PDA

View Full Version : What's the ONE thing you're hoping to see from the Spring Football Game?

Indndawg
04-07-2021, 03:15 PM
sdjklfjsdlkjf

StarkVegasSteve
04-07-2021, 03:16 PM
A Sugarland concert in the end zone****

Cooterpoot
04-07-2021, 03:19 PM
The baseball game

HoopsDawg
04-07-2021, 03:28 PM
nothing it's a waste. I hope no one gets injured.

Ari Gold
04-07-2021, 03:32 PM

This.

Extendedcab
04-07-2021, 03:36 PM
How accurate the quarterbacks can throw
If our receivers can run good routes
If our receivers can catch
If our offensive line can block
If our defensive line can be dominant
Can our defensive secondary cover receivers

Lord McBuckethead
04-07-2021, 03:39 PM
Coeds.

Johnson85
04-07-2021, 03:46 PM

It's not a waste. There is a reason teams scrimmage at practice.

thf24
04-07-2021, 04:07 PM
Being televised.

Cooterpoot
04-07-2021, 04:23 PM
It's not a waste. There is a reason teams scrimmage at practice.

This isn't a real scrimmage. It's a staged scrimmage. Lots of deep balls and things to excite the fans.

BeardoMSU
04-07-2021, 05:18 PM
A run on 1st down.**

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2021, 05:59 PM
We are 2 pieces away from being pretty solid. I feel better about ILB after the spring Groce has had. We need A 3rd corner (Richardson, Lawrence)and an X/Z WR. Makai Polk has been good hopefully its him. He can be the missing piece on offense. Malik Heath is fully in for the first time in his life probably. Maybe its him.

I want to see
LT: Cross
LG: Sharp
C: Smith
RG: Kam Jones/Nick Jones
RT: Lashley

If Dolla Bill doesnt play it means we are pretty good up front. If they can keep Will upright we have a chance to be pretty damn good

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2021, 06:01 PM
Grant Jackson and Suggs as wel

Homedawg
04-07-2021, 06:21 PM

Couldn't be said better

confucius say
04-07-2021, 06:45 PM
We are 2 pieces away from being pretty solid. I feel better about ILB after the spring Groce has had. We need A 3rd corner (Richardson, Lawrence)and an X/Z WR. Makai Polk has been good hopefully its him. He can be the missing piece on offense. Malik Heath is fully in for the first time in his life probably. Maybe its him.

I want to see
LT: Cross
LG: Sharp
C: Smith
RG: Kam Jones/Nick Jones
RT: Lashley

If Dolla Bill doesnt play it means we are pretty good up front. If they can keep Will upright we have a chance to be pretty damn good

Can lashley hold down the RT spot?

Coach34
04-07-2021, 07:21 PM
No injuries

Maroonthirteen
04-07-2021, 08:47 PM
A pass beyond 5 yards.

Cooterpoot
04-07-2021, 09:17 PM
Austin Williams having another break out spring game.

Cooterpoot
04-07-2021, 09:18 PM
Can lashley hold down the RT spot?

Nope

BrunswickDawg
04-07-2021, 09:22 PM

Has anyone ever done that 4 years in a row?

bulldawg28
04-08-2021, 08:09 AM

Lol...Yes!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-08-2021, 08:17 AM
sdjklfjsdlkjf

Football!!!

thf24
04-08-2021, 08:25 AM
This isn't a real scrimmage. It's a staged scrimmage. Lots of deep balls and things to excite the fans.

Hard to imagine Mike Leach doing anything differently in his limited allotment of practice time for the sake of exciting the fans just because they happen to be present.

Hot Rock
04-08-2021, 09:54 AM
I want to see the various QB's and see how the ball comes out of their hands. Quick decisions, quick releases, accuracy etc...

I want to see no drops by anyone, including the intercepting defenses. Good hands are important and if balls aren't dropped it changes games. (And not just from Austin Williams, we know he can be a spring hero)

I want to see the QB lead RB's and WR's with throws so they can keep moving and not right into a defender. I want the QB to have to throw some guys "open" because the defensive coverage is just that good at times and still get a completion.

There is a lot I can take away from a spring game about the passing offense and maybe even defensive coverage ability but not too much about the rushing offense/defense. Is it our Dline that's good or the OLine bad and vice versa. I simply can't tell much about line play until real games get here. Plus, our run game relies so much on the pre-snap reads by the QB. That won't happen until live games either.

But I still am wanting to see it all, having said all that:

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS NO INJURIES!

Cooterpoot
04-08-2021, 10:55 AM
The backup QBs becoming heroes.

SheltonChoked
04-08-2021, 11:20 AM
sdjklfjsdlkjf

Our OL block 3 guys long enough to complete passes without pressure.

Dawgfan77
04-08-2021, 11:34 AM
Mike leach on a wagon with band members....

Cooterpoot
04-08-2021, 12:22 PM
Mike leach on a wagon with band members....

Absolutely!

Cooterpoot
04-08-2021, 12:22 PM
Nikki MP as honorary captain.***

RiverCityDawg
04-08-2021, 12:27 PM
I want to see the various QB's and see how the ball comes out of their hands. Quick decisions, quick releases, accuracy etc...

I want to see no drops by anyone, including the intercepting defenses. Good hands are important and if balls aren't dropped it changes games. (And not just from Austin Williams, we know he can be a spring hero)

I want to see the QB lead RB's and WR's with throws so they can keep moving and not right into a defender. I want the QB to have to throw some guys "open" because the defensive coverage is just that good at times and still get a completion.

There is a lot I can take away from a spring game about the passing offense and maybe even defensive coverage ability but not too much about the rushing offense/defense. Is it our Dline that's good or the OLine bad and vice versa. I simply can't tell much about line play until real games get here. Plus, our run game relies so much on the pre-snap reads by the QB. That won't happen until live games either.

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. No injuries, no looks of confusion by QBs (WRs too), tight coverage only getting beat by great throws and catches, and no injuries.

Also, no injuries.

Commercecomet24
04-08-2021, 01:36 PM
No injuries

Bothrops
04-08-2021, 07:38 PM
Yep I agree with others, no injuries.

Liverpooldawg
04-08-2021, 08:15 PM

I hope nobody gets injured but spring football is anything but a waste. The practice, especially for teams in transition like ours, is crucial. Not having spring ball last year was an immense blow to us.

Liverpooldawg
04-08-2021, 08:18 PM
I hope nobody gets injured but spring football is anything but a waste. The practice, especially for teams in transition like ours, is crucial. Not having spring ball last year was an immense blow to us.

Whoops, I thought the OP asked about spring PRACTICE. I agree about the spring game, it's useless.

Offshore Dawg
04-09-2021, 05:20 PM

This would be a good day.