PDA

View Full Version : All Star Game out of Atlanta

William Tecumsah Sherman
04-02-2021, 02:33 PM
MLB moves game out of Atlanta due to new voting law

msstate7
04-02-2021, 02:40 PM
81 regular season games (and hopefully some playoff games) ok though. Mlb hypocrite much?

Rex54
04-02-2021, 02:56 PM
Just in case you didn't already know, we live in ClownWorld

KOdawg1
04-02-2021, 03:09 PM
Just a joke. MLB can play a game in communist Cuba, but requiring an ID to vote is just too much to ignore I guess.

WinningIsRelentless
04-02-2021, 03:26 PM
Just a joke. MLB can play a game in communist Cuba, but requiring an ID to vote is just too much to ignore I guess.

But the law doesn?t require a id. It replaces a signature that matches the file to either dl number, state issued id number or last 4 of social.

MaroonFlounder
04-02-2021, 03:26 PM

They want a situation in which there will never be another GOP winner in a major office.

Mass Mail-in ballots with no verification. Dead people voting. Machines that are easily hacked.
They are brazen as hell about it, and they don't care that it's fraudulent.

BeardoMSU
04-02-2021, 03:28 PM
They want a situation in which there will never be another GOP winner in a major office.

Mass Mail-in ballots with no verification. Dead people voting. Machines that are easily hacked.
They are brazen as hell about it, and they don't care that it's fraudulent.

Stop listening to Sidney Powell.

BrunswickDawg
04-02-2021, 03:48 PM

Sindney "no reasonable person would believe what I say" Powell??? Kraken my ass

Irondawg
04-02-2021, 03:49 PM
MLB is just reacting to the Jim Crow headlines and Twitter trolls and not the actual contents of the law (some of which aren?t the best probably but a far cry from Jim Crow).

Same song, different verse

William Tecumsah Sherman
04-02-2021, 03:52 PM
Mob rules in today?s society.

Rex54
04-02-2021, 04:03 PM

No problem playing in states with late term abortion or puberty blockers to children.

BrunswickDawg
04-02-2021, 04:04 PM
Most of it is minutia. The primary issues are the changes to the State Election Board. First, it removes the Secretary of State as the Chair and replaces him with an appointee of the Legislature. It can be argued this violates the State Constitution, as the Constitution gives the SOS the power of oversight of elections. Second, it gives that Elections Board the power to declare that a county elections board is derelict in their duties and can allow that counties votes to be thrown out. Which, if you follow Georgia politics, you know that this opens a window for partisan accusations to overturn local control and will be a tool for shenanigans (regardless of party). As I tell my non-Georgia friends - all you need to know about Georgia politics can be learned by reading about the Yazoo Land Frauds.

Rex54
04-02-2021, 04:04 PM
They want a situation in which there will never be another GOP winner in a major office. .

As if that matters...

BeardoMSU
04-02-2021, 04:10 PM
First, it removes the Secretary of State as the Chair and replaces him with an appointee of the Legislature.

And this is just a petty move of punishment for not violating his oath of office. The grift continues. Good job, guys.

Saltydog
04-02-2021, 04:36 PM
Deleted

William Tecumsah Sherman
04-02-2021, 04:38 PM
Why sports leagues wade into politics is beyond stupid.

William Tecumsah Sherman
04-02-2021, 04:41 PM
And, ironically, it hurts the blue city of Atlanta.

Rex54
04-02-2021, 04:42 PM
I'm sure it's possible to tally the thousands of dollars in economic costs to blacks in Atlanta not having the game there anymore. I'm glad they are making the move though, more opportunities to highlight the fact that big business isn't your friend.

Rex54
04-02-2021, 04:43 PM
Why sports leagues wade into politics is beyond stupid.

Everything is politics. "Leave me alone" conservatives - this is why you lose.

BrunswickDawg
04-02-2021, 04:46 PM
And this is just a petty move of punishment for not violating his oath of office. The grift continues. Good job, guys.

Here's one better - Section 16 of the law allows any individual the ability to challenge the validity of the vote of an unlimited number of people within their district with no proof of malfeasance - just an accusation after the fact. So you will see more of the "dead voter" malarkey come up as an attempt to nullify votes. FYI - every "dead voter" allegation that was made by the Kraken crew in Georgia was proven wrong

BeardoMSU
04-02-2021, 04:50 PM
Here's one better - Section 16 of the law allows any individual the ability to challenge the validity of the vote of an unlimited number of people within their district with no proof of malfeasance - just an accusation after the fact. So you will see more of the "dead voter" malarkey come up as an attempt to nullify votes. FYI - every "dead voter" allegation that was made by the Kraken crew in Georgia was proven wrong

Yep. Insane.

MaroonFlounder
04-02-2021, 05:22 PM
As if that matters...

It doesn't, because both parties are morons, but the Dems will have a monopoly due to voting day tactics.

BeardoMSU
04-02-2021, 05:29 PM
due to voting day tactics.

No they won't, because these "tactics", as you call them, have all been proven to be baseless grifts by opportunistic grifters who knew they were telling bald-faced lies. Literally every single example of fraud has been thoroughly explained, debunked, or flat out proven to bogus. Every. Single. One. (fyi...in most cases by Republican state office holders).

Check.

Your move.

MaroonFlounder
04-02-2021, 05:41 PM
No they won't, because these "tactics", as you call them, have all been proven to be baseless grifts by opportunistic grifters who knew they were telling bald-faced lies. Literally every single example of fraud has been thoroughly explained, debunked, or flat out proven to bogus. Every. Single. One. (fyi...in most cases by Republican state office holders).

Check.

Your move.

Not gonna argue.

The videos are very incriminating, you just choose to ignore them, just like every court that was scared to look at the evidence.

BeardoMSU
04-02-2021, 05:45 PM
Not gonna argue.

The videos are very incriminating, you just choose to ignore them, just like every court that was scared to look at the evidence.

Yeah....every court in the land....all those conservative appointed judges....event SCOTUS....all scared....

Christ, man.

And I'm not ignoring anything. And this isn't an argument.

MaroonFlounder
04-02-2021, 06:08 PM
Yeah....every court in the land....all those conservative appointed judges....event SCOTUS....all scared....

Christ, man.

And I'm not ignoring anything. And this isn't an argument.

Conservative appointed judges who were pro-establishment anti-Trumpers, including the Chief Justice who was overheard yelling at the other SCOTUS judges that they weren't going forward with the fraud case because it would spark more protests/riots.

BeardoMSU
04-02-2021, 06:08 PM
you just choose to ignore them

Also...just fyi...something that you're choosing to ignore, is the fact that every time Giuliani, Jenna Ellis, Powell, and their team of grifters went before a judge, and actually had a chance to present their case.....they didn't. Instead, they withdrew every suit when faced with....what you may ask? Being under oath in a court of law. Spewing absolutely baseless bull shit to the public is legal, lying to a court is not.

Discover check.

Your move.

BeardoMSU
04-02-2021, 06:10 PM
Conservative appointed judges who were pro-establishment anti-Trumpers, including the Chief Justice that was overheard yelling at the other SCOTUS judges that they weren't going forward with the fraud case because it would spark more protests/riots.

So following the constitution and the law, rather than swearing fealty to one man, makes them "pro-establishment anti-Trumpers"?

RocketDawg
04-02-2021, 06:11 PM
And, ironically, it hurts the blue city of Atlanta.

Isn't the stadium actually in Marietta?

Saltydog
04-02-2021, 06:16 PM
Effing stupid. So, MLB wants to move the game out of predominantly black city that will lose millions in revenue as a result. SMH. Oh yeah, MLB is now cronies with China. They've been spending millions there and now have the MLB China network. Makes perfect sense.

RocketDawg
04-02-2021, 06:22 PM
Also...just fyi...something that you're choosing to ignore, is the fact that every time Giuliani, Jenna Ellis, Powell, and their team of grifters went before a judge, and actually had a chance to present their case.....they didn't. Instead, they withdrew every suit when faced with....what you may ask? Being under oath in a court of law. Spewing absolutely baseless bull shit to the public is legal, lying to a court is not.

Discover check.

Your move.

Good thing it's legal, because if it was against the law just about every politician would be in jail, including the POTUS and VPOTUS.

MaroonFlounder
04-02-2021, 06:23 PM

Discover check.

Your move.

I'm not a Q anon guy. FYI. I'm not sure why you think we are playing chess. Why so sensitive. This is America and I can choose to believe that there is no way that Biden got 81 million legitimate votes. And I'm not even a huge Trump guy, just a guy that doesn't think we should bow to China or surrender our freedoms

The Federalist Engineer
04-02-2021, 06:24 PM
Every western country in the world uses a voter ID. It is not even just advanced and rich countries. Brazil has a specific voter ID

ID to drive, fly, enter the country, check baggage, etc...

I give credit to the Democrats though, they love to cheat in elections. From Tontine Fraud, Tammany Hall to Landslide Johnson just a brilliant legacy of cheating and fraud.

Folks forget that Tontine fraud was the reason Hamilton called Burr “dangerous” which was the insult that prompted the duel. Yeah the musical is garbage and non historical. Hamilton wanted a more strict republic where only the top guys would vote.

Imagine a world where only people over 28 voted? How about over 28 and a minimum of 5 W2’s showing you are a self sufficient person.

But even voter ID can cause fraud, Venezuela was producing fake IDs to cheat the elections of neighboring nations, they got caught in Central America

RocketDawg
04-02-2021, 06:25 PM

I just fact checked myself. Truist Park (Braves Stadium) is located in Cumberland, Georgia. That's not Marietta but it is in Cobb County. It's in the Atlanta metro for sure, but not in the city itself.

Saltydog
04-02-2021, 06:27 PM
Georgia has offered to give everyone free ID and yet they are still bitching, SMH......

Irondawg
I think anyone that doesn?t think we need to tighten rules around mail in votes and absentee ballots is an idiot.

Because if there was a loophole exploited this time then next time the other side will try to exploit it to and it just magnifies problems.

The problem is that we have one saying saying massive voter fraud and the other side screaming Jim Crow and neither side is probably right.

BeardoMSU
including every POTUS and VPOTUS.

FIFY.**

Lol, but seriously...typical "lies" in the name of politics is quite normal, and not something I'm fond of either, btw...it makes the American political environment quite nauseating, to be honest (from both sides). It's when it rises to the point of attempting to overthrow an election (and sacking the Capitol) that makes those lies a bit more problematic.

BeardoMSU
04-02-2021, 06:31 PM
I'm not a Q anon guy. FYI. I'm not sure why you think we are playing chess. Why so sensitive. This is America and I can choose to believe that there is no way that Biden got 81 million legitimate votes. And I'm not even a huge Trump guy, just a guy that doesn't think we should bow to China or surrender our freedoms

I didn't mention Q...so not sure why you felt the need to bring it up....

Sure, you can believe whatever you want. Literally anything. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Hell, the Catholic Church believed the Earth was at the center of the Universe, despite Galileo being like "Na....just look through this telescope, and you'll see the light"...

Rex54
04-02-2021, 06:32 PM
Oh yeah, MLB is now cronies with China. They've been spending millions there and now have the MLB China network. Makes perfect sense.

Conservatism is retarded.

BeardoMSU
04-02-2021, 06:37 PM

One more thing...if you don't want to lose elections...a good strategy to consider in the future, is not have the leader of your party basically sabotage the whole thing by telling his constituents to not vote because the whole system is rigged. Just an idea.

RocketDawg
04-02-2021, 06:37 PM
I think anyone that doesn?t think we need to tighten rules around mail in votes and absentee ballots is an idiot.

Because if there was a loophole exploited this time then next time the other side will try to exploit it to and it just magnifies problems.

The problem is that we have one saying saying massive voter fraud and the other side screaming Jim Crow and neither side is probably right.

It's not so much saying there actually was voter fraud, it's that open mail-in voting without ID, and even voting in person without ID, is more prone to fraud. Rules need to protect the rights of everyone to vote, but only vote once, and to prove they are a citizen of the US and the state they're voting in, and to prove they are who they say they are. Seems pretty simple and something everybody would agree to.

RocketDawg
04-02-2021, 06:39 PM
One more thing...if you don't want to lose elections...a good strategy to consider in the future, is not have the leader of your party basically sabotage the whole thing by telling his constituents to not vote because the whole system is rigged. Just an idea.

There's very little doubt in my mind that the Republicans would still have the senate majority if Trump hadn't so vigorously campaigned for the two Republican candidates. He should have expressed his support, then stayed out of it.

Saltydog
04-02-2021, 06:39 PM
Strong comeback (rolls eyes). I thought liberals weren't supposed to use the word retard. The PC police are going to be on your ass.

The Federalist Engineer
04-02-2021, 06:40 PM

America being the richest country and the federal budget being greater than most of world combined, why wouldn’t you cheat if you are China, Venezuela, or Hezbollah

Plus, America has so many special interest cults. The cult of Imperial War. Transgender Cult, Environmental Cult, and just regular thieves like hedge funds and trial lawyers.

Venezuela and Iran have actually been caught financing political parties in Europe. Iran and Hezbollah actually have been caught owning National leaders in Argentina.

RocketDawg
04-02-2021, 06:41 PM
FIFY.**

Lol, but seriously...typical "lies" in the name of politics is quite normal, and not something I'm fond of either, btw...it makes the American political environment quite nauseating, to be honest (from both sides). It's when it rises to the point of attempting to overthrow an election (and sacking the Capitol) that makes those lies a bit more problematic.

Just so you know - yes, every POTUS and VPOTUS, not just the current Harris administration. **

Rex54
04-02-2021, 06:41 PM
just a guy that doesn't think we should bow to China or surrender our freedoms

This country is an open air insane asylum

Rex54
04-02-2021, 06:42 PM
Strong comeback (rolls eyes). I thought liberals weren't supposed to use the word retard. The PC police are going to be on your ass.

Liberalism is retarded too

Saltydog
04-02-2021, 06:44 PM
You've obviously ran out of your meds. Could be a long weekend, folks.......

maroonmania
It doesn't, because both parties are morons, but the Dems will have a monopoly due to voting day tactics.

I've already said that a conservative candidate will never win the popular vote again. If the electoral college goes away you probably would never see another Republican president. The Republican candidate has only won the popular vote one time since 1988 and that was in 2004 (GW Bush's re-election). in every other presidential election the democrat hasn't gotten the most votes.

Dawgfan77
Beard is like every other lib. They haven't read the law just reacting cuz there lib friends say it's bad.

William Tecumsah Sherman
04-02-2021, 06:45 PM
Regardless if the law is pointless, why do sports leagues get involved? It?s bad for business. The state of our society right now is just unbelievable

Rex54
04-02-2021, 06:46 PM
Plus, America has so many special interest cults. The cult of Imperial War. Transgender Cult and just regular thieves like hedge funds and trial lawyers. .

Why repeat yourself so many times.

Iran

Oh god neoconservatism is back on the menu...

Rex54
04-02-2021, 06:48 PM
I've already said that a conservative candidate will never win the popular vote again.

While all you worried about was taxes and the stock market you were quietly and stealthily replaced. Demographics = Destiny

Rex54
04-02-2021, 06:48 PM
Regardless if the law is pointless, why do sports leagues get involved?

Ritual humiliation

RocketDawg
04-02-2021, 06:49 PM
Beard is like every other lib. They haven't read the law just reacting cuz there lib friends say it's bad.

I doubt Biden has read it either, yet he feels justified in calling it a Jim Crow law. For that matter, many of the Georgia legislators may not have read it either, if they follow the US Congress's lead.

BeardoMSU
04-02-2021, 06:49 PM

Yeah, I'm clearly not informed on the matter.**

Saltydog
04-02-2021, 06:51 PM
Same with big business. Delta airlines is spouting their b.s. about the law and the Georgia legislature has had discussion of revoking their tax exemption status. Good for them. Bout time somebody stood up to this b.s.

Dawgfan77
04-02-2021, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I'm clearly not informed on the matter.**
If you have then tell us what we are missing??? NY has stricter laws so does PA. But by all means explain to us what's so bad about the law. My guess you can't

Gutter Cobreh
04-02-2021, 06:59 PM
Most of it is minutia. The primary issues are the changes to the State Election Board. First, it removes the Secretary of State as the Chair and replaces him with an appointee of the Legislature. It can be argued this violates the State Constitution, as the Constitution gives the SOS the power of oversight of elections. Second, it gives that Elections Board the power to declare that a county elections board is derelict in their duties and can allow that counties votes to be thrown out. Which, if you follow Georgia politics, you know that this opens a window for partisan accusations to overturn local control and will be a tool for shenanigans (regardless of party). As I tell my non-Georgia friends - all you need to know about Georgia politics can be learned by reading about the Yazoo Land Frauds.

EXCELLENT POSTS!!!!

This is EXACTLY the issue at hand! I find it funny that a Republican SofS stood up to Trump and said no nefarious actions occurred, yet the MAGA folks keep drinking the kool-aid.

I'd rep. you both, but I have to spread it around.

BeardoMSU
04-02-2021, 07:01 PM
If you have then tell us what we are missing??? NY has stricter laws so does PA. But by all means explain to us what's so bad about the law. My guess you can't

What am I discussing? 2020 election stuff.

Show me where I'm BSing.

Dawgfan77
04-02-2021, 07:05 PM
What am I discussing? 2020 election stuff.
Show me where I'm BSing.
Your response is all I need
You argue about a law that only thing you know about is what MSNBC or CNN say. I asked your issue with the law and you can't answer typical lib rebuttal.

BeardoMSU
04-02-2021, 07:08 PM
Your response is all I need
You argue about a law that only thing you know about is what MSNBC or CNN say. I asked your issue with the law and you can't answer typical lib rebuttal.

WTF you talking about? My first 2 posts in this thread discuss (some) issues with the law, as does another poster's. Pretty clear. The rest of my posts have been exclusively directed at the big lie of a stolen 2020 election.

Its not my fault you can't follow along.

BrunswickDawg
04-02-2021, 07:14 PM

Yes - Marietta

BrunswickDawg
04-02-2021, 07:25 PM
EXCELLENT POSTS!!!!

This is EXACTLY the issue at hand! I find it funny that a Republican SofS stood up to Trump and said no nefarious actions occurred, yet the MAGA folks keep drinking the kool-aid.

I'd rep. you both, but I have to spread it around.

I'm a fan of Brad Raffensberger (SOS) and Gabriel Sterling (his chief elections official), as well as our LT. Gov Geoff Duncan - all three have stood up for the law. And, as a Democrat Georgia voter, both Raff and Duncan have won my support in the next election. Believe it or not, I became a fan of former Governor Nathan Deal - as he continually stood up against things like this bill and understood what was in the best interest of the people and not a party.

William Tecumsah Sherman
04-02-2021, 08:29 PM
For the Dems on the board, do you think MLB or any other sports leagues shoplifting get involved in politics?

BrunswickDawg
04-02-2021, 08:40 PM
For the Dems on the board, do you think MLB or any other sports leagues shoplifting get involved in politics?

Well, since the Supreme Court determined that corporations are afforded the same rights as people (money=speech), it's their right. You can't court their support thru political donations and then get all pissy when they disagree with you.

BeardoMSU
04-02-2021, 08:40 PM

Well, sports have been political for ages, but yes, I agree that this move by MLB is dumb, and it just hurts the people of Georgia (several Dem politicians have already expressed their displeasure with the idea of a Georgia boycott for that very reason). The NBA being woke regarding America, but totally turning a blind eye to China is also horrible. The NFL essentially allowing rape and abuse go buy as long as you can play the game, too. But in the end, these are private companies, and they can chose to do what they want.

Quaoarsking
04-02-2021, 08:44 PM

I wouldn't do it if I were the commissioner, because wherever they move the All-Star Game to is going to have some bad laws on the books too and make the MLB look hypocritical.

It would be one thing if the Braves or the stadium had sponsored and lobbied for the law, but otherwise you're punishing the wrong people here.

Gutter Cobreh
04-02-2021, 08:45 PM
I'm a fan of Brad Raffensberger (SOS) and Gabriel Sterling (his chief elections official), as well as our LT. Gov Geoff Duncan - all three have stood up for the law. And, as a Democrat Georgia voter, both Raff and Duncan have won my support in the next election. Believe it or not, I became a fan of former Governor Nathan Deal - as he continually stood up against things like this bill and understood what was in the best interest of the people and not a party.

Feel the exact same!

Not sure I understand your question, but if it brings awareness to the general public - I'm all for it. It spawned a discussion on here of all places. Quarantine happened because the NBA shut things down. You aren't going to separate politics and sports at this point in our society.

Also, money talks. Let the state lose enough revenue and changes will occur.

Rex54
04-02-2021, 08:57 PM

Not a Dem, but everything is political. You can choose to not participate, but that's why you conservatives lose all the time on everything for decades. Keep running on your "Durr business good gubmit bad cut taxes moar" though as your civilization crumbles.

Irondawg
04-02-2021, 09:25 PM
I wouldn't do it if I were the commissioner, because wherever they move the All-Star Game to is going to have some bad laws on the books too and make the MLB look hypocritical.

It would be one thing if the Braves or the stadium had sponsored and lobbied for the law, but otherwise you're punishing the wrong people here.
This we agree on 100 %

msstate7
04-02-2021, 09:46 PM

They'll probably move it to NY where the governor has a couple scandals going, but it won't matter bc it's a blue state.

BrunswickDawg
04-02-2021, 09:48 PM

Agree. They won't find a "pure" state, just like the wokes won't, and the Republicans who cry "RINO" about everyone who isn't in lock step in their party won't. It's constant circular firing squad.

WinningIsRelentless
04-02-2021, 09:51 PM
This we agree on 100 %

What?s the difference between this and people
Protesting football because maybe 10 people a game kneeled during the national anthem?

msstate7
04-02-2021, 09:56 PM
What?s the difference between this and people
Protesting football because maybe 10 people a game kneeled during the national anthem?

Did the nfl move a game over that?

WinningIsRelentless
04-02-2021, 09:59 PM
Did the nfl move a game over that?

Nope but I?m this discussion the NFL would be the state of GA and MLB would be the people boycotting watching football.

R2Dawg
04-02-2021, 10:01 PM

Doesn't matter who said it. Requiring voter ID is not voter suppression. You can't do hardly anything without ID. Been doing it my whole life.

Yes people are illegal voting and it favors one side. The one party system is what the left wants. Obvious as anything. When will folks wake up. I guess too many are woke up.

WinningIsRelentless
04-02-2021, 10:07 PM
Doesn't matter who said it. Requiring voter ID is not voter suppression. You can't do hardly anything without ID. Been doing it my whole life.

Yes people are illegal voting and it favors one side. The one party system is what the left wants. Obvious as anything. When will folks wake up. I guess too many are woke up.

I?m a moderate republican man and this law in GA doesn?t require a id. People need to understand that. If it did we wouldn?t be having this conversation.

msstate7
04-02-2021, 10:14 PM
I?m a moderate republican man and this law in GA doesn?t require a id. People need to understand that. If it did we wouldn?t be having this conversation.

It does to vote absentee

BrunswickDawg
04-02-2021, 10:20 PM

Exactly - Georgia has had voter ID for over a decade. the ID/SS # requirement for absentee is not a bad idea - I thought was a a flaw in the GA voter ID for years. They also did some good in lengthening early voting. But, the law blatantly creates some openings for abuse by the State Elections Board, made runoff absentee and early voting more difficult by shortening timeframes, and created a huge window for chaos with the clause allowing voters to challenge validity of another persons vote without proof.

Rex54
04-02-2021, 10:25 PM
I'm a moderate republican

So you like the worst aspects of both left and right. Literally the most contemptible "type" on the political spectrum.

WinningIsRelentless
04-02-2021, 10:27 PM

It does to vote absentee

Literally all it requires is dl number, state id number or last 4 of social. Its not like they are requiring a photo id. You could make a cause that the matching signature that was required before is more secure than these three.

WinningIsRelentless
04-02-2021, 10:32 PM
So you like the worst aspects of both left and right. Literally the most contemptible "type" on the political spectrum.

Nope. But you can keep thinking that.

BeardoMSU
04-02-2021, 11:52 PM
It's cool everyone, boycotts are good now.**

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EyA2Y31XEAEZuGw?format=jpg&name=large

Quaoarsking
04-03-2021, 12:42 AM

#CancelBaseball

Todd4State
04-03-2021, 01:06 AM
All I'll say is this.

We've had issues with the last two elections and America needs to clean some things up and we need to make sure that actual real, alive citizens are voting. And voting only once. I have no idea why anyone that believes in American ideals has a problem with that unless they just want to cheat and rig elections.

Secondly Rob Manfred should be fired and pulling the All Star Game out of Atlanta over this is complete and utter bullshit. This has zero to do with baseball. ZERO.

TimberBeast
04-03-2021, 01:17 AM
Misdirection works

Commercecomet24
04-03-2021, 01:43 AM
Agree. They won't find a "pure" state, just like the wokes won't, and the Republicans who cry "RINO" about everyone who isn't in lock step in their party won't. It's constant circular firing squad.

Exactly and this is what bothers me the most about all that's going on right now. There's no end game, it's just as you mentioned a constant circular firing squad. We're becoming more and more divided and it sucks.

BiscuitEater
04-03-2021, 04:46 AM

Please list the Courts, dates and rulings that 'proved' every single claim was ' bogus' because I don't think they wanted to see the evidence.

Just because an election official 'claims' there was no fraud is no difference than Sidney Powell claiming there was!

Courts 'prove' or disprove cases based on evidence presented! Not state office holders!!

BiscuitEater
04-03-2021, 05:11 AM
Hell, the Catholic Church believed the Earth was at the center of the Universe, despite Galileo being like "Na....just look through this telescope, and you'll see the light"...

It wasn't just the Church but all the greatest scientists of his day believed the earth center model. The Church just followed the 'science' of the day.

Actual center of our universe is a point in space called the barycenter. The barycenter is very close to the sun but constantly shifts. But, you can go ahead and believe the sun is the center if it makes you feel better.

Rex54
04-03-2021, 05:59 AM
Exactly and this is what bothers me the most about all that's going on right now. There's no end game, it's just as you mentioned a constant circular firing squad. We're becoming more and more divided and it sucks.

There's most definitely and end game. Oh no we're divided boo hoo - those in power set up our society to divide you. That's how they keep their power, divide and conquer. "Democracy" is a joke. But please carry on hoping and wishing things just will magically get better because of "our Ideals" as Todd mentioned. Let's see where that gets you.

Cooterpoot
04-03-2021, 06:39 AM
Nothing is ever as bad as it seems. Things aren't any worse today than 50 years ago. They're actually better.

Rex54
04-03-2021, 07:03 AM
Nothing is ever as bad as it seems. Things aren't any worse today than 50 years ago. They're actually better.

What a pathetic and cowardly cope.

William Tecumsah Sherman
04-03-2021, 07:32 AM
Social media mob is the cause of businesses and corporations bending the knee. When it wasn?t around, it didn?t happen.

R2Dawg
04-03-2021, 07:51 AM

Not sure what lens you are looking thru but newsflash, we ain't better than 50 years ago. Way worse.

R2Dawg
04-03-2021, 07:56 AM
All I'll say is this.

We've had issues with the last two elections and America needs to clean some things up and we need to make sure that actual real, alive citizens are voting. And voting only once. I have no idea why anyone that believes in American ideals has a problem with that unless they just want to cheat and rig elections.

Secondly Rob Manfred should be fired and pulling the All Star Game out of Atlanta over this is complete and utter bullshit. This has zero to do with baseball. ZERO.

Agree. Every American should want fair elections. It is un-American to not want it.

The cancel culture has taken over spinless CEOs everywhere. The high corporate tax ends up hurting all Americans but with the way they are acting, in some way I say stick it to the CEOs. How bout taxing their salary like by 90% and see how they like it. How bout cancel the CEOs in society. They will still have plenty to live on 10% of 3mil a year is enough. They will change their tune then. They are caving to the ones in power thinking it will help them. The left is destroying sports - the one unifying piece of our culture. They don't want to unify America.

The cancel everyone off the face of earth if we don't like you is pure evil, un-American and must go.

R2Dawg
04-03-2021, 07:57 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EyA2Y31XEAEZuGw?format=jpg&name=large

Well it is the only way the little people of American have a voice now. The people in power just want to cancel anyone who disagrees with them. Trump never tried to cancel anyone when he was in charge.

WinningIsRelentless
04-03-2021, 08:14 AM
Look at the end of the day some of the law is good but some of it just paints a picture oppression.

Banning people from passing out water and snacks in long lines is not a good look. I completely understand banning campaigns from being able to pass them out, but banning everyone is just stupid.

Irondawg
04-03-2021, 08:24 AM
Look at the end of the day some of the law is good but some of it just paints a picture oppression.

Banning people from passing out water and snacks in long lines is not a good look. I completely understand banning campaigns from being able to pass them out, but banning everyone is just stupid.

This language could have been written better but it does allow election officials to put out self service water and food.

I don?t know but this seems like one of those laws put in for the express reason of stopping something that was happening. Much like ridiculousness on some warning labels.

The point is that I don?t know when it ends at others have said. These people have to stop catering to Twitter mobs that aren?t the consumers of their products and Trump being even more of a prick isn?t going to help matters.

Once they move it somewhere the alt right will immediately find something in that city or state that is equal or worse then Georgia and start skewering them. MLB just hopes that the media will give them a cookie for their virtue signaling and not run those stories. Otherwise they?ll be stuck in a loop of constantly getting berated by the media for their venue choice.

BrunswickDawg
04-03-2021, 08:47 AM
This language could have been written better but it does allow election officials to put out self service water and food.

I don?t know but this seems like one of those laws put in for the express reason of stopping something that was happening. Much like ridiculousness on some warning labels.

The point is that I don?t know when it ends at others have said. These people have to stop catering to Twitter mobs that aren?t the consumers of their products and Trump being even more of a prick isn?t going to help matters.

Once they move it somewhere the alt right will immediately find something in that city or state that is equal or worse then Georgia and start skewering them. MLB just hopes that the media will give them a cookie for their virtue signaling and not run those stories. Otherwise they?ll be stuck in a loop of constantly getting berated by the media for their venue choice.

Yes - campaigns might have been out giving away water in line. I know special interest groups were. But was that a problem? Again, Georgia already has a ban on any political activity within 250 feet of a polling location. They problem isn't giving out water - the problem is we have lines circling the inside of a school gymnasium, going out the door, and extending more than 250 feet from a building. Why? Because some counties in Georgia have cut the number of voting locations or have not kept up with growth and have not provided enough voting locations, equipment and manpower to make the process efficient and easy for all. Those are the issues the legislature should be working to fix - instead they ban water and won't let someone hold your place in line so you can go pee.

Dawgology
04-03-2021, 09:29 AM
Not sure what lens you are looking thru but newsflash, we ain't better than 50 years ago. Way worse.

You?re kidding right? I always find this argument fascinating. Please explain how they are worse. Not based on hottake media headlines but actual stats. Let?s hear it. We talking health? Life expectancy? Finance? Quality of life? Justice system? I mean...you?re basically saying the success of the civil rights movement and the repealing of Jim Crow Era laws (which ended is the late 60?s early 70?s) led to the US becoming worse. That?s an odd take.

The Federalist Engineer
04-03-2021, 11:12 AM
Same with big business. Delta airlines is spouting their b.s. about the law and the Georgia legislature has had discussion of revoking their tax exemption status. Good for them. Bout time somebody stood up to this b.s.

Another way to consider the situation is the opposite. In NJ and California were you have Left Wing domination.

The corporations and All Star games stay but it?s the middle class that has to leave with the extreme taxation and regulation.

Most companies simply auto Close all California operations as a standard process of M&A. You keep the minimum and move to Nevada. Same with New Jersey.

Cooterpoot
04-03-2021, 11:31 AM
What a pathetic and cowardly cope.

You can be mad at the world. I just live in it. Times are good as a whole. Conspiracy theorists and extreme ideologists are losing their minds. Older folks are missing high school days. Nothing new there.

William Tecumsah Sherman
04-03-2021, 11:39 AM
I agree with Cooter to an extent. The difference is that with media and social media 24/7, everyone hears about every little thing that happens. That makes it seem like it?s bigger or more frequent. But I think it?s just that you hear about more frequently

Cooterpoot
04-03-2021, 11:46 AM
I agree with Cooter to an extent. The difference is that with media and social media 24/7, everyone hears about every little thing that happens. That makes it seem like it?s bigger or more frequent. But I think it?s just that you hear about more frequently

True. And a lot of people saying the world or country is horrible are people of faith and I get that side of it. It's a tough balancing act with that at times. But they're supposed to be the light in the world, not the darkness. Sometimes we've got to look in the mirror. YOU make your life/happiness what it is.

Rex54
04-03-2021, 12:11 PM
Times are good as a whole.

Sure if your only measurement is the stonk market. Many people realize that western civilization is rapidly going extinct though.

Rex54
04-03-2021, 12:14 PM
YOU make your life/happiness what it is.

Radical individualism, forget the collective. More symptoms why conservative ideology is a joke and why all culture is lost.

RocketDawg
04-03-2021, 02:43 PM

The intent is to ban politicians and their supporters from handing out water and snacks. I read on the other board that in black districts the average wait time in Atlanta was 56 minutes. That sounds terrible - if the election was in July or August. But in November? Nobody's going to pass out for lack of water in the chilly temperatures of autumn. Regardless, if people are having to wait an hour to vote something needs to be done about the number of voting precincts.

Beaver
04-03-2021, 03:11 PM

A few questions since you seem much more informed than I am. It seems the Election Board will have a Legislative appointee (who is supposed to be non-partisan but I know that's basically not possible) and then also appointed members of each political party. How does the Board make decisions? Simple majority vote? Is this Board more or less fair than having a elected S.O.S as the Chairperson? Also, I have the bill pulled up, but I can't find where votes can be thrown out by the Board.

Dawgology
04-03-2021, 03:14 PM
Sure if your only measurement is the stonk market. Many people realize that western civilization is rapidly going extinct though.

No. It is not. There are several vocal idiots spouting that nonsense but it is simply not true. There is no quantitative data that proves what you are saying outside of some ultra liberal people on social media and in a few universities spouting that nonsense. I liken this anti-western and anti-American movement to the hippie movement of the 60?s and 70?s. In a decade it will be on the trash heap of history along with the hippie movement and so many others. This is because those that push it are mainly in the 15-25 year old age bracket. Within a few years they will enter into the work force and start careers and accumulating wealth and realize they were spitting lunacy (being led by the nose by a handful of vocal, adult socialists) and had no idea what they were talking about.

Dawgology
04-03-2021, 03:17 PM
A few questions since you seem much more informed than I am. It seems the Election Board will have a Legislative appointee (who is supposed to be non-partisan but I know that's basically not possible) and then also appointed members of each political party. How does the Board make decisions? Simple majority vote? Is this Board more or less fair than having a elected S.O.S as the Chairperson? Also, I have the bill pulled up, but I can't find where votes can be thrown out by the Board.

They cannot. That is propaganda. Much like how democrats originally reported that it would restrict voting hours and keep people from voting, etc. that?s all false. Additionally, food and water can still be given out in line just not within a certain distance from a polling station.

Beaver
04-03-2021, 03:19 PM

So if I'm understanding correctly, section 16 says any challenge of an elector's eligibility must be made BEFORE the challenged elector votes, and/or before absentee ballots are cast. It also states the challenger has the burden of proof. So, I would think this would be an improvement from the last election right?

Beaver
04-03-2021, 03:24 PM
Exactly - Georgia has had voter ID for over a decade. the ID/SS # requirement for absentee is not a bad idea - I thought was a a flaw in the GA voter ID for years. They also did some good in lengthening early voting. But, the law blatantly creates some openings for abuse by the State Elections Board, made runoff absentee and early voting more difficult by shortening timeframes, and created a huge window for chaos with the clause allowing voters to challenge validity of another persons vote without proof.

Can you specify how the State Elections board (which should be made up of non-partisan* as well as members of all political parties) can abuse an election? I'm honestly asking, not trying to be disingenuous.

Beaver
04-03-2021, 03:35 PM
the problem is we have lines circling the inside of a school gymnasium, going out the door, and extending more than 250 feet from a building. Why? Because some counties in Georgia have cut the number of voting locations or have not kept up with growth and have not provided enough voting locations, equipment and manpower to make the process efficient and easy for all. Those are the issues the legislature should be working to fix - instead they ban water and won't let someone hold your place in line so you can go pee.

Section 18 states, "If, at the previous general election, a precinct contained more than 2000 electors and if electors desiring to vote on the day of the election had to wait in line for more than one hour before checking in to vote, the superintendent shall either reduce the size of such precinct so that it shall contain no more than 2000 electors in accordance with the procedures prescribed by this chapter for the division, alteration, and consolidation of precinct no later than 60 days before the next general election. For administering this Code section the chief manager of a precinct which contained more than 2000 electors at the previous general election shall submit a report thereof to the superintendent of the reported time from entering the line to checking in to vote. Such wait time shall be measured no fewer than three different times throughout the day (in the morning, at midday, and prior to the close of poles) an such results shall be recorded on a form provided by the Secretary of State. Any such change in the boundaries of a precinct shall conform with the requirements of subsection (a) Code Section 21-2-261.1"

Does this not address the very issue you're talking about here?

RocketDawg
04-03-2021, 04:05 PM
Section 18 states, "If, at the previous general election, a precinct contained more than 2000 electors and if electors desiring to vote on the day of the election had to wait in line for more than one hour before checking in to vote, the superintendent shall either reduce the size of such precinct so that it shall contain no more than 2000 electors in accordance with the procedures prescribed by this chapter for the division, alteration, and consolidation of precinct no later than 60 days before the next general election. For administering this Code section the chief manager of a precinct which contained more than 2000 electors at the previous general election shall submit a report thereof to the superintendent of the reported time from entering the line to checking in to vote. Such wait time shall be measured no fewer than three different times throughout the day (in the morning, at midday, and prior to the close of poles) an such results shall be recorded on a form provided by the Secretary of State. Any such change in the boundaries of a precinct shall conform with the requirements of subsection (a) Code Section 21-2-261.1"

Where I live, in Madison County, Alabama there are 72 voting locations and 302,542 registered voters as of Oct 19, 2020. That's an average of 4,202 per polling station. So we average over twice the number of voters per precinct that Georgia allows. One polling place near me has over 8,000 registered voters, according to posters on NextDoor. Some said they were waiting over 3 hours to vote.

Rex54
04-03-2021, 04:18 PM
No. It is not. There are several vocal idiots spouting that nonsense but it is simply not true. There is no quantitative data that proves what you are saying outside of some ultra liberal people on social media and in a few universities spouting that nonsense. I liken this anti-western and anti-American movement to the hippie movement of the 60?s and 70?s. In a decade it will be on the trash heap of history along with the hippie movement and so many others. This is because those that push it are mainly in the 15-25 year old age bracket. Within a few years they will enter into the work force and start careers and accumulating wealth and realize they were spitting lunacy (being led by the nose by a handful of vocal, adult socialists) and had no idea what they were talking about.

This is why you idiots are losing everything.

Rex54
04-03-2021, 04:31 PM

You idiots have no idea what's coming.

BeardoMSU
04-03-2021, 04:40 PM
You idiots have no idea what's coming.

My God you are insufferable, lol.

Rex54
04-03-2021, 05:27 PM

Keep on shilling for the most powerful corporations in world history. Fat, soy faced, and fans of Marvel movies is no way to go through life.

Saltydog
04-03-2021, 07:15 PM

C'mom Beardo, you can think of something worse than insufferable can't you? This guy is a complete and total whack job.

Rex54
04-03-2021, 07:34 PM
C'mom Beardo, you can think of something worse than insufferable can't you? This guy is a complete and total whack job.

Keep voting GOP and then doing nothing for four years. Then wonder why there are "trans kids" at your kid's middle school.

Turfdawg67
04-03-2021, 07:46 PM
Keep voting GOP and then doing nothing for four years. Then wonder why there are "trans kids" at your kid's middle school.

What a d-bag you are...

Rex54
04-03-2021, 07:48 PM
What a d-bag you are...

Yep that's right I'm the problem, not the people driving our civilization off the cliff or the morons with their head in the sand that think things are just hunky dory

Turfdawg67
04-03-2021, 07:51 PM
You can be mad at the world. I just live in it. Times are good as a whole. Conspiracy theorists and extreme ideologists are losing their minds. Older folks are missing high school days. Nothing new there.

Yep. My dad's generation couldn't believe we were outdoors and playing instead of working the fields. Now it's I can't believe you are inside playing instead of outdoors! Every generation thinks the next one is easier and worse than the one before it.

Turfdawg67
04-03-2021, 07:52 PM
Yep that's right I'm the problem, not the people driving our civilization off the cliff or the morons with their head in the sand that think things are just hunky dory

My life is hunky dory. Especially now... sorry your's sucks.

Bothrops
04-03-2021, 08:18 PM
Just in case you didn't already know, we live in ClownWorld

ClownWorld is correct, especially when the people that keep clamoring about Jim Crow Laws and calling people Nazi's couldn't define either one of them.

Rex54
04-03-2021, 08:31 PM
My life is hunky dory.

Conservatives are incapable of thinking in terms of cultural or civilizational responsibilities. Radical individualism. "My 401K is up and screw everyone else"

BrunswickDawg
04-04-2021, 01:36 PM

Beaver - I think this thread and its links answer most of your questions. I don't want to clog up the thread with a Todd4State length post****
Disclaimer - Yes I know this is from a staffer from Fair Fight Action (Stacey Abrams organization) - but it is the best line by line break down of the negative points of the law that I've seen
https://twitter.com/Esosa_Osa/status/1378458660297441281?s=20

chef dixon
04-04-2021, 02:29 PM
Conservatives are incapable of thinking in terms of cultural or civilizational responsibilities. Radical individualism. "My 401K is up and screw everyone else"

So do you hate everyone? What are your true "political" beliefs? Do you have solutions or ideas for anything? I don't know that I've ever seen someone think they are making so many points with conviction without actually making any at all.

Rex54
04-04-2021, 03:08 PM
So do you hate everyone? What are your true "political" beliefs?

There is plenty to hate. As far as politics well it depends on the issue.

R2Dawg
04-04-2021, 08:48 PM

So you support the Dems? Well I guess that explains your comments then.

Politics is corrupt, there are only a few true conservative fundamentalist that want to govern correctly. Everyone else is drunk on their own power.

Problem is we have a two party system so you only really have two choices.

Jack Lambert
04-04-2021, 08:52 PM
All this counter boycott calls from Trump is just one tracer round to see which way his bullets are flying. Trump is piss and he is a fighter. We are going to see old school heavy weight fight starting in the next six months. He's has done or is completing three things that should make some people really scared.

1. He established a (SPAC). He is fixing to go full flege Gorden Gekko. Got to ask your self what company he is going after.
2.Super PAC. I feel for any Republicans that voted for impeachment or who he feels turned their backs on him. A lot of Democrat's in red districts.
3. Own Social Platform. He will put a dent in other platforms traffic.

Rex54
04-04-2021, 09:40 PM
So you support the Dems? Well I guess that explains your comments then.

Politics is corrupt, there are only a few true conservative fundamentalist that want to govern correctly. Everyone else is drunk on their own power.

Problem is we have a two party system so you only really have two choices.

No, lightswitch brain, I don't support the Dems. Expand your horizons. We have a one party uniparty illegitimate system.

Rex54
04-04-2021, 09:44 PM
All this counter boycott calls from Trump is just one tracer round to see which way his bullets are flying. Trump is piss and he is a fighter. We are going to see old school heavy weight fight starting in the next six months. He's has done or is completing three things that should make some people really scared.

1. He established a (SPAC). He is fixing to go full flege Gorden Gekko. Got to ask your self what company he is going after.
2.Super PAC. I feel for any Republicans that voted for impeachment or who he feels turned their backs on him. A lot of Democrat's in red districts.
3. Own Social Platform. He will put a dent in other platforms traffic.

Bro, he's going to keep grifting gullible boomers from passing even less on to their kids and grandkids. How anyone stayed on the Trump Train after bombing Syria I have no idea.

Jack Lambert
04-04-2021, 10:00 PM
Bro, he's going to keep grifting gullible boomers from passing even less on to their kids and grandkids. How anyone stayed on the Trump Train after bombing Syria I have no idea.

I think he is out of the Casino business. Anyways it's their money. They should be able to do with it what they want. Kids should learn to stand on thier own feet. I want my parent to enjoy fruits of thier labors. Don't worry about me I will be just fine. Shame on any kid who is expecting money from thier parents.

FISHDAWG
04-05-2021, 08:02 AM
I'm sure it's possible to tally the thousands of dollars in economic costs to blacks in Atlanta not having the game there anymore. I'm glad they are making the move though, more opportunities to highlight the fact that big business isn't your friend.

The Braves management studied the demographics and discovered the core and most season ticket holders were from that area ... It was a good business move to relocate closer to your customer base. I have lived here for decades now and I'm glad they moved .... I hated the location for the previous two

Rex54
04-05-2021, 08:36 AM
I think he is out of the Casino business. Anyways it's their money. They should be able to do with it what they want. Kids should learn to stand on thier own feet. I want my parent to enjoy fruits of thier labors. Don't worry about me I will be just fine. Shame on any kid who is expecting money from thier parents.

Bootstrap conservatism - as if building up your lineage is a bad thing. The radical individualism that has been lumped into the right wing is so insidious, because your enemies are definitely working in a collective manner. And I wasn't referring to the casinos I was referring to his "pay off my campaign debt"'scams. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9434165/Donald-Trump-forced-pay-64-million-supporters-2020-presidential-campaign-scam.html

Jack Lambert
04-05-2021, 08:46 AM
Bootstrap conservatism - as if building up your lineage is a bad thing. The radical individualism that has been lumped into the right wing is so insidious, because your enemies are definitely working in a collective manner. And I wasn't referring to the casinos I was referring to his "pay off my campaign debt"'scams. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9434165/Donald-Trump-forced-pay-64-million-supporters-2020-presidential-campaign-scam.html

It is still their money to do with it how they want.

ShotgunDawg
04-05-2021, 08:50 AM
The red team vs blue team garbage in this country has to stop. It's ridiculous and both sides are wrong as politicians split us down the middle.

As for MLB, the corporate sponsors threatened to pull out if MLB didn't move the game and after losing millions and millions of dollars last year, MLB owners weren't willing to risk losing that much money due to the lack of corporate sponsors.

msstate7
04-05-2021, 08:55 AM
The red team vs blue team garbage in this country has to stop. It's ridiculous and both sides are wrong as politicians split us down the middle.

As for MLB, the corporate sponsors threatened to pull out if MLB didn't move the game and after losing millions and millions of dollars last year, MLB owners weren't willing to risk losing that much money due to the lack of corporate sponsors.

What corporate sponsors? Are those corporate sponsors pulling out bc of 81 regular season games there?

ShotgunDawg
04-05-2021, 08:58 AM
What corporate sponsors? Are those corporate sponsors pulling out bc of 81 regular season games there?

Not sure of the exact ones and I'm not sure how big the threat was.

Just saying, that's what they did. MLB made a financial decision, not a political one.

William Tecumsah Sherman
04-05-2021, 09:03 AM
How does the Georgia law compare to other states where the MLB participates?

Ari Gold
04-05-2021, 09:11 AM
How does the Georgia law compare to other states where the MLB participates?

Georgia law is easier to vote than the blue state of Delaware.. the only reason this is an issue now is for the number electoral votes.

And how “American “ of MLB to pull out of Georgia , while they played baseball in Cuba just a few years back.

It’s silly and ridiculous

Irondawg
04-05-2021, 09:14 AM
Beaver - I think this thread and its links answer most of your questions. I don't want to clog up the thread with a Todd4State length post****
Disclaimer - Yes I know this is from a staffer from Fair Fight Action (Stacey Abrams organization) - but it is the best line by line break down of the negative points of the law that I've seen

So anytime I read through things like this there a a few lens through which it can be viewed. (1) Is it written to stop a loophole that could happen or has happened (2) They're out to get me (3) It's to benefit a certain group at the expense of another.

Taking it tweet by tweet as they group things together:

1) Most of these are aimed at not letting special interest groups fill out ballots for people and send them in. The idea of this I'm perfectly fine with because I'd prefer to not have people voting for other people or influencing votes. The first two on the list are a little concerning not so much because I don't think someone shouldn't be allowed to challenge but when you open it up to individuals you're going to just get a ton of bogus claims you have to go respond to. Still I don't think there is really anything really nefarious here that would really restrict voting. Am I missing something?

2) This is all election board mumbo jumbo that I can't really say what the impact would be, if any. However it's all post-ballot casting so while this may have its flaws it doesn't restrict voting

3 & 4) More election board stuff that I can't really say why they feel the need to change it. Could be a good change, could be a bad change but I can't really understand the impact here. If Democrats won control of the legislature are these still all bad? I only ask because if the continued reference to "GOP". I'd rather read this is a "bad" way to do things other than it put election in the hands of the evil GOP. But once again I don't see anything that overtly restricts voting unless this gives certain people power to choose voting locations, number of machines there, etc.

5) This one is a little meatier and it's hard to gauge without knowing specifics. For example the tweet states that 20K provisional ballots were done in last election. How does that compare to previous. How many of those are done out of precinct? I would have to think that out of precinct provisional ballots make up a good chunk of "iffy" ballots. I don't really mind the sworn statement piece but can see where limiting it to 5-7 could be slightly limiting. I'm guessing that's there because normally the poll working would sent someone to the correct precinct, but late in the day there may not be a chance to get there. I don't really see this as being overly suppressive.

6) Drop box stuff is a little meatier, but I need more knowledge. For example when would you use a drop box vs. mail? It might not be nearly as restrictive as it sounds. I don't mind removing them after early voting access b/c why would they even be there after the deadline? The availability could be an issue, but as mentioned earlier if they can mail it then it might not be that much an issue. Inside vs. outside seems like a weird rule and having manned security vs. surveillance is a bit cost increase. I wonder how much box tampering (if any) there was last year. I can't see the point of some of these changes unless there were issues at places last year. You could at least make a basic argument that this is more restrictive, but I don't think it's making it massively more restrictive to cast a ballot.

7) More meat stuff. Shortening the request timeline is neither here or there. It's still 2.5 months which is a lot of advance time. Stop date of 11 days out vs. 6-7 is somewhat restrictive. Not sure if this is suppression tactic or simply a way to insure less votes arrive past election day. Could be argued either way. I'm behind voter ID laws so personally I don't have an issue with this so long as getting state issued ID is easy enough. 41 and 42 I don't quite follow but I certainly don't have a problem with 42 requiring DOB. It's required on every other form in the universe I sign.

8) 43-45 I'd like to see more explanation of why these changes were necessary. I don't really mind 44 honestly as I can get some logic behind that one. Not sure why reducing the other windows is automatically bad, there are some benefits there as it just gets it all over with faster as well.

9) These last ones I can see partial logic behind as many would reduce potential tampering. The voting machine issue is only for non-general elections anyway.

So basically I just read through the list of everything bad by a biases source and still think that anyone who would refer to this stuff as Jim Crow is an idiot. Is everything in here good? Almost assuredly not, but there is no massive vote restriction in here either. Am I missing something that's right under my nose or is this a massive mountain out of molehole stuff and because Biden used the words "Jim Crow" everyone just believed him and ran with it?

Johnson85
04-05-2021, 09:19 AM

None of that is particularly evil. There's plenty in it that is bad. But a lot of what they are claiming is so terrible is pretty standard.

For example, it's always been illegal to photograph your completed ballot just about everywhere, because they don't want people selling votes. To keep the same "protections", they are doing the same thing for votes cast outside of the voting booth.

The SOS stuff is primarily driven by having a SOS that they don't trust. Their current SOS kept silent while major news outlets were mischaracterizing a conversation involving Trump; I can understand not wanting him to have much power. Maybe the current SOS's shortfallings made them look at the set up and realize they had too much discretion vested in one official, leaving too much room for abuse. Maybe they are pitching a hissy fit and changing a bunch of provisions that are fine because of one bad SOS that won't be there long term. Regardless, not exactly Jim Crow.

Thte sanction powers for improperly sending out VBM applications seems entirely appropriate?

QuadrupleOption
04-05-2021, 09:24 AM

Hey, in case no one's pointed it out - you're a douche.

Tbonewannabe
04-05-2021, 09:24 AM
So anytime I read through things like this there a a few lens through which it can be viewed. (1) Is it written to stop a loophole that could happen or has happened (2) They're out to get me (3) It's to benefit a certain group at the expense of another.

Taking it tweet by tweet as they group things together:

1) Most of these are aimed at not letting special interest groups fill out ballots for people and send them in. The idea of this I'm perfectly fine with because I'd prefer to not have people voting for other people or influencing votes. The first two on the list are a little concerning not so much because I don't think someone shouldn't be allowed to challenge but when you open it up to individuals you're going to just get a ton of bogus claims you have to go respond to. Still I don't think there is really anything really nefarious here that would really restrict voting. Am I missing something?

2) This is all election board mumbo jumbo that I can't really say what the impact would be, if any. However it's all post-ballot casting so while this may have its flaws it doesn't restrict voting

3 & 4) More election board stuff that I can't really say why they feel the need to change it. Could be a good change, could be a bad change but I can't really understand the impact here. If Democrats won control of the legislature are these still all bad? I only ask because if the continued reference to "GOP". I'd rather read this is a "bad" way to do things other than it put election in the hands of the evil GOP. But once again I don't see anything that overtly restricts voting unless this gives certain people power to choose voting locations, number of machines there, etc.

5) This one is a little meatier and it's hard to gauge without knowing specifics. For example the tweet states that 20K provisional ballots were done in last election. How does that compare to previous. How many of those are done out of precinct? I would have to think that out of precinct provisional ballots make up a good chunk of "iffy" ballots. I don't really mind the sworn statement piece but can see where limiting it to 5-7 could be slightly limiting. I'm guessing that's there because normally the poll working would sent someone to the correct precinct, but late in the day there may not be a chance to get there. I don't really see this as being overly suppressive.

6) Drop box stuff is a little meatier, but I need more knowledge. For example when would you use a drop box vs. mail? It might not be nearly as restrictive as it sounds. I don't mind removing them after early voting access b/c why would they even be there after the deadline? The availability could be an issue, but as mentioned earlier if they can mail it then it might not be that much an issue. Inside vs. outside seems like a weird rule and having manned security vs. surveillance is a bit cost increase. I wonder how much box tampering (if any) there was last year. I can't see the point of some of these changes unless there were issues at places last year. You could at least make a basic argument that this is more restrictive, but I don't think it's making it massively more restrictive to cast a ballot.

7) More meat stuff. Shortening the request timeline is neither here or there. It's still 2.5 months which is a lot of advance time. Stop date of 11 days out vs. 6-7 is somewhat restrictive. Not sure if this is suppression tactic or simply a way to insure less votes arrive past election day. Could be argued either way. I'm behind voter ID laws so personally I don't have an issue with this so long as getting state issued ID is easy enough. 41 and 42 I don't quite follow but I certainly don't have a problem with 42 requiring DOB. It's required on every other form in the universe I sign.

8) 43-45 I'd like to see more explanation of why these changes were necessary. I don't really mind 44 honestly as I can get some logic behind that one. Not sure why reducing the other windows is automatically bad, there are some benefits there as it just gets it all over with faster as well.

9) These last ones I can see partial logic behind as many would reduce potential tampering. The voting machine issue is only for non-general elections anyway.

So basically I just read through the list of everything bad by a biases source and still think that anyone who would refer to this stuff as Jim Crow is an idiot. Is everything in here good? Almost assuredly not, but there is no massive vote restriction in here either. Am I missing something that's right under my nose or is this a massive mountain out of molehole stuff and because Biden used the words "Jim Crow" everyone just believed him and ran with it?

Biden sounds like he just got info from a message board and did the knee jerk reaction. Honestly, it is the same as President Trump except he is on the Left instead. The biggest thing that seems to be driven into the ground is requiring ID is voter suppression. Almost all states require this so is it all of the other stuff that is supposed to be "Jim Crow like"?

Rex54
04-05-2021, 09:50 AM

Corporations have no right to control the people and culture but that's exactly what happens in our illegitimate system. And the conservatives are too programmed with "bidness good gubmit bad" to do anything and the left sets their guns on the working class with wrongthink about bourgeois social issues.... Keep voting for them though! They'll keep laughing at you all the way to the bank.

ShotgunDawg
04-05-2021, 10:49 AM
Corporations have no right to control the people and culture but that's exactly what happens in our illegitimate system. And the conservatives are too programmed with "bidness good gubmit bad" to do anything and the left sets their guns on the working class with wrongthink about bourgeois social issues.... Keep voting for them though! They'll keep laughing at you all the way to the bank.

The golden rule is that the people with the gold make the rules

ShotgunDawg
04-05-2021, 10:49 AM
A wonderful old Minnesota peacenik named Dick Bernard writes a blog called “Thoughts Towards a Better World.” His most recent post, a curtain raiser in advance of the recent State of the Union message, eventually worked around, as Bernard often does, toward the importance of peace and the foolishness of war.

Bernard brought up a quote from Nazi bigwig Hermann Goering that I don’t recall having ever seen, although it packed a punch when I read this week).

Field Marshall Goering — one of Hitler’s earliest, longest lasting associates, the top German military figure during World War II, and for a long-time Hitler’s designated successor —was the highest-ranking Nazi to survive the war and be tried, convicted and sentenced to death at the Nuremberg Tribunal (although he managed to kill himself with a cyanide capsule the night before he was to be hung).

Gustave Gilbert, an American psychologist fluent in German, worked as a translator with the Nuremberg Tribunal and interviewed Goering in the days between his conviction and his suicide. Gilbert then wrote “Nuremberg Diary,” a 1947 book based on interviews with Goering and other Nuremberg defendants.

Gilbert asked Goering how it was possible to build and sustain public support for a war effort, especially in Germany, which had barely recovered from the still recent disaster of World War I.

Here’s Goering’s reply:

“Why, of course, the people don’t want war,” Goering shrugged. “Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don’t want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood.

“But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.”

“There is one difference,” [Gilbert] pointed out. “In a democracy the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars.”

“Oh, that is all well and good, [replied Goering] but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.”

Dawgfan77
04-05-2021, 11:14 AM
Pretty sure sexy Rexy is none other than Dan the man who was banned

Commercecomet24
04-05-2021, 11:23 AM

Ah, I see someone else had the same thought. I concur.

msstate7
04-05-2021, 11:30 AM

Dan was more left leaning. Rex hates both sides, our country, and his mom

William Tecumsah Sherman
04-05-2021, 11:35 AM
Estimated $100 million in losses to city/state by moving all star game.

msstate7
04-05-2021, 11:37 AM
Estimated $100 million in losses to city/state by moving all star game.

Be interesting to see what type of contracts were signed with truist park and the venders. Mlb may be on the hook for some of that.

William Tecumsah Sherman
04-05-2021, 11:43 AM
It?s hard to trust everything you see, but I believe New York voting laws are similar to what Georgia just did. Will yankee stadium host another all star game?

Irondawg
04-05-2021, 12:12 PM
My biggest complaint here is we went from a President that just said random made up stuff for which he was vilified to another that just states random made up stuff (jim crow in this case) and he?s not called to the carpet for it.

Then corporations and the like jump on board. Am I out of line for saying the President probably made a lot of this get out of control by validating it?

BrunswickDawg
04-05-2021, 12:14 PM

None of that is particularly evil. There's plenty in it that is bad. But a lot of what they are claiming is so terrible is pretty standard.

For example, it's always been illegal to photograph your completed ballot just about everywhere, because they don't want people selling votes. To keep the same "protections", they are doing the same thing for votes cast outside of the voting booth.

The SOS stuff is primarily driven by having a SOS that they don't trust. Their current SOS kept silent while major news outlets were mischaracterizing a conversation involving Trump; I can understand not wanting him to have much power. Maybe the current SOS's shortfallings made them look at the set up and realize they had too much discretion vested in one official, leaving too much room for abuse. Maybe they are pitching a hissy fit and changing a bunch of provisions that are fine because of one bad SOS that won't be there long term. Regardless, not exactly Jim Crow.

Thte sanction powers for improperly sending out VBM applications seems entirely appropriate?

Neither of y'all have bad points. The best I can say is the political history of Georgia (and MS) points toward the parties using rule changes like these punitively and abusively. Honestly, if Dems were recommending similar changes after the 2018 election I would have my same doubts about motives and how the changes could be abused for political gain. Especially when those changes are so obviously geared toward stripping a Constitutional Office or power. The power the SOS has is vested in by the voters of Georgia. If the voters of Georgia have an issue with how the election was handled - they will vote him out. Political side-lining is one of the reasons that Georgia has as many state-wide officials who are elected as we do - SOS, Labor Commissioner, Sec of Ag., Public Service Commission, Attorney General, and State School Supt. - all of those were at one time appointed positions that are now elected state-wide. It allows the voters to hold those positions accountable instead of a singular party or powerful Legislator or Governor.

Irondawg
04-05-2021, 12:46 PM
Neither of y'all have bad points. The best I can say is the political history of Georgia (and MS) points toward the parties using rule changes like these punitively and abusively. Honestly, if Dems were recommending similar changes after the 2018 election I would have my same doubts about motives and how the changes could be abused for political gain. Especially when those changes are so obviously geared toward stripping a Constitutional Office or power. The power the SOS has is vested in by the voters of Georgia. If the voters of Georgia have an issue with how the election was handled - they will vote him out. Political side-lining is one of the reasons that Georgia has as many state-wide officials who are elected as we do - SOS, Labor Commissioner, Sec of Ag., Public Service Commission, Attorney General, and State School Supt. - all of those were at one time appointed positions that are now elected state-wide. It allows the voters to hold those positions accountable instead of a singular party or powerful Legislator or Governor.

I do agree that the most impactful changes are with the SOS and election board stuff but while that probably has numerous cans of worms potentially does any of that do anything to restrict voting. I have no baseline knowledge of how this stuff works. I love a good healthy debate about this kind of stuff and if something is helping rig an election a certain way it certainly needs to be called out.

But we can't have the media spouting off about how untruthful Trump and how that riled up hate and punitive culture and then go and do the same thing here. Don't tell me you're going to make it better and then go make it worse.

Like this is equally stupid and is making it worse:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31198398/texas-gov-greg-abbott-backs-texas-rangers-first-pitch-mlb-decision-move-asg-georgia

BeardoMSU
04-05-2021, 01:18 PM

Lol!

Really Clark?
04-05-2021, 01:22 PM

And he hates old people and dogs!! But he is in love with Josh Hatcher

msstate7
04-05-2021, 01:24 PM
But he is in love with Josh Hatcher though

Maybe he is Josh

Really Clark?
04-05-2021, 01:27 PM
Maybe he is Josh

Well if he is, I don’t want my first baseman playing if he hates his mom!! That’s why his swing sucks right now!! You can’t hit a curve if you hate your mom!!

Rex54
04-05-2021, 01:28 PM
And he hates old people and dogs!! But he is in love with Josh Hatcher

Guy makes hard contact what can I say. I love the elderly and dogs! But big corporations seeking total civilizational control... no love here.

Quaoarsking
04-05-2021, 01:39 PM

You're getting your phone calls mixed up. The "fake" one (by fake, I mean that Trump was reported to say "find the fraud" when he actually said "find the dishonesty") was with a county election commissioner, not with the Georgia Secretary of State

BB30
04-05-2021, 01:42 PM

I'm going to assume you are over 45 probably pushing what 50?

I would suggest laying off of the news for a while and just try to enjoy life. There is more out there than politics or a lack there of. You are missing a lot of good times worrying about something that is completely and 100% out of your control.

If you are right and we crash and burn what could you have done to stop that from happening? Nothing.
If your wrong and we flourish, think of all the dumb time you wasted worrying about what was going to happen.

BrunswickDawg
04-05-2021, 01:44 PM
You're getting your phone calls mixed up. The "fake" one (by fake, I mean that Trump was reported to say "find the fraud" when he actually said "find the dishonesty") was with a county election commissioner, not with the Georgia Secretary of State

Yeah, the call to the SOS - which he recorded - was pretty clear and hard to misquote.

Johnson85
04-05-2021, 02:01 PM

Not getting my calls mixed up. The SOS is the one that released the recording of that call. The Deputy Secretary of State (Jordan Fuchs) was the one that misled reporters about the phone call. Maybe it was all Jordan Fuchs and she was the one that misled the SOS and he actually didn't know about the recording until later. Still doesn't look great that he had somebody like that in a position of trust.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-05-2021, 02:06 PM
Now they have found that the MLB commissioner still has his membership at Augusta National (home of the Masters). Of course, the golf club is in Georgia.

MLB also has a baseball development center in China. In China, Christians are being punished and held in special camps until they renounce their faith.

As mentioned earlier, MLB played a game in Cuba. President Obama even attended the game.

Now does everyone see the problem?

Rex54
04-05-2021, 02:10 PM
I'm going to assume you are over 45 probably pushing what 50?

I would suggest laying off of the news for a while and just try to enjoy life. There is more out there than politics or a lack there of. You are missing a lot of good times worrying about something that is completely and 100% out of your control.

If you are right and we crash and burn what could you have done to stop that from happening? Nothing.
If your wrong and we flourish, think of all the dumb time you wasted worrying about what was going to happen.

"Go fiddle while Rome burns" - normal society is being destroyed because of the selfishness of radical individualism that conservatism preaches. Organized left vs individualized right... and you wonder why its been Globetrotters vs Washington Generals for decades.

BrunswickDawg
04-05-2021, 02:11 PM
I do agree that the most impactful changes are with the SOS and election board stuff but while that probably has numerous cans of worms potentially does any of that do anything to restrict voting. I have no baseline knowledge of how this stuff works. I love a good healthy debate about this kind of stuff and if something is helping rig an election a certain way it certainly needs to be called out.

But we can't have the media spouting off about how untruthful Trump and how that riled up hate and punitive culture and then go and do the same thing here. Don't tell me you're going to make it better and then go make it worse.

Like this is equally stupid and is making it worse:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31198398/texas-gov-greg-abbott-backs-texas-rangers-first-pitch-mlb-decision-move-asg-georgia

I think a lot of the animus is 2 fold; 1) the way the "stop the steal" campaign went down (regardless of your opinion about right/wrong - it was ugly); and 2) Georgia and much of the South still have a reputation for using procedures codified in law to justify disenfranchisement. Some of it is warranted, some isn't. Governor Kemp created a whole lot of distrust when he purged 500,000 voters from the rolls and prosecuted members of the Quitman School Board for voter fraud : https://news.yahoo.com/how-a-criminal-investigation-in-georgia-set-a-dark-tone-for-african-american-voters-090000532.html

As I said before - Georgia's political history is rife with bad actions and bad actors in the legislature, much like Mississippi. It makes issues like this extremely difficult when you know that history.

BrunswickDawg
04-05-2021, 02:17 PM
Not getting my calls mixed up. The SOS is the one that released the recording of that call. The Deputy Secretary of State (Jordan Fuchs) was the one that misled reporters about the phone call. Maybe it was all Jordan Fuchs and she was the one that misled the SOS and he actually didn't know about the recording until later. Still doesn't look great that he had somebody like that in a position of trust.

Yes, you are getting the calls mixed up. https://factcheck.thedispatch.com/p/did-the-washington-post-correct-a
The call that was misquoted was to Francis Watson, chief investigator for the SOS.

BB30
04-05-2021, 02:21 PM
"Go fiddle while Rome burns" - normal society is being destroyed because of the selfishness of radical individualism that conservatism preaches. Organized left vs individualized right... and you wonder why its been Globetrotters vs Washington Generals for decades.

And again, what exactly are you going to do to stop it if it does happen? I am simply asking you what worrying about it achieves?

RougeDawg
04-05-2021, 02:37 PM

So arbitrarily enacting voting laws outside of the constitution of the United States and State of Georgia is not a violation of their duties?

The constitution specifically states that only state legislatures may change voting regulations. Georgia did not do that in 2020 for the changes that were made. Hence being unconstitutional on multiple levels and fronts. All of these states acted outside of the constitution in 2020 and they are now trying to prevent illegal voting. (Any voting change performed outside of the legislatures is illegal, based on simple logic. Pennsylvania requires two consecutive votes on election law changes, by two consecutive sessions (2 years). They had neither and implemented changes for 2020.

Such as any premise based on a fallacy, is therefore false. Such as your interpretation of the new Georgia voting regulations. You obviously haven?t read it, because had your read and properly understood it, you would be demanding the MLB never have an all star game in New York. You know, because New York has much more strict voting regulations than this bill. Even Delaware has more stringent requirements and days to actually vote.

Lastly, might need someone to check on your search browsers. Found this one of many instances of election abnormalities.

https://www.scribd.com/document/488107901/Antrim-Michigan-Forensics-Report-121320-v2-REDACTED

Rex54
04-05-2021, 02:41 PM
And again, what exactly are you going to do to stop it if it does happen? I am simply asking you what worrying about it achieves?

It's not an "it" - civilizational collapse is a process. A process we are well underway. A little normalcy bias and hyper-reality have gone a long way but people are slowly waking up to the fact that we live under a system in complete opposition to the freedoms and interests of the citizenry.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/37/0a/62/370a62d15afed6cc1359fbf95fddad6b.jpg

MaroonFlounder
04-05-2021, 03:30 PM
So arbitrarily enacting voting laws outside of the constitution of the United States and State of Georgia is not a violation of their duties?

The constitution specifically states that only state legislatures may change voting regulations. Georgia did not do that in 2020 for the changes that were made. Hence being unconstitutional on multiple levels and fronts. All of these states acted outside of the constitution in 2020 and they are now trying to prevent illegal voting. (Any voting change performed outside of the legislatures is illegal, based on simple logic. Pennsylvania requires two consecutive votes on election law changes, by two consecutive sessions (2 years). They had neither and implemented changes for 2020.

Such as any premise based on a fallacy, is therefore false. Such as your interpretation of the new Georgia voting regulations. You obviously haven?t read it, because had your read and properly understood it, you would be demanding the MLB never have an all star game in New York. You know, because New York has much more strict voting regulations than this bill. Even Delaware has more stringent requirements and days to actually vote.

Lastly, might need someone to check on your search browsers. Found this one of many instances of election abnormalities.

https://www.scribd.com/document/488107901/Antrim-Michigan-Forensics-Report-121320-v2-REDACTED

When we all went to bed LATE on the night of Nov 3rd, trump was leading in every state in question (MI was 55% to 44%) and then miraculously in the wee hours of the morning Biden surged ahead. "Certain people" were sent home and the suitcases of fake ballots came out from under the tables.

I'm fine with the idea of seeing how screwed up this country becomes. History tells us that no democratic republic has lasted more than 200 years until now. We are in year 245. It's time. We had a good run. Embrace Socialism and say goodbye to the middle class.

ScoobaDawg
04-05-2021, 03:45 PM
Alright that's enough of this crap. Take it to the political board.