Hancock
James
Allen
Tanner
Find 5 guys who can compete.

But those 4 have to be 1-4 in whatever order - they need the most ABs

KOdawg1
03-28-2021, 05:09 PM
We need to scrap it and start over. We're 17ing awful.

Once Skinner is okay to play, I'd go

1. Skinner - CF
2. Allen - RF
3. James - 3B
4. Hancock - DH
5. Tanner - C
6. Hatcher - 1B
7. Leggett/Dubrule battle - 2B
8. McDonald/Rowdy/Cumbest battle - LF
9. Forsythe - SS

The bottom of that lineup sucks, but at least the top gives you a chance. If I'm Lemonis, I tell everyone tomorrow that they no longer have a spot in the lineup. They'll have to earn it. Experience and leadership be damned. Who ever produces plays.

Rayburn8
03-28-2021, 05:17 PM
We need to scrap it and start over. We're 17ing awful.

Once Skinner is okay to play, I'd go

1. Skinner - CF
2. Allen - RF
3. James - 3B
4. Hancock - DH
5. Tanner - C
6. Hatcher - 1B
7. Leggett/Dubrule battle - 2B
8. McDonald/Rowdy/Cumbest battle - LF
9. Forsythe - SS

The bottom of that lineup sucks, but at least the top gives you a chance. If I'm Lemonis, I tell everyone tomorrow that they no longer have a spot in the lineup. They'll have to earn it. Experience and leadership be damned. Who ever produces plays.

Is there really no one that can replace Hatcher at first?

Todd4State
03-28-2021, 05:20 PM
I like the TA at first and Cumbest in RF suggestion.

t45fixer
03-28-2021, 05:22 PM
Rowdy needs to sit. All the hype form him and he?s not living up to it.

KOdawg1
03-28-2021, 05:23 PM
I like the TA at first and Cumbest in RF suggestion.

If you're going to sit Hatcher, I'd rather just leave Allen in RF and let Kellum Clark have a shot at first. Hatcher had two good hits today though. My biggest issue is 2B and Rowdey.

KOdawg1
03-28-2021, 05:23 PM

You've got Pimentel, Allen, or Clark.

Todd4State
03-28-2021, 05:55 PM
If you're going to sit Hatcher, I'd rather just leave Allen in RF and let Kellum Clark have a shot at first. Hatcher had two good hits today though. My biggest issue is 2B and Rowdey.

Why? Clark hasn't done anything.

KOdawg1
03-28-2021, 06:02 PM
Why? Clark hasn't done anything.

Bc his potential outweighs Cumbest's. He had a couple of hits today, but Cumbest is a 6'5 hitter who hits like he's 5'10". He doesn't have this enormous power bat like people think. People love him because he plays football and is big.

Todd4State
03-28-2021, 06:12 PM

Bc his potential outweighs Cumbest's. He had a couple of hits today, but Cumbest is a 6'5 hitter who hits like he's 5'10". He doesn't have this enormous power bat like people think. People love him because he plays football and is big.

He's hitting the ball better than most of our starters.

Clark has been ill and probably isn't 100% yet and hasn't looked ready at all.

Rex54
03-28-2021, 06:14 PM
Cumbest isn't the answer

KOdawg1
03-28-2021, 06:25 PM

I mean, is he though? He had one good hit today. The other was one he beat in the ground right at the plate that he beat out. Seems like if he isn't striking out, that's what he's doing. I just don't get the Cumbest hype.

Clark very well may not be ready, but if he is close to 100% I'd give him a shot. We've got to find answers.

deltadawg63
03-28-2021, 06:25 PM
Reality is our roster has hitting and power limitations no matter how you slice and dice it. Our roster is imbalanced with pitchers vs batters.

TNDawg35
03-28-2021, 06:27 PM
If I was Lemonis I would sit every 17in one of them and have a youth movement during the midweek. I would make it BERY clear, if you wanna start, you better bring the shit instead of prancing around and trying to look cool.

Coach34
03-28-2021, 07:05 PM

Clark is not healthy enough to play right now is what I'm hearing- and Cumbust is hitting .350. He needs more AB's.

Coach34
03-28-2021, 07:07 PM
Cumbest isn't the answer

Maybe not- but he went 4-7 this weekend and is hitting .350. The rest of our options absolutely suck

Coach34
03-28-2021, 07:10 PM
I mean, is he though? He had one good hit today. The other was one he beat in the ground right at the plate that he beat out. Seems like if he isn't striking out, that's what he's doing. I just don't get the Cumbest hype.

Clark's not playing anytime soon it seems. Cumbust is hitting .350. Why are you mad he has the speed to beat out a groundball? He's hitting .350. Only an idiot would want to play others that continually fail over somebody showing promise.

KOdawg1
03-28-2021, 08:04 PM
Clark's not playing anytime soon it seems. Cumbust is hitting .350. Why are you mad he has the speed to beat out a groundball? He's hitting .350. Only an idiot would want to play others that continually fail over somebody showing promise.

Not mad at all. Not quite sure where you got the from.

I don't mind Cumbest getting more at-bats bc we honestly can't get worse, I just don't think he's a long term answer. If we're looking at averages on guys with limited at-bats, then Kyte McDonald needs a shot. He's got more extra base hits than Cumbest in 1/3 of the ABs.

And I haven't advocated for those continually failing to play. Clark hasn't continually failed bc he hasn't been healthy.

Bothrops
03-28-2021, 08:04 PM

Clark very well may not be ready, but if he is close to 100% I'd give him a shot. We've got to find answers.

Cumbest can run at least.

KOdawg1
03-28-2021, 08:07 PM
Cumbest can run at least.

He can. He's very athletic.

Coach34
03-28-2021, 08:12 PM
Not mad at all. Not quite sure where you got the from.

I don't mind Cumbest getting more at-bats bc we honestly can't get worse, I just don't think he's a long term answer. If we're looking at averages on guys with limited at-bats, then Kyte McDonald needs a shot. He's got more extra base hits than Cumbest in 1/3 of the ABs.

And I haven't advocated for those continually failing to play. Clark hasn't continually failed bc he hasn't been healthy.

Nobody outside of Allen or James is a long term answer. We have recruited position players poorly for the most part the last 2-3 years

KOdawg1
03-28-2021, 08:14 PM
We have recruited position players poorly for the most part the last 2-3 years

I'll agree with this. We have to start getting better hitters to campus.

Homedawg
03-28-2021, 08:15 PM

Clark has been ill and probably isn't 100% yet and hasn't looked ready at all.

He had 4 hits this weekend I get it. But one was hit hard. One was a swinging bunt and two others were big hop ground balls. And his k rate is super high. We can start him but he isn't the answer.

Coach34
03-28-2021, 08:23 PM
He had 4 hits this weekend I get it. But one was hit hard. One was a swinging bunt and two others were big hop ground balls. And his k rate is super high. We can start him but he isn't the answer.

We agree on alot of shit- but Who deserves to play over him? Can we not give him a couple of weekends to fail like we have the others? Hatcher is hitting .225 after 100 AB's. Surely he can match that huh?

Todd4State
03-28-2021, 08:24 PM

Yeah. Well we really don't have any answers much anywhere and at least he makes us better defensively.

Homedawg
03-28-2021, 08:52 PM
Yeah. Well we really don't have any answers much anywhere and at least he makes us better defensively.

We do t have many or any options that's true. And painful.

Homedawg
03-28-2021, 08:54 PM
We agree on alot of shit- but Who deserves to play over him? Can we not give him a couple of weekends to fail like we have the others? Hatcher is hitting .225 after 100 AB's. Surely he can match that huh?

I don't have a problem running him out there. I don't. But, his avg is inflated look at babip. And he doesn't drive the ball either and k's at a high rate against bad pitching. Much less sec. really just saying he isn't the answer. Not that he doesn't deserve a shot.
I will give him this, when he does put it in play it's usually on the ground and not a week pop out

HoopsDawg
03-28-2021, 09:03 PM
1. Skinner, CF
2. Allen, 1B
3. Kam, 3B
4. Hancock, DH
5. LT, C
6. Rowdey, LF
7. Cumbest, RF
8. Dubrule 2B
9. Forsythe, SS

That's about the best we can do.

Cowbell
03-28-2021, 09:27 PM
I don't have a problem running him out there. I don't. But, his avg is inflated look at babip. And he doesn't drive the ball either and k's at a high rate against bad pitching. Much less sec. really just saying he isn't the answer. Not that he doesn't deserve a shot.
I will give him this, when he does put it in play it's usually on the ground and not a week pop out

I will say that I don't think we have seen enough of Cumbest and he doesn't have enough experience yet for us to rule him out. You got to remember that he's had very limited playing time.

Todd4State
03-28-2021, 09:44 PM
We do t have many or any options that's true. And painful.

Absolutely! I'd like to recommend someone else but...

Todd4State
03-28-2021, 09:45 PM
1. Skinner, CF
2. Allen, 1B
3. Kam, 3B
4. Hancock, DH
5. LT, C
6. Rowdey, LF
7. Cumbest, RF
8. Dubrule 2B
9. Forsythe, SS

That's about the best we can do.

Yeah. Might have to platoon Leggett and Dubrule though.

The Federalist Engineer
03-28-2021, 09:53 PM
Arkansas Team Size:

5-10 —1
5-11 — 2 (Franklin)
6-0 — 4
6-1 — 1
6-2 — 1
6-3 — 1 (slavens)

180-190 —6
191-200 — 4
201-210
201-210

Biggest Kid - Battles (6-2 205)

I’m going to chart our boys. But the Hogs are not much bigger than us. Either their approach is better, our pitching sucks, or they got a really special batch of bats. Or let’s get Tin Foil about it, our libertine uniform policy and jewelry is messing with our discipline.

Activated Alpha
03-28-2021, 10:06 PM
Arkansas Team Size:

5-10 ?1
5-11 ? 2 (Franklin)
6-0 ? 4
6-1 ? 1
6-2 ? 1
6-3 ? 1 (slavens)

180-190 ?6
191-200 ? 4
201-210
201-210

Biggest Kid - Battles (6-2 205)

I?m going to chart our boys. But the Hogs are not much bigger than us. Either their approach is better, our pitching sucks, or they got a really special batch of bats. Or let?s get Tin Foil about it, our libertine uniform policy and jewelry is messing with our discipline.

Well we never did cut one of their bats in half. Might be a little too late to check

The Federalist Engineer
03-28-2021, 10:09 PM
Minnissippi State

5-10 —3 (Dubrule, Rowdey, Leggett)
5-11 —4 (Allen, Hancock, Skinner, Forsythe)
6-0 — 1 (Tanner)
6-1
6-2 — 2 (James, Hatch)
6-3
6-4
6-5 — 1 (Cumbest)

Biggest Kid: Cumbest 6-5 250

161-170 —2 (Leggett, Skinner)
171-180 —2 (Forsythe, Dubrule)
181-190 —2 (Rowdey, Allen)
191-200 —3 (Hancock, Hatcher, James)
201-210
211-220 —1 (Tanner)
221-230
231-240
241-250 —1 (Cumbest)

The Federalist Engineer
03-28-2021, 10:12 PM
Well we never did cut one of their bats in half. Might be a little too late to check

Seriously- as an MSU engineer that drank too much High Noon and Belvedere today, I would be stopping the hog equipment bus at the border with Mississippi state troopers and bringing those bats back.

Activated Alpha
03-28-2021, 10:13 PM
Seriously- as an MSU engineer that drank too much High Noon and Belvedere today, I would be stopping the hog equipment bus at the border with Mississippi state troopers and bringing those bats back.

I like your thinking

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-28-2021, 10:22 PM

An atta boy to whoever can answer this.......Cumbest is the 2.0 of who?

ETA: and I like both Cumbest and his 1.0.

ETA2: hint geography and position in HS.

The Federalist Engineer
03-28-2021, 10:29 PM
An atta boy to whoever can answer this.......Cumbest is the 2.0 version of who?

Jay Powell says that Cumbest is legit 5-tool player, but must choose baseball

Rex54
03-28-2021, 11:05 PM
An atta boy to whoever can answer this.......Cumbest is the 2.0 of who?

Daryl Norris

RougeDawg
03-28-2021, 11:45 PM
Some people forget on base percentage alongside batting average. Cumbest making contact and getting on base with his speed puts pressure on a defense and pitcher. On base percentage changes defenses and pitch calling. Need to maximize this to provide the best pitches for the hitters

There is not one answer. But it is known that getting guys on base takes the other team out of their game plan. Put the guys in the lineup that get on base and make contact.

The ABs last few innings give some promise. They finally got the bat head out in front of the plate to do some damage. Only way you will every drive a baseball is by making contact out in front of the Plate. The physics of the swing determine that. Not me. Make contact at 100% extension you get greatest power. Make contact at 60% extension (first 23 innings of series) and you get punchin Judy slap hits. It?s leverage and mechanics.

confucius say
03-29-2021, 01:09 PM
It ain't the order.

It's more about growing a pair and playing pissed off. It starts at the top too. Once we told them no practice on our field bc of the tarp and they called the sec office bitixhing, we should have said too damn bad. Instead we caved and said ok. Then, when guys our diving out over your plate all day you don't keep going further and further away. You challenge them. You go 95 up and tight. Dive out over my plate all you want but know what may happen. Or just throw it over their head like gravemen did Katz in 2013. It's a mindset problem right now. No batting order change is fixing that. We're not competing.

That's why you go with your competitors in your rotation from here on out. Bednar, Harding and sims piggy back, and fristoe.