PDA

View Full Version : Of course the power trip scoob comes along

preachermatt83
04-13-2021, 07:49 AM
And locks an entertaining thread. This place was so much better before someone decided to make this guy a mod. His power trips scream little man syndrome. And making tons of comments before locking it? Real manly of you there scooby. And if you think a little ban is Gina bother me, have at it. You can dish it out but can?t take it. This place has gone south because of you! Your last little comment was embarrassing to yourself. If you ever think you want to have a theological debate bring it bud. I?d be willing to bet a lifetime ban on that very debate. Have a good day sir.

K9 Avenger
04-13-2021, 08:18 AM
Agreed......

Ari Gold
04-13-2021, 08:25 AM
If a thread titled Regional Host Odds Looking... got locked , then there is a 99.9% chance it went sideways and by sideways I mean off the ****ing rails...

Cooterpoot
04-13-2021, 08:35 AM
God
Penis
Vag
Mental illness
Baseball

ScoobaDawg
04-13-2021, 08:42 AM
9pages was enough of that crap.

The posters were given a 2 week ban for personal attacks and continuing to discuss politics in hateful attacking manners.

Dude. We get it you don't like me. I tend to ignore you now.. Because you make a big enough fool of yourself as is. You show over and over the hypocrisy of your name all the time. Just go on back to your private board with your true online savior.

Turfdawg67
04-13-2021, 08:45 AM
Just because you read the Bible doesn't make you closer to Jesus. It's how you act and carry out his message. You are the epitome of why I don't attend church regularly, but believe me, I'm as close to God and Jesus as you.

DEDawg
04-13-2021, 08:47 AM
9pages was enough of that crap.

The posters were given a 2 week ban for personal attacks and continuing to discuss politics in hateful attacking manners.

Dude. We get it you don't like me. I tend to ignore you now.. Because you make a big enough fool of yourself as is. You show over and over the hypocrisy of your name all the time. Just go on back to your private board with your true online savior.

I?d rather my kids hang out with a catholic priest than that clown. No way that guy is really a preacher... he spews hate

basedog
04-13-2021, 09:10 AM
No way I'm telling why Vic left now** Too much hate, plus it doesn't really matter now.

StarkVegasSteve
04-13-2021, 09:25 AM
The real question is how are we going to know how hard Hatcher is hitting the ball without Rex??? I was really interested in his high velocity line outs and ground outs*****

Extendedcab
04-13-2021, 09:35 AM
Wow, a lot of people think they know scripture and especially Jesus. Does everyone realize that Jesus, that's right, the one who did not even bruise a reed according to scripture, OFFENDED the religious elites (the Pharisees and Sadducees) to the point they wanted to KILL him. On several occasions they picked up stones to kill him but he escaped through the crowd.

However, in the end they did kill him - at his appointed time (to our advantage of course).

Don't judge a poster just because you may be offended, take a step back and look at why you are offended and make sure your view does indeed line up with scripture.

Commercecomet24
04-13-2021, 09:52 AM
The real question is how are we going to know how hard Hatcher is hitting the ball without Rex??? I was really interested in his high velocity line outs and ground outs*****

Thank you for bringing some levity to all this crap! Rep Given and this is funny as heck!

DownwardDawg
04-13-2021, 09:54 AM
I mostly disagree with locking threads and banning posters, but that thread needed to be locked. That thread was another example of how we just can't have nice things.

I'm really considering walking away from sports completely today. Sports is no longer a break from the garbage of the world. It has embraced the garbage.

ScoobaDawg
04-13-2021, 09:55 AM

In his ban message.. I said someone else has got to take up the Hatcher love for 2 weeks... will you take on that noteable cause?

ScoobaDawg
04-13-2021, 09:57 AM
I will note. to anyone reading this, feel free to send me a pm with any suggestions anytime... I might be an admin of this board, but I'm not a dictator.
But there is one simple rule, No Politics discussion. When it's inevitable, such as yesterday, the first COUPLE of pages were somewhat civil. but We don't need 9 pages of personal attacks.

BeardoMSU
04-13-2021, 09:59 AM
https://img.ifunny.co/images/656ea919d9bd64b1cb000cc00637bcca4f4f6364a6b5c5c0bd 38d85d7f34f8fb_1.jpg

BeardoMSU
04-13-2021, 10:01 AM

To honor Rex during his two week break, I also propose we only refer to each other as morons, fools, dipshits, skanks, and skallywags. He would want it that way.**

StarkVegasSteve
04-13-2021, 10:11 AM
In his ban message.. I said someone else has got to take up the Hatcher love for 2 weeks... will you take on that noteable cause?

I'll be too busy eating crow to have time for that****

Really Clark?
04-13-2021, 10:11 AM
Wait! “Piss-Rod” Rex is out for two weeks...I’m going to miss him!!

https://youtu.be/qFNdAltDUGM

msstatelp1
04-13-2021, 10:15 AM
I will note. to anyone reading this, feel free to send me a pm with any suggestions anytime... I might be an admin of this board, but I'm not a dictator.
But there is one simple rule, No Politics discussion. When it's inevitable, such as yesterday, the first COUPLE of pages were somewhat civil. but We don't need 9 pages of personal attacks.

To your credit,, you've been a lot more tolerant than I would have.

Commercecomet24
04-13-2021, 10:22 AM
I mostly disagree with locking threads and banning posters, but that thread needed to be locked. That thread was another example of how we just can't have nice things.

I'm really considering walking away from sports completely today. Sports is no longer a break from the garbage of the world. It has embraced the garbage.

It's sad but I'm starting to reach that point myself. Sports has always been away for me to relax and escape for a few hours from the world but that's even being taken away now. Sad.

Commercecomet24
04-13-2021, 10:23 AM
To honor Rex during his two week break, I also propose we only refer to each other as morons, fools, dipshits, skanks, and skallywags. He would want it that way.**

Rep! You alright Beardo.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BeardoMSU again

Commercecomet24
04-13-2021, 10:26 AM

It's sad we can't have open, civil discussions without name calling and personal attacks. Open discussion is a way to learn and become better people, IMHO, even if you don't agree with someones beliefs or perspectives, but when it degrades to personal attacks and name calling no good can come from it.

Cooterpoot
04-13-2021, 10:27 AM
A good tranny thread every now and again keeps things interesting. Don't tuck it away or cut off people. Let it blossom into something unique.

Commercecomet24
04-13-2021, 10:28 AM
A good tranny thread every now and again keeps things interesting. Don't tuck it away or cut off people. Let it blossom into something unique.

Was there any pun intended there, Cooter? lol

BeardoMSU
04-13-2021, 10:30 AM

I took the post as self-biographical, lol.

DownwardDawg
04-13-2021, 10:36 AM
It's sad but I'm starting to reach that point myself. Sports has always been away for me to relax and escape for a few hours from the world but that's even being taken away now. Sad.

It is sad man. Really sad. It's really bothering me today.

BrunswickDawg
04-13-2021, 10:37 AM

The thing is - we can control that by policing ourselves. Focus on the games, the players, and the results. That is what we all have in common, and should be the focus of a sports board.

ScoobaDawg
04-13-2021, 10:38 AM
It's sad we can't have open, civil discussions without name calling and personal attacks. Open discussion is a way to learn and become better people, IMHO, even if you don't agree with someones beliefs or perspectives, but when it degrades to personal attacks and name calling no good can come from it.

Sadly, i think i finally agree with people who have said for a while.. you aren't likely to change anyone's opinions online. People are too stuck in their ways... only listen to the sources they want to belief in to fit their agenda.. and not willing to listen to change anymore... and that's true for all sides. Things are likely worse because of covid and how political it left people, and how much people lost any interaction with people other than social media.

Commercecomet24
04-13-2021, 10:42 AM
Sadly, i think i finally agree with people who have said for a while.. you aren't likely to change anyone's opinions online. People are too stuck in their ways... only listen to the sources they want to belief in to fit their agenda.. and not willing to listen to change anymore... and that's true for all sides. Things are likely worse because of covid and how political it left people, and how much people lost any interaction with people other than social media.

I believe you're right. I'm a big people person and love talking to people and hearing about different beliefs, cultures, etc..but I do believe between covid and social media its definitely messed things up.

Commercecomet24
04-13-2021, 10:46 AM
The thing is - we can control that by policing ourselves. Focus on the games, the players, and the results. That is what we all have in common, and should be the focus of a sports board.

I agree with this and it's what i've been having to do, but i'm referring more to watching the actual games and all the politcal mumbo jumbo that comes with watching them as opposed to what's happening on the board. I enjoy this board and the discussions.

Cooterpoot
04-13-2021, 11:28 AM

Snatched that thread lickity split. Scooba hiding behind the curtains. Something fishy about it.

ScoobaDawg
04-13-2021, 11:32 AM
Snatched that thread lickity split. Scooba hiding behind the curtains. Something fishy about it.

Excuse me?

preachermatt83
04-13-2021, 11:33 AM
Coot is on a roll!! I’m sorry but some of that stuff is hfunny right there!!

Commercecomet24
04-13-2021, 11:39 AM

LOL, you're on a roll man!

parabrave
04-13-2021, 11:57 AM
And locks an entertaining thread. This place was so much better before someone decided to make this guy a mod. His power trips scream little man syndrome. And making tons of comments before locking it? Real manly of you there scooby. And if you think a little ban is Gina bother me, have at it. You can dish it out but can?t take it. This place has gone south because of you! Your last little comment was embarrassing to yourself. If you ever think you want to have a theological debate bring it bud. I?d be willing to bet a lifetime ban on that very debate. Have a good day sir.

This is a sports board where we quibble on whether Hatcher needs to sit or not. This isn't a theological forum or a political forum. If you want to spout your political and other beliefs then take it to the POLITICAL forum!!!! Too add There used to be this Bar in Gulfport next to a church and behind a Waffle House, Most coastians know which one. The owner, SM, used to have a saying if to talk religion go over to the church, If you want to talk politics go over to the Waffle House. Both were bad for business.

parabrave
04-13-2021, 12:03 PM

Rep. I was an idiot according to 34s little brother for saying that Rowdey needed to be moved to 2nd.

StarkVegasSteve
04-13-2021, 12:03 PM
This is a sports board where we quibble on whether Hatcher needs to sit or not. This isn't a theological forum or a political forum. If you want to spout your political and other beliefs then take it to the POLITICAL forum!!!!

EXACTLY. We have much more important topics to discuss such as stadium cups, do picky people really pick Polks, and the aforementioned Josh Hatcher threads. Which btw, Hatcher is approaching Luke Alexander levels of message board topics.

MaroonFlounder
04-13-2021, 12:07 PM

Not a suggestion, just an observation that we all should be able to agree on. Never before has POLITICS been interjected into the sports world than it has the last few years.

Barkley was right. Politicians want to divide us. Sports used to be an escape from the cesspool of politics. Now it is forced upon the sports-viewing public. It sucks.

Maroonthirteen
04-13-2021, 12:09 PM
Nearly every national sports show and article mix sports and politics now. Players voicing their political beliefs with social media. It is unavoidable in this day and time.

I wouldn't be surprised if some players voice opinions on the latest Minnesota police shooting. Hopefully they keep it private if so. But I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of reaction soon.

MaroonFlounder
04-13-2021, 12:21 PM
Nearly every national sports show and article mix sports and politics now. Players voicing their political beliefs with social media. It is unavoidable in this day and time.

I wouldn't be surprised if some players voice opinions on the latest Minnesota police shooting. Hopefully they keep it private if so. But I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of reaction soon.

Pray for Minneapolis.

The Floyd/Chauvin trial is going on just a few blocks from the incident yesterday. There is destruction coming for that poor city if the verdict goes a certain way.

And the police force there has taken a severe hit due to defunding.

Really Clark?
04-13-2021, 12:26 PM
Not a suggestion, just an observation that we all should be able to agree on. Never before has POLITICS been interjected into the sports world than it has the last few years.

Barkley was right. Politicians want to divide us. Sports used to be an escape from the cesspool of politics. Now it is forced upon the sports-viewing public. It sucks.

Kind of disagree in the sense that a lot of them want power and to keep power. The division of the people’s and to foster that division is a means for that power.

ScoobaDawg
04-13-2021, 12:38 PM
EXACTLY. We have much more important topics to discuss such as stadium cups, do picky people really pick Polks, and the aforementioned Josh Hatcher threads. Which btw, Hatcher is approaching Luke Alexander levels of message board topics.

In a normal year this place would be breaking down and hungry for any news we could get on the spring practice. Or even discussing tonight's game or plotting up expected mstchups for this weekend. Discussing other mstchups for the weekend and what we need to root for to win the west or overall.

PGHBulldogBG
04-13-2021, 12:52 PM
I see both sides. I don?t think threads should be locked or people be banned unless they are making some sort of threat that is harmful to others on the board or something completely off the rail, but I do understand this is a sports board and we want threads to remain on topic. If people are getting their feelings hurt though over difference of opinion it?s time to grow up. On another note, I hope they move the regionals and super regionals to a blue state like PA. You all are spoiled and can see state play anytime you want. It would be nice to get to see a state sporting event live without having to drive 13 hours to Starkville from Pittsburgh

Commercecomet24
04-13-2021, 01:08 PM
Y'all should go follow Walt Harris. The guy has a lot of great views on sports and just life in general. He's really sharp and hits the nail on the head on a lot of issues.

Cooterpoot
04-13-2021, 01:09 PM
Excuse me?

Just dicking around. I'll clam up now.

ScoobaDawg
04-13-2021, 01:13 PM

No worries man, no offense taken even if you were making fun of me I think... Just keep watching out for the tornadoes and your health and stay around...

Commercecomet24
04-13-2021, 01:19 PM

You're in rare form today!

preachermatt83
04-13-2021, 01:47 PM
In a normal year this place would be breaking down and hungry for any news we could get on the spring practice. Or even discussing tonight's game or plotting up expected mstchups for this weekend. Discussing other mstchups for the weekend and what we need to root for to win the west or overall.

Maybe that’s why the political section should have never been removed. You could have moved that thread over there and end of discussion. We didn’t have as many political issues on the main page until that one was shut down. Just an observation

ScoobaDawg
04-13-2021, 01:49 PM
Maybe that’s why the political section should have never been removed. You could have moved that thread over there and end of discussion. We didn’t have as many political issues on the main page until that one was shut down. Just an observation

Was not my decision. But that never worked truly either. So many users don't click off the main board even if they had access to the other boards.
And I disagree. This thread would have started on the main board anyways. In the past I.. Would have had to separate out the political parts to a new thread in politics... Because the original message.. Which pertains to msu is news and needed to stay...

People only went to other forums for one thing usually
someone posted someone with clothes missing on a certain forum.

Johnson85
04-13-2021, 02:31 PM
This is a sports board where we quibble on whether Hatcher needs to sit or not. This isn't a theological forum or a political forum. If you want to spout your political and other beliefs then take it to the POLITICAL forum!!!! Too add There used to be this Bar in Gulfport next to a church and behind a Waffle House, Most coastians know which one. The owner, SM, used to have a saying if to talk religion go over to the church, If you want to talk politics go over to the Waffle House. Both were bad for business.

Well that narrows it down to about 8 possible locations in Gulfport.

Johnson85
04-13-2021, 02:35 PM
Was not my decision. But that never worked truly either. So many users don't click off the main board even if they had access to the other boards.
And I disagree. This thread would have started on the main board anyways. In the past I.. Would have had to separate out the political parts to a new thread in politics... Because the original message.. Which pertains to msu is news and needed to stay...

People only went to other forums for one thing usually
someone posted someone with clothes missing on a certain forum.

Correct that it would have started on the main board. But there were people who would at least click over to the political board to follow up on their posts, and maybe the conversation continued there rather than popping right back up on the main page. But even when it was accessible, basically zero people that would occasionally come over to the political board when a thread was moved every signed up or posted on sippolitics.

Bubb Rubb
04-13-2021, 02:39 PM
Wow, a lot of people think they know scripture and especially Jesus. Does everyone realize that Jesus, that's right, the one who did not even bruise a reed according to scripture, OFFENDED the religious elites (the Pharisees and Sadducees) to the point they wanted to KILL him. On several occasions they picked up stones to kill him but he escaped through the crowd.

However, in the end they did kill him - at his appointed time (to our advantage of course).

Don't judge a poster just because you may be offended, take a step back and look at why you are offended and make sure your view does indeed line up with scripture.

I rarely post here anymore but I logged in to say this: Are you serious with this shit? Are you really comparing the worst poster on this site to Jesus?

Lord McBuckethead
04-13-2021, 02:39 PM

Sports has always been at the forefront of social issues. From the mob being in baseball during prohibition, to Jesse Owens basically giving Hitler the finger in Berlin, Jackie Robinson 42 and the dodgers, to Muhammad Ali and Vietnam, Jim Brown, to the diver that had AIDS in the 80s, to Title IX, to the Ping Pong diplomacy, to the NFL kneeling to protest police brutality, to our players marching against the flag this past summer. Sports people have a platform to effect social change. Leagues set the tone for how competition will take place and where it will take place.

I have zero issues with sports building up the NY teams after 9/11. Although I had initial issues with Kaep kneeling, once I saw what they were kneeling for I support them. We celebrate Robinson, Ali, Jim Brown, and Owens now, but I swear some of you would have been on the wrong side of that situation.

I am 100% in support of the NCAA doing what they need to do for our country to move to a 100% equal society beyond racism and prejudice, as we all should be.

Homedawg
04-13-2021, 02:48 PM
Sports has always been at the forefront of social issues. From the mob being in baseball during prohibition, to Jesse Owens basically giving Hitler the finger in Berlin, Jackie Robinson 42 and the dodgers, to Muhammad Ali and Vietnam, Jim Brown, to the diver that had AIDS in the 80s, to Title IX, to the Ping Pong diplomacy, to the NFL kneeling to protest police brutality, to our players marching against the flag this past summer. Sports people have a platform to effect social change. Leagues set the tone for how competition will take place and where it will take place.

I have zero issues with sports building up the NY teams after 9/11. Although I had initial issues with Kaep kneeling, once I saw what they were kneeling for I support them. We celebrate Robinson, Ali, Jim Brown, and Owens now, but I swear some of you would have been on the wrong side of that situation.

I am 100% in support of the NCAA doing what they need to do for our country to move to a 100% equal society beyond racism and prejudice, as we all should be.

Just asking for myself, so you're in favor of transgenders participating in women's sports? Seems to me that's being prejudiced against women as athletes and throws the hard work of more than half of a century in the garbage.

thf24
04-13-2021, 02:49 PM

Something a lot of people need to think hard about.

MaroonFlounder
04-13-2021, 02:58 PM

I'm all for it as well, but is that even possible at this point?

So much of what we are taught is a form of prejudice, when it is not. Agenda and driving a narrative is at an all-time high.

MaroonFlounder
04-13-2021, 03:01 PM
Just asking for myself, so you're in favor of transgenders participating in women's sports? Seems to me that's being prejudiced against women as athletes and throws the hard work of more than half of a century in the garbage.

I don't have a daughter, but if I did, and she lost a scholarship to a "female" that was born with the muscle structure (and other things) of a male, then I would be pissed and ready to make amends.

Extendedcab
04-13-2021, 03:09 PM
I rarely post here anymore but I logged in to say this: Are you serious with this shit? Are you really comparing the worst poster on this site to Jesus?

Not at all. What I am saying is just because someone offends you, by what they say, does not mean they are wrong (I used an illustration of Jesus and people that were convinced in their hearts that they were righteous - but they were not) to prove the point. The offending person could be right on target and your position with Christ and your understanding of scripture needs to be adjusted to get in alignment with the totality of scripture (some people like to quote one verse and think it is a universal law when in reality is is meant for a particular situation and not to be universally applied).

Commercecomet24
04-13-2021, 03:32 PM
It's hard for me to fathom biological men competing against biological women as equality.

Jack Lambert
04-13-2021, 03:34 PM

Ware protection.

parabrave
04-13-2021, 03:40 PM
Well that narrows it down to about 8 possible locations in Gulfport.

TO's

Really Clark?
04-13-2021, 03:55 PM
It's hard for me to fathom biological men competing against biological women as equality.

Unfortunately and hopefully this never happens, but the minute a ball is hit into at pitchers head at 90 mph, a lot of people might change their mind about how equal they really are. The average D1 exit velocity is low 70?s with around 82 the max you will see from women. Pitchers are finishing 36? away from the batter. That equates to a 120-122 mph exit velocity off a bat in baseball. It would do untold damage to a player. Softballs are larger and heavier as well, so the impact force will be great.

Commercecomet24
04-13-2021, 04:03 PM
Unfortunately and hopefully this never happens, but the minute a ball is hit into at pitchers head at 90 mph, a lot of people might change their mind about how equal they really are. The average D1 exit velocity is low 70?s with around 82 the max you will see from women. Pitchers are finishing 36? away from the batter. That equates to a 120-122 mph exit velocity off a bat in baseball. It would do untold damage to a player. Softballs are larger and heavier as well, so the impact force will be great.

Yes this is a disaster waiting to happen on so many levels. After I was done playing baseball I played some pretty serious softball(albeit slow pitch and not fast pitch). I played ss and some of the balls that were hit my way were absolutely smoked, way more velo than I had seen in baseball(due to how much closer you are to the hitter). It's why all those guys that pitch in softball wear all that gear lol.

Homedawg
04-13-2021, 04:24 PM

It's not.

Really Clark?
04-13-2021, 04:45 PM
Yes this is a disaster waiting to happen on so many levels. After I was done playing baseball I played some pretty serious softball(albeit slow pitch and not fast pitch). I played ss and some of the balls that were hit my way were absolutely smoked, way more velo than I had seen in baseball(due to how much closer you are to the hitter). It's why all those guys that pitch in softball wear all that gear lol.

Ha, yeah they do. And there’s nothing soft about a softball. Slow or fastpitch. We all had to adjust off the baseball field to slow pitch. 3rd and SS get shots screamed at them all the time. I wouldn’t want my daughter standing there with a 90 mph screamer heading for her, even with a face mask on. Which she states she will wear in college when pitching anyway.

preachermatt83
04-13-2021, 04:50 PM
I have a daughter that plays fast pitch and will very likely play major college ball. If there are “men” playing women’s sports she will have no choice but to give up the sport she loves. How is that equality?

Johnson85
04-13-2021, 05:14 PM

And this is why we have so many people that have trained themselves to be idiots. They are worried about being "on the wrong side of history" and not confident enough in their intelligence (which in fairness, they shouldn't be confident in their intelligence) to believe they can identify what will and will not be viewed as horrific by future generations. So they are worried that believing women and men are different enough in athletic ability to justify having separate leagues will somehow in the future be viewed as equivalent to thinking races should be segregated. In reality, it's just as likely that the people are advocating against women only sports will be the ones seen as backwards and on the wrong side of history and people giving puberty blockers and/or hormones and/or sex changes to minors will be viewed worse than people that pushed lobotomies or institutionalizing people with down syndrome.

Sienfield
04-13-2021, 05:42 PM
Should the thread end on it's on volution? Asking for a friend.

ScoobaDawg
04-13-2021, 06:07 PM

I'm watching. no personal attacks yet... but that's likely because the trouble makers aren't around for a bit.

preachermatt83
04-13-2021, 06:20 PM

Outstanding!!

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-13-2021, 06:44 PM
ooh cool i get to join in before it gets lost in the weeds with threats of exterminating democrats lol

Regarding the trans issue I've yet to see one post here (or anywhere for that matter) that thinks a bio male that went through puberty as a male should compete with bio females. That's not the issue. I agree that "the right side of history" is not on the NCAA's side from an objective viewing of the science

Regarding the "wrong side of history" comment, yes most of us are on the wrong side of history about a ton of stuff. We are all the same. You and I, if we were born more than 60 years ago, would have been racist. How do I know that? Because almost all southern whites back then were, and we're the same as them. Same with the Nazis, same with sexists, etc etc.

Think, how did you feel about the legalization of gay marriage? The left is 100% on the right side of that one, were you? Think of eating meat. In 50 years the idea of killing an animal for its flesh will be considered as selfish and barbaric as we view torturing a dog. Yes most of us (myself included) eat meat when we could be vegetarians and end animal suffering. It's not like we don't know animals feel pain, we just like the taste and texture. It's extremely selfish if you think about it. Yet we're "on the wrong side" of that because -like the wrong people in the past- we're a product of our culture.

At any point in time, society has some wrong views. If you find yourself ALWAYS defending the traditional societal views, you need to stop and rethink whether you've evaluated all those issues, or if you're just defending the status quo because it's the status quo.

And I have no issue with how Scoob handled that thread. The personal attacks, insults, and frankly god awful logic displayed meant that nobody was getting anything out of it. Just circling the wagons with like minded people and being defensive

Cooterpoot
04-14-2021, 08:11 AM
Seems this thread has petered out.

SilentSteel16
04-14-2021, 08:45 AM
BB is always watching.....

Johnson85
04-14-2021, 09:55 AM
ooh cool i get to join in before it gets lost in the weeds with threats of exterminating democrats lol

Regarding the trans issue I've yet to see one post here (or anywhere for that matter) that thinks a bio male that went through puberty as a male should compete with bio females. That's not the issue. I agree that "the right side of history" is not on the NCAA's side from an objective viewing of the science

Regarding the "wrong side of history" comment, yes most of us are on the wrong side of history about a ton of stuff. We are all the same. You and I, if we were born more than 60 years ago, would have been racist. How do I know that? Because almost all southern whites back then were, and we're the same as them. Same with the Nazis, same with sexists, etc etc.

Think, how did you feel about the legalization of gay marriage? The left is 100% on the right side of that one, were you? Think of eating meat. In 50 years the idea of killing an animal for its flesh will be considered as selfish and barbaric as we view torturing a dog. Yes most of us (myself included) eat meat when we could be vegetarians and end animal suffering. It's not like we don't know animals feel pain, we just like the taste and texture. It's extremely selfish if you think about it. Yet we're "on the wrong side" of that because -like the wrong people in the past- we're a product of our culture.

At any point in time, society has some wrong views. If you find yourself ALWAYS defending the traditional societal views, you need to stop and rethink whether you've evaluated all those issues, or if you're just defending the status quo because it's the status quo.

And I have no issue with how Scoob handled that thread. The personal attacks, insults, and frankly god awful logic displayed meant that nobody was getting anything out of it. Just circling the wagons with like minded people and being defensive

That's all good and well, but in the US, for now, we don't have a huge issue with people just defending the status quo because we've picked a lot of the low hanging fruit. There are still certainly issues we'll look back at and wonder how we allowed that to happen, but they're not the ones generally getting play (with the exception of abortion). Eating meat is a good guess on one but it's not really the cause of a lot of conflict. I think (hope) allowing our prisons to be basically anal rape centers is going to be a black mark but nobody really cares about that. ON the other hand, we have a problem sheep following reactionaries without thought just because they either don't have the intelligence to even question it, or they don't trust their intelligence (again, wisely) to think about it for themselves. So you get people arguing that men should be allowed to compete in women's sports. You get people advocating for permanent chemical and physical mutilation of minors despite the fact that there's not a lot of evidence it makes things better and plenty of evidence that many will regret it. You get people arguing for segregation and treating people based on their race rather than the content of their character. You get people arguing against providing due process and instead punishing based on being a part of a group, whether by choice or by fate. The negative consequences of those ideas are currently concentrated on a minority of unfortunate victims, but those are the type of things that have the potential to cause serious decline and regression in society, not defending the status quo.

Commercecomet24
04-14-2021, 10:24 AM
That's all good and well, but in the US, for now, we don't have a huge issue with people just defending the status quo because we've picked a lot of the low hanging fruit. There are still certainly issues we'll look back at and wonder how we allowed that to happen, but they're not the ones generally getting play (with the exception of abortion). Eating meat is a good guess on one but it's not really the cause of a lot of conflict. I think (hope) allowing our prisons to be basically anal rape centers is going to be a black mark but nobody really cares about that. ON the other hand, we have a problem sheep following reactionaries without thought just because they either don't have the intelligence to even question it, or they don't trust their intelligence (again, wisely) to think about it for themselves. So you get people arguing that men should be allowed to compete in women's sports. You get people advocating for permanent chemical and physical mutilation of minors despite the fact that there's not a lot of evidence it makes things better and plenty of evidence that many will regret it. You get people arguing for segregation and treating people based on their race rather than the content of their character. You get people arguing against providing due process and instead punishing based on being a part of a group, whether by choice or by fate. The negative consequences of those ideas are currently concentrated on a minority of unfortunate victims, but those are the type of things that have the potential to cause serious decline and regression in society, not defending the status quo.

Very well said.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Johnson85 again.

TrapGame
04-14-2021, 11:45 AM
Seems this thread has petered out.

ISWYDT.

Bravo.

R2Dawg
04-14-2021, 12:24 PM

I agree with you on this. Sports used to be the one escape and actually a uniting thing but not anymore.

I don't mind discussing any subject but this I'm going to cancel you if I don't like what you say stuff has to end. Everyone should have their voice without threat of being canceled and erased from the world even when I disagree with it.

R2Dawg
04-14-2021, 12:31 PM

One issue with your position here. Absolute truth has no expiration date. Moral laws are real and you have no moral law without a moral law giver. Gay marriage has a moral side and a legal side. Gay marriage is wrong and it doesn't benefit the people or society as a whole and brings judgment. You cheapen the real thing when you offer a counterfeit which is what that is. If you can't see this truth, answer one question. If it is so right then if everyone did it, where would society be? Easy answer - extinct.

Society has the wrong views because they look to the wrong sources for the answers. Just because something gets accepted doesn't make it right.

Maybe I'm misreading your post, if so I apologize for that but the facts remain for anyone else.

Commercecomet24
04-14-2021, 12:55 PM
I agree with you on this. Sports used to be the one escape and actually a uniting thing but not anymore.

I don't mind discussing any subject but this I'm going to cancel you if I don't like what you say stuff has to end. Everyone should have their voice without threat of being canceled and erased from the world even when I disagree with it.

Agree 100%!

Extendedcab
04-14-2021, 01:31 PM
One issue with your position here. Absolute truth has no expiration date. Moral laws are real and you have no moral law without a moral law giver. Gay marriage has a moral side and a legal side. Gay marriage is wrong and it doesn't benefit the people or society as a whole and brings judgment. You cheapen the real thing when you offer a counterfeit which is what that is. If you can't see this truth, answer one question. If it is so right then if everyone did it, where would society be? Easy answer - extinct.

Society has the wrong views because they look to the wrong sources for the answers. Just because something gets accepted doesn't make it right.

Maybe I'm misreading your post, if so I apologize for that but the facts remain for anyone else.

Very nice! I tried to give rep. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to R2Dawg again.

Johnson85
04-14-2021, 01:32 PM

The government recognizing same sex legal marriage didn't cheapen marriage. We had already accomplished that, with the support of a lot (a majority?) of Christians by allowing no fault divorces. The only place that sort of provides legal force to the spiritual concept of marriage is Mississippi, which has a divorce by consent but not at will divorce, or at least not at will divorce without the sham of establishing domicile in another state first.

Extendedcab
04-14-2021, 01:49 PM
The government recognizing same sex legal marriage didn't cheapen marriage. We had already accomplished that, with the support of a lot (a majority?) of Christians by allowing no fault divorces. The only place that sort of provides legal force to the spiritual concept of marriage is Mississippi, which has a divorce by consent but not at will divorce, or at least not at will divorce without the sham of establishing domicile in another state first.

You are proving the point that any deviation away from the "moral law giver" causes humans problems. Marriage was intended, from the beginning by God, to be for life, but Moses allowed divorce due to the hardness of human hearts! Divorce for reasons other than infidelity is a sin. Also a gay life style is called an abomination in scripture - it is a sin but the worst kind of sin in God's eyes (read the book of Romans if you want to know more). A gay lifestyle used to be pushed out to the fringes of society but now they want to make it a center piece of society - something to be celebrated - but scripture also says it is a shame to even discuss the things they do must less promote it.

FISHDAWG
04-14-2021, 02:02 PM
if I call someone a name will that lock this thing up? .... asking for a friend

StarkVegasSteve
04-14-2021, 02:11 PM

I'm the friend he's asking for.

Johnson85
04-14-2021, 02:19 PM
You are proving the point that any deviation away from the "moral law giver" causes humans problems. Marriage was intended, from the beginning by God, to be for life, but Moses allowed divorce due to the hardness of human hearts! Divorce for reasons other than infidelity is a sin. Also a gay life style is called an abomination in scripture - it is a sin but the worst kind of sin in God's eyes (read the book of Romans if you want to know more). A gay lifestyle used to be pushed out to the fringes of society but now they want to make it a center piece of society - something to be celebrated - but scripture also says it is a shame to even discuss the things they do must less promote it.

I was trying to make the point that mixing up spiritual matters with the government doesn't purify the government, it corrupts the spiritual matters. There's going to be enough corruption in churches and spiritual communities without the involvement of government. It seems like a better approach might be to hold other christians accountable, and let the law be based primarily on utilitarian grounds, and try not to intermingle spiritual concepts with the government, as long as the government will enforce contracts.

BeardoMSU
04-14-2021, 02:26 PM

Please call me a libtard***

Extendedcab
04-14-2021, 04:32 PM
I was trying to make the point that mixing up spiritual matters with the government doesn't purify the government, it corrupts the spiritual matters. There's going to be enough corruption in churches and spiritual communities without the involvement of government. It seems like a better approach might be to hold other christians accountable, and let the law be based primarily on utilitarian grounds, and try not to intermingle spiritual concepts with the government, as long as the government will enforce contracts.

Hmm, If you want a government devoid of Christian principles, then Russia or China or North Korea come to mind. Somehow I don't think you would like those environment. Liberty under law was always rooted in biblical principles and is the basis for the US Constitution. Without the "moral law giver" (God) there is no liberty.

R2Dawg
04-14-2021, 07:43 PM

I didn't say that was the only thing but gay marriage is another level of lower standards. I agree easy divorce also has cheapened marriage but even more importantly it may be the single biggest reason for culture and society breakdown. 50% of children come from single parent homes, part of the reason you see much of the lawlessness and disrespect today.

R2Dawg
04-14-2021, 07:51 PM

If you want equality then NCAA should support men playing men sports and women playing women sports. Men and women are not the same. Equal in humanity but that is it. If they are equal then why don't we put the best women playing on NFL teams? They are not the same. There is nothing racist about this either. I've found those that scream racism are usually the biggest racist in the room.

R2Dawg
04-14-2021, 08:01 PM

Tricky proposition. Here is the issue. Man is corrupt. People want to give the gov all this power but power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Our true freedoms come from a Higher Power as our founding documents say we are endowed by our Creator unalienable rights - life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. These do no come from government or man but from God. God has ordained gov as the institution to rule but His laws are to be the guiding moral law to rule by. Read the OT and you'll see many of our just original laws come from God.

As we abandon these moral laws you get lawlessness which is what you see all over our culture today. Law of the harvest - reap what you sow, reap more than you sow, reap later than you sow. It started 60-100 years ago in US and now we are reaping the results.

R2Dawg
04-14-2021, 08:04 PM
Hmm, If you want a government devoid of Christian principles, then Russia or China or North Korea come to mind. Somehow I don't think you would like those environment. Liberty under law was always rooted in biblical principles and is the basis for the US Constitution. Without the "moral law giver" (God) there is no liberty.

Nailed it.

If we are so bad then why are so many wanting to come here? No one is trying to break into China or Russia or North Korea; wonder why? I've been to Russia crossing the border many times. They have AK47 every 100 yards and triple row fence security to keep people in not people out. We are so ignorant in the US, I didn't really understand freedom until my first visit to Russia.

Cooterpoot
04-14-2021, 09:17 PM
Russia and China don't allow trannies.

99jc
04-14-2021, 09:33 PM
Russia and China don't allow trannies.

so there is something good about those turds!

Cooterpoot
04-14-2021, 09:34 PM

Even the Lord parted the Red Sea.