PDA

View Full Version : 2022 pitching

Homedawg
04-06-2021, 08:48 PM
I know we have a lot of baseball left but looking ahead to next year
In no order
Fristoe
C smith
B smith - maybe. I assume he comes back but he might not.
Tepper
Carmouche
Simmons
L Simms
Hunt
Lovett

Then Rokuse and Patrick I assume could be back as week..... and whatever signees we add to that. But that's a good 9 to start w the other two makes 11.
I can't assume that any others come back. Maybe Talley? Maybe Alford? But all the rest I'd assume will sign.

MaroonFlounder
04-06-2021, 08:54 PM
I know we have a lot of baseball left but looking ahead to next year
In no order
Fristoe
C smith
B smith - maybe. I assume he comes back but he might not.
Tepper
Carmouche
Simmons
L Simms
Hunt
Lovett

Then Rokuse and Patrick I assume could be back as week..... and whatever signees we add to that. But that's a good 9 to start w the other two makes 11.
I can't assume that any others come back. Maybe Talley? Maybe Alford? But all the rest I'd assume will sign.

Cam Tullar? Jaxon Forrester?

Homedawg
04-06-2021, 09:00 PM
Cam Tullar? Jaxon Forrester?

Tullar probably signs. But we could be saved by the 20 rds. He was projected top ten last year. Forrester will be a 5th year guy that hasn't gotten to pitch much this year. Maybe he comes back but I won't hold my breath. But guess it's possible.

MaroonFlounder
04-06-2021, 09:22 PM
Tullar probably signs. But we could be saved by the 20 rds. He was projected top ten last year. Forrester will be a 5th year guy that hasn't gotten to pitch much this year. Maybe he comes back but I won't hold my breath. But guess it's possible.

Any chance Preston Johnson comes back?

Homedawg
04-06-2021, 09:38 PM
Any chance Preston Johnson comes back?

I can't see it at all. He's 93-94 w a good breaking pitch. He gone

basedog
04-06-2021, 09:39 PM
Bunch of strike throwers. Future looks bright as far as pitching.

Todd4State
04-07-2021, 12:00 AM
Tullar hasn't pitched like a top 10 round guy this year. Not sure coming back helps or hurts him one way or the other.

Pico Kohn and Jack Walker are our top two pitching prospects that are likely to get to school. Maddux Bruns has looked really good this season so I think he goes pro most likely. Andrew Walling probably goes unless he wants to prove that he can start.

Our class this year is pretty deep on hitters but not as deep with pitching. Most of the pitching recuits are going to be guys that have to be developed or coached up basically but Foxhall has shown the ability to do that.

Commercecomet24
04-07-2021, 08:59 AM
We've had some good staffs before but what we have now and for the futre is abosultely insane. Can never have enough arms!

Ari Gold
04-07-2021, 09:45 AM
Simms
Fristoe
C Smith

Hell this Is a good weekend rotation right

The Federalist Engineer
04-07-2021, 10:36 AM
Tullar hasn't pitched like a top 10 round guy this year. Not sure coming back helps or hurts him one way or the other.

Pico Kohn and Jack Walker are our top two pitching prospects that are likely to get to school. Maddux Bruns has looked really good this season so I think he goes pro most likely. Andrew Walling probably goes unless he wants to prove that he can start.

Our class this year is pretty deep on hitters but not as deep with pitching. Most of the pitching recuits are going to be guys that have to be developed or coached up basically but Foxhall has shown the ability to do that.

Simms
Fristoe
C Smith

Hell this Is a good weekend rotation right

With and without Bruns, the staff looks great. But I think Sims is not a starter due to pitching mechanics discussed at other times. His velo drops fast as the pitch count accumulates. But who cares, just bring in Stone Sim-mons in the 4th.

I think Tepper, Simmons, Lovette, Hunt, and Carmouche will be major candidates for Rotation work in 2022.

Masochistic question - how come Vandy would probably get Bruns on campus? If we can get Bednar and Cerantola (LOL) into the 1st round, MSU is a great pitcher college too!

Homedawg
04-07-2021, 11:36 AM

I don't think he's a top 10 guy either. Might not get drafted at all. But if he does, I expect him to sign.

basedog
04-07-2021, 11:48 AM
We've had some good staffs before but what we have now and for the futre is abosultely insane. Can never have enough arms!

I agree, pitchers are gonna have arm issues, it's just what it is in today's games. They pitch all year long starting at an early age. The thing going for Cade I believe anyway, is he didn't start pitching till he was in the ninth grade, he use to be a catcher. Plus he has never been "over-pitched" in High School nor Travel Ball.

Commercecomet24
04-07-2021, 12:28 PM
I agree, pitchers are gonna have arm issues, it's just what it is in today's games. They pitch all year long starting at an early age. The thing going for Cade I believe anyway, is he didn't start pitching till he was in the ninth grade, he use to be a catcher. Plus he has never been "over-pitched" in High School nor Travel Ball.

Agreed. I coached travel/showcase ball for 20 years and the one thing I did was made sure I had 7-8 guys that could pitch and I kept strict pitch counts and I taught fastball command and locationand changeups as opposed to using breaking balls at an early age. Also we played spring/summer season and did not play any fall/winter ball. I let my players play football and basketball and take a break from baseball.

basedog
04-07-2021, 12:42 PM
Agreed. I coached travel/showcase ball for 20 years and the one thing I did was made sure I had 7-8 guys that could pitch and I kept strict pitch counts and I taught fastball command and locationand changeups as opposed to using breaking balls at an early age. Also we played spring/summer season and did not play any fall/winter ball. I let my players play football and basketball and take a break from baseball.

That sounds about right I think, I'm sure parents were pleased with the way you handled their kids.

smootness
04-07-2021, 12:51 PM
Sims
Sims
Sims
Sims

It's Sims. Not Simms.

Commercecomet24
04-07-2021, 01:03 PM
That sounds about right I think, I'm sure parents were pleased with the way you handled their kids.

Got a bunch that have played college ball and a bunch playing right now and I've never had one that had arm surgery and I still won a ton of games without having to wear out kids arms.

Tbonewannabe
04-07-2021, 02:00 PM
Got a bunch that have played college ball and a bunch playing right now and I've never had one that had arm surgery and I still won a ton of games without having to wear out kids arms.

Too bad more coaches don't go this route. You did your boys a great service watching out for their arms like that.

Rex54
04-07-2021, 02:55 PM
I taught fastball command and locationand changeups as opposed to using breaking balls at an early age.

This to me is the ticket for success in college baseball where hitters will have more holes in swings placing a premium on location than stuff. Look no further than 2013 UCLA in Omaha. You'll have your unicorns like Kumar Rocker but you'll have more Cerantola's and Evan Mitchell's in that sphere too. Throw strikes, locate, force weak contact.