PDA

View Full Version : For any wrestling fans

SteelCurtain74
04-19-2021, 06:30 PM
A&E is running an 8 part series on legends of wrestling. Last night was on Stone Cold Steve Austin. The first episode was on Andre the Giant.

A lot of behind the scenes things on their history. I never knew how much Andre the Giant drank. Ric Flair witnessed him drink 106 beers in one sitting.

Next week is on Rowdy Roddy Piper. If you're looking for something to watch, I would recommend it.

Saltydog
04-19-2021, 07:43 PM
I don't like the channel itself but Vice Network has a series called "Dark Side of the Ring". They're hour long documentaries that focus on controversial subjects, events and deaths in professional rasslin. If you're a diehard fan, it's well worth watching. I've seen the docs on Bruiser Brody, Owen Hart, Kerry Von Erich, New Jack, Jimmy Snuka and Chris Benoit.
The best one was the infamous Montreal Screw Job featuring Brett Hart. It's outstanding.

R2Dawg
04-19-2021, 08:51 PM
The Andrea Hulk one was pretty good. When wrestling went big, I quit watching but as a kid, Lawler, Dundee, Valiant, Tojo, Stomper, and so many that was pretty good.

sscjr1
04-19-2021, 08:51 PM
I don't like the channel itself but Vice Network has a series called "Dark Side of the Ring". They're hour long documentaries that focus on controversial subjects, events and deaths in professional rasslin. If you're a diehard fan, it's well worth watching. I've seen the docs on Bruiser Brody, Owen Hart, Kerry Von Erich, New Jack, Jimmy Snuka and Chris Benoit.
The best one was the infamous Montreal Screw Job featuring Brett Hart. It's outstanding.

They just released the trailer for season 3