PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything positive to talk about?

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Lost recruits
Student deaths
Players out for the season
Bama on their way into town
Below .500 record
Below 35 recruiting ranking
Terrible new posters

This thread is to list something positive about MSU athletics...

GO...

Coach34
11-11-2013, 04:32 PM
We are in the top half of the SEC in both Total Offense and Total D

BeastMan
11-11-2013, 04:34 PM
You think you listed it all but I'm waiting for it...
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa402/LadyLiberty1885/Random%20but%20Awesome/drebingettingslappedp1.gif

C222
11-11-2013, 04:36 PM
I heard our nation wide search for the next radio crew is going very well. Guys are beating down Scott's door wanting our job. No offers made yet but I'm hearing it's winding down. Someone start tracking planes.

Statecoachingblows**
Our qb situation/future is about as bright as it has been in a long time

CadaverDawg
You think you listed it all but I'm waiting for it...
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa402/LadyLiberty1885/Random%20but%20Awesome/drebingettingslappedp1.gif

Haha.

By the way BeastMan, we never had our reaction to the A&M game GIF thread.

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Our qb situation/future is about as bright as it has been in a long time

True. Very true. Good one

BeastMan
11-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Haha.

By the way BeastMan, we never had our reaction to the A&M game GIF thread.

I had a wedding that night so I wasn't around a laptop to do so.

Dawg61
11-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Dak, Bear, Shumpert, CJ, Brown, McKinney, Jefferson, Robinson, Redmond are all very good young players and I'm sure I missed a couple more. That's positive. We were more talented than aTm. That's positive. That's HUGE actually.

C222
11-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Dak, Bear, Shumpert, CJ, Brown, McKinney, Jefferson, Robinson, Redmond are all very good young players and I'm sure I missed a couple more. That's positive. We were more talented than aTm. That's positive. That's HUGE actually.

Nope.

JeanPeesSittingDown
11-11-2013, 04:40 PM
We were more talented than aTm. That's positive. That's HUGE actually.

FWIW I was saying this before the A&M game and got blasted.

FISHDAWG
11-11-2013, 04:43 PM
thread isn't locked yet so there's that **

hdc
11-11-2013, 04:45 PM
The renovations to the west side of the football stadium are really nice and our baseball team is back!

BeastMan
11-11-2013, 04:46 PM
thread isn't locked yet so there's that **

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/067/d4a/903/resized/shit-supernatural-taught-me-meme-generator-if-there-is-a-lock-then-there-must-be-a-key-dad3e6.jpg

Dawgowar
11-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Dairy Department commemorating this season with 'Suckberry Muscadine Ripple with Shitastic Chunk Ice Cream' and 'Smells Like Old French ****** Cheese' Who couldn't be fired about about that. Hmmm? Hmmm?

MadDawg
11-11-2013, 05:13 PM
FWIW I was saying this before the A&M game and got blasted.

As you should have been.

MadDawg
11-11-2013, 05:17 PM
We were more talented than aTm.

Where does this come from? Is it fitting the facts to go with the narrative? I mean I fully expect to hear next week that we were the more talented team and the only way to explain the loss to Bama is because our coaching is so horrendous.

Dawg61
11-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Where does this come from? Is it fitting the facts to go with the narrative? I mean I fully expect to hear next week that we were the more talented team and the only way to explain the loss to Bama is because our coaching is so horrendous.

It was obvious on the field. We had a huge size advantage over aTm on both sides of the ball. The announcers mentioned it several times. The only two players with more talent on the field I saw were JFF and Mike Davis. Outside those two MSU had the more talent. Their players and coaches execute much better though. That's why they win 9+ and we fight for 6.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-11-2013, 07:28 PM
We still have this guy

http://collegebaseball360.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Cohen.jpg

It_Could_Happen
11-11-2013, 07:30 PM
We still have this guy

http://collegebaseball360.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Cohen.jpg

^^^^^^ only thing that is keeping me sane with MSU sports. And word on the street is johnny baseball hit triple digits at the scrimmage.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=Dawg61;85405 We were more talented than aTm ON DEFENSE. That's positive. That's HUGE actually.[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for you

Ronny
11-11-2013, 09:59 PM
..except the student deaths & crappy news posters have to do with the football team.

And has been painfully obvious for weeks, our football program is a bottomless pit of despair & torment.

But the positives are basketball @ baseball.

The basketball team starts the season playing a weak schedule. That means they can pile up some wins & gain confidence. I like Ray & am looking forward to where he takes this team this winter.

If you need a hearty blast of sunshine shot up your arse, look at our baseball team. One of the top teams in the nation. The coaching, talent level & level of competiveness is not going to fall off in 2014.

Coach34
11-11-2013, 10:03 PM
It was obvious on the field. We had a huge size advantage over aTm on both sides of the ball. The announcers mentioned it several times. The only two players with more talent on the field I saw were JFF and Mike Davis. Outside those two MSU had the more talent. Their players and coaches execute much better though. That's why they win 9+ and we fight for 6.

well, their stars compared to our stars are off the charts...so why all the fuss about recrootin if we are as talented as A&M? They have 5-6 kids on offense alone that will be drafted in the top 3 rounds of the draft- many in Round 1. We dont have that kind of talent

messageboardsuperhero
11-11-2013, 10:17 PM
^^^^^^ only thing that is keeping me sane with MSU sports. And word on the street is johnny baseball hit triple digits at the scrimmage.

I doubt that very seriously.

MadDawg
11-12-2013, 01:45 PM
well, their stars compared to our stars are off the charts...so why all the fuss about recrootin if we are as talented as A&M? They have 5-6 kids on offense alone that will be drafted in the top 3 rounds of the draft- many in Round 1. We dont have that kind of talent

This may be the single biggest thing that is turning the fanbase against Mullen. This idea that we have more talent than anyone we play. I hear it all the damn time. Most comments on social media talk about the incedible talent we have that we are wasting. What the hell are these people watching?

biscuit
11-12-2013, 01:48 PM

Fail

C222
11-12-2013, 02:29 PM

No it wasn't. Only guy on offense that I would take on our team over theirs is Gabe. Every other player on their offense is more talented than ours.

jimbo352
11-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Facility upgrades, a damn fine QB of the future, a damn fine baseball program w/ a damn fine skipper... Plenty of things to get hard about... I have a feeling I'll be damn proud of the effort against Bama...

cheewgumm
11-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Yep, though I don't agree we are more talented than am. Still, get the point.

Nicky Santoro
11-12-2013, 03:36 PM
We are in the top half of the SEC in both Total Offense and Total D

No we aren't.

Yes - we are ranked 6th in Total Offense (against SEC Competition). But we are 8th in Total Defense. What's worse and must change if we are going to go to a bowl - we are ranked 10th in Scoring Offense and 12th in Scoring Defense. On top of that - we haven't played Bama yet.

I'm happy that we finally put together 4 quarters against A&M- but let's not pretend like we are killing it this year.

Coach34
11-12-2013, 03:40 PM
No we aren't.

We most certainly are

http://www.cfbstats.com/2013/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html

I agree that the scoring must get more consistent though- but that is typical of teams with a young QB and WR's

Nicky Santoro
11-12-2013, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=Coach34;86191]We most certainly are

http://www.cfbstats.com/2013/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html

I'm using SEC only stats... Alcorn and Troy skew things a little bit...

http://www.cfbstats.com/2013/leader/911/team/defense/split07/category10/sort01.html

Thick
11-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Our women's bball team is 1-0, and Vic is pretty good recruiter too.

maroonmania
11-12-2013, 04:10 PM
No we aren't.

Yes - we are ranked 6th in Total Offense (against SEC Competition). But we are 8th in Total Defense. What's worse and must change if we are going to go to a bowl - we are ranked 10th in Scoring Offense and 12th in Scoring Defense. On top of that - we haven't played Bama yet.

I'm happy that we finally put together 4 quarters against A&M- but let's not pretend like we are killing it this year.

Scoring offense and scoring defense is the much more important stat because that also includes special teams play which we suck at.

Coach34
11-12-2013, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=Coach34;86191]

I'm using SEC only stats... Alcorn and Troy skew things a little bit...

http://www.cfbstats.com/2013/leader/911/team/defense/split07/category10/sort01.html

As does A&M playing Rice, Sam Houston St, SMU, and UTEP
As does Ole Miss playing SE Mizzou and Idaho
As does Vandy playing UMass, Austin Peay, and UAB

and on and on and ****ing on

Why would you do SEC-only when Bama has played Tenn and Kentucky.....but LSU played Georgia and Fla?
What about East schedules that are alot easier than West schedules?

9 games in- people are who they are at this point for the most part

Coach34
11-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Scoring offense and scoring defense is the much more important stat because that also includes special teams play which we suck at.

It's important but not the end all- defensive TD's get counted for Scoring Offense. Teams get short fields to score because of their D- but that doesnt make their offense high-powered....Total and Scoring both need to be evaluated.

Nicky Santoro
11-12-2013, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=Nicky Santoro;86222]

As does A&M playing Rice, Sam Houston St, SMU, and UTEP
As does Ole Miss playing SE Mizzou and Idaho
As does Vandy playing UMass, Austin Peay, and UAB

and on and on and ****ing on

Why would you do SEC-only when Bama has played Tenn and Kentucky.....but LSU played Georgia and Fla?
What about East schedules that are alot easier than West schedules?

9 games in- people are who they are at this point for the most part

We've played UK also. The fact is - the best way to get the most accurate comparison is by looking at in-conference only stats. I will say we have a chance to bring those up with 3 more conference games while most everyone else has only 2 left...

There may be a way to get a more apples to apples comparison here - but I'm not a math guy.

Look - you are the guy that's always talking about bringing facts. I'm trying to do the same. We are right there as far as Total Offense and Defense though (right outside top half in D - squarely in top half in O). We both agree that the Scoring O and D must improve. It must. Not sure if we can do it this weekend - but we should make up some serious ground both statistically and in the W column against UPig and the Bears.

tcdog70
11-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Well, if you went to JUCO at Scooba Tech, how much fun has this year Been. When I was at Scooba we Had Bull Sullivan and now We have Buddy Stevens. To bad Dan has pissed of most JUCO coaches. Pettaway said Scooba's Dline was better than Alabama's when He played there

Barking 13
11-12-2013, 04:42 PM
yes, we have talent on both sides of the ball, but largely unprepared and undisciplined.... can that be attibuted all to youth?