PDA

View Full Version : Men's Final Four

RocketDawg
04-03-2021, 06:55 PM
Tuned in the Houston/Baylor game and Houston was behind by 20. Turned away, then came back and looks like the intermission entertainment is Miley Cyrus. She's actually pretty good - don't think I've ever heard her sing before, just heard about her antics. She's doing a cover of Blondie's "Heart of Glass" at the moment - she's not quite as good as Blondie.

Can 11 UCLA beat 1 Gonzaga? I doubt it, but it would be a huge upset.

Ari Gold
04-03-2021, 07:10 PM
Tuned in the Houston/Baylor game and Houston was behind by 20. Turned away, then came back and looks like the intermission entertainment is Miley Cyrus. She's actually pretty good - don't think I've ever heard her sing before, just heard about her antics. She's doing a cover of Blondie's "Heart of Glass" at the moment - she's not quite as good as Blondie.

That was the most embarrassing thing I have seen in a long time.. and I wasn’t referring to the beat down Baylor gave Houston

RocketDawg
04-03-2021, 07:59 PM
UCLA is hanging with them early on. Presumably Gonzaga has more depth and talent though, so it won't last long.

Saltydog
04-03-2021, 08:14 PM
UCLA is playing extremely well thus far and shooting well. I will say this though, Gonzaga's offense is a thing of beauty. They move the ball so well and the ball doesn't stay in anyones hands too long. Very refreshing to watch after seeing Howland's stagnant "o". A damn zombie could guard our guys.

RocketDawg
04-03-2021, 08:21 PM
Neither team is shooting free throws very well. Just like us for most of the year.

Hard to believe UCLA was only an 11 seed.

msstate7
04-03-2021, 08:37 PM
Let me preface with I hate both of these teams, so I'm not biased. These announcers are praising every basket by Gonzaga while every UCLA basket is sort of an afterthought. It is clear who they want to win

RocketDawg
04-03-2021, 09:43 PM
Let me preface with I hate both of these teams, so I'm not biased. These announcers are praising every basket by Gonzaga while every UCLA basket is sort of an afterthought. It is clear who they want to win

Gonzaga has morphed into the Alabama of basketball in the 21st century as far as announcer support goes.

Bulldog1
04-03-2021, 10:13 PM
What a game...

RocketDawg
04-03-2021, 10:14 PM
Best game I've seen in a loooooong time. Can't believe the ending.

Rex54
04-03-2021, 10:14 PM
Baylor wins Monday night.

ZedFedder
04-03-2021, 10:15 PM
What a freaking game.

LC Dawg
04-03-2021, 10:16 PM
That was an awesome game.

DownwardDawg
04-03-2021, 10:26 PM
That was the most embarrassing thing I have seen in a long time.. and I wasn’t referring to the beat down Baylor gave Houston

Thankful I miss crap like that. Sounds cringe worthy.

Saltydog
04-03-2021, 10:27 PM
Dang....Best game I've seen in years......UCLA underperformed all year if they were an eleven seed because they have some players......

KB21
04-03-2021, 10:38 PM
Hell of a game! That?s one of the best games I?ve seen since Duke Kentucky 1992.

Commercecomet24
04-03-2021, 11:00 PM
Hell of a game! That?s one of the best games I?ve seen since Duke Kentucky 1992.

Agreed. That duke/uk maybe the best basketball game Ive ever watched but this was a dang good one too!

Dawg_Lover
04-03-2021, 11:09 PM
Both teams played their hearts out for 45 minutes, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Who do y?all think will win Monday, and why?

Saltydog
04-03-2021, 11:14 PM
I'd like to see Gonzaga win but personally, I think Baylor is better defensively and more athletic and will win. With that said, it certainly wouldn't surprise me to see Gonzaga win. Both of these teams are extremely well coached.

Commercecomet24
04-03-2021, 11:17 PM
Both teams played their hearts out for 45 minutes, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Who do y?all think will win Monday, and why?

Agreed both teams left it all on the court. I'm pulling for Gonzaga but Baylor is dang good. Should be a great game!

smootness
04-04-2021, 05:59 AM
Gonzaga by about 10.

Dawg_Lover
04-04-2021, 07:28 AM
Thanks everybody. Appreciate the insight. Still trying to decide who to pull for. Thinking I just may have to pull for the ?little guy? university wise, Gonzaga. Tomorrow?s the day, then next weekend, The Masters. Yay! This year is flying.

Everyone have a very nice Easter!

msstate7
04-04-2021, 07:46 AM
Gonzaga by about 10.

I'd take those 10 points. I think Baylor outright

R2Dawg
04-04-2021, 07:51 AM
Neither team is shooting free throws very well. Just like us for most of the year.

Hard to believe UCLA was only an 11 seed.

Yeah and UCLA was the play in game too. That will be a trivia question one day.

R2Dawg
04-04-2021, 07:52 AM

Not a big Miley fan but she is pretty good. It wasn't as bad a scene as I thought it would be either.

R2Dawg
04-04-2021, 07:54 AM
Gonzaga has morphed into the Alabama of basketball in the 21st century as far as announcer support goes.

True, in the absence of UK, UNC, Duke, Kansas where else does the media cling to?

Ari Gold
04-04-2021, 09:47 AM
UCLA is playing extremely well thus far and shooting well. I will say this though, Gonzaga's offense is a thing of beauty. They move the ball so well and the ball doesn't stay in anyones hands too long. Very refreshing to watch after seeing Howland's stagnant "o". A damn zombie could guard our guys.

Im sure if CBH had Timmie at the 5 and Suggs at the 2 our offense would look a bit different...
But any chance to throw a CBH sucks take in is about par for the course.

Ari Gold
04-04-2021, 09:55 AM
So what if Nantz and the boys give a little more love to the Zags.. they are in fact undefeated and on the cusp of doing something that hasn’t been done in almost 40 years..
Much better than Vitale giving hand jobs to Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UNC, Mich State.. and then swallowing Coach K

What a freshening final four
Zags, UCLA, Houston, Baylor.

Too bad the college football playoffs aren’t as entertaining

Ari Gold
04-04-2021, 09:57 AM
Thanks everybody. Appreciate the insight. Still trying to decide who to pull for. Thinking I just may have to pull for the ?little guy? university wise, Gonzaga. Tomorrow?s the day, then next weekend, The Masters. Yay! This year is flying.

Everyone have a very nice Easter!

Agree.. it’s the greatest 3-4 weeks in sports period.
March madness , baseball opening day and week and The Masters..

Saltydog
04-04-2021, 10:05 AM
It wouldn't matter because with Howland it's lather, rinse, repeat.......The more things change, the more they stay the same.......

Rex54
04-05-2021, 08:51 PM
Baylor wins Monday night.

Looking good

Dawg_Lover
04-05-2021, 09:25 PM
Whew ... Baylor defense was like somebody stomped on a fire ant hill ... they were everywhere!
Hopefully Zags can recover.

msstate7
04-05-2021, 09:51 PM
Whew ... Baylor defense was like somebody stomped on a fire ant hill ... they were everywhere!
Hopefully Zags can recover.

They done.

msstate7
04-05-2021, 10:02 PM
No one can take that west coast conference championship from them though.

William Tecumsah Sherman
04-05-2021, 10:20 PM
Baylor?s defense is unreal. They have been in the Zags ass all night.

msstate7
04-05-2021, 10:25 PM
Baylor?s defense is unreal. They have been in the Zags ass all night.

The difference in physicality is the difference. It's the reason I called Baylor outright. Gonzaga is a finesse team, and Baylor is just way too tough for them

Dawg_Lover
04-05-2021, 10:42 PM
The difference in physicality is the difference. It's the reason I called Baylor outright. Gonzaga is a finesse team, and Baylor is just way too tough for them

True. Props to Baylor, for the win. And props to Gonzaga for a great season.

Commercecomet24
04-06-2021, 09:07 AM
Baylors spacing on offense is a thing of beauty, wish we could add some of that to our offense.

StarkVegasSteve
04-06-2021, 10:02 AM
The main difference was athleticism. Baylor literally just ran iso for the two guards all night and Gonzaga had absolutely no answer for it. They couldn't stay in front of Baylor at any point in the game.

R2Dawg
04-06-2021, 01:01 PM
The main difference was athleticism. Baylor literally just ran iso for the two guards all night and Gonzaga had absolutely no answer for it. They couldn't stay in front of Baylor at any point in the game.

Yep I agree. After 4-5 min, I said this game is over. Once the on ball D broke down is was open shot where ever they wanted it. On other end, same thing - Baylor beat them to their spot every time.

Zags got too much press from OT win and they were also spent (kinda like WBB did with Uconn that year). Zags couldn't beat Baylor this year, plain and simple.

R2Dawg
04-06-2021, 01:02 PM
Another interesting note. 5 times 1 vs 2 in NC game. #2 has won them all.