PDA

View Full Version : What do we have to do to beat Bama?

It_Could_Happen
11-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Seriously I'm curious, what do you guys think we have to do to pull it off Saturday.

Squidawg11
11-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Seriously I'm curious, what do you guys think we have to do to pull it off Saturday.

Bama gets lost on the way to Starkville and doesn't show up for the game.

Sam&DeansDawg
11-11-2013, 02:57 PM
The Apocalypse but im still not sure we're safe.

PassInterference
11-11-2013, 03:04 PM
1. Play our A game for 4 quarters
2. Get some breaks - turnovers, made FGs, they miss FGs, an officiating call or two
3. Bama plays a B or C game.

Jack Lambert
11-11-2013, 03:21 PM
You might find your answer in this thread that is still posted on the front page.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?8489-So-how-do-we-beat-Bama

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 03:24 PM

Substitute their players with the new puss wads that are joining this board lately. That would be an easy victory. #LoserMentality

justwin
11-11-2013, 04:03 PM

1. Do NOT waste a single carry with Perkins as we're only going to get about 8 offensive possessions. Put him in the slot, run wheel routes, crosses, screens, pitch it to him out of the option, with him as he's electric in that role. Every big play he's made this year has been receiving the ball or bouncing it to the outside once he can get past the first level.
2. JRob deserves 12+ carries. Shump deserves at least 5+ carries. Tyler needs at least a series with both of these two as his RB options the whole drive.
3. We need to have more multiple RB sets...I'd even say that 2/3rds of our offensive plays need to have 3 players in the backfield including the QB. We can match Bama's physical play. Think the UF win a few years ago. The difference from this team to that one is that we actually have two QBs that can complete a forward pass so playaction, bootlegs, etc will be more effective. Most agree that this Bama DL is not like those of the past few years so we can run on them, but the big RBs are going to have to grind out yards EARLY which they are capable of doing.
4. Holloway needs to be on kickoff returns. He's the one chance that we have for a special teams TD. We may only get to return one kick, but he needs to be that guy when the opportunity comes.
5. Sobiesk as FG kicker from here on out.
6. I think our defense is fine. Collins is doing a good job of mixing and matching personnel and schemes. I think we'll get to AJ enough.
7. Whatever it takes, MSU has to win the last few minutes of the 1H and start of 2H.
8. Get points (at 3) off a Bama turnover. The Cam int 2 years ago where we only got 3 really hurt.

The FANS have to do their part the entire game. Last week proved we can score late.

It_Could_Happen
11-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Substitute their players with the new puss wads that are joining this board lately. That would be an easy victory. #LoserMentality

Haha I like it. I think they could use a little "preaching" at QB

JeanPeesSittingDown
11-11-2013, 04:33 PM
1. Play Dak and he has to have an INT free game.

2. We need to be at least +3 in turnovers.

3. Stop the run. Force AJ to pass. AJ is an exceptional passer, but I think it's the lesser of two evils. Bama thrives off of being balanced. When you make the one dimensional the game becomes much easier to call.

4. Catch a few breaks on offense. Such as- a special teams miscue giving us a short field. Not only do situations like that create scoring opportunities, they can also swing momentum back to a team. Being at home we need big plays like this to get the crowd back into the game (assuming they will be taken out prior to said play)

PendingTransaction
11-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Park the team bus along the 50-yard line. Let Collins stand on top of it and tell the defense which end Alabama is running around.