PDA

View Full Version : Stanford just eliminated South Carolina (Women's Final Four)

RocketDawg
04-02-2021, 07:14 PM
I turned over at halftime and watched the game. It was quite good - hard playing by two well-matched teams.

66-65.

Saltydog
04-02-2021, 07:25 PM
The only news better than Dawn Staley losing would be if we fired NMP......

TimberBeast
04-02-2021, 09:12 PM
We switched from the baseball game to watch the last few minutes, it was great to watch them lose.

maroonmania
04-02-2021, 09:12 PM

I agree. I found myself taking great joy in SC's heartbreaking loss.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-02-2021, 09:21 PM
Too bad for the Lady Cocks...

PGHBulldogBG
04-02-2021, 09:22 PM
Tara just acts like it?s nothing and takes the win. How much would we have to pay to even consider her? Lol

maroonmania
04-02-2021, 09:56 PM
Could be an all-PAC12 final. Arizona going to the 4th Q with a 9 point lead over UCONN.

Irondawg
04-02-2021, 10:06 PM
Arizona is playing as good of defense as you will find

R2Dawg
04-02-2021, 10:07 PM

Agree that.

DownwardDawg
04-02-2021, 10:15 PM

Agree. Staley makes me hate a women's sports team for the first time in my life. Strange.

TimberBeast
04-02-2021, 11:02 PM
Nice to see uconn lose too but I absolutely hate to see an all pac final.

Quaoarsking
04-02-2021, 11:10 PM
Morgan William broke UConn.

I mean, they're still an outstanding program, but that's 4 straight times losing at the final 4 stage.

trojandawg
04-02-2021, 11:24 PM
I found it annoying that instead of showing Stanford celebrating they chose to focus on South Carolina. Espn always sucks at not showing favoritism in the games they broadcast.

Homedawg
04-02-2021, 11:30 PM

It would cost 2.25 million on a sport that loses millions a year to fire her. After her one year it's a fire that cant be fixe any time soon. Just cut your losses and let her serve her time. Oh well

BeardoMSU
04-02-2021, 11:42 PM

I mean, they're still an outstanding program, but that's 4 straight times losing at the final 4 stage.

Very true.

Cooterpoot
04-03-2021, 06:21 AM
Like on EliteDawgs, the cocks come up short.

Saltydog
04-03-2021, 07:41 AM
It would cost 2.25 million on a sport that loses millions a year to fire her. After her one year it's a fire that cant be fixe any time soon. Just cut your losses and let her serve her time. Oh well
I?m assuming 2.25 MM is buyout but what?s the true cost of keeping her, other than setting our program back two decades? The
WBB team was packing the Hump, right. The program may very well be losing money but think of what we?ll lose by keeping her because those ticket sales are going to plummet. I know season ticket holders that are not going to renew. Not trying to be argumentative but ascertaining the true cost of keeping her goes deeper than just the buyout.

R2Dawg
04-03-2021, 07:44 AM

Boy it appears so. I'm still waiting for the 30 for 30 on this.

R2Dawg
04-03-2021, 07:45 AM

Did we really give her a 2.25 buyout? If so that is the dumbest thing ever. Another reason our AD is in over his head.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-03-2021, 08:48 AM
Did we really give her a 2.25 buyout? If so that is the dumbest thing ever. Another reason our AD is in over his head.
We could have got Johnnie for probably $500K and have been a lot better off.

Homedawg
04-03-2021, 09:02 AM

She makes 750 a year. 750x3 =2.25. Think she's just going to walk away for less? Nope

Homedawg
04-03-2021, 09:03 AM
We could have got Johnnie for probably $500K and have been a lot better off.
Hiring Johnnie wasn't the answer and would have been the laziest hire ever. This one clearly didn't work. But Johnnie wasn't it either.

maroonmania
04-04-2021, 09:22 PM
Hiring Johnnie wasn't the answer and would have been the laziest hire ever. This one clearly didn't work. But Johnnie wasn't it either.

I would definitely disagree that it would have been lazy if it was something that could have maintained the culture VS had put in place, especially given the fact that the pandemic put any new coach coming in at a huge disadvantage trying to connect with their new team. Anyway the proof will be in the pudding when we see what she does at Auburn. If she is even pretty good at Auburn then I have no doubt she would have been very good taking over for VS at MSU. If not then we will see that too. I personally don't believe you can totally know how good of a HC anyone will be moving up from an assistant's role until they actually do it and have the opportunity to be in charge.

The true lazy hire was in softball where we promoted the assistant coach of a HC we fired because of being mediocre. That is just about the definition of lazy and something you will hardly ever see. I can see an assistant getting the HC job if the HC had a good program but lost the job for off field issues but not because they were running a losing program. Now we appear to be even worse than we were with Steudemann.