PDA

View Full Version : Jaden Hill -LSU

SteelCurtain74
04-05-2021, 08:03 PM
Is out the rest of the year with an UCL tear. LSU's season just went from bad to worse.

shoeless joe
04-05-2021, 09:04 PM
Is out the rest of the year with an UCL tear. LSU's season just went from bad to worse.

At least we don’t have to worry about their head coach whine or complain about it. Just not his style...

Leeshouldveflanked
04-06-2021, 07:41 AM
LSU wearing out pitchers is nothing new....

Rex54
04-06-2021, 07:59 AM
LSU wearing out pitchers is nothing new....

29 innings...

ShotgunDawg
04-06-2021, 08:07 AM
Time for a regime change at LSU

Their recruiting is fine but player development methods are way behind.

Allen Dunn has been a good pitching coach but LSU is 5+ years behind MSU, OM, and Ark in pitching player development methods

DownwardDawg
04-06-2021, 10:26 AM
Time for a regime change at LSU

Their recruiting is fine but player development methods are way behind.

Allen Dunn has been a good pitching coach but LSU is 5+ years behind MSU, OM, and Ark in pitching player development methods

They are doing just fine. Manure needs to stay right there.

State82
04-06-2021, 12:37 PM
I am going to second this motion.

MaroonFlounder
04-06-2021, 09:12 PM

If they get Cannizzaro and Cann can keep his bat in his pants, LSU will soon be kings of the SEC west again.

Homedawg
04-06-2021, 09:24 PM
In this case hill has never been over worked at lsu. Just one of those deals.

Coach34
04-07-2021, 07:25 PM
In this case hill has never been over worked at lsu. Just one of those deals.

Its most likely bad luck and all- but I will say throwing him over 100 pitches against us early in the season on a cool night wasnt the best decision a coach could make.

Homedawg
04-07-2021, 08:39 PM
Its most likely bad luck and all- but I will say throwing him over 100 pitches against us early in the season on a cool night wasnt the best decision a coach could make.

I get it. But 20 years ago the guy would have thrown 125 on opening night and nobody would have blinked. I still stand by its a bigger deal to have a big pitch inning 25+ followed by another 20 pitch inning than throw 100+ pitches. We have people that go into orbit about a guy throwing 100 pitches. Anytime. I understand and agree w your point about the early season part completely though.

Coach34
04-07-2021, 08:47 PM
I get it. But 20 years ago the guy would have thrown 125 on opening night and nobody would have blinked. I still stand by its a bigger deal to have a big pitch inning 25+ followed by another 20 pitch inning than throw 100+ pitches. We have people that go into orbit about a guy throwing 100 pitches. Anytime. I understand and agree w your point about the early season part completely though.

No doubt- you and I grew up in a different era. Hell, I threw a no-hitter in little league with 16 K's and 8 walks. I know damn well I threw over 100 pitches that day.

I've always erred on the side of caution early on and adjusted for weather. Until we get above 60 degrees- we have to be careful on elbows and shoulders. Obviously its tough on college coaches because of Fall baseball travel teams- they are getting guys with alot more mileage on them than we had dealt with 15-20 years ago. It matters. I havent been the same since I went about 120 pitches in a semi-pro game back in 20 years ago. I need Cuff surgery and Tommy John. It sux

BrunswickDawg
04-07-2021, 09:32 PM
No doubt- you and I grew up in a different era. Hell, I threw a no-hitter in little league with 16 K's and 8 walks. I know damn well I threw over 100 pitches that day.

I've always erred on the side of caution early on and adjusted for weather. Until we get above 60 degrees- we have to be careful on elbows and shoulders. Obviously its tough on college coaches because of Fall baseball travel teams- they are getting guys with alot more mileage on them than we had dealt with 15-20 years ago. It matters. I havent been the same since I went about 120 pitches in a semi-pro game back in 20 years ago. I need Cuff surgery and Tommy John. It sux

That's the thing - I don't think they have more mileage on the arms. I know I spent almost all day every day all summer playing some form of baseball - 4 on 4 street ball with a tennis ball (get stung with a throw and your out), pick up games at the park, rec league games at night, double headers on Saturdays. From March 1 to August 20 I was throwing constantly from all positions on the field. But - I rarely touched a baseball from the time school started until 2 weeks before "draft day" for rec ball in late February/early March. I think kids in our era benefited from playing all positions instead of focusing on one (built more well rounded arm strength) and we typically had a long off season break because we moved to football for fall and basketball in winter.

Coach34
04-08-2021, 05:22 PM
and thats what I mean by mileage- these guys are pitching 9-10 months a year. We played Feb-July and it was over