PDA

View Full Version : 2012 vs 2013 against TAMU

slickdawg
11-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Offense

In 2012, 15 first downs, 310 total yards, 212 passing, 98 rushing, 13 points

In 2013, 30 first downs, 556 total yards, 299 passing, 257 rushing, 41 points

We nearly doubled our offensive output, tripled points scored.

Defense

In 2012, 36 first downs, 693 total yards, 361 rushing, 332 passing, 38 points

In 2013, 29 first downs, 537 total yards, 446 passing, 91 rushing, 51 points

Defense gave up 7 fewer first downs, 160 fewer yards, but gave up 13 more points.

Special teams cost us dearly in that game. My only gripe with the defense was going prevent just before the half. Prevented us from having a chance to win. Ditto with Auburn. I will be livid if I see prevent again, unless it's for a hail mary last play of the game type deal.

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 11:32 AM
The difference between us this year vs last year against them, was Dak and defense. Defense wasn't great this year, but last year we looked like a bunch of clueless high schoolers in quick sand against Johnny.

HoopsDawg
11-11-2013, 11:45 AM
The difference was obviously Dak and A&M's defense being much worse.

It's amazing looking back on it, that so many posters couldn't understand our offense was much better with Dak at the helm. Those Dak/Russell debates made my head hurt yet half the msu posters just couldn't understand.

Tbonewannabe
11-11-2013, 12:07 PM
The difference was obviously Dak and A&M's defense being much worse.

It's amazing looking back on it, that so many posters couldn't understand our offense was much better with Dak at the helm. Those Dak/Russell debates made my head hurt yet half the msu posters just couldn't understand.
Dan really wasted last year playing TR so much. We should have gotten Dak at least 30% of the snaps. We would have still won at least 8 games but we would have been a lot better off to begin this year.

geotop
11-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Those bulldawg offensive numbers pretty much reflect TAMU defensive stats 2012 vs 2013 ,

but I get your point. Our offense was more productive in this year's game. in large part because of DAK !!!

I am just a little worried that he is gonna get his bell rung against Alabama. To be a dual purpose QB , you gotta
be able to throw the ball. I just dont think dak is as accurate as he will need to be.

41 % against OkSt
45% against LSU
51% against TAMU

not real good numbers

slickdawg
11-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Those bulldawg offensive numbers pretty much reflect TAMU defensive stats 2012 vs 2013 ,

but I get your point. Our offense was more productive in this year's game. in large part because of DAK !!!

I am just a little worried that he is gonna get his bell rung against Alabama. To be a dual purpose QB , you gotta
be able to throw the ball. I just dont think dak is as accurate as he will need to be.

41 % against OkSt
45% against LSU
51% against TAMU

not real good numbers

But he is getting better. Huge hill to climb this weekend, but it can be done.

War Machine Dawg
11-11-2013, 01:04 PM
But he is getting better. Huge hill to climb this weekend, but it can be done.

It isn't all on Dak, either. His passing has been fine. You gotta factor in all the drops by our damn WRs. I swear for all the targets he gets, Morrow probably only has 5 catches the entire season. And MoJo is about the same.

stxdawg
11-11-2013, 01:10 PM
It isn't all on Dak, either. His passing has been fine. You gotta factor in all the drops by our damn WRs. I swear for all the targets he gets, Morrow probably only has 5 catches the entire season. And MoJo is about the same.

That is pretty key. We had a lot of dropped passes that should have been caught. Our WR's need to get in a rhythm with Dak, which should come in time.

Tbonewannabe
11-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Drop by Holloway on a perfect pass was a kick in the nuts. Instead of td we got a punt block

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 01:21 PM
We are much better than last year in almost every way.

Our defensive scheme is better
Defensive line is better
Linebackers are better
DB aren't as good, but our scheme didn't allow good talent to be good last year.

WRs are more talented, no Wilson or effective Jameon on last year's team. Morrow is better and Rojo is basically filling for Smith and Arceto
Dak, opens up the running game.
Robinson is better and Perk is slightly worse
O-line is better.

Did I miss anything?

We are making progress, but we still aren't quite consistent enough to win big games.

These stats look better because we are a hell of a lot better this year than last.

slickdawg
11-11-2013, 01:23 PM

He's so skinny and narrow, he can't shield off a DB, I bet he gets more passes broken up against him than any other WR we have. But he is improving.

stxdawg
11-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Morrow needs another year in the weight room. He will be productive for us next year.