PDA

View Full Version : Listened to SportsTalk while driving home today and it was about like what I expected

R2Dawg
04-19-2021, 09:25 PM
I generally like Richard Cross but boy he is butt hurt over the weekend. They spent the whole show making excuses replaying all the little miss steps by Olemiss that would have won them the series, tried to build OM up and even put down MSU, etc.

It was sad and pathetic and entertaining at the same time. OM pitching, OM how talented, OM a top program, and at the same time MSU not more talented, OM pitching is better than anyone, OM hitting best there is, etc. They just can't deal with MSU being the better program and there isn't a thing they can do about it.

Oh, OM would have had just as big a crowd as MSU, OM is a top 3 job in the country, etc. It was ridiculous.

Again I generally like Richard and the guys. Even Haydad was agreeing with them on every point, I guess being nice.

SaintDawg
04-19-2021, 09:38 PM
They hate us 'cuz they ain't us.

BeardoMSU
04-19-2021, 09:43 PM
Oh, Chase and Neal had a good one today....we just want there to be a rivalry between us an OM, but there just ain't, no matter how hard we try. 16 of 19 be damned.

Delusional.

William Tecumsah Sherman
04-19-2021, 09:51 PM
That is always the Shark?s ?go-to? theme when we beat them....?it?s not a rivalry?

Jack Lambert
04-19-2021, 09:52 PM
Why do you listen? It's like Conservative complaining about social media shutting down conservative talk but still go out there and post. Just don't do it to yourself. Forget them and move on. I have not listen to that radio show in a long while. I don't even listen to suck dick Bo.

R2Dawg
04-19-2021, 09:57 PM
Why do you listen? It's like Conservative complaining about social media shutting down conservative talk but still go out there and post. Just don't do it to yourself. Forget them and move on. I have not listen to that radio show in a long while. I don't even listen to suck dick Bo.

Wasn't really complaining just sharing what they said. It was entertaining listening to the crying. I basically like Richard and the crew. They have their bias but who doesn't. Hadad needs to be more of a homer sometimes but that is typical MSU.

Now Finebaum is on and I ain't listening to that idiot.

R2Dawg
04-19-2021, 09:59 PM

Apples and oranges. That is about free speech not free listening. If I don't want to read a stupid post then don't read but taking away my free speech is another issue.

William Tecumsah Sherman
04-19-2021, 10:01 PM
R2Dawg was just confirming what we all knew....Sharks will never tip the cap. They will make excuses, transfer blame, and down play losses

DownwardDawg
04-19-2021, 10:43 PM
I generally like Richard Cross but boy he is butt hurt over the weekend. They spent the whole show making excuses replaying all the little miss steps by Olemiss that would have won them the series, tried to build OM up and even put down MSU, etc.

It was sad and pathetic and entertaining at the same time. OM pitching, OM how talented, OM a top program, and at the same time MSU not more talented, OM pitching is better than anyone, OM hitting best there is, etc. They just can't deal with MSU being the better program and there isn't a thing they can do about it.

Oh, OM would have had just as big a crowd as MSU, OM is a top 3 job in the country, etc. It was ridiculous.

Again I generally like Richard and the guys. Even Haydad was agreeing with them on every point, I guess being nice.

The few times I've listened, haydad pretty much just agreed with them. I don't listen anymore.

Jack Lambert
04-19-2021, 10:54 PM
R2Dawg was just confirming what we all knew....Sharks will never tip the cap. They will make excuses, transfer blame, and down play losses

I was just trying to make a point. Sounded like you were complaining. My point was stop complaining and stop listening. Wasn't trying to make a comparison. But you clarified that you like listening to the show. That's ok and nothing wrong with that. I don't listen. In my opinion it sucks and it sucks because of Dick Cross. It has become another arm the the Ole Miss PR machine. Haddad goes along for the pay check. The only way to change it is to stop listening and when ratings drop and advertisement slows don't they start to scratch thier heads asking what happen and then either they change or they get replaced. I guess everyone has thier own opinion. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The Federalist Engineer
04-20-2021, 01:37 AM
We need to talk about Bianco’s bad track record with wasting recruits at OM.

They have basically produced a handful of MLB Journeymen like some some decent JUCO program, I guess. And Gary Henderson match his Omaha prowess in one seasons work.

Lance Lynn still in Majors? He was decent as a Cardinal.

Todd4State
04-20-2021, 01:57 AM
We need to talk about Bianco’s bad track record with wasting recruits at OM.

They have basically produced a handful of MLB Journeymen like some some decent JUCO program, I guess. And Gary Henderson match his Omaha prowess in one seasons work.

Lance Lynn still in Majors? He was decent as a Cardinal.

Lynn is with the White Sox.

When your head coach is throwing the best pitchers 110+ pitches every game that is going to get back to recruits. You just can't do stuff like this in this era of baseball.

Gypsy_RoadDawg
04-20-2021, 06:56 AM

I've pretty much quit listening since Matt left the show. Richard does a very good job of calling games that are neutral. Given the talk show we're talking about his homer side definitely comes out.

The Federalist Engineer
04-20-2021, 08:22 AM

When your head coach is throwing the best pitchers 110+ pitches every game that is going to get back to recruits. You just can't do stuff like this in this era of baseball.

In 2031 - there will be all types of MLB players from the MSU 2021 Roster, some will be very obvious and some will be surprises. OM 2021 will not remotely compare.

Even OMs greatest ever team 2014 has Zero active or full roster MLB players. Prolly all retired now.

shoeless joe
04-20-2021, 08:42 AM
Cross is really good at his job when it doesn?t have anything to do with ole miss. Play by play in baseball or basketball he?s an enjoyable listen...even when they talk about non college sports on the radio show he?s not bad. But there?s no doubt that he has all the OM talkin points down to a T. And he does what all homers, and politicians do, he states favorable opinions about his side but states them as indisputable facts instead of what they are. Then is aghast and defensive when others don?t fall in line.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-20-2021, 08:44 AM

Vandy does, it doesn't seem to hurt them. I remember Rocker as a true Fr at 110 pitches and being trotted back out there for another inning...

Ari Gold
04-20-2021, 08:45 AM
Scoreboard Bitches..
and btw that scoreboard is on the best college baseball stadium in country..

StarkVegasSteve
04-20-2021, 08:53 AM
Oh, Chase and Neal had a good one today....we just want there to be a rivalry between us an OM, but there just ain't, no matter how hard we try. 16 of 19 be damned.

Delusional.

I mean they aren't wrong. It's never really been a baseball rivalry between us and them. They had one little stretch in the mid 00s where we had stopped recruiting and they closed the gap a bit. Doesn't mean the series isn't still extremely fun, but 16 out of 19 and 5 straight series wins is just straight up domination.

BeardoMSU
04-20-2021, 09:06 AM
I mean they aren't wrong. It's never really been a baseball rivalry between us and them. They had one little stretch in the mid 00s where we had stopped recruiting and they closed the gap a bit. Doesn't mean the series isn't still extremely fun, but 16 out of 19 and 5 straight series wins is just straight up domination.

Oh for sure, but that wasn't the argument they made, lol. The opposite in fact.

BrunswickDawg
04-20-2021, 09:25 AM

OM needs to focus on getting better - because their upcoming schedule can knock them out of hosting. Period. Since there "greatest SEC Start EVAAAAAAAAA" at 6-0, they've lost 2 of 3 each to UF, Arky, and MSU. They have LSU, USC, @A&M, Vandy, and @UGA left. It wouldn't shock me to see them lose to USC, A&M, Vandy and UGA. Going 16-14 after a 6-0 start is not a good look.

The Federalist Engineer
04-20-2021, 10:21 AM
Vandy does, it doesn't seem to hurt them. I remember Rocker as a true Fr at 110 pitches and being trotted back out there for another inning...

It must be that Tracy Rocker is a football dad and does not realize that his son could be $500M marquee player like Mike Trout or Aaron Judge.

Somebody should go tap Dad's shoulder and let him know. "Sir, the $1M insurance policy the Whistlers are paying is not worth 0.5% of what your son's MLB career could be worth. And, MLB does not see 100 pitches versus Georgia as "toughness", rather malpractice by Corbin."

Todd4State
04-20-2021, 10:40 AM
OM needs to focus on getting better - because their upcoming schedule can knock them out of hosting. Period. Since there "greatest SEC Start EVAAAAAAAAA" at 6-0, they've lost 2 of 3 each to UF, Arky, and MSU. They have LSU, USC, @A&M, Vandy, and @UGA left. It wouldn't shock me to see them lose to USC, A&M, Vandy and UGA. Going 16-14 after a 6-0 start is not a good look.

Yeah. If they lose their series to LSU they could be in trouble as far as hosting goes.

StarkVegasSteve
04-20-2021, 10:51 AM

That's not an incredibly difficult schedule outside of Vandy. A&M is trash at the moment, they get USCe and Vandy at home, and UGA and LSU are hot and cold and they're more on the cold side at the moment. Anything under a 17-13 conference record for them and they're not hosting. They'll probably go 9-6 in that stretch.

R2Dawg
04-20-2021, 11:46 AM
I was just trying to make a point. Sounded like you were complaining. My point was stop complaining and stop listening. Wasn't trying to make a comparison. But you clarified that you like listening to the show. That's ok and nothing wrong with that. I don't listen. In my opinion it sucks and it sucks because of Dick Cross. It has become another arm the the Ole Miss PR machine. Haddad goes along for the pay check. The only way to change it is to stop listening and when ratings drop and advertisement slows don't they start to scratch thier heads asking what happen and then either they change or they get replaced. I guess everyone has thier own opinion. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Only reason I listen some is I live across state line and that is the only station I can get to get any MSU info. When you don't live in MS and have as much access, you take what you can get.

My post was more for everyone's entertainment. I was amused by it and loved listening to the pathetic crying after we dominated them yet again. You should have listened Monday. My way of enjoying the win. Hadad did too even though he left them off easy which in some ways made it worse.

It would be the equivalent to listening to Finebaum after MSU win against Bama. Must listen to radio the next time that happens.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-20-2021, 01:03 PM
The best part is it doesn't really feel like we're playing that great but we still beat their asses. Can't imagine what it would be like with more experienced pitchers and a better hitting lineup.

sandwolf
04-21-2021, 09:26 AM
Cross is really good at his job when it doesn?t have anything to do with ole miss. Play by play in baseball or basketball he?s an enjoyable listen...even when they talk about non college sports on the radio show he?s not bad. But there?s no doubt that he has all the OM talkin points down to a T. And he does what all homers, and politicians do, he states favorable opinions about his side but states them as indisputable facts instead of what they are. Then is aghast and defensive when others don?t fall in line.

I also think Cross does a really good job, even on the radio show. Hell, the entire premise of Head to Head is to have an OM guy versus a State guy, so he's not supposed to be hiding his bias. I'm not saying he's perfect, but I am of the opinion that the vast majority of the criticism that he gets from our fans is strictly due to his being an OM guy (which is completely fine).