PDA

View Full Version : So I say for the Bama game

4Dawgs4Life
11-11-2013, 11:05 AM
We should pull Dak and rest him. We aren't going to win anyway. We don't need him getting hurt. Save him for Arkansas and TSUN. We don't have a chance with Bama and if Dak gets hurt it will blow our chances of getting bowl eligible. What we are fighting for now is bowl eligibility and you have to be forward thinking. I know I know you don't give up, you fight till the end and all that stuff, but really I mean come on. Maybe even rest a few others. Like Jones, Perkins and Lewis. We don't need to get beat up in this game.

BTW if we win Arkansas and OM games what bowl you guys think we get? Liberty, BBVA what? Does the Liberty have choice of BBVA this year?

TheRef
11-11-2013, 11:07 AM
I see where you're coming from, but we can't take a week off and lose what little momentum our offense has this week. Good in theory and on paper but I just see the offense losing the momentum going into the games that are possible. I say keep everyone in and just see how we do against a good Defense.

Raytoraid83
11-11-2013, 11:12 AM
We should pull Dak and rest him. We aren't going to win anyway. We don't need him getting hurt. Save him for Arkansas and TSUN. We don't have a chance with Bama and if Dak gets hurt it will blow our chances of getting bowl eligible. What we are fighting for now is bowl eligibility and you have to be forward thinking. I know I know you don't give up, you fight till the end and all that stuff, but really I mean come on. Maybe even rest a few others. Like Jones, Perkins and Lewis. We don't need to get beat up in this game.

BTW if we win Arkansas and OM games what bowl you guys think we get? Liberty, BBVA what? Does the Liberty have choice of BBVA this year?

You may get your wish. Dak has a minor rotator cuff injury and coaches thinking about sitting him this weekend.

4Dawgs4Life
11-11-2013, 11:16 AM
See perfect excuse for it right there. Even better really then it doesn't look like you are giving up!

But I still sit Perkins and Lewis. We will need them to beat Arkansas and TSUN. Both will have big days against those teams.

Raytoraid83
11-11-2013, 11:17 AM

See perfect excuse for it right there. Even better really then it doesn't look like you are giving up!

But I still sit Perkins and Lewis. We will need them to beat Arkansas and TSUN. Both will have big days against those teams.

Agreed, I think we beat Arkansas by at least two tds, and I don't think you'll ever see a game Dan has prepared for as much as the egg bowl this year.

BulldogBear
11-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Just discussing that this morning. Though in reality, you have to play to win. What worries me is I can see us giving Bama their toughest test of the year (with help from post -LSU letdown) only to lose anyway and come out beat up and struggle hard to beat or even lose to Arkansas.

hdc
11-11-2013, 11:24 AM
If the starters are healthy, they should play. This talk of sitting healthy starters and basically giving up on any chance of winning before we even play is crazy.

What kind of message does that send?

Not that I think we will win, but our chances of winning this game are certainly better than those that Bellard faced when we beat them 6-3. Bellard didn't sit his starters so they would stay healthy for other more winnable games.

geotop
11-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Agreed, I think we beat Arkansas by at least two tds, and I don't think you'll ever see a game Dan has prepared for as much as the egg bowl this year.

Dan will have this team so fired up for TSUN !!! We need to hit them hard , right in the jawbone and make it hurt.

I cant wait to see all those butt hurt hoddy toddy make that loooongg drive back to Oxford ! ! !

DownwardDawg
11-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Dan will have this team so fired up for TSUN !!! We need to hit them hard , right in the jawbone and make it hurt.

I cant wait to see all those butt hurt hoddy toddy make that loooongg drive back to Oxford ! ! !

I'm really hoping to see this.

FISHDAWG
11-11-2013, 12:08 PM
agreed ... especially if we are expecting recruits to be there

stxdawg
11-11-2013, 12:30 PM

Bear fans are going to be in for a rude awakening. After we shut down their cute little dink and dunk pass offense, they will be seeing a lot of 3 and outs. And most importantly, they will have no answer for Dak, Perkins, and Robinson. Really looking forward to beating those idiots.

stxdawg
11-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Dan will not lose to the Bears on our field.

geotop
11-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Bear fans are going to be in for a rude awakening. After we shut down their cute little dink and dunk pass offense, they will be seeing a lot of 3 and outs. And most importantly, they will have no answer for Dak, Perkins, and Robinson. Really looking forward to beating those idiots.

I am gonna predict we pitch a shut out !!!! Coach Freezus has gotten on way too long with his smoke and mirrors.

Dak and Perkins BANG BANG BANG !!! ALL DAY LONG

WE GONNA PUT THE STUFFING BACK INTO THANKSGIVING

HAIL STATE w/ EXTRA STUFFING ON THE SIDE

jimbo352
11-11-2013, 12:42 PM

Why even send the team if we're going to sit so many players...? I hate this loser mentality... Sure, we're not supposed to win... Still... Go there, fight our guts out, and see what happens... Even if we lose, we might find out what we're made of inside...

That being said... Why sit Perkins??? I love the kid, but Robinson is the better back IMO... The only good thing about sitting one of those guys, is Shump getting some meaningful snaps...

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Why even send the team if we're going to sit so many players...? I hate this loser mentality... Sure, we're not supposed to win... Still... Go there, fight our guts out, and see what happens... Even if we lose, we might find out what we're made of inside...

That being said... Why sit Perkins??? I love the kid, but Robinson is the better back IMO... The only good thing about sitting one of those guys, is Shump getting some meaningful snaps...

Best first post ever.

The loser mentality on this board is making me ****ing sick at my stomach.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Best first post ever.

The loser mentality on this board is making me ****ing sick at my stomach.

Totally agree, we should play to win every game. Players are not robots. They have hopes, dreams, and desires, and among them are having the chance to go down in history as a team that beat the number one team in the country or won a national championship.

As a coach, if you want to lose a team, take away their opportunity to do something great.

You go balls to the wall in this game, and see what happens because you never know when a program changing 6-3 win will happen. You just never know.

geotop
11-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Totally agree, we should play to win every game. Players are not robots. They have hopes, dreams, and desires, and among them are having the chance to go down in history as a team that beat the number one team in the country or won a national championship.

As a coach, if you want to lose a team, take away their opportunity to do something great.

You go balls to the wall in this game, and see what happens because you never know when a program changing 6-3 win will happen. You just never know.

AGREE 1000%

jimbo352
11-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Hell to the yes... We can play some damn good football when we play with real passion... Can't win if you don't go for it...

War Machine Dawg
11-11-2013, 01:14 PM

Exactly. I fully expect Bama to skulldrag us. But who knows, it could be the night that the Dawgs run hot, everything goes right, Bama makes a couple crucial mistakes and we shock the world. That's why they play the damn game. Otherwise, just sim the ****er on XBOX every week. My one caveat: If Dak really is dinged, I want him to sit. We've seen Bama beat the living hell out of JF & Mett. No reason to risk exacerbating a pre-existing injury with 2 more huge games coming up. Play TR and make damn sure you get Williams ready this week. But if Dak is good to go...play him. Upsetting #1 would be another epic "I was there" for a whole new generation of MSU fans.

4Dawgs4Life
11-11-2013, 01:28 PM
So you guys think we can beat Arkansas and OM without Dak, Chris Jones and Robinson?

So can you honestly say you think we have a chance against Bama?

Can we just phone them and tell em don't come we forfeit? Seriously though, we don't need to get beat up Saturday!

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Exactly. I fully expect Bama to skulldrag us. But who knows, it could be the night that the Dawgs run hot, everything goes right, Bama makes a couple crucial mistakes and we shock the world. That's why they play the damn game. Otherwise, just sim the ****er on XBOX every week. My one caveat: If Dak really is dinged, I want him to sit. We've seen Bama beat the living hell out of JF & Mett. No reason to risk exacerbating a pre-existing injury with 2 more huge games coming up. Play TR and make damn sure you get Williams ready this week. But if Dak is good to go...play him. Upsetting #1 would be another epic "I was there" for a whole new generation of MSU fans.

I agree, if Dak is injured, he sit, but if he is healthy enough to play, he plays

chef dixon
11-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Ridiculous thread. When the number 1 team in the nation visits your home stadium, you bring every last bit you have. You guys worried about being healthy to beat Ole Miss, hell I'd take a win Saturday and a loss in the Egg Bowl instead of the other way around.

War Machine Dawg
11-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Ridiculous thread. When the number 1 team in the nation visits your home stadium, you bring every last bit you have. You guys worried about being healthy to beat Ole Miss, hell I'd take a win Saturday and a loss in the Egg Bowl instead of the other way around.

Totally agree. Upset #1 = epic. Loss to UM - I'd be pissed, but it's happened before and it'll happen again. You don't pick off #1 every year.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 01:46 PM
So you guys think we can beat Arkansas and OM without Dak, Chris Jones and Robinson? ANSWER: You can't sit guys because you are scared they will get hurt. We have recruits coming in town, and, honestly, impressing them is more important than going to the Birmingham bowl.

So can you honestly say you think we have a chance against Bama? ANSWER: Of course, the chances are low, but we just statistically beat 2 top 15 teams in back to back weeks. To say that we have zero shot when we are good enough to that is asinine. Chances are low, but not close to zero.

Can we just phone them and tell em don't come we forfeit? Seriously though, we don't need to get beat up Saturday! ANSWER: Can't run a program like this. Again we have recruits at the game.

Finally, why the hell do you guys care about making a bowl so bad? ANSWER: Most of you hate Mullen, and if we don't go to a bowl, there is a greater chance he is let go.

You always go all out to win every game because you never know if Bama will show up and play like LSU did in Oxford.

Now, if we get down big in the 2nd half and the game is lost, I wouldn't mind Mullen pulling out the starters and just letting Bama run the score up.

jimbo352
11-11-2013, 01:54 PM
So you guys think we can beat Arkansas and OM without Dak, Chris Jones and Robinson?

Can we just phone them and tell em don't come we forfeit? Seriously though, we don't need to get beat up Saturday!

Honestly... In year 5, I expect us to be able to handle both of those teams without Dak, Jones, and Robinson.... I know we're young damnit, but we should have much better depth than either of those teams at this point. I think we do, but we haven't put it together yet...

4Dawgs4Life
11-11-2013, 02:02 PM
So what percentage chance you think we have?

I'll say around 10%

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 02:02 PM

What the hell? What a scared, puss mentality. You go out there and try to kick their ass! You never throw in the damn towel like a bunch of girls. Good grief.

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 02:05 PM

Im to the point where I would start Damien if Dak can't go. Im totally over the statue QB playing in a dual threat system. Done.

Percho
11-11-2013, 02:10 PM
It would not scare me to death to play this guy. Damian Williams

Percho
11-11-2013, 02:14 PM
I BELIEVE

jimbo352
11-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Im to the point where I would start Damien if Dak can't go. Im totally over the statue QB playing in a dual threat system. Done.

This x1000000... I feel for TR... He's a good QB, and I think he'd be solid for a team like Arky this year... It's just not who we are...

War Machine Dawg
11-11-2013, 04:49 PM

I don't necessarily disagree, CD. But we both know that will never happen. Plus TR is easily the better QB right now and has earned the start if Dak can't go. It sends a bad message if you bench him for a true frosh. But if TR struggles early, I'd have absolutely no hesitation giving him the hook and going to Williams.

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 04:57 PM
I don't necessarily disagree, CD. But we both know that will never happen. Plus TR is easily the better QB right now and has earned the start if Dak can't go. It sends a bad message if you bench him for a true frosh. But if TR struggles early, I'd have absolutely no hesitation giving him the hook and going to Williams.

Yea, it'll never happen, but It also sends a bad message to feed a pocket passer to the wolves by running him every time he's in there too. I want us to stop the loyalty and put the guy in there that gives us the best chance to win. If we are going to run QB keepers regardless of QB, then Damien gives us a better chance to win. Sad, but true.

geotop
11-11-2013, 04:58 PM
I would keep running a dual QB system and try to keep Bama off guard.

Dawgowar
11-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Games like this are one of the things being an MSU fan is all about - the knowledge that if we do find a way to inflict a loss on a major power, we **** up royally their little universe. There have been more far fetched upsets in my lifetime. Not pumping sunshine or saying everything is okay. Just some good ol' simple **** You Assholes MSU defiance in the face of projected doom.

If JWS taught us anything it is that we can face these odds and pull the upset. Probability, concede that to you but it is not like any of you can change your loyalty between now and Saturday. Channel all your inner Bubba and enjoy a gridiron 'Hey Ya'll Watch This!' moment.

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Games like this are one of the things being an MSU fan is all about - the knowledge that if we do find a way to inflict a loss on a major power, we **** up royally their little universe. There have been more far fetched upsets in my lifetime. Not pumping sunshine or saying everything is okay. Just some good ol' simple **** You Assholes MSU defiance in the face of projected doom.

If JWS taught us anything it is that we can face these odds and pull the upset. Probability, concede that to you but it is not like any of you can change your loyalty between now and Saturday. Channel all your inner Bubba and enjoy a gridiron 'Hey Ya'll Watch This!' moment.

Great post, I agree. This is one way to totally turn around a gloomy season too. **** up Bama's title hopes and then say, "Hey Marlon Humphrey, does that make your decision a little easier?"

archdog
11-11-2013, 11:25 PM

THis is full of fail. Hell of a strategy, but what if we sat our #91 in 1980. Then we would have to show more highlights of some guy running across the infield after a super regional game. I want another highlight for the pregame show. I say bring the heat. Punch them in the 17n face.

BulldogBear
11-12-2013, 07:54 AM

+1

EngineerDawg
11-12-2013, 11:53 AM

Hell, put Lewis in at QB and let him execute the scramble drill. Yes, I know its bama but what do we have to lose? It's better than sticking with TR if we are getting slaughtered and can't get a first down to save our lives.

Barking 13
11-12-2013, 11:57 AM

at least get him some time in against the monsters.. we may need him next year...

PMDawg
11-12-2013, 12:32 PM
where did all of these trolls come from?

Ragingclue
11-12-2013, 12:58 PM
4dawgs must be a troll. No way you sit Dak. The way he has been playing we have a punchers chance this weekend. 31-30 dogs, Dak gets 200+ rushing and 150 through the air.

geotop
11-12-2013, 01:15 PM
I got an idea.... why wait til we get down 3 touchdowns before we go into desperation mode.

Let's start the game out that way !

onsides kick, fake punts, hook n ladder, throw it 60 yrds down field,

I am not so sure that our little patented 'hand it off to perkins' will catch Bama with their pants down.

I'minHailState
11-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Worst idea ever. You play to win the game, not get participation trophies.