PDA

View Full Version : DJ Enters Draft...

Cloak
04-01-2021, 12:55 PM
...but keeps his college eligibility.

https://i.ibb.co/0tYZngq/Screenshot-20210401-135131-Instagram.jpg (https://ibb.co/3zSWTD1)

msstate7
04-01-2021, 12:56 PM
Figures

StarkVegasSteve
04-01-2021, 12:57 PM
He'd be foolish not to. Get feedback from the NBA, see what you need to work on, and be a 1st round pick next year. If Woodard would've done that he'd have had the potential to have been a late lottery pick this year and we'd have been a tourney team.

BeardoMSU
04-01-2021, 12:58 PM
He'd be foolish not to. Get feedback from the NBA, see what you need to work on and be a 1st round pick next year.

This^^

Cloak
04-01-2021, 12:58 PM
He'd be foolish not to. Get feedback from the NBA, see what you need to work on and be a 1st round pick next year.

Agreed. This is a good thing. He maintained his college eligibility, meaning he probably will be back.

msugolf
04-01-2021, 02:23 PM
Agreed. This is a good thing. He maintained his college eligibility, meaning he probably will be back.

DJ will be 22 this summer and a few mocks have him in 2nd. All it takes is one team to give him good feedback. I'd say there's a better likelihood that he isn't coming back than returning.

BiscuitEater
04-01-2021, 03:23 PM

Think you mean .. This is a good thing 'IF' he comes back!

He is older than than Woodard was when he bailed after his SO year.

FYI, think Woodard didn't sign with an agent, maintained his eligibility BUT still bailed!

thf24
04-01-2021, 03:33 PM
Think you mean .. This is a good thing 'IF' he comes back!

He is older than than Woodard was when he bailed after his SO year.

FYI, think Woodard didn't sign with an agent, maintained his eligibility BUT still bailed!

Woodard had an NBA-ready game. The only reason there was any doubt was that the production wasn't quite there to match. DJ right now doesn't handle well enough to be a starting guard in the NBA, and his shot isn't consistent enough for a 3-and-D guy. Anything can happen, but my bet is his feedback will be he's got areas he needs to work on.

Saltydog
04-01-2021, 03:35 PM
Agreed. He may not even be good enough yet to play in the D league because of his ball handling, or lack thereof.

smootness
04-01-2021, 03:40 PM
We would be foolish to assume he is staying. There is absolutely a chance he leaves.

msstate7
04-01-2021, 04:04 PM
We would be foolish to assume he is staying. There is absolutely a chance he leaves.

I always assume they gone. I hope howland is also

Coach34
04-01-2021, 04:47 PM
I predict he gets a 2nd round draft grade and bolts. Hope I'm wrong

BeardoMSU
04-01-2021, 05:06 PM

God that would be a kick in the nuts.

Cloak
04-01-2021, 05:17 PM

Yeahhhh that would be our luck though..

maroonmania
04-01-2021, 07:21 PM
I always assume they gone. I hope howland is also

If we lose Devion Smith to transfer and DJ to the NBA then I'm ready for him to be gone. It will be another year of same ol' same ol'.

msstate7
04-01-2021, 07:27 PM
If we lose Devion Smith to transfer and DJ to the NBA then I'm ready for him to be gone. It will be another year of same ol' same ol'.

Maybe we should let it play out. Jeffries and brooks would be massive adds. I feel we will pull a pg, so let's see how good he is.

chef dixon
04-01-2021, 08:19 PM
There is no building in college basketball anymore. You snag as many transfers and impact freshman as you can and try and make a run.

ZedFedder
04-01-2021, 11:09 PM
Perry did this and came back. Hope the same for DJ.

Cooterpoot
04-02-2021, 02:42 AM
He'll be back.

PGHBulldogBG
04-02-2021, 08:20 AM
There is no building in college basketball anymore. You snag as many transfers and impact freshman as you can and try and make a run.

Exactly. At this point it?s all about getting a team together through some freshman recruits and then how well coaches do in the transfer portal. It?s a new game now given the way the portal works. In a few years, we won?t see as many upsets and college basketball will be like football with the same teams winning every year

smootness
04-02-2021, 09:07 AM

Yes and no. There is absolutely still tons of opportunity to build a team of veterans who have been with your program. In fact, most of the most successful programs recently have built that way - Gonzaga, Villanova, Baylor, Michigan. Now, these teams are also certainly getting impact freshmen and grabbing transfers, but a lot of their transfers come earlier, not as one-year 'make a run' type guy.

Programs like Duke, Kentucky, UNC, etc. are finding it tougher than ever to achieve consistency because they're trying to play that 'get a bunch of one-year guys and make a run' game all the time.