PDA

View Full Version : So the Dude is not full compacity and Swayze is?

Jack Lambert
04-11-2021, 08:32 PM
Not sure and if so why?

Homedawg
04-11-2021, 09:48 PM
Not sure and if so why?

We clearly aren't. And I don't know about them but their outfield isn't as full as normal. So in that regard I'd say we are the same. Except, we are turning in bogus attendance figures. For whatever reason. Ours have been low for almost every game, IMO.

confucius say
04-11-2021, 09:50 PM
There are some rumors that it will be fully open this weekend. I'll believe it when I see it though.

Homedawg
04-11-2021, 09:52 PM
There are some rumors that it will be fully open this weekend. I'll believe it when I see it though.
It was pretty open uk series. Way better than before

Hambone
04-11-2021, 10:07 PM
They had 33K in two days. It was pretty damn full

BrunswickDawg
04-12-2021, 06:36 AM

3 days - 33k in 2 games would have shattered our game records and it would be plastered all over everything - including the front page of the CL

somebodyshotmypaw
04-12-2021, 06:40 AM
3 days - 33k in 2 games would have shattered our game records and it would be plastered all over everything - including the front page of the CL

He didn’t say 33k in 2 games. He said 33k in 2 days. They played Saturday and Sunday. They played 3 games in 2 days. They didn’t play 3 days.

BrunswickDawg
04-12-2021, 06:44 AM
He didn’t say 33k in 2 games. He said 33k in 2 days. They played Saturday and Sunday. They played 3 games in 2 days. They didn’t play 3 days.

Didn't realize they played a double on Saturday. It's still 3 games numbers - and each would be outside our top 15 games in attendance.

Cooterpoot
04-12-2021, 07:18 AM
Screw attendance numbers. It's been our crutch for years.

Rex54
04-12-2021, 07:39 AM
Either way... we didn't build enough chairbacks.

Maroonthirteen
04-12-2021, 09:06 AM
There just isn't as many State fans in close driving distance to Starkville as OM fans to Oxford. Tupelo... same distance for both. Memphis/Desoto County is a easy easy drive to Oxford. Starkville just doesn't have a large population center like desoto county to draw fans.

Rayburn8
04-12-2021, 10:46 AM
There just isn't as many State fans in close driving distance to Starkville as OM fans to Oxford. Tupelo... same distance for both. Memphis/Desoto County is a easy easy drive to Oxford. Starkville just doesn't have a large population center like desoto county to draw fans.

Then explain why MSU owns all the attendance records?

Our stadium also holds 4 thousand more people than theirs.

We could have their crowds numbers wise and not look as full.

Rex54
04-12-2021, 10:51 AM

I thought there wasn't as much potential capacity in the outfield with the reno, less ability to cram like sardines than before.

BrunswickDawg
04-12-2021, 11:04 AM
I thought there wasn't as much potential capacity in the outfield with the reno, less ability to cram like sardines than before.

No one knows because I don't think we have fully tested the capacity yet. Seats wise we are about the same. LFL may be reduced within the boxes, but there is a ton of SRO space.
The largest crowd I can find in the New Dude is the Saturday Stanford Super game - at 13,132. The Sunday game in that series was about 2000 less - but neither crowd seemed that crazy large.

StarkVegasSteve
04-12-2021, 12:48 PM
Either way... we didn't build enough chairbacks.

I see this argument a lot, but we built the chairbacks with the amount of season tickets that were reserved for the new stadium. And we left ourselves room to build more if demand ever got to that point.

TheLostDawg
04-12-2021, 01:08 PM
I see this argument a lot, but we built the chairbacks with the amount of season tickets that were reserved for the new stadium. And we left ourselves room to build more if demand ever got to that point.

Demand is there.

Homedawg
04-12-2021, 01:20 PM

Actually, we built it and hadn't sold ALL of the seats prior to construction. hundreds, in fact. Now it ended up that all were sold before we ever played a game in it. I'm not sure how many are on the waiting list, but its going to take more than just a few hundred for an expansion. I can't see that coming any time in the near future.

So I'm agreeing with you....

Rex54
04-12-2021, 02:03 PM
Demand is there.

Indeed especially for the big weekends. Building a stadium for "current demand for season ticket holders" is mind-numbingly short sighted. We should have a venue that can support at least 18,000 fans between chairbacks, lounges, and SRO.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-12-2021, 02:21 PM
It looks like more tickets will go on sale Wednesday at 1:00 pm

StarkVegasSteve
04-12-2021, 02:27 PM
We'll have somewhere between 10-12K there this weekend and we'll probably announce 8K. Which honestly doesn't matter to me. I could care less if they announced 1 or 100,000. The crowd will make a difference, whether they're reported or not. Some of our fans get WAY too hung up on attendance records that don't mean a damn thing. It's a novel thing that's cool, but I think we make way too big of a deal out of it. We've got the nicest stadium in college baseball, we don't have to try and pack 15,000 people in where no one can breathe just for atmosphere.

Maroonthirteen
04-12-2021, 02:32 PM

You say Dude holds 4K more. But States average attendance is less than 100 more. Also State has a much richer tradition.

I referring to the Q why and comparing States last home series to theirs. But all that is beside the point.

State could have those numbers this weekend. We shall see if the liberal leaders allow it.

basedog
04-12-2021, 03:08 PM
Maybe it's just me but I could care less about who has the best attendance record. It's about winning, when they are winning they will come, same as when we win.

TheLostDawg
04-12-2021, 05:12 PM
Big difference from attendence and tickets sold. I'm sure we beat them in tickets sold. However until we expand we will only ever beat them on big weekend. As someone mentioned above, TSUN has a large fan base that is close to Oxford (Memphis). Also when businesses own a lot of ticket (which I'm grateful for because this sells tickets) there will always be less attendance on your average weekend because it's not coming out of their budget (feeling the need to go because you paid for it).
This is why I wish they'd have made more spots for general admission if they really only made enough seats for who originally bought tickets. I was at the Stanford game and it was packed. I'm not really sure where else people could go and be able to watch the game.
Hopefully we expand again and add more seats. If they don't sell it as season tickets (which I'm sure they will) all they have to do is like they are doing now each week with general admission and they'd sell. Just another way to make more money and have more people at regionals when they limit capacity to seats.

Bothrops
04-12-2021, 09:25 PM
They require less to fill their place than we do.

ScoobaDawg
04-13-2021, 11:09 AM
Maybe it's just me but I could care less about who has the best attendance record. It's about winning, when they are winning they will come, same as when we win.

We have done pretty good at both over the past decade... It's a great problem to complain about.
in the past 9 full seasons (no 2020) we have played for a NC, finished third and 5th at Omaha (so 3 trips), 6 Super regional appearances, and 2 different teams with over 50 wins.

Winning brings the people.... and we will always be proud of our numbers.. and are no longer using them as a crutch.

basedog
04-13-2021, 12:43 PM
We have done pretty good at both over the past decade... It's a great problem to complain about.
in the past 9 full seasons (no 2020) we have played for a NC, finished third and 5th at Omaha (so 3 trips), 6 Super regional appearances, and 2 different teams with over 50 wins.

Winning brings the people.... and we will always be proud of our numbers.. and are no longer using them as a crutch.

We are a baseball school, period! I remeber way back in the very early 70's, we played the use to be called Rebels, had a little over 9K (estimated), wooden bleachers that may have capacity for (less) than 1,000, Trucks and cars piled up in the newly invented left field lounge. Small pine trees in centerfield and rightfield area with thousands of maroon and white fans everywhere. Btw, enrollment was a little over 9K.
Oh the Hump wasn't built yet, but that area was a huge Parking lot for moon light loving, LOL!

ScoobaDawg
04-13-2021, 12:49 PM
We are a baseball school, period! I remeber way back in the very early 70's, we played the use to be called Rebels, had a little over 9K (estimated), wooden bleachers that may have capacity for (less) than 1,000, Trucks and cars piled up in the newly invented left field lounge. Small pine trees in centerfield and rightfield area with thousands of maroon and white fans everywhere. Btw, enrollment was a little over 9K.
Oh the Hump wasn't built yet, but that area was a huge Parking lot for moon light loving, LOL!

When I went to the Texas games to start the year, had the opportunity to sit next to an older man who was a huge bulldog fan, and part of the original lfl. He said he was actually in school at Southern.. But his friends got him to bring his truck home one day and they loaded up half the apartment and took it out there. Showed me pictures.. Told me his life story. Meet his wife and daughter (a doctor up in tupelo I believe). They now have tickets his dad got for making a large donation years ago.. Somewhere behind home plate. Someday I will get back to campus and hope to see him again. Hate I forgot his name.

ScoobaDawg
04-13-2021, 12:51 PM
I hope the school let's at least 10k in this weekend... Not because they did.. But because it's going to be a huge series and we need a loud rowdy crowd.

ScoobaDawg
04-13-2021, 12:55 PM
Well I don't know if this is the same message as all year but. General admission tickets go on sale tomorrow at 1pm

Ole Miss series weekend games will have a max of 4 per game per account.

StarkVegasSteve
04-13-2021, 01:02 PM
Well I don't know if this is the same message as all year but. General admission tickets go on sale tomorrow at 1pm

Ole Miss series weekend games will have a max of 4 per game per account.

From what I heard attendance will be capped at 12K this weekend which is about 1K off the new Dude attendance record. 12K is plenty and it'll be rocking. We don't have to crutch ourselves with attendance numbers anymore. Put 12K in there let it get rowdy and I can promise you it'll be just as loud as it's ever been.

ScoobaDawg
04-13-2021, 01:11 PM
From what I heard attendance will be capped at 12K this weekend which is about 1K off the new Dude attendance record. 12K is plenty and it'll be rocking. We don't have to crutch ourselves with attendance numbers anymore. Put 12K in there let it get rowdy and I can promise you it'll be just as loud as it's ever been.

That would be awesome. Looks like we had 12,343 vs Auburn in 2019. Current new stadium record is 13,132 vs stanford in the super regional in 19.

MedDawg
04-14-2021, 12:45 PM
Actually, we built it and hadn't sold ALL of the seats prior to construction. hundreds, in fact. Now it ended up that all were sold before we ever played a game in it. I'm not sure how many are on the waiting list, but its going to take more than just a few hundred for an expansion. I can't see that coming any time in the near future.

So I'm agreeing with you....

Yeah. The last season tickets weren't sold until a couple weeks before the first game, and the season ticket requests/deposits started 3 years before that. As far as the administration and stadium designers knew, designing 2,000 more chairbacks in the stadium than we have now would have resulted in 2,000 empty unsold seats, except for SBW Saturday and a Super Regional final.

And even now with two CWS in a row and a Top 5 ranking, seats go empty except SBW Saturday and a SR final, if it's on a weekend. If we're still Top 5 in May we still might not have more than 35,000 for the Missouri series.

I'm for expanding the stadium, selling more season tickets, and then making it easier for general admission ticket holders to sit in grandstand seats. Either hold out some chairbacks and/or let GA people sit in the chairbacks after 1 1/2 innings. I say we should let GA people right now sit in chairbacks after 1 1/2 innings, but if we expand you have to at least threaten to take that away or many fans won't buy season tickets because they won't have to to sit in chairbacks.

MedDawg
04-14-2021, 12:48 PM

They had way too many empty seats in the grandstand to have over 11,000 there. They fudged their numbers. Style over substance as usual.

confucius say
04-14-2021, 12:55 PM

Well looking like no restrictions this weekend. Maybe I will end up seeing it to believe it

StarkVegasSteve
04-14-2021, 01:09 PM
Yeah. The last season tickets weren't sold until a couple weeks before the first game, and the season ticket requests/deposits started 3 years before that. As far as the administration and stadium designers knew, designing 2,000 more chairbacks in the stadium than we have now would have resulted in 2,000 empty unsold seats, except for SBW Saturday and a Super Regional final.

And even now with two CWS in a row and a Top 5 ranking, seats go empty except SBW Saturday and a SR final, if it's on a weekend. If we're still Top 5 in May we still might not have more than 35,000 for the Missouri series.

I'm for expanding the stadium, selling more season tickets, and then making it easier for general admission ticket holders to sit in grandstand seats. Either hold out some chairbacks and/or let GA people sit in the chairbacks after 1 1/2 innings. I say we should let GA people right now sit in chairbacks after 1 1/2 innings, but if we expand you have to at least threaten to take that away or many fans won't buy season tickets because they won't have to to sit in chairbacks.

I think eventually we'll go back to the rule from the Old Dude where GA could move to an empty grandstand seat after 4 innings. I'm pretty sure this rule applied for every game except Regionals and Supers. Right now there's no need to expand because as you stated outside of a regional/super regional final or SBW there's empty seats. I don't think the demand is there for 2-3K additional chairbacks at the moment because the university isn't going to build addt. grandstand seating to sell it as GA. I imagine they'd lose a good amt. of money doing that.

basedog
04-14-2021, 04:28 PM
I think eventually we'll go back to the rule from the Old Dude where GA could move to an empty grandstand seat after 4 innings. I'm pretty sure this rule applied for every game except Regionals and Supers. Right now there's no need to expand because as you stated outside of a regional/super regional final or SBW there's empty seats. I don't think the demand is there for 2-3K additional chairbacks at the moment because the university isn't going to build addt. grandstand seating to sell it as GA. I imagine they'd lose a good amt. of money doing that.

I agree, bigger isn't always the answer, also the weather isn't looking all that good right now. The Dude is just fine right now, Only time out of the year when it's over 10K is only a few times.

basedog
04-14-2021, 04:37 PM
Btw, looks like Sunday's game is a sellout!