PDA

View Full Version : The MISSSTATE Braves

parabrave
04-04-2021, 08:33 PM
Well the Braves are in the same boat. Good enough pitching and no offense.

msstate7
04-04-2021, 10:31 PM
Not worried about the offense yet. Looks like the braves will face scherzer, Strasburg, and wheeler next 3 games, so not looking like a fun stretch for the hitters.

Bulldog1
04-11-2021, 09:23 PM
Got screwed over tonight... Apparently replay is useless.

shoeless joe
04-11-2021, 09:27 PM
Got screwed over tonight... Apparently replay is useless.

Yep...why have it if that’s the result. The last view they showed was extremely clear that he never touched the plate. But what’s worse is that the ump was in perfect position and never saw that he never touched the plate?!? That was brutal.

msstate7
04-11-2021, 09:29 PM
Replay "upheld" the call. They said he clearly touched it... they didn't say it stood

Bulldog1
04-11-2021, 09:30 PM
SEC Umps > MLB Umps.

And that's saying a lot

Bulldog1
04-11-2021, 09:32 PM
Replay "upheld" the call. They said he clearly touched it... they didn't say it stood

MLB has it in for the Braves. No one with a brain could objectively look at those angles and say he touched the plate.

shoeless joe
04-11-2021, 09:33 PM

Brutal. He clearly never touched it. I’d like to see the screen shot where he clearly touched it. They should release that

Bulldog1
04-11-2021, 09:34 PM
Some heads need to roll over this

shoeless joe
04-11-2021, 09:35 PM
SEC Umps > MLB Umps.

And that's saying a lot

As bad as that call was this is absurd. College baseball officials are the worst of the worst. Generally speaking MLB umps are pretty solid.

Which is why both the ump and the replay guy blowing this call is so frustrating

Commercecomet24
04-11-2021, 09:40 PM
Yep...why have it if that’s the result. The last view they showed was extremely clear that he never touched the plate. But what’s worse is that the ump was in perfect position and never saw that he never touched the plate?!? That was brutal.

Just awful. Replay is useless if they can't get these calls right. MLB umps are right the majority of the time but they blew this one.

Bulldog1
04-11-2021, 09:43 PM
As bad as that call was this is absurd. College baseball officials are the worst of the worst. Generally speaking MLB umps are pretty solid.

Which is why both the ump and the replay guy blowing this call is so frustrating

Yeah that was probably a reach lol. I'm more upset with the replay guys though- I mean that is what replay is for... To look at close plays and make the correct call based on the video. If all they are going to do is uphold the Umps calls then they might as well not have replay.

msstate7
04-11-2021, 09:47 PM
Justin turner tweeted that the call was garbage, but he said the call stood. I'm not quite as upset if they just let the call stand... espn said the call was upheld

BrunswickDawg
04-12-2021, 06:41 AM
MLB umps have been egomaniacs for a long time (I'm looking at you Angel Hernandez). If MLB just lets another ump review the call on replay, then that ump is going to uphold the call every time so that the field ump is correct.

msstate7
04-12-2021, 07:18 AM
MLB umps have been egomaniacs for a long time (I'm looking at you Angel Hernandez). If MLB just lets another ump review the call on replay, then that ump is going to uphold the call every time so that the field ump is correct.

Mlb and nfl need to turn replay over to a 3rd party.

Poster on chopcountry had an interesting idea... replay not know the call the, and he/she make the call using replay

BrunswickDawg
04-12-2021, 07:38 AM
Mlb and nfl need to turn replay over to a 3rd party.

Poster on chopcountry had an interesting idea... replay not know the call the, and he/she make the call using replay

And give them that digital replay tech that lets you spin the view 360 like the networks have.

Commercecomet24
04-12-2021, 08:51 AM

This, every single time.

shoeless joe
04-12-2021, 09:35 AM
If the you can’t tell for certain after looking at all the available angles then i’m fine with upholding the call on the field. But after rewatching the whole scene there are two different angles that clearly show that he never touched the plate. Brutal choke job.

CB Buckner must have been the replay official

Commercecomet24
04-12-2021, 10:19 AM
If the you can’t tell for certain after looking at all the available angles then i’m fine with upholding the call on the field. But after rewatching the whole scene there are two different angles that clearly show that he never touched the plate. Brutal choke job.

CB Buckner must have been the replay official

Buckner second worst umpire in baseball behind angel hernandez.

BrunswickDawg
04-12-2021, 10:53 AM
Buckner second worst umpire in baseball behind angel hernandez.

It's bad when the umps make you wish John McSherry and Eric Gregg were still around.

BiscuitEater
04-12-2021, 11:04 AM

And, as if by Magic, we score 10 runs in a single inning, 19 in the game, 32 in a single series, get another seep!

Commercecomet24
04-12-2021, 11:05 AM
It's bad when the umps make you wish John McSherry and Eric Gregg were still around.

LOL! Eric Gregg strike zone was so big he made little league umpires uncomfortable!

shoeless joe
04-13-2021, 01:15 PM
LOL! Eric Gregg strike zone was so big he made little league umpires uncomfortable!

Don’t know how many statues the Marlins have erected...but if Eric Gregg wasn’t the first it was misappropriated.

Commercecomet24
04-13-2021, 01:15 PM
Don’t know how many statues the Marlins have erected...but if Eric Gregg wasn’t the first it was misappropriated.

You are correct, sir!

MaroonFlounder
04-13-2021, 04:12 PM

Actually, the Braves bullpen is garbage. Continue to relinquish leads. Should have kept Melancon.

Commercecomet24
04-13-2021, 06:41 PM
Actually, the Braves bullpen is garbage. Continue to relinquish leads. Should have kept Melancon.

I agree should've kept melancon and green. Martin the only one I currently trust and he's injured.

BrunswickDawg
04-13-2021, 07:09 PM
I agree should've kept melancon and green. Martin the only one I currently trust and he's injured.

I feel like it's been the Achilles heel for the organization for most of the past 30 years. And the years they've had a pen, the starters have been suspect.

Commercecomet24
04-13-2021, 07:34 PM
I feel like it's been the Achilles heel for the organization for most of the past 30 years. And the years they've had a pen, the starters have been suspect.

I feel your pain! Exactly!

Commercecomet24
04-13-2021, 07:35 PM

The pen cost us the 92 World Series and the 96 World Series

Bulldog1
04-14-2021, 07:58 PM
Should be 5-4 now. But no...

Bulldog1
04-14-2021, 08:41 PM
Acuna is unreal