PDA

View Full Version : Bear fans are calling into Head to Head

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Upset about how lack-luster OM looked in beating Arkansas and upset because they "aren't putting teams away"

This is how the downfall begins. The downfall begins when fans start having unrealistic expeditions for the program and delusional dreams about how good they are. What happens next is that OM will lose to Missouri and MSU, and then OM fans will begin to jump off the Freeze bandwagon when they should just be happy that he has them where they are in only two years.

Funny how cyclical fan bases are:

New Coach -> Brings hope to the program by improving in first season and bringing in good recruits -> Starts winning some real games in 2nd or 3rd season and thus creating high expectations -> Fans begin to think they have arrived and found the perfect coach -> Coach shows he is human and not the messiah of football by not putting teams away that the fan base was led to believe they should blow out -> Fans begin to feel the program has plateaued -> Coach loses a few games the fans thought he should've won -> momentum comes to a halt -> Fans want a new coach

It has started for OM already and their fans are the only ones to blame.

TheRef
11-11-2013, 06:32 PM
It's an ugly cycle, but it's the truth of how the cycle goes.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Kyle Veazey had a good quote that alluded to the cycle,

"College football teams can only sell winning and hope, but very few teams actually win enough to sell winning."

So once hope begins to fade, people jump off the bandwagon. OM is winning, but, to them, the Arkansas game was a real reminder of how far behind Bama they really are.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 06:39 PM
By the way, listening to Head to Head and was wondering, does every person in Mississippi have bad cell phone coverage. Over half these calls are breaking up

geotop
11-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Its funny to watch their delusional ways !

We will pile drive them into the next cycle.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Its funny to watch their delusional ways !

We will pile drive them into the next cycle.

No doubt, it could get ugly

TheRef
11-11-2013, 06:43 PM

But Freeze is the Messiah!!!!

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 06:49 PM
After watching Arkansas run the ball on OM this weekend, and Wallace throw the ball like a transvestite, I think we are going to ram the ball right up OM's anus.

I just hope we beat Ark, so our players have even more motivation.

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-11-2013, 07:31 PM
After watching Arkansas run the ball on OM this weekend, and Wallace throw the ball like a transvestite, I think we are going to ram the ball right up OM's anus.

Ha, we SHOULD run it up OM's anus. But we SHOULD have run it up A&M's anus and we didn't..

wrb7480
11-11-2013, 08:38 PM
We are a better team than TSUN Bears! We WILL beat them and show those delusional fans that they aren't nearly as good as they think. We will be playing for bowl eligibility and that is motivation enough!!

engie
11-11-2013, 08:49 PM

You DO realize that Bo Wallace passed for 407 yards right? He was 59 yards away from our all-time single-game passing record. It was 112 yards more than Tyler Russell has put up in a single game in his "prolific" MSU passing career.

Some of you need to get back on your rockers...

Churchill
11-11-2013, 08:52 PM
A bunch of them have grown very fond of Mullen and seem genuinely concerned about our football program. At least one bear calls in every day saying how crazy we would be to fire Dan. It`s really kind of touching.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 08:55 PM
You DO realize that Bo Wallace passed for 407 yards right? He was 59 yards away from our all-time single-game passing record. It was 112 yards more than Tyler Russell has put up in a single game in his "prolific" MSU passing career.

I do realize this, but I also know how to evaluate talent, and he throws like a transvestite. Not hard to play QB when you are throwing to the wide open receivers they have.

Wallace has good instincts, vision, and plays hard. Not comparing him to Tyler Russell, and I would also say his entire skill set makes him more versatile and usable than Tyler, but he does throw like a transvestite.

If anyone can half cover their receivers, Wallace can't hurt you.

Coach34
11-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Ha, we SHOULD run it up OM's anus. But we SHOULD have run it up A&M's anus and we didn't..

299 yards rushing and 7 ypc....we did run it up A&M's ass- we should have just done it more

Dawgman22
11-11-2013, 09:01 PM

There is nothing we have done to make me think we will whip Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl. We may win but I don't see us making it ugly.

Coach34
11-11-2013, 09:02 PM
, the Arkansas game was a real reminder of how far behind Bama they really are.

The Bama game should have reminded them how far they are behind Bama

HoopsDawg
11-11-2013, 09:03 PM
But Freeze is the Messiah!!!!

I haven't heard a single Ole Miss fan complain about Freeze. And they are a much better team than us. We will lose by 2 TD's.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 09:04 PM
There is nothing we have done to make me think we will whip Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl. We may win but I don't see us making it ugly.

We have shown flashes of being able to do things that they simply can't stop, and, with Mullen having a vendetta, our players pissed, and a rocking DW, I'm betting on the Dawgs.

We are getting better each week, especially our defense and Dak. Not telling how much better our young team could be in 3 weeks.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 09:05 PM
I haven't heard a single Ole Miss fan complain about Freeze. And they are a much better team than us. We will lose by 2 TD's.

Are you an OM fan, because this entire post is completely inaccurate. The team I saw play Saturday morning against Arkansas was, at best, as good as we were at 2:30.

Coach34
11-11-2013, 09:07 PM

aint no damn way- they couldnt even UPig's shitty team by 2 TD's at home, much less do that to a better team on the road.

HoopsDawg
11-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Are you an OM fan, because this entire post is completely inaccurate. The team I saw play Saturday morning against Arkansas was, at best, as good as we were at 2:30.

Did you catch the LSU game? You might want to wait until after we play Arkansas b/c we aren't winning that game either.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Did you catch the LSU game? You might want to wait until after we play Arkansas b/c we aren't winning that game either.

Who is this guy?

Dawgman22
11-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Who is this guy?

A realist

jimbo352
11-11-2013, 09:14 PM
We should probably just worry about our football team right now.

More of the same little brother BS coming from our fans... We're 4-5... We need to win 2 of the next 3... Focus on that...

Hell, I wish I felt as confident as some of you guys do...

Coach34
11-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Did you catch the LSU game?

Did you catch the Auburn game?

PendingTransaction
11-11-2013, 09:21 PM
I haven't seen anything that suggest we can stop the Wallace and Company passing attack. And they will play better defense than aTm.

jimbo352
11-11-2013, 09:21 PM
We should probably just worry about our football team right now.

More of the same little brother BS coming from our fans... We're 4-5... We need to win 2 of the next 3... Focus on that...

Hell, I wish I felt as confident as some of you guys do...

Did you see our near disastrous games against Bowling Green and Kentucky????

We're 4-5 with ZERO quality wins... Our backs are against the wall, and we're fighting for a mediocre bowl game...

HoopsDawg
11-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Did you catch the Auburn game?

Yeah, I did. Ole Miss lost by 8 thanks in large part to a 78 yard pick 6. I think the turnover battle was even.

We lost as well despite a +3 in the turnover department. Also, AU has gotten better and better with every game. But hey, if you think we are as good as Ole Miss, I'm not going to pop your bubble. I just don't live in a dream world.

engie
11-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Did you see our near disastrous games against Bowling Green and Kentucky????

We're 4-5 with ZERO quality wins... Our backs are against the wall, and we're fighting for a mediocre bowl game...

EXACTLY

msstate7
11-11-2013, 09:28 PM
I haven't seen anything that suggest we can stop the Wallace and Company passing attack. And they will play better defense than aTm.

I'm worried also, but Manziel scrambling around hurt us more than anything. Bo can't extend plays as long as Manziel. I think we can hold them much better than we did aTm. I think our defense is getting better even though we did give up 49. Plug any other sec qb against us last Saturday and we win that game.

A healthy dak is the key for the egg bowl. He should have a great game running.

Coach34
11-11-2013, 09:29 PM
We're 4-5 with ZERO quality wins... .

and OM was 5-6 last year with ZERO quality wins before they beat their rival on their homefield

engie
11-11-2013, 09:32 PM
and OM was 5-6 last year with ZERO quality wins before they beat their rival on their homefield

Comparing year 5 of Mullen to year 1 of Freeze...
SMH

HoopsDawg
11-11-2013, 09:34 PM

Yeah, but they nearly beat LSU. And they were up on A&M and Vandy late in the 4th quarter. We blew a chance against AU, but we haven't been competitive in another game for 3 years.

msstate7
11-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Yeah, but they nearly beat LSU. And they were up on A&M and Vandy late in the 4th quarter. We blew a chance against AU, but we haven't been competitive in another game for 3 years.
We weren't competitive last week?

Coach34
11-11-2013, 09:39 PM
SMH

Year 5...year 1...year 9....blah blah blah....team dynamics are what they are in that particular year- it doesnt matter what year of the coach's tenure it is

Whatever year it is- we should hold serve on our field

HoopsDawg
11-11-2013, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=msstate7;85644]We weren't competitive last week?[/QUOTE

We didn't get embarrassed. Our players played their asses off. But I never felt we had a chance to win.

Coach34
11-11-2013, 09:40 PM

I'm gonna enjoy Thanksgiving so much

engie
11-11-2013, 09:44 PM

When were we within striking distance? I'm proud of the effort, but "not giving up" /=/ "competitive"

HoopsDawg
11-11-2013, 09:46 PM
I'm gonna enjoy Thanksgiving so much

Honestly, the only reason I came to this board was b/c I enjoy your takes. In particular, your Sunday morning recap. But I can't believe how delusional you are about Mullen and the Egg Bowl.

msstate7
11-11-2013, 09:48 PM
When were we within striking distance?

When we cut the lead to 2 right before halftime only to give up a long td.

The play before the safety should've been a long td for us, but we just missed it.

msstate7
11-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Honestly, the only reason I came to this board was b/c I enjoy your takes. In particular, your Sunday morning recap. But I can't believe how delusional you are about Mullen and the Egg Bowl.

You're probably just as delusional the opposite way. I'm not sure if we'll win the egg or not, but OM isn't a no-chance game. Every sec game they've played has been decided by 10 points or less so I'm not sure what you feel we have no chance.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 09:54 PM

The play before the safety should've been a long td for us, but we just missed it.

Furthermore, when the final score is 51-41, striking distance is always within single digits, and we were down by 9 often. This isn't even an argument, we were within striking distance often in that game. Stop the agendas. Geeze

HunterDawg
11-11-2013, 10:00 PM

with 10 minutes left we were down 51-27. We were running the ball. They were perfectly happy to let us do that. The yards and first downs and even touchdowns were pretty meaningless. We weren't going to come back from 24 down running our QB.

I am not unhappy with the effort but it is a stretch to say we would have won, "if only" this or that hadn't happened. They would have played those last 10 min differently if they needed to. We piled up a ton of good stats and 14 points, though.

HoopsDawg
11-11-2013, 10:05 PM
You're probably just as delusional the opposite way. I'm not sure if we'll win the egg or not, but OM isn't a no-chance game. Every sec game they've played has been decided by 10 points or less so I'm not sure what you feel we have no chance.

No, not delusional at all. OM is definitely not a no-chance game. They aren't Alabama. But I think it's delusional to expect a win in that game. But if you are Coach34 you can't back Mullen 100% and say we're going to lose that game. That would change the dialog from 3 straight bowl games to, "shit we have missed a bowl game in 2 of the 5 years he has been our coach despite a soft non-conference and 12 game schedules.

Coach34
11-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Every sec game they've played has been decided by 10 points or less so I'm not sure what you feel we have no chance.

Except Bama

Coach34
11-11-2013, 10:08 PM
But I think it's delusional to expect a win in that game. But if you are Coach34 you can't back Mullen 100% and say we're going to lose that game.

I'm behind Mullen unless we lose to UPig and OM. And I see no reason for us to lose those games. We are better than UPig and there is very little difference between us and OM. Playing at home will be the difference

It's called "letting the season play out"

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm behind Mullen unless we lose to UPig and OM. And I see no reason for us to lose those games. We are better than UPig and there is very little difference between us and OM. Playing at home will be the difference

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mch2t1mw7K1rtulu4o1_500.gif

HunterDawg
11-11-2013, 10:16 PM
The Vegas "trends" are troubling. Look at how many teams have gone on the road and won the week after playing Alabama. Look at how many times we have beaten Ark. in the state of Ark. I think both numbers are zero.

These may be more than just superstitions. Everyone comes out of the Bama game banged up. A lot will depend on whether or not it happens to us. Ark is a lot better than Kentucky and they are hard to beat up there.

I can see us winning one of the last two, but it is hard to be confident we will win both.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Arkansas has a week off this week as well, I think

Jdawg
11-11-2013, 10:23 PM
A realist

Exactly... Some of you need to quit thinking we're a good team all the sudden because A&M cleared their bench while up 24 in the 4th qtr allowing us to get 2 late scores. Let's revisit all of this the week leading up to the Egg bowl. We will know more about both teams then. And I'm telling you now, I've watched Arkansas in several games this year and they do some things really well and they're close to taking out their season long frustration on someone.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Exactly... Some of you need to quit thinking we're a good team all the sudden because A&M cleared their bench while up 24 in the 4th qtr allowing us to get 2 late scores. Let's revisit all of this the week leading up to the Egg bowl. We will know more about both teams then. And I'm telling you now, I've watched Arkansas in several games this year and they do some things really well and they're close to taking out their season long frustration on someone.

Why do I need to stop thinking that we are capable of being a very good team if things click, which I expect them to do against OM? Why do I need to stop being hopeful about my team?

I'm a realist, and, as a realist, I realize that we are getting better and have the ability to beat anyone if we play well and cut out all the bullshit mistakes.

msstate7
11-11-2013, 10:27 PM
And I'm telling you now, I've watched Arkansas in several games this year and they do some things really well and they're close to taking out their season long frustration on someone.

Couldn't the same be said about us?

Arkansas likes to run the ball which I think plays to our strength.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 10:28 PM

Agree, we match up very very well with Arkansas. There is a strong chance this game could be our best defensive effort of the year.

While I do agree that Arkansas and Kentucky are very close to each other, Kentucky runs more mis-direction stuff that creates more one-on-one match ups and chances for big plays. Arkansas just tries to run you over, but with our d-line, we match up very well against this style of play.

Coach34
11-11-2013, 10:28 PM
The Vegas "trends" are troubling. Look at how many teams have gone on the road and won the week after playing Alabama. Look at how many times we have beaten Ark. in the state of Ark. I think both numbers are zero.

A lot will depend on whether or not it happens to us. Ark is a lot better than Kentucky and they are hard to beat up there.

1. No 1st year UPig coach has ever beaten us
2. We havent played an SEC winless team in the state of Arkansas
3. They have lost 5 SEC games in a row at home- and are 1-14 in their last 15 SEC games

Jdawg
11-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Why do I need to stop thinking that we are capable of being a very good team if things click, which I expect them to do against OM? Why do I need to stop being hopeful about my team?

I'm a realist, and, as a realist, I realize that we are getting better and have the ability to beat anyone if we play well and cut out all the bullshit mistakes.

We shouldn't not believe in our school, that's not what I'm saying. I'm just concerned some on here are feeling a little too good after the A&M game and are being set up to be disappointed.

Both us and Arkansas are similar in that we play really well at times and then do some stupid shit to kill drives and momentum. Neither of us have put 4 quarters together but we've played better than they have. I'm just saying let the next 2 weeks play out before we start poking our chest out all but guaranteeing an ass whooping of Ole Miss.

4Dawgs4Life
11-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Hate to tell everyone but Alex Collins is the truf

Jdawg
11-11-2013, 10:43 PM

Absolutely the same thing can be said about us.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 10:46 PM

I agree, but running backs don't scare me with our team. Mobile QBs and Big WRs scare me with our team.

msstate7
11-11-2013, 10:48 PM

Yes he's good. Dak is pretty good too.

Alex Collins -- 169 attempts, 946 yds, 5.6 per attempt, 4 tds

Dak -- 111 attempts, 722 yds, 6.5 per attempt, 10 tds

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 10:54 PM
We shouldn't not believe in our school, that's not what I'm saying. I'm just concerned some on here are feeling a little too good after the A&M game and are being set up to be disappointed.

Both us and Arkansas are similar in that we play really well at times and then do some stupid shit to kill drives and momentum. Neither of us have put 4 quarters together but we've played better than they have. I'm just saying let the next 2 weeks play out before we start poking our chest out all but guaranteeing an ass whooping of Ole Miss.

I understand what you are saying, but I'm perfectly OK being disappointed. I see many things that we do very well, and believe if it all comes together, we can beat anyone in this league.

We are much better than Arkansas. Arkansas is one dimensional, we are not. And our defense is much better than theirs.

HunterDawg
11-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Yep. Top 5 in the SEC with 100 more yards than T J Yeldon and just a few behind Jeremy Hill. (just checked the stats)

And, their #2 runner is also in the top 10. Only team with 2.

That is scary because everyone knows they are going to run. They are last in passing. And they still get those kinds of yards. Both are around 6.0 per carry.

Gonna have to stack the box.

msstate7
11-11-2013, 11:03 PM
Yep. Top 5 in the SEC with 100 more yards than T J Yeldon and just a few behind Jeremy Hill. (just checked the stats)

That is scary because everyone knows they are going to run. They are last in passing. And they still get those kinds of yards. Both are around 6.0 per carry.

We average the exact amount (209.7 a game) of rushing yards despite less attempts (arkansas has ran 25 more times than us).

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 11:03 PM

We have one of the top 2 or 3 d-lines in the SEC. I think we'll be fine.

HunterDawg
11-11-2013, 11:07 PM
We need to get a good lead and force them to start throwing. They suck at throwing.

msstate7
11-11-2013, 11:08 PM
We have one of the top 2 or 3 d-lines in the SEC. I think we'll be fine.

We're 5th in the sec in rushing yards allowed. We're 6th in total yards a game

engie
11-11-2013, 11:24 PM

Ah -- so first half.

We'll be tied with Bama at kickoff too...

engie
11-11-2013, 11:25 PM
Furthermore, when the final score is 51-41, striking distance is always within single digits, and we were down by 9 often. This isn't even an argument, we were within striking distance often in that game. Stop the agendas. Geeze

Striking distance = one score. We never had a chance to win that game. Final score looked better than the reality of it.

engie
11-11-2013, 11:27 PM

So, we have to lose to both now? Last week -- it was losing the Egg period. So, which is it?

TaxSetUs
11-12-2013, 07:00 AM
Yeah, the Bears were going to lose to LSU too. I think I will just wait and see what happens. Please get CDM to get us one of them tranvestie QB's. One that generates 400 plus yards a game.

Coach34
11-12-2013, 07:07 AM
Yeah, the Bears were going to lose to LSU too. I think I will just wait and see what happens. Please get CDM to get us one of them tranvestie QB's. One that generates 400 plus yards a game.

We already have that- we are averaging 460 yards per game- by far the best in school history

TaxSetUs
11-12-2013, 07:53 AM
According the SEC webpage the Bears are 24 nationally passing and we are 53. That's against a weaker schedule for us so far. I agree Dak is more talented than Bo and with the right talent around him he would match the AU QB. He doesn't have anywhere close to the talent that surrounds Wallace--and it shows. They have a better OL, better WR's--not even close and even better RB corps. Wallace is a game manager with a good arm and that is all he needs to be.

BulldogBear
11-12-2013, 08:09 AM

Exactly. Stop the run and play any kind of pass defense and we'll win. Just win baby. It doesn't need to be pretty. Let's just escape from this game. Let down after Bama is probably inevitable.

Coach34
11-12-2013, 08:32 AM
According the SEC webpage the Bears are 24 nationally passing and we are 53. That's against a weaker schedule for us so far. I agree Dak is more talented than Bo and with the right talent around him he would match the AU QB. He doesn't have anywhere close to the talent that surrounds Wallace--and it shows. They have a better OL, better WR's--not even close and even better RB corps. Wallace is a game manager with a good arm and that is all he needs to be.

I disagree on OL and RB's. There is no doubt about WR's though. You also have to factor in that we are more committed to the rush than they are. We are 4th in the SEC in rushing- they are 11th. That plays a huge role as well.

jimbo352
11-12-2013, 08:46 AM
I disagree on OL and RB's. There is no doubt about WR's though. You also have to factor in that we are more committed to the rush than they are. We are 4th in the SEC in rushing- they are 11th. That plays a huge role as well.

I think the OL is a push... They probably provide a little better pass protection, but our boys move that line when it comes to running that football... I think their OL will have less success against our DL, than our OL will have against their DL... I agree about RB's though... Ours are more productive, and I think Robinson is going to be one of the best in the SEC in time.

biscuit
11-12-2013, 08:54 AM

It was 51-27 before we got a couple of late TD's.....51 points.....On paper the final looks good, but we got smoked

Coach34
11-12-2013, 09:27 AM
It was 51-27 before we got a couple of late TD's.....51 points.....On paper the final looks good, but we got smoked

we scored 2 TD's in the 4th because we had worn their ass down- they were playing frontline players

Dawgface
11-12-2013, 09:46 AM
aint no damn way- they couldnt even UPig's shitty team by 2 TD's at home, much less do that to a better team on the road.

Damn, I hope you guys are right.

wobblyh
11-12-2013, 09:52 AM
I think at this point in the season any talks of "when/if we stop doing X and start doing Y" is more wishful thinking than anything else. You are what you are at this point. If you've turned the ball over or committed stupid penalties all season or have erratic playcalling all season, it's not likely to change now. That's not always the case, but usually is.

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2013, 10:01 AM
I think at this point in the season any talks of "when/if we stop doing X and start doing Y" is more wishful thinking than anything else. You are what you are at this point. If you've turned the ball over or committed stupid penalties all season or have erratic playcalling all season, it's not likely to change now. That's not always the case, but usually is.

I would normally completely agree with you, but, when you have young players in critical positions like we do, there is much greater chance of the players getting better throughout the year. Again, you may be right, but I'm hopeful this thing will click at some point this year.

CJDAWG85
11-12-2013, 10:03 AM
TSUN vs. Top 40 Rushing Offenses

3. Auburn L 282 rushing yds
25. Arkansas W 196 rushing yds
27. Alabama L 254 rushing yds
35. Texas A&M L 241 rushing yds
38. Texas W 124 rushing yds

MSU is 26th right now in Rushing Offense

Behrdawg
11-12-2013, 10:11 AM
The fags have a good team. They just aren't as good as they think they are, this year. Next year- they will be pretty damn good (as much as I hate to say it).

Coach34
11-12-2013, 10:31 AM

good info

Jack Lambert
11-12-2013, 10:35 AM
By the way, listening to Head to Head and was wondering, does every person in Mississippi have bad cell phone coverage. Over half these calls are breaking up

Paul Gallo and JT does not have that problem. I think it's because the studio is in Jackson where JT and Paul can go to but Head to Head is located away from the station. It may not have anything to do with it but it's just a thought.

Jack Lambert
11-12-2013, 10:37 AM
good info
'
I feel pretty sure that we beat Ole Miss at home.

wobblyh
11-12-2013, 11:20 AM

So 240+ rushing yards seems to be the magic number at this point? State has done that 3 times this year against Alcorn St (I-AA), Bowling Green (65th nationally rushing defense) and TA&M (103rd). OM is currently 71 so it's definitely possible.

Coach34
11-12-2013, 11:22 AM
So 240+ rushing yards seems to be the magic number at this point? State has done that 3 times this year against Alcorn St (I-AA), Bowling Green (65th nationally rushing defense) and TA&M (103rd). OM is currently 71 so it's definitely possible.

No doubt the game depends on our ability to run the ball as well as tackle their WR's and limit big plays

Political Hack
11-12-2013, 11:23 AM
240+ hammered the Rebs. 200+ will likely get the job done.

CJDAWG85
11-12-2013, 11:26 AM

I was going to say 200 seems to be the key number in my opinion. We rush for 240+ and we destroy them.

wobblyh
11-12-2013, 11:26 AM

If by hammered you mean 3 point and 8 point victories that were close games. Alabama smoked them but that was more about OM's inability to do anything on offense and Bama kept getting the ball back. I think C34 basically summed it up. It'll be about establishing the run vs establishing the pass. Who can do it better. Assuming, of course, turnovers are a wash.

stxdawg
11-12-2013, 11:28 AM
The fags have a good team. They just aren't as good as they think they are, this year. Next year- they will be pretty damn good (as much as I hate to say it).

What a lot of folks are missing is they are actually declining. If you watch their last few games they have not played that well, and the LSU game was a total fluke. All they do is dink and dunk, and we will be able to defend that easily. Our team has been getting better each week, even though it is not showing yet in the win column. Actually, I hope they are favored and hope their dumb fans feel confident coming into our stadium. They will be in for a rude awakening.

And, the Arkansas game will be close, but Dak will pull this one out for us. I see our O line and rush attack as the dominant factor in beating the Upig and the bears.

wobblyh
11-12-2013, 11:33 AM
What a lot of folks are missing is they are actually declining. If you watch their last few games they have not played that well, and the LSU game was a total fluke. All they do is dink and dunk, and we will be able to defend that easily. Our team has been getting better each week, even though it is not showing yet in the win column. Actually, I hope they are favored and hope their dumb fans feel confident coming into our stadium. They will be in for a rude awakening.

And, the Arkansas game will be close, but Dak will pull this one out for us. I see our O line and rush attack as the dominant factor in beating the Upig and the bears.

I think that might be taking it a little far. Improving or declining despite the outcome of the game is completely possible; however, over several games improving without wins or declining with wins, you're still measured by wins and losses.

bluelightstar
11-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Hope springs eternal

stxdawg
11-12-2013, 11:43 AM
I think that might be taking it a little far. Improving or declining despite the outcome of the game is completely possible; however, over several games improving without wins or declining with wins, you're still measured by wins and losses.

This is just my observation and opinion. What I saw Saturday night was a team with a lot of potential and that would not give up. If we hadn't stayed in it and not scored those last 3 TD's, then I would not have a lot of hope in how we finish out. But if Dan can just stick with the run and with what has been working, we have a very good chance to surprise some folks in these last few games. From what I have seen of the bears, they look like they have just gotten lucky. I think our defense will shut them down.

DawgsBite34
11-12-2013, 12:21 PM
SMH

GOLD

Coach34
11-12-2013, 01:18 PM
GOLD

What about year 10 of Pinkel vs Year 11?

engie
11-12-2013, 01:37 PM
What about year 10 of Pinkel vs Year 11?

When Mullen wins 63 in 7 years and leads us to a top 5 final ranking -- He will get patience as well.

Pinkel also had a coaching staff housecleaning after last year, in spite of him having a million legitimate reasons to struggle.

Percho
11-12-2013, 02:03 PM
The year stuff doesn't have crap to do with a thing!

RougeDawg
11-12-2013, 05:48 PM

Yes Engie, he threw for that many yards, but what was exactly hard about it? 90% of his passes are within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage, and the WR gains the YAC. His passes downfield resembled that of an afternoon rainbow, after a spring rainshower. With that shitty Ark defense, I could have thrown for 300+ yards saturday and I haven't played QB in 10 years. My arm right now, would be as strong as his, and I havent thrown an object like a football since the beach this summer. His arm is weak, and teams should pressure him to throw early and jump the routes in the flats and screens. That's all OM throws. The passes he completed down-field were all lollipops that any good defense would have picked off.

RougeDawg
11-12-2013, 05:50 PM

Um, here ya go. We outplayed Auburn on the road, and lost on the very last play of the game.

We are better than OM. Period. We were better than them last year, as well. It all depends on which MSU team shows up.

RougeDawg
11-12-2013, 05:58 PM

Coach, I think you should add that 90% of their passes are just extensions of the running game. You cant compare a shitty WR bubble screen pass happy offense to a normal passing offense. Those plays are essentially running plays that the QB gets passing stats for. Some of you on here miss the forest for the trees on a daily basis.

engie
11-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Most ridiculous post I've seen in awhile -- and that's saying something.

IDGAF how it "looked". It didn't "look" beautiful last year from my front row seat to him torching Banks and Slay last year either. Didn't change the reality. How many of them did we pick last year? How many did he put in the endzone?

If you are going to find something to bitch about -- at least make it something semi based in reality. If QBing is that easy -- why don't we do the same thing?

Oh -- he's broken Russell's career single-game passing record in 7 of his career 22 starts. Make excuses for that reality however you please...

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Coach, I think you should add that 90% of their passes are just extensions of the running game. You cant compare a shitty WR bubble screen pass happy offense to a normal passing offense. Those plays are essentially running plays that the QB gets passing stats for. Some of you on here miss the forest for the trees on a daily basis.

This is accurate, but I will say that their WRs are the strength of their team and they have no problem playing to their strengths.

Wish we did the same. Dak+Robinson+Wheel routes to Perkins+Deep balls to Wilson would be us playing to our strengths.

Schultzy
11-12-2013, 06:32 PM

IDGAF how it "looked". It didn't "look" beautiful last year from my front row seat to him torching Banks and Slay last year either. Didn't change the reality. How many of them did we pick last year? How many did he put in the endzone?

If you are going to find something to bitch about -- at least make it something semi based in reality. If QBing is that easy -- why don't we do the same thing?

Oh -- he's broken Russell's career single-game passing record in 7 of his career 22 starts. Make excuses for that reality however you please...

You have become absolutely unbearable. You don't have to post every single thing that pops into your head. Get a filter and put it somewhere between your brain and your mouth (or in this case your fingertips). Please, pretty please with sugar on top.

engie
11-12-2013, 06:41 PM
You have become absolutely unbearable. You don't have to post every single thing that pops into your head. Get a filter and put it somewhere between your brain and your mouth (or in this case your fingertips). Please, pretty please with sugar on top.

Go **** yourself. Pretty please with sugar on top.

I got "called out" -- and I responded. Sorry it hurt your feelings. Want to know how to prevent it going forward? It's really simple.

Some of you are just determined to ignore reality. How does that help MSU move forward?

scottycameron
11-12-2013, 06:59 PM

They've got one hell of a running game then.

Schultzy
11-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Go **** yourself. Pretty please with sugar on top.

I got "called out" -- and I responded. Sorry it hurt your feelings. Want to know how to prevent it going forward? It's really simple.

Some of you are just determined to ignore reality. How does that help MSU move forward?

He didn't call you out he just pointed out the ole miss qb's lack of arm strength and the high amount of yards after catch he benefits from on the stat sheet.
My feelings aren't hurt it's just that you simply are now annoying, repetitive and overbearing.
ETA: downgrading our players while complementing ole miss players players for the purpose of trying to win an argument doesn't move anything forward but your own self importance.
There is a time for your criticisms but every day on here is unnecessary and not helping MSU move forward.

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Can we have the old Engie back? Please

http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA3LzE4L2EyL0FkYW1Ccm9keTEuZWMyZjguZ2lmCn AJdGh1bWIJMTIwMHg5NjAwPg/9371106f/b69/Adam-Brody1.gif

DesireeDawg
11-12-2013, 07:36 PM
They like to pretend like the egg bowl doesnt matter but to you bear lurkers, remember 2009. You beat LSU and thought you would walk into DWS for an easy win and then the downfall began. The egg bowl controls both programs whether we like it or not.

Behrdawg
11-12-2013, 09:42 PM
They like to pretend like the egg bowl doesnt matter but to you bear lurkers, remember 2009. You beat LSU and thought you would walk into DWS for an easy win and then the downfall began. The egg bowl controls both programs whether we like it or not.

Well look at that....its the transvestite

http://youtu.be/EF8GhC-T_Mo

engie
11-12-2013, 10:03 PM
ETA: downgrading our players while complementing ole miss players players for the purpose of trying to win an argument doesn't move anything forward but your own self importance.
Sure it does. It shows just how skewed many of your visions of reality are -- which then skew your visions on everything MSU and make it impossible to have a logical conversation. MSU has had FOUR 400+ yard passing games in it's history. It's ridiculously homerish for anyone to criticize what Wallace did Saturday period. It would have been the 3rd best passing game in the HISTORY of MSU.

There is a time for your criticisms but every day on here is unnecessary and not helping MSU move forward.
In the eyes of who?

I'm unhappy with the current direction. Me pointing out problems with MSU is helping MSU either move forward in the direction that I want to see us go -- or at the very least address problems that MANY of us are shouting from the rooftops.

PendingTransaction
11-12-2013, 10:27 PM

You are on point, Engie.

wrb7480
11-13-2013, 06:36 AM
Sure it does. It shows just how skewed many of your visions of reality are -- which then skew your visions on everything MSU and make it impossible to have a logical conversation. MSU has had FOUR 400+ yard passing games in it's history. It's ridiculously homerish for anyone to criticize what Wallace did Saturday period. It would have been the 3rd best passing game in the HISTORY of MSU.

In the eyes of who?

I'm unhappy with the current direction. Me pointing out problems with MSU is helping MSU either move forward in the direction that I want to see us go -- or at the very least address problems that MANY of us are shouting from the rooftops.

Hatred for any and all things TSUN simply clouds one's vision. We need someone to objectively look at our program and recommend changes that need to be made for us to improve. Doesn't need to be a bear or a Dawg fan. If we are satisfied with the results we are getting, leave the program alone! Arguing stats and pre-game predictions may be message board entertainment, but it won't improve our program one bit. Neither will this post, but at least I feel important by posting it!

Nicky Santoro
11-13-2013, 09:49 AM
We already have that- we are averaging 460 yards per game- by far the best in school history

Coach - all season you've been telling us that 500 yard a game offenses are the norm now... You have got to see your logic doesn't run both ways...

We are tied with the Bears in Scoring offense. Your point should have been we are as good as the Bears on offense. That refutes what he was saying about the damn transvestite qb.