PDA

View Full Version : OT: Student's death

notsofarawaydawg
11-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Has anyone heard what happened to this State student?

Dane Knight (http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sunherald/obituary.aspx?n=dane-erick-knight&pid=167947701&fhid=21451)

bully99
11-11-2013, 05:17 PM
I don't know, but whenever you see a young persons death and no reason given, so many times it's suicide. The media to their credit don't publicize suicides. I was told years ago that State averages three or four suicides every year of students. When I was a student in the early 80's there was a student from Natchez who jumped off the top floor of Suttle dorm before Christmas break. Again I don't know but, there's lot of pressure on students.
Another sad story that two Ole Miss students were killed Saturday in a car accident.

godlluB
11-12-2013, 07:43 AM
There is an article in the Starkville Daily News this morning reporting that it was, indeed, suicide.

jimbo352
11-12-2013, 08:57 AM
I don't know, but whenever you see a young persons death and no reason given, so many times it's suicide. The media to their credit don't publicize suicides. I was told years ago that State averages three or four suicides every year of students. When I was a student in the early 80's there was a student from Natchez who jumped off the top floor of Suttle dorm before Christmas break. Again I don't know but, there's lot of pressure on students.
Another sad story that two Ole Miss students were killed Saturday in a car accident.

God bless all their families... Can't imagine losing my daughter...

CJDAWG85
11-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Very sad for both communities. Pray that God heals their pain.

BulldogBear
11-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Very sad for both communities. Pray that God heals their pain.

+1000

Behrdawg
11-12-2013, 10:16 AM
I'd like to see the data on that- 3 to 4?? I don't see it.

bully99
11-12-2013, 12:01 PM
I can't give you any data, just what somebody at the school told me years ago. May have been overstated, but like I said most suicides are kept quiet and I don't know why the Starkville paper decided to publish this one. Sad story either way.
I just read his obituary. Just a tragedy with all of his accomplishments and bright future.