PDA

View Full Version : Kumar having a rough start

SteelCurtain74
04-08-2021, 06:17 PM
Georgia. 3-0 Georgia top of 1st no outs. Leadoff batter got a hit, he walked the 2nd batter. 3rd batter hit a bomb out of Vandy's stadium. 4th batter hit a double. Game on SEC network.

Saltydog
04-08-2021, 06:58 PM
He probably shouldn't have went to White Castle with Harold.........(Some here will understand).......

BeardoMSU
04-08-2021, 07:53 PM
Just gave up 2 bombs and 3 runs to start the 6th and he's done. Damn....

Let's hope to have this type of game when we play him, lol.

Saltydog
04-08-2021, 08:03 PM
He's good, dang good but I don't think his stuff is as good as Leiter. Leiter is just filthy.

BrunswickDawg
04-08-2021, 08:57 PM
Rocker chased in the 6th after giving up 9 runs to an 18-10 UGA team. Guess he is human.

R2Dawg
04-08-2021, 08:58 PM
He's good, dang good but I don't think his stuff is as good as Leiter. Leiter is just filthy.

Vandy is good but dang UGA sticking it to them tonight. Vandy isn't unbeatable like so many seem to think. Any team can be beat.

TNDawg35
04-08-2021, 09:06 PM
Rocker looked off. His fastball was flat and he couldn’t throw his slider for a strike most of the night. UGA did a good job being selective. He has some strike outs, but they worked his pitch count up. Hell he had 33 in the first inning...

The Federalist Engineer
04-08-2021, 09:06 PM
Count down to “Opt Out” has possibly started

TNDawg35
04-08-2021, 09:10 PM
Count down to “Opt Out” has possibly started

Didn’t he get sidelined some last year with arm trouble? If I was him and had ANY form of discomfort, I’m DONE! He has already won a CWS, SEC Crown, and been MVP/All American. Next thing is the money for the draft...

Corbin will try and ride him and Lieter to Omaha of course.

SaintDawg
04-08-2021, 09:25 PM
UGA just hit back to back to back HRs. 12-2 UGA, Top of 9th. ooof!

State82
04-08-2021, 09:25 PM
Holy shit! Back to back to back dingers! 6 on the night for UGA.

SaintDawg
04-08-2021, 09:27 PM
Another UGA HR. That's 4 bombs in Top of 9.

SaintDawg
04-08-2021, 09:28 PM
14-2 UGA

State82
04-08-2021, 09:28 PM
This is the most insane shit I have ever seen in an SEC baseball game.

BrunswickDawg
04-08-2021, 09:30 PM
This is the most insane shit I have ever seen in an SEC baseball game.

It's like Gorilla Ball from the 90s

State82
04-08-2021, 09:39 PM
It's like Gorilla Ball from the 90s

That is exactly what it looked like. Gorilla ball on steroids.

Cowbell
04-08-2021, 09:45 PM
Reminds me of an Arkansas series a few weeks ago. Most likely they are reading signs in some way.
This is what vandy gets for overusing Kumar.

basedog
04-08-2021, 09:51 PM
Reminds me of an Arkansas series a few weeks ago. Most likely they are reading signs in some way.
This is what vandy gets for overusing Kumar.

He has thrown a bunch of pitches so far this season. I think they said twice he has gone 100 plus.

sscjr1
04-08-2021, 10:02 PM
UGA probably won?t score 5 more runs total the next two

The Federalist Engineer
04-08-2021, 10:48 PM
UGA probably won?t score 5 more runs total the next two

UGA probably wont get 5 more hits total the next two

Unless they found them special bats that Arkansas dumped in a truck stop near Memphis about 2 weeks ago

StarkVegasSteve
04-09-2021, 08:02 AM
Didn’t he get sidelined some last year with arm trouble? If I was him and had ANY form of discomfort, I’m DONE! He has already won a CWS, SEC Crown, and been MVP/All American. Next thing is the money for the draft...

Corbin will try and ride him and Lieter to Omaha of course.

This is why I'll never understand why pitchers choose to go to Vandy. Corbin continuously throws his starters well in excess of 100 pitches and when they get into the postseason he'll ride them til their arm falls off. I understand doing it once or twice if a guy is really feeling it, but hell Corbin does it weekly with Rocker and Leiter with the game well in hand most of the time.

The Federalist Engineer
04-09-2021, 10:56 AM
This is why I'll never understand why pitchers choose to go to Vandy. Corbin continuously throws his starters well in excess of 100 pitches and when they get into the postseason he'll ride them til their arm falls off. I understand doing it once or twice if a guy is really feeling it, but hell Corbin does it weekly with Rocker and Leiter with the game well in hand most of the time.

Actually, Vandy has a great history of #1 pick pitchers with great success as professionals. David Price is a huge alumn for them.

I cannot recall Vandy having a Karsten Whitson disaster like UF.

But yeah, Kumar Rocker and Al Leiter have no business in College Baseball, way too good. They should be private COVID bubbles, throwing monitored bullpens. They can't do better than #1 and #2 in the draft.

Is playing for Vandy that thrilling? No huge base and the damn whistlers going nuts at every home game. Unless the whistlers died of COVID or the Nashville mask-requirements prevent whistling.

basedog
04-09-2021, 11:27 AM
Actually, Vandy has a great history of #1 pick pitchers with great success as professionals. David Price is a huge alumn for them.

But yeah, Kumar Rocker and Al Leiter have no business in College Baseball, way too good. They should be private COVID bubbles, throwing monitored bullpens. They can't do better than #1 and #2 in the draft.

Is playing for Vandy that thrilling? No huge base and the damn whistlers going nuts at every home game. Unless the whistlers died of COVID or the Nashville mask-requirements prevent whistling.

He was whistling last night, but he didn't have much to whistle for.

SteelCurtain74
04-09-2021, 12:01 PM

Sonny Gray is another of their first round successes. I said after Leiter's no hitter against USC that the number of pitches he had thrown would come back to bite them. I believe he threw something like 126 pitches in that game and around 100 pitches in his previous start. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see anything in Vandy's philosophy that would indicate that Corbin is going to reduce the workload on either Leiter or Rocker anytime soon. We can talk all day about advances in training, conditioning, blah blah blah but the arm only has so many throws in it. These guys have been playing year round since middle school. It will eventually catch up to them and for their sake I hope it's later rather than sooner.

I would also imagine they probably have some type of insurance policy on their arm like Peyton had one on him when he was at Tennessee.

BiscuitEater
04-09-2021, 04:33 PM
Is playing for Vandy that thrilling?.

It is when you can give 45+ players 'full ride' $75K a year scholarships at an upper level school!

The Federalist Engineer
04-09-2021, 04:49 PM
It is when you can give 45+ players 'full ride' $75K a year scholarships at an upper level school!

Rocker and Leiter dont need charity, these are 1% family kids