PDA

View Full Version : Cory Thomas to UT?

msugolf
11-11-2013, 03:04 PM
That hurts if true. We were once his leader but obviously .....things change.

engie
11-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Unclear right now. Tweeted that he committed to them -- but has since deleted the tweet. Alot of speculation that they are keeping him warm and may not have room for him right now...

Either way, it's looking like another bang-up recruiting job by Mullen and staff...

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 03:11 PM
All is well.

bobcat91
11-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Unclear right now. Tweeted that he committed to them -- but has since deleted the tweet. Alot of speculation that they are keeping him warm and may not have room for him right now...

Either way, it's looking like another bang-up recruiting job by Mullen and staff...

He tried to commit to us twice and his mother would not let him under the guise of making him wait and vist all the schools. You may want to read between the lines on this one.

engie
11-11-2013, 03:17 PM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/11/post_548.html#incart_river_default

Done deal.

Best part:
Thomas said he will also take official visits to Clemson on Jan. 12 and to Mississippi State on Jan. 23. He said that the Tigers were his second choice.

We managed to come in third on this kid...

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 03:18 PM

Done deal.

Best part:

Good grief. This is getting ridiculous.

Coach34
11-11-2013, 03:20 PM
All you need to know on this deal:

He tried to commit to us this past Summer- and his parents wouldnt let him. This one isnt on the coaches but "the network"

FISHDAWG
11-11-2013, 03:20 PM
why still take a visit to your 3rd choice ?
if we are restricted on OV's - should we let him use one ?

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Top 35 recruiting classes and if we get lucky a trip to the Liberty Bowl!!! GO MULLEN

engie
11-11-2013, 03:24 PM

He tried to commit to us this past Summer- and his parents wouldnt let him. This one isnt on the coaches but "the network"

The lack of network IS ALSO on the coaches.

PassInterference
11-11-2013, 03:25 PM

No kidding.

TN people talk about their network, Vols For Life, openly. We on the other hand are leaderless and under the persecution of Bracky Brett.

engie
11-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Top 35 recruiting classes and if we get lucky a trip to the Liberty Bowl!!! GO MULLEN

We won't crack the top 40 this year.

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 03:28 PM
This one isnt on the coaches

http://onthenorthriver.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/surprise.gif

HancockCountyDog
11-11-2013, 03:29 PM

Done deal.

Best part:

If he visits, we may still get him, but **** this one hurts.

Who are we in on that is still a 4 star player that we have a legit shot at? Im kind of serious, I really don't know of any other big time player that we are considered a player for and its 3 months before signing day.

JeanPeesSittingDown
11-11-2013, 03:30 PM
We need new position coaches that can recruit... coughTROOPERcough

and it doesn't matter if we came in 3rd, 2nd or 158th... still didn't get him.

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 03:31 PM

Who are we in on that is still a 4 star player that we have a legit shot at? Im kind of serious, I really don't know of any other big time player that we are considered a player for and its 3 months before signing day.

Another reason why this is the perfect season to make a move.

engie
11-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Not as bad as the likely impending Gerri Green flip will...

No one at this time other than the pipe dream that is Marlon Humphrey.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Hud could bring over a couple of ULL recruits and help us out.

HancockCountyDog
11-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Another reason why this is the perfect season to make a move.

Im actually asking - I haven't paid close attention to recruiting the last few months, but off the top of my head, I can't think of a single big time recruit that we are still chasing that we have a legit shot at landing.

The kid from Clinton is a Plan B, and I dont think we are in the game for Pack. Is there a player out of state that we have a shot at?

HancockCountyDog
11-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Not as bad as the likely impending Gerri Green flip will...

I know Coach is saying our alumni aren't stepping up to the plate, but I can assure you that isn't the case with Green.

Dawgfan77
11-11-2013, 03:42 PM
The lack of network IS ALSO on the coaches.
No you can blame Strick and Bracky for the network. Coaches don't set up the network but Strick and Bracky clearly want the network shut down

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Im actually asking - I haven't paid close attention to recruiting the last few months, but off the top of my head, I can't think of a single big time recruit that we are still chasing that we have a legit shot at landing.

The kid from Clinton is a Plan B, and I dont think we are in the game for Pack. Is there a player out of state that we have a shot at?

No big names. I wouldn't be surprised to see us offer Grant Harris out of Clinton now though, just so Dan can say we got another Dandy Dozen guy. But I've seen Grant play once, and talked to several people close to Clinton football...and he just isn't quite the impact player I was expecting after the preseason hype. Now granted, he is on a shitastic team too, so he gets doubled a lot, and is basically all Clinton has on defense. So maybe he is better than he looked that one game

engie
11-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Hud could bring over a couple of ULL recruits and help us out.

Or bring his former head coach that he won a title with as OC at Delta State from MGCCC...
Or bring his former right guard when he was QB at Delta State from EMCC..

Prospects currently at those two schools in THIS class?
#1 JUCO Dhaquille Williams
#10 JUCO Avery Gennesy
#15 JUCO Derrick Moncrief
#23 JUCO Jarran Reed
#30 JUCO Christian Russell
#46 JUCO DJ Pettway

This is an average, every-year thing for those two programs...

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 03:45 PM
I know Coach is saying our alumni aren't stepping up to the plate, but I can assure you that isn't the case with Green.

You sure? I sure hope so.

engie
11-11-2013, 03:49 PM
No you can blame Strick and Bracky for the network. Coaches don't set up the network but Strick and Bracky clearly want the network shut down

Bullshit coaches don't set up the network. Tell that to Ole Miss -- whose network was designed by Orgeron and continued by Nutt before being perfected by Freeze.

Just like ours was set up by Jackie and hasn't been tweaked or otherwise utilized to capacity since.

Bracky and Strick are certainly road blocks that need fixing. But if Mullen had handled shit when he had real power and a united fanbase -- those road blocks wouldn't be there today. He ALLOWED them to happen.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 03:54 PM
I think we keep Green, but this morning Bo Bounds said something that made me shake my head.

He said,"OM has identified 6 national recruit targets that they feel they have a good shot at getting."

Identified? What does that mean. I started laughing when I heard this.

cheewgumm
11-11-2013, 03:54 PM
I say this with 80% sincerity and 20% samrt ass, but ...

Who cares? Do we really need big time recruits to win 6 if we get our schedule right?

As long as we get a "better than sun belt" level of recruiting, we should be able to crank out 6, and every now and then win 7. We've pretty much established this as our level of expectation, so don't worry yourself anymore about recruiting. Just being in teh SEc, we'll get a decent level of athlete that will allow us to meet our goals.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 03:55 PM
I am so sick of this shit being all college sports are about nowadays. I have no clue why we fell in love with this shitastic sport. Why do we love a game in which everyone cheats? Makes no logical sense.

AROB44
11-11-2013, 03:56 PM
But if we go with Hud, the savior, we will rake in the Sun Belt talent plus all the great Miss players that take 3 years to be a true contributor.

engie
11-11-2013, 03:56 PM
I think we keep Green, but this morning Bo Bounds said something that made me shake my head.

He said,"OM has identified 6 national recruit targets that they feel they have a good shot at getting."

Identified? What does that mean. I started laughing when I heard this.

Means guys that have shown interest and have/will come on OVs...

I love that they are doing so well in recruiting -- and beginning to play so well. It's putting our feet to the fire and demanding we respond -- exactly like we did to them before.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 03:57 PM
I say this with all sincerity, the kid was only a 3 star player at our strongest position.

The discouraging fact is HOW we lost him, not that by losing him our team will be worse.

bluelightstar
11-11-2013, 03:57 PM
I prefer to play the game than to whine about other people playing it.

FlabLoser
11-11-2013, 04:00 PM

Who cares? Do we really need big time recruits to win 6 if we get our schedule right?

As long as we get a "better than sun belt" level of recruiting, we should be able to crank out 6, and every now and then win 7. We've pretty much established this as our level of expectation, so don't worry yourself anymore about recruiting. Just being in teh SEc, we'll get a decent level of athlete that will allow us to meet our goals.

Some of us don't give a shit about being 6-6.

FlabLoser
11-11-2013, 04:01 PM
I prefer to play the game than to whine about other people playing it.

Exactly.

But I'll whine when are own people don't allow us to, or won't, play the game.

Political Hack
11-11-2013, 05:10 PM

the alternative is not winning ten... it's winning 4 or 5. This year is living proof. We're not ready to take that next step yet. When we are, I'm all for scheduling 9 top 15 teams.