PDA

View Full Version : NCAA to have predetermined Region/Super Reg sites

TNDawg35
04-05-2021, 11:25 AM
Anyone see where the NCAA will now
Have predetermined regional and super regional sites instead of people getting to
Host.

That means we liable be the host school at say Alex box if LSU doesn?t make it then have to play say Louisville at Oxford...

Kendell Rogers is reporting it on Twitter.

I think this is total BS and just another over reach.

Commercecomet24
04-05-2021, 11:27 AM
Idiotic, like a lot of things going on right now.

msstate7
04-05-2021, 11:28 AM
NCAA had a drawing of dumb ideas, and this one won.

StarkVegasSteve
04-05-2021, 11:28 AM
I think this bodes well for us. My guess is the largest ballparks will host. That means us, Arky, LSU, and USCe could probably be slated to host out of the SEC. Agree that it's bs political theater though. Especially for a school like La Tech who's having a historical season and was in the conversation to host a regional. This basically torpedoes their chance at hosting.

msstate7
04-05-2021, 11:29 AM
OM hosts the Starkville regional... can't wait

Bass Chaser
04-05-2021, 11:46 AM
I wonder if the bids are limited to schools. Could we see AA or AAA parks host?

StarkVegasSteve
04-05-2021, 11:51 AM
I wonder if the bids are limited to schools. Could we see AA or AAA parks host?

I could see the teams with smaller parks try to go this route. Teams like Vandy and Louisville. Although I imagine it'd just be luck of the draw on whether the parks would be available those weekends.

R2Dawg
04-05-2021, 11:55 AM
I think this bodes well for us. My guess is the largest ballparks will host. That means us, Arky, LSU, and USCe could probably be slated to host out of the SEC. Agree that it's bs political theater though. Especially for a school like La Tech who's having a historical season and was in the conversation to host a regional. This basically torpedoes their chance at hosting.

I agree. May be a good thing for MSU but really stupid otherwise. Hate for some small schools that deserve to host on their campus.

StarkVegasSteve
04-05-2021, 12:11 PM
The only potential drawback on this, and it's a big one, is this means that the NCAA will be setting attendance guidelines. Which doesn't bode well for big crowds for us. My guess is that we'll see something similar to what was done for the Arky series. I hope I'm wrong on this one.

Cooterpoot
04-05-2021, 12:11 PM
Just another reason the P5 will leave the NCAA soon.

BuckyIsAB****
04-05-2021, 12:15 PM
Bc of covid??????

mparkerfd20
04-05-2021, 12:22 PM
Good thing we changed our flag. ***

confucius say
04-05-2021, 12:38 PM
What's the reasoning? Is this permanent or just a one year deal

confucius say
04-05-2021, 12:43 PM
What really sucks is that bids are due next week and the selections are announced May 10. We will prob be around .500 then in the sec, 12-12, due to schedule but have a chance to get fat after that with Mizzou and Bama and finish 18-12 or 17-13. Difference in top 16 site vs top 8 site.

Cowbell
04-05-2021, 12:44 PM

Cant wait

Cowbell
04-05-2021, 12:45 PM
I saw where bids were due? What does that kind of bid look like?

And how do you place a bid without knowing attendance restrictions?

Tbonewannabe
04-05-2021, 02:11 PM
I am going to bet they give out bids on a geographical basis. Anyone super pumped to host a regional in Pennsylvania or New York?

fevans
04-05-2021, 02:24 PM
Will the state of Georgia be able to host any regionals? :cool:

Todd4State
04-05-2021, 02:47 PM
So stupid. But also typical.

Mjoelner34
04-05-2021, 02:58 PM
I can see this happening:
Despite plummeting Covid numbers in the state, we feel that the restrictions loosened by the Neanderthal governor of Mississippi does not promote health and safety for the general public. Therefore, we have decided that Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Southern Miss will not be eligible to host regional or super regional events. Signed: NCAA

msstate7
04-05-2021, 03:12 PM
I can see this happening:
Despite plummeting Covid numbers in the state, we feel that the restrictions loosened by the Neanderthal governor of Mississippi does not promote health and safety for the general public. Therefore, we have decided that Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Southern Miss will not be eligible to host regional or super regional events. Signed: NCAA

Miss state to host the Minneapolis regional

confucius say
04-05-2021, 03:16 PM
The sites will be awarded based on merit. But it will be based on your season at the end of April instead of after the season. This sucks for us. We have auburn, OM, and vandy before the call is made. Will not include Mizzou, Aggie, and Bama. I'll be surprised if we host honestly.

I hate the ncaa.

Gutter Cobreh
04-05-2021, 03:35 PM
The sites will be awarded based on merit. But it will be based on your season at the end of April instead of after the season. This sucks for us. We have auburn, OM, and vandy before the call is made. Will not include Mizzou, Aggie, and Bama. I'll be surprised if we host honestly.

I hate the ncaa.

I bet it also will be awarded to the ease of traveling to the location site. Starkville isn't the easiest place to get 4 teams into.

I hold out hope they'll space them out geographically, but at the end of the day - just give me a postseason. If we're good enough, we'll win out and make it to Omaha.

Todd4State
04-05-2021, 04:49 PM

I hate the ncaa.

Yeah. Based on "merit" like LSU every year.

The Federalist Engineer
04-05-2021, 05:33 PM

NCAA clowns are just going to get crazier and crazier, might as well just part ways now before it?s prompted by a really bad event

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-05-2021, 06:09 PM
I don't get why worry about covid a all. By the postseason, vaccines will have been available to the general public for months, with at risk groups having had 6+ months to get it.

Is the NCAA going to be taking Covid precautions in 2027? Then why do it this summer when literally everyone that wants one will have had a vaccine?

DownwardDawg
04-05-2021, 07:17 PM
Good thing we changed our flag. ***

Haha! You beat me to it. I was gonna post the same thing!

SaintDawg
04-05-2021, 09:12 PM
the ncaa needs their ass kicked up between their shoulders. sometimes that's all a body will understand when they are 17 something up is a punch in the mouth.

Todd4State
04-05-2021, 09:57 PM
I don't get why worry about covid a all. By the postseason, vaccines will have been available to the general public for months, with at risk groups having had 6+ months to get it.

Is the NCAA going to be taking Covid precautions in 2027? Then why do it this summer when literally everyone that wants one will have had a vaccine?

Same deal as the MLB All-Star Game. We're going to get screwed because Mississippi doesn't have the mask mandates anymore and the corporate sponsors will threaten to pull out because of it. It's going to happen no matter what.

ShotgunDawg
04-05-2021, 11:15 PM
This is great. Play our ass off until we're awarded the regional & then mail it in until regional time. Get plenty of people ABs & keep the arms healthy

Bothrops
04-06-2021, 02:33 AM
This could go so many ways for many reasons.

Offshore Dawg
04-06-2021, 12:14 PM
This is great. Play our ass off until we're awarded the regional & then mail it in until regional time. Get plenty of people ABs & keep the arms healthy

Just because you are awarded a host site doesn't mean you will be playing