
22 minutes per game (started 12 games)

jdelta02
04-22-2021, 09:44 PM
6-5 center Angel Jackson would be a very good addition to Miss. State's frontcourt. Check out her videos.

Irondawg
04-22-2021, 11:03 PM
I don?t think we get Cardosa so hoping she doesn?t go to Auburn

jdelta02
04-23-2021, 06:23 PM
Angel Jackson....she can hoop.

Video
https://youtu.be/DNBrNEQ-Buo

schddog72
04-23-2021, 08:54 PM
Kamilla Cardoso, 6-7 ACC Freshman Of The Year, and Co-Defensive Player Of The Year.....enters the transfer portal out of Syracuse

I think Vic recruited her pretty hard when he was here, but she ended up going to the Cuse. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see her end up at Aubrin or even Texas.

jdelta02
04-24-2021, 05:56 PM
Taiyanna Jackson and her Trinity Valley Community College team loses to Northwest Florida State College in the NJCAA Championship Game. Jackson is a 6-5 junior college post player that Miss. State offered a few months ago.. She's currently fairly raw offensively..but defense, rebounds, and blocked shots are her specialties

99jc
04-24-2021, 06:12 PM
I think Vic recruited her pretty hard when he was here, but she ended up going to the Cuse. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see her end up at Aubrin or even Texas.

Yes she was coming to State but the Columbian group that was controlling her interests want $$$$$ for her signing Vic Say 17 off.

schddog72
04-24-2021, 06:34 PM
Yes she was coming to State but the Columbian group that was controlling her interests want $$$$$ for her signing Vic Say 17 off.

If I read correctly, Syracuse has 5 players that are transferring out, including Cardosa, and they all seem to be staying in the ACC. I think she's going to Louisville.

jdelta02
04-25-2021, 07:58 PM
Angel Jackson (2019 McDonald's All-American), Southern Cal transfer....following Coach McCray-Penson on Twitter

another video
https://youtu.be/9ZVoKSv-DoM

jdelta02
04-25-2021, 08:04 PM
Angel Jackson

captaindog
04-25-2021, 08:28 PM
Great job establishing position. She also looks to be a strong player with size.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-26-2021, 03:27 PM
Angel Jackson....she can hoop.

Video

Her defense doesn't look good. She looks a little slow on defense. She would get eaten alive against quality bigs and would most likely be in foul trouble alot.

CadaverDawg
04-26-2021, 03:52 PM
After the season we just had, we could sign Rebecca Lobo in her prime and they'd still have to prove we can win before I'd get excited at all. Do you guys really think she can turn it around?

basedog
04-26-2021, 04:27 PM
After the season we just had, we could sign Rebecca Lobo in her prime and they'd still have to prove we can win before I'd get excited at all. Do you guys really think she can turn it around?

IFFY

Irondawg
04-26-2021, 05:48 PM
I can?t say I like Jackson?s video. I didn?t see any skill other than her size that would translate well to SEC play. She scored a little at USC but wasn?t a great rebounder, shot changer and that?s what we really need

She?s better than what we have right now but nothing really special to me

99jc
04-26-2021, 07:53 PM

I thought the exact same thing only difference was she would 17 up a team with the Boston Celtics. She would have Larry Bird and Kevin McChale on twitter twirking to Green Lives Matter

jdelta02
04-27-2021, 09:40 AM
USC vs California highlights

https://pac-12.com/videos/recap-usc-womens-basketball-holds-cal-75-67-win-berkeley

NCMSTFAN
04-28-2021, 10:13 PM
Angel Jackson (2019 McDonald's All-American), Southern Cal transfer....following Coach McCray-Penson on Twitter

another video
https://youtu.be/9ZVoKSv-DoM

Jdelta, on tape she doesn't really jump out at you and I'm not really sure how good she can be but she does have a soft touch on her shot and some pretty good moves. I'm not sure about her defense though. But you can't teach 6'5 and we need some size so of she is the best available player we can get, we need to get her. She was a McDonald's All American too so she obviously has talent

jdelta02
04-29-2021, 07:53 AM
Few things regarding the Angel Jackson videos that jump out at me....

(Offensively)
- Has the physical tools, including size
- Good offensive post positioning, good hands
- Displays very good, strong post moves
- Knocking down mid-range and short jumpers

(Defensively)
- Mostly keeping hands down when guarding in post area, and appears either slow to react or not making much to any effort to defend some (not all) plays. On the other hand...saw a play where she really hustled to get back in transition defense, and ended up making a really good late attempt to block the shot as she caught up with the player finishing at the basket (flash of recovery speed, athleticism). Blocked a shot on another play.

-

jdelta02
04-29-2021, 08:53 PM
Alisha Davis, a 6-2 forward, has entered name into the transfer portal..out of Northern Colorado.

(2020-21 Season).....
2020-21 Big Sky Conference MVP
17.1 points per game
10.1 rebounds per game
2.5. blocks per game

jdelta02
04-29-2021, 09:06 PM
Alisha Davis video
https://youtu.be/dGkX5DAti_U

Todd4State
04-30-2021, 02:14 AM

I don't. I just think that McRay-Penson is a not a great fit for us for whatever reason.

NCMSTFAN
04-30-2021, 08:00 AM
I don't. I just think that McRay-Penson is a not a great fit for us for whatever reason.

After one year? This happens more often than not when a coach comes in and takes over a program that just lost their best coach in school history... you rarely see that next coach take off right away. She brought her players and 2 new coaches in now, so give her a fair assessment going forward. It's the same respect you have to give Leach.

NWADAWG
04-30-2021, 08:19 AM
After one year? This happens more often than not when a coach comes in and takes over a program that just lost their best coach in school history... you rarely see that next coach take off right away. She brought her players and 2 new coaches in now, so give her a fair assessment going forward. It's the same respect you have to give Leach.

There's a difference between saying that she has no chance to succeed so fire her now and saying that you don't think she'll make it. She gets this coming year, with her players and coaches, to show what she's got. And it is correct that she is getting this year. However, I am not out of line for doubting that she will be successful.

As for Leach, he is a totally different story. It apples to oranges. He is a proven coach over many years of success at the P5 level. He also inherited a team that didn't have the conditioning or culture to win big regardless of coach or style of offense. We knew from the beginning that Leach had to implement a totally different system and fix a lot of player issues. Any player issues on the ladies team seemed to be under control under the last coach.

Cooterpoot
04-30-2021, 09:43 AM
She signed a whole family to get one player. It's not going to work out.

NCMSTFAN
04-30-2021, 09:58 AM
I'm not completely sold on Coach NMP yet either but I also understand everything doesnt happen in year 1 with a new coach. To give her credit she has shown she can recruit ,, we are just as talented or maybe more talented on paper than we have been to include last year's team. Again, I understand that doesn't always mean we will win games but everything starts with recruiting. As of now she has brought in:

Anastasia Hayes ESPNW 100-5 star McDonald's AA.. 26.5 ppg at MTSU

Alasia Hayes ESPNW 100-5 star recruit Notre Dame transfer

Jerkalia Jordan ESPNW 100-5 star recruit 16.7 ppg 2.3 spg transfer from Tulane

Ashley Jones ESPNW 100-4star recruit 16 ppg 4.5 rpg 4.3 apg at Temple

Knisha Godfrey ESPNW 100-4 star recruit High School

Jasmine Shavers ESPNW 100-4 star recruit High school

Aislynn Hayes not ESPN top 100. Averaged 14 ppg, 6 rpg, 3.5 assist at MTSU

She kept Rickea, Jessica Carter, Myah Taylor, Charlotte Kohl and added 2 good assistants and will probably add another big or 2 soon.. The talent is there, it also looks like the coaching staff has upgraded, yes the talent was there last season but these are her recruits and players now. I'm giving her a fair shot going forward, if next year resembles anything close to this past season, then she's not the woman for the job

basedog
04-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Seems she is lacking discipline, the players after a timeout looked unfazed, not tuned in. Here is the deal, IF some of our players were trouble makers or weren't discipline, she should have run them off or at least suspended. Things got out of control and we got much worse as the season went alone. Some left on there own and maybe some were ask to leave, if you can't control your locker room, no way you can control floor management with players. Lord knows why she didn't get this from Pat Summit who had what it takes in taking control.

jdelta02
04-30-2021, 10:25 AM
Kamilla Cardoso to South Carolina

NCMSTFAN
04-30-2021, 10:39 AM
There's a difference between saying that she has no chance to succeed so fire her now and saying that you don't think she'll make it. She gets this coming year, with her players and coaches, to show what she's got. And it is correct that she is getting this year. However, I am not out of line for doubting that she will be successful.

As for Leach, he is a totally different story. It apples to oranges. He is a proven coach over many years of success at the P5 level. He also inherited a team that didn't have the conditioning or culture to win big regardless of coach or style of offense. We knew from the beginning that Leach had to implement a totally different system and fix a lot of player issues. Any player issues on the ladies team seemed to be under control under the last coach.

Ok but saying that you don't think she will make it is being based off 1 year. Again you rarely see a new coach take over an established program to replace the best coach in the History of said program and hit the ground running.. it is usually a process.

And Mike Leach has been around for years and won alot of games. But what do we consider proven? Since 2000, His best two seasons were 11-2 in 2008 at Texas Tech and 11-2 in 2018 at Washington State. But he's also had a couple 3-9 seasons, a couple 6-7 seasons, a couple 7-6 seasons, 4-7 this season. And to give him credit he's had alot of 8 and 9 win seasons as well. But he hasn't consistently won big either and now he is in the SEC so it will be even tougher. But regardless I still chose to pull for him our program and give him a fair shot just like I am for NMP

Cooterpoot
04-30-2021, 10:45 AM
Ok but saying that you don't think she will make it is being based off 1 year. Again you rarely see a new coach take over an established program to replace the best coach in the History of said program and hit the ground running.. it is usually a process.

And Mike Leach has been around for years and won alot of games. But what do we consider proven? Since 2000, His best two seasons were 11-2 in 2008 at Texas Tech and 11-2 in 2018 at Washington State. But he's also had a couple 3-9 seasons, a couple 6-7 seasons, a couple 7-6 seasons, 4-7 this season. And to give him credit he's had alot of 8 and 9 win seasons as well. But he hasn't consistently won big either and now he is in the SEC so it will be even tougher. But regardless I still chose to pull for him our program and give him a fair shot just like I am for NMP

The team quit on her. There was no organization whatsoever. It should've improved over the season. She'll be gone after next year.

Commercecomet24
04-30-2021, 11:10 AM
Seems she is lacking discipline, the players after a timeout looked unfazed, not tuned in. Here is the deal, IF some of our players were trouble makers or weren't discipline, she should have run them off or at least suspended. Things got out of control and we got much worse as the season went alone. Some left on there own and maybe some were ask to leave, if you can't control your locker room, no way you can control floor management with players. Lord knows why she didn't get this from Pat Summit who had what it takes in taking control.

This, 100%. The team quit on her and coach looked like she could care less. If players quit on me like that I would have been going ballistic and found some players that at least gave a crap.

jdelta02
04-30-2021, 12:13 PM
Coach McCray-Penson bringing in all of this very high level talent, and top level assistant coaches is scaring.Miss. State fans that dislike and hate her....these pulling hard for her to fail. Won't her to just give up, and go away, disappear. It hurts them to see positive offseason movement. Good bit of them were against her even before she coached her first game at Miss. State. Some of their hearts are still with the old state flag, old Mississippi, old south, vain. pride, confederate views, stand by police and other. racial violence and injustice..these type values. ect. Though, some fans don't see themselves as listed above...still good to check in the mirror.

Yes, some people....are waking up. Pharaoh in the scriptures arms were too short to fight against , the most high, our Heavenly Father...still nothing changed today..

basedog
04-30-2021, 01:11 PM
Coach McCray-Penson bringing in all of this very high level talent, and top level assistant coaches is scaring.Miss. State fans that dislike and hate her....these pulling hard for her to fail. Won't her to just give up, and go away, disappear. It hurts them to see positive offseason movement. Good bit of them were against her even before she coached her first game at Miss. State. Some of their hearts are still with the old state flag, old Mississippi, old south, vain. pride, confederate views, stand by police and other. racial violence and injustice..these type values. ect. Though, some fans don't see themselves as listed above...still good to check in the mirror.

Yes, some people....are waking up. Pharaoh in the scriptures arms were too short to fight against , the most high, our Heavenly Father...still nothing changed today..

jdelta, I for one like your "moxie" and appreciate the infor you provide as well as you going all Dawg in for Penson. I'm hoping and would never pull against any Coach at Msu nor team. But in saying this, talent isn't good unless you bring desire, hustle and discipline, there was known last year, to me it's a poor excuse to say "it wasn't her players". No way on God's green earth should have been as bad as we were last year. I coached basketball, believe me I know what I saw. Let's hope she does as you think.

NCMSTFAN
04-30-2021, 01:19 PM
jdelta, I for one like your "moxie" and appreciate the infor you provide as well as you going all Dawg in for Penson. I'm hoping and would never pull against any Coach at Msu nor team. But in saying this, talent isn't good unless you bring desire, hustle and discipline, there was known last year, to me it's a poor excuse to say "it wasn't her players". No way on God's green earth should have been as bad as we were last year. I coached basketball, believe me I know what I saw. Let's hope she does as you think.

I coached 16 U AAU basketball too for many years here in North Carolina, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that my most talented teams were NOT always my best teams. Talent, ego and selfishness can get in the way. She didn't recruit alot of that talent so she wasn't able to put her stamp on them like maybe Vic could ( he recruited them all and they knew his system). It doesn't make her a bad coach... let her implement her recruits, her system and then judge her from that.

KentuckyDawg13
04-30-2021, 01:21 PM
Did you coach girls? I have coached basketball (and other sports) for boys and girls, and coaching females is a LOT different than males. Young men are like robots, just know which buttons to push. Young women, well I will just say it's a LOT DIFFERENT.

Pinson did not impress as much as I would have thought based on her resume, but it was an exceptional time (covid). This next season will most likely reflect what her potential is, so fan support is of the utmost.

jdelta's updates are one of the main reason I frequent this page.

NCMSTFAN
04-30-2021, 01:27 PM

Glad you said this. You will probably get some backlash for saying it but it is the truth. She definitely had people hoping she failed before coaching her 1st game which is pathetic.

NCMSTFAN
04-30-2021, 01:33 PM
Did you coach girls? I have coached basketball (and other sports) for boys and girls, and coaching females is a LOT different than males. Young men are like robots, just know which buttons to push. Young women, well I will just say it's a LOT DIFFERENT.

Pinson did not impress as much as I would have thought based on her resume, but it was an exceptional time (covid). This next season will most likely reflect what her potential is, so fan support is of the utmost.

I coached boys mostly but a good friend of mine coached girls and I was around alot of his practices helping some. And I agree totally, coaching girls vs boys are totally different. And I'll even go a step further and say being a female head coach (especially being somewhat young) may give you a disadvantage because some of these young girls almost feel like your an equal to them and will test you.. So depending on how they were raised, that tough mean male coach is what they need. Of course not all cases though.

NWADAWG
04-30-2021, 02:34 PM

I guess it's my turn to be offended. Your little bullcrap rant above implies that anyone that is not a fan of Penson is somehow racists. You my friend is what is wrong with the world.
I was cautiously excited when we hired her. Knowing she was linked to Pat Summit, I thought she might be able to take the talent and culture she was handed, add a little defensive diversity, and be that one that could get us past that runner up hump.
What I got was a coach that seemed to have no control over or respect from her team. She laid a big fat egg last year and earned 100% of the doubt she is getting.

If she takes her new players and coaches and shows big improvement this year. Hail State!. I want to State to win in every sport, every engineering competition, spelling bee, you name it. And I don't give two rat turds what the players or coaches that get us there look like (except maybe gingers from down under).

So you can take you old south/confederate/racial crap and go hide in you panty drawer until it is actually needed.

basedog
04-30-2021, 02:43 PM

I coached both boys and girls. I coached and treated both equal, to think I would treat girls different is wrong, it's basketball which involves x and o's, also discipline is the same. Btw, I won state championships in both girls and boys, I also coach college a few years as an assistant.
I'm not bashing anyone on here, it's just my thoughts, I just like everyone else will wait and see, I'm just not getting that fuzzy feeling about what I saw last year.
P.S. Girls will react just like boys, talented players will adjust if not be gone!

NCMSTFAN
04-30-2021, 03:08 PM
I coached both boys and girls. I coached and treated both equal, to think I would treat girls different is wrong, it's basketball which involves x and o's, also discipline is the same. Btw, I won state championships in both girls and boys, I also coach college a few years as an assistant.
I'm not bashing anyone on here, it's just my thoughts, I just like everyone else will wait and see, I'm just not getting that fuzzy feeling about what I saw last year.
P.S. Girls will react just like boys, talented players will adjust if not be gone!

Well I didn't get the warm and fuzzy's either, I can't lie but I also understand when there is a big coaching change, everything doesnt run smoothly in the transition, so I have to give her a little more time and not judge one season.

I never coached at the College level, but I did coach in some big AAU tournaments here and sent 3 players off to play college ball, one of which is now overseas playing professionally and trains with the Gasol Brothers and Ricky Rubio. I've been around alot of different players, girls and boys and I disagree with you in one aspect. I couldn't treat and talk to the girls the same way I did my boys. While you can still be strict and discipline the girls, as a man I couldn't get in a young lady's face and yell at her like I could some of my boy players who needed to be yelled at like that. In my experiences it was a difference, not a huge difference but a difference.

NCMSTFAN
04-30-2021, 03:13 PM
I guess it's my turn to be offended. Your little bullcrap rant above implies that anyone that is not a fan of Penson is somehow racists. You my friend is what is wrong with the world.
I was cautiously excited when we hired her. Knowing she was linked to Pat Summit, I thought she might be able to take the talent and culture she was handed, add a little defensive diversity, and be that one that could get us past that runner up hump.
What I got was a coach that seemed to have no control over or respect from her team. She laid a big fat egg last year and earned 100% of the doubt she is getting.

If she takes her new players and coaches and shows big improvement this year. Hail State!. I want to State to win in every sport, every engineering competition, spelling bee, you name it. And I don't give two rat turds what the players or coaches that get us there look like (except maybe gingers from down under).

So you can take you old south/confederate/racial crap and go hide in you panty drawer until it is actually needed.

I cant speak for jdelta and I know this wasn't directed at me but when NMP was hired here and was asked to speak at the proposed changing of the Mississippi flag event that happened, alot of MSU fans turned on her and got mad right away and didn't like what she said at the speech and going forward. Even on this board you can go back and see some the the backlash she took. That is my point when I said she had an X on her back before she coached her 1st game.

captaindog
04-30-2021, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=jdelta02;1322860]Coach McCray-Penson bringing in all of this very high level talent, and top level assistant coaches is scaring.Miss. State fans that dislike and hate her....these pulling hard for her to fail. Won't her to just give up, and go away, disappear. It hurts them to see positive offseason movement. Good bit of them were against her even before she coached her first game at Miss. State. Some of their hearts are still with the old state flag, old Mississippi, old south, vain. pride, confederate views, stand by police and other. racial violence and injustice..these type values. ect. Though, some fans don't see themselves as listed above...still good to check in the mirror.

Yes, some people....are waking up. Pharaoh in the scriptures arms were too short to fight against , the most high, our Heavenly Father...still nothing changed today..[/QUOTE
To suggest that any criticism is based on the color of her skin is very unfair. To be racist is one of the worst things a person can be. However this isn?t the first time you have made a broad accusation that if someone criticizes Coach McCray-Penson they are racist. This has been a good discussion of potential players until that digression.

After Jeff Walz she was my next choice to get the job and I was very excited to hire her. However I could not find anything during the season to give me any measure of hope she will or can be successful. Further I think the criticism of her in this post and others has been spot on. I certainly could not give you any measurable stat to counter anything said. In contrast I?ve been very pleased with her offseason to date to include the assistant coaches and players. However I?m still waiting to see if she can get things going back in a positive direction. Ultimately I?m still very guarded in any optimism that she can pull it off.

Turfdawg67
04-30-2021, 03:17 PM
51 posts? Kudos to y'all for caring this much for WBB.

jdelta02
04-30-2021, 03:40 PM
I cant speak for jdelta and I know this wasn't directed at me but when NMP was hired here and was asked to speak at the proposed changing of the Mississippi flag event that happened, alot of MSU fans turned on her and got mad right away and didn't like what she said at the speech and going forward. Even on this board you can go back and see some the the backlash she took. That is my point when I said she had an X on her back before she coached her 1st game.

This

NCMSTFAN
04-30-2021, 04:04 PM
51 posts? Kudos to y'all for caring this much for WBB.

You made it 52

Todd4State
04-30-2021, 04:16 PM

Or maybe she just didn't perform well enough.

bulldawg28
04-30-2021, 04:17 PM

10000% truth

captaindog
04-30-2021, 04:47 PM
10000% truth

This didn?t come up in this thread. The criticism is about her performance and she has certainly done plenty to merit it. If someone brought up the flag deal then fine, direct a response to that person. However to blanket call everyone who criticizes her racist isn?t remotely fair.

captaindog
04-30-2021, 04:58 PM
I coached 16 U AAU basketball too for many years here in North Carolina, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that my most talented teams were NOT always my best teams. Talent, ego and selfishness can get in the way. She didn't recruit alot of that talent so she wasn't able to put her stamp on them like maybe Vic could ( he recruited them all and they knew his system). It doesn't make her a bad coach... let her implement her recruits, her system and then judge her from that.

Looking at the roster for the coming season it certainly appears to mirror what she said she wanted to as far as style of play. Everything from last season aside I?m still very concerned about the lack of posts. My understanding is that is what she is targeting now and I?m hopeful we are able to address it.

99jc
04-30-2021, 05:24 PM
My experience in life is the one who calls others racist is usually one themselves. I grew up on a farm and shoveled a lot of shit in my younger days, I can spot a turd a mile away and NMP is one when it comes to coaching. That is all!

NCMSTFAN
04-30-2021, 06:45 PM
Looking at the roster for the coming season it certainly appears to mirror what she said she wanted to as far as style of play. Everything from last season aside I?m still very concerned about the lack of posts. My understanding is that is what she is targeting now and I?m hopeful we are able to address it.

Exactly, she said she uses alot of players because of the fast paced style she plays. Well she has an abundance of gaurds, playmakers and ball handlers now. I am also concerned with the lack of size as well but from what I've heard and read she is looking to get another big or two.. Right now we have Carter at 6'4", Kohl 6'5" Rickea 6'3" and that's about it in terms of size so we definitely need to get a couple more bigs

NCMSTFAN
04-30-2021, 06:46 PM
My experience in life is the one who calls others racist is usually one themselves. I grew up on a farm and shoveled a lot of shit in my younger days, I can spot a turd a mile away and NMP is one when it comes to coaching. That is all!

I'm not saying she will pan out... but I hope you remember saying that if this thing gets turned around with her girls and her fast paced style. It's happened before, don't judge too early

She went 21-11 and 24-6 her last year 2 years at ODU with some good wins in there. Her first season there wasn't great either until she got her girls and got going.

Commercecomet24
04-30-2021, 07:00 PM
I only care that our coaches win, carry themselves as a worthy representative of State and don't embarrass us. ANY coach that does that is fine by me. I hope she has great success but what we watched last year was awful and she coached like she would rather be somewhere else. IF she turns it around awesome, but if we see what we saw this past year she needs to be gone. Period

NCMSTFAN
04-30-2021, 07:45 PM
I only care that our coaches win, carry themselves as a worthy representative of State and don't embarrass us. ANY coach that does that is fine by me. I hope she has great success but what we watched last year was awful and she coached like she would rather be somewhere else. IF she turns it around awesome, but if we see what we saw this past year she needs to be gone. Period

I can't dispute anything you said. But do you also consider what we watched last year with Leach awful and feel if we see anything we saw with him similar to this year he should be gone? And this is a legit question, I am not baiting at all. Im just trying to understand the differences that I see alot of people use in the situations.

jdelta02
04-30-2021, 08:56 PM
Alisha Davis, a 6-2 sophomore forward out of Northern Colorado....transfer portal
(2020-21 Season).....
- 2020-21 Big Sky Conference MVP
- Led the Big Sky in rebounding
- 17.1 points per game
- 10.1 rebounds per game (1st Big Sky)
- 2.5 blocks per game (2nd Big Sky)

Alisha Davis freshman season (2019-20 season)
https://youtu.be/lPwyCQoQ9Xg

NWADAWG
04-30-2021, 10:42 PM
I can't dispute anything you said. But do you also consider what we watched last year with Leach awful and feel if we see anything we saw with him similar to this year he should be gone? And this is a legit question, I am not baiting at all. Im just trying to understand the differences that I see alot of people use in the situations.

Maybe it's perspective but I don't remember feeling like the players quit on or disrespected leach. The team played hard and was better at the end of the season than they were at the beginning.

If the ladies had been playing hard and improving at all, I don't think she would be getting near the negative outlook.

Commercecomet24
05-01-2021, 12:18 AM

Players never quit on Leach. They played hard and improved as the season went on. The team quit on her and got worse as the season went on, they regressed not progressed, big difference in the 2 coaches and teams. Once again I hope she succeeds but I don't see it happening. I'll pull for her and our team but I'm not expecting much.

Todd4State
05-01-2021, 01:35 AM
Players never quit on Leach. They played hard and improved as the season went on. The team quit on her and got worse as the season went on, they regressed not progressed, big difference in the 2 coaches and teams. Once again I hope she succeeds but I don't see it happening. I'll pull for her and our team but I'm not expecting much.

Exactly. Leach won his last two games and we we're starting to resemble an actual decent offensive unit by the end of the year.

NCMSTFAN
05-01-2021, 07:14 AM

Players never quit on Leach? So Kylin Hill (who most fans hate), Tyrrell Shavers, Garrett Shrader to name a few didn't quit on Leach? Hill and Shavers were getting alot of playing time too. Other players quit on Leach too and left during the season.... you guys have to stop moving the goal post to fit your narrative. The situations are similar but you will find excuses. At the end of the day I'm rooting for every coach and player who represents Mississippi State, alot of you can't say the same

NCMSTFAN
05-01-2021, 07:18 AM
Maybe it's perspective but I don't remember feeling like the players quit on or disrespected leach. The team played hard and was better at the end of the season than they were at the beginning.

If the ladies had been playing hard and improving at all, I don't think she would be getting near the negative outlook.

It happens.. when new coaches arrive some players don't adapt to the new staff and eventually transfer out, Leach had the exact same problem, go look up how many players "quit" on Leach or transferred out. There is no difference