PDA

View Full Version : Like how TA pulled no punches in post game interview

Bdawg
03-28-2021, 08:56 AM
Basically said it was embarrassing getting our teeth kicked in on our home field. But more importantly to me, he called out some players by basically saying they think we can just walk out there and take the field and beat anyone without putting everything into every game. Obviously, he doesn't think some players are doing what it takes and "bringing it everyday" or we have that cocky attitude that comes back to bite you like this weekend. I've seen some people on here mentioning some the antics we see with our team, and maybe this is some of what TA is talking about. Anyway, glad to see one of our players call a spade a spade, and maybe these 2 a** whippings will pull some heads back out of the clouds to get a win today to salvage the weekend.

Cooterpoot
03-28-2021, 09:20 AM
Well, he misplayed a fly ball (not the first one this year), so I hope he's got a mirror.

Cowbell
03-28-2021, 09:37 AM
Some of this is shown in the way we dress at times, and that includes TA. Make everyone dress the same because they are a team, not individuals. Look like a bunch of middle age boys at times.

basedog
03-28-2021, 10:07 AM
Some of this is shown in the way we dress at times, and that includes TA. Make everyone dress the same because they are a team, not individuals. Look like a bunch of middle age boys at times.

I agree, also it seems to me players in the dugout are having "too much" fun. I'm all in for having fun, but you still have to be focused even if you aren't playing. Maybe getting our *ss kicked will wake up a few.

The Federalist Engineer
03-28-2021, 10:15 AM
I am going to be ripped for saying this .... but these guys don’t have college Athlete physiques. Other than Cumbest, they look either skinny or soft.

If I had access to MSU level equipment, trainers, and experts. I would look like a brick house. Especially if I had MLB aspirations, like top-5 pick. Displaying effortless power that makes scouts tremble.

When they are wearing the Jorts, all I see is chicken legs that are not even fast. Never mind the culture war, if you dress like Dion Sanders you better play like Dion Sanders. Prime Time.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-28-2021, 10:15 AM

^^^This right here. Players should dress like they've been there and done that. Don't disrespect the uniform - wear it the way it should be worn. I'm surprised someone, a parent, an MSU baseball alum has not said anything to these kids about this.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-28-2021, 10:22 AM
I agree, also it seems to me players in the dugout are having "too much" fun. I'm all in for having fun, but you still have to be focused even if you aren't playing. Maybe getting our *ss kicked will wake up a few.

^^^This. How many HR's has AR hit this weekend?? Now tell me how many times did the WHOLE team come out and greet each HR hitter? Now tell me how many times did AR jump around after they hit one of those HR's?? Tell me how many selfies were taken by an AR player after he hit a double this weekend??

Cooterpoot
03-28-2021, 10:23 AM
How players dress didn't matter when we played for a natty a few years ago or while we were making a run to the CWS. Doesn't matter now.

Hambone
03-28-2021, 10:29 AM
Ok, so let me get this straight, if they wear different clothes then they will play better???

Well problem solved guys!

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
It mattered then and it matters now.

KOdawg1
I am going to be ripped for saying this .... but these guys don’t have college Athlete physiques. Other than Cumbest, they look either skinny or soft.

Even though he was trolling, Yancy may have hit on something. We have a bunch of slap hitters with little gap power. And even though Cumbest is a giant, he hits like he's 5'10".

KOdawg1
03-28-2021, 10:31 AM
It mattered then and it matters now.

Literally does not matter at all.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-28-2021, 10:31 AM
Ok, so let me get this straight, if they wear different clothes then they will play better???

If you dress like #### you play like a ####.....

Coach34
03-28-2021, 10:45 AM
I am going to be ripped for saying this .... but these guys don’t have college Athlete physiques. Other than Cumbest, they look either skinny or soft..

Exactly. Why even recruit someone shorter than 6 feet tall unless they are an absolute beast? We dont have enough big guys.

HoopsDawg
03-28-2021, 11:21 AM
How players dress didn't matter when we played for a natty a few years ago or while we were making a run to the CWS. Doesn't matter now.

they weren't wearing jorts.

parabrave
03-28-2021, 11:23 AM

Well we will all look alike in the drunken church softball league unis today

Cooterpoot
03-28-2021, 11:45 AM

That's total BS.

Hambone
03-28-2021, 12:01 PM
That's total BS.

Totally agree! The length, color or material of the uniform literally has nothing to do with how they play

AlSwearengen
03-28-2021, 12:11 PM
As far as size goes, I think Lemonis has been looking to sign some of those big kids. The guy from Columbus and the 3B we stole from auburn come to mind. I think what we are seeing right now is that we are caught in a transition of sorts. Foscue and Westberg were both big kids and they have been replaced by three or four tiny players.

I read somewhere that Lemonis planned to recruit big bodied kids for the corners and taller/lankier kids up the middle. I won?t go any further so as to avoid the painful debate of recruiting 10th graders or 12 graders.

ETA: James is the body type that Lemonis wants up the middle but the glove screwed that up.

basedog
03-28-2021, 12:15 PM
Totally agree! The length, color or material of the uniform literally has nothing to do with how they play

Some dress like “girls softball”! Say what u want but it looks bad! May not affect play but i think it’s “unkept”.

schddog72
03-28-2021, 12:44 PM

Well, if we're going to be a crappy team (which we are), we ought to at least halfway look like we belong out there. Witness: Texas A & M - they ALL wear the uniform the way it should be worn - no jorts and no long pajama bottoms. I'm not going to apologize for being an old fart and being old school. This bunch right now is playing like crap and looks like middle schoolers doing it. The first order of discipline is in taking pride in your appearance. What this bunch needs is a good dose of R. Lee Ermy (RIP) before they hit the field. "Four inches Private Pyle, FOUR INCHES!!"

Homedawg
03-28-2021, 12:49 PM
Well, if we're going to be a crappy team (which we are), we ought to at least halfway look like we belong out there. Witness: Texas A & M - they ALL wear the uniform the way it should be worn - no jorts and no long pajama bottoms. I'm not going to apologize for being an old fart and being old school. This bunch right now is playing like crap and looks like middle schoolers doing it. The first order of discipline is in taking pride in your appearance. What this bunch needs is a good dose of R. Lee Ermy (RIP) before they hit the field. "Four inches Private Pyle, FOUR INCHES!!"

Everyone has a personal preference. In the end who cares.? I'm way more worried about performance than how the wear their pants.

BuckyIsAB****
03-28-2021, 12:53 PM
Im tired of the cutesy look at me crap too.

Get mad at me if you want but I think baseballs problem came when the daddy ball started. It has become a money game for youth and up. I guarantee you most of the kids on our team have played baseball year around for a lot of money since they were 13

Todd4State
03-28-2021, 12:54 PM
Ah. The petty BS that our fans complaint about when we're losing thread.

But....but.....that other team dresses better too!**

My solution is to get the hitters in our upcoming recruiting class in. Lot more power in that group. Looks like some of them can hit pretty well. Again- this offense and team is what it is. That hasn't changed. If we don't pitch and field we're probably losing.

Bdawg
03-28-2021, 01:08 PM
I think the whole issue on why people are complaining about how they dress or act is if the players are more worried about how they dress or act than the game at hand, then we have an issue. If you're focused and handling your business, no one cares. But when your out there dropping pop flies and not mashing meat pitches when you get them, people start questioning if your priorities are on how you look(how much swag you have) or how you play.

State82
03-28-2021, 01:13 PM
I think the whole issue on why people are complaining about how they dress or act is if the players are more worried about how they dress or act than the game at hand, then we have an issue. If you're focused and handling your business, no one cares. But when your out there dropping pop flies and not mashing meat pitches when you get them, people start questioning if your priorities are on how you look(how much swag you have) or how you play.

Yep. As soon as they extract their heads from their asses then nobody will give a shit anymore. But right now the entire bunch has their heads squarely up their ass. So they need to rectify that problem or gtfo the diamond and let someone else give it a go.

Maroonthirteen
03-28-2021, 01:20 PM
The whole point of a uniform in sports to create team unity. To create a bond to play as one for a common goal. Nothing says me me me me like 10 pieces of flare in regards to the uniform.

If a player wants everyone pulling the rope with the same amount of effort and dedication, start by symbolically expressing that by wearing the uniform properly and In the same fashion as everyone else.

Everyone were shorts, to the knees or to the ankles. Don't matter. Just be a damn team.

KOdawg1
03-28-2021, 01:21 PM
Y'all are looking way too hard at something you wouldn't give two shits about if we were hitting the ball.

basedog
03-28-2021, 01:22 PM
Ah. The petty BS that our fans complaint about when we're losing thread.

But....but.....that other team dresses better too!**

My solution is to get the hitters in our upcoming recruiting class in. Lot more power in that group. Looks like some of them can hit pretty well. Again- this offense and team is what it is. That hasn't changed. If we don't pitch and field we're probably losing.

Has nothing to do with our losing nor playing bad. It looks like crap Todd, how bout have a more traditional MSU look!

Todd4State
03-28-2021, 01:24 PM
Has nothing to do with our losing nor playing bad. It looks like crap Todd, how bout have a more trditional MSU look!

Yeah. That's why it was brought up before the last five weeks.**

basedog
03-28-2021, 01:25 PM
Yeah. That's why it was brought up before the last five weeks.**

No it’s been talked about from where I sit at games. I wonder what Paul Gregory or Ron Polk would say.

Really Clark?
03-28-2021, 01:45 PM
The whole point of a uniform in sports to create team unity. To create a bond to play as one for a common goal. Nothing says me me me me like 10 pieces of flare in regards to the uniform.

If a player wants everyone pulling the rope with the same amount of effort and dedication, start by symbolically expressing that by wearing the uniform properly and In the same fashion as everyone else.

Everyone were shorts, to the knees or to the ankles. Don't matter. Just be a damn team.

Man guys would wear their pants at different heights across the decades while in the same team.. Some would have it right below the knee, some too upper calf and some would have them down low enough to show just 2-3? of stirrups. You can see evidence of that for decades and same team. Heck it is was alternative when guys went to the really high look again after the lower and long pant look took over. Your entitled to your opinion of what looks good, I?m not saying that but players have had different ideas about what they like and felt good for decades. And they would even change it up themselves for whatever reason. Lot of times it would go into the superstition/ritual aspect of the players psyche.

Look at this photo. You see a lot of guys only showing a few inches of stirrup but you see some showing above the curve. I can tell you for a fact that if you look at Clark, Brantley, Palmerio you can find a lot of photos of only the side stirrups showing right at the top of the calf at State. Then lower just above the ankle. When they were in the pros look at where the pant lengths were. I understand people like what they like, that?s fine but I know a lot of players, my self included didn?t always wear it the same all the time across the whole team. Had nothing to with a look at me deal, solely on how I felt and what felt good that day. Probably emulation of big leaguers a lot when I was younger.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/will-clark-23-first-baseman-of-the-mississippi-state-university-picture-id458460632?s=2048x2048

Todd4State
03-28-2021, 01:50 PM
No it’s been talked about from where I sit at games. I wonder what Paul Gregory or Ron Polk would say.

What they would say doesn't matter. It's a different era and has no bearing on performance. If our coaches were hard ass about it that could affect recruiting and then that would affect our play potentially.

Of course then we would have people complaining about how our coach is too strict and the players don't look like they're having fun when we're losing.

Maroonthirteen
03-28-2021, 01:52 PM
Someone wrote who cares how they dress as long as.... so I gave reasons.

But I agree to your point. State is NOT losing the series because of pants. Arkansas is just more talented.

However if a player wants to point fingers and talk about team.... make the effort to button up your own jersey first.

Todd4State
03-28-2021, 02:02 PM
Someone wrote who cares how they dress as long as.... so I gave reasons.

But I agree to your point. State is NOT losing the series because of pants. Arkansas is just more talented.

However if a player wants to point fingers and talk about team.... make the effort to button up your own jersey first.

I don't remember TA saying anything about how his teammates dressed.

Gautreau needs to tell some hitters to stop trying to pull everything like Josh Hatcher. And then if they go with the BS excuse this what my daddy wants me to do tell him to go sit with Landon Jordan and put Pimentel out there or move TA to first and Cumbest to the outfield.

And TA needs to work on his defense.

None of that has anything to do with how tall our players are or what they are wearing.

Homedawg
03-28-2021, 02:37 PM
Well they all have them down today. As if I give a shit. But the rest of you should be happy

Homedawg
03-28-2021, 02:42 PM
Somebody should really tell Franklin for ark that his pants are embarrassing. I'm sure ark fans would rather him wear them "properly" instead of hitting 3 hr in a weekend ****

Cooterpoot
03-28-2021, 03:07 PM
I'll tell you what looks bad. A bunch of old guys bitching about uniforms.

BuckyIsAB****
03-28-2021, 03:21 PM

Exactly. You get it.

Maroonthirteen
03-28-2021, 03:49 PM
I'm certain some posters here never played organized sports.

BigDawgB
03-28-2021, 04:06 PM
I'm certain some posters here never played organized sports.

Most*

boonedawg
03-28-2021, 07:09 PM
Where can you find this interview?

Bdawg
03-28-2021, 07:37 PM
Where can you find this interview?

It was after yesterday's game. On Twitter. Think Joel Coleman posted it.

MaroonFlounder
03-28-2021, 09:13 PM
No it?s been talked about from where I sit at games. I wonder what Paul Gregory or Ron Polk would say.

The 2013 team wore their jerseys with the top 2 or 3 buttons undone. And they made it all the way to the CWS championship. They also clowned around more than any team I've ever witnessed.

Ask Ron and Paul if their results trumped their antics and their uniform-wearing habits.

Todd4State
03-28-2021, 09:48 PM
The 2013 team wore their jerseys with the top 2 or 3 buttons undone. And they made it all the way to the CWS championship. They also clowned around more than any team I've ever witnessed.

Ask Ron and Paul if their results trumped their antics and their uniform-wearing habits.

Heck- Brantley Jones wore an Archie Who? pin to the mound when Gregory was the coach.

Percho
03-28-2021, 09:52 PM

Or

Gunnery Sergent Thomas Highway

Extendedcab
03-28-2021, 09:59 PM

It is not the clothes themselves but the mentality that causes people to dress in ways that do not fit the purpose of what they are trying to accomplish in life! Their head is not where it needs to be. If you dress like a BUM you will play like a bum because it is a heart issue. Call it superficial if you want to but there is a link between what we wear and how we feel and act.

HoopsDawg
03-28-2021, 10:05 PM

But did the wear football pants? Were those special request or is that how Adidas makes them.

basedog
03-28-2021, 10:13 PM

So are u gonna compare teams now? Sometimes having too much fun turns sour. I’m for having fun, but getting ones ass handed to them ain’t fun. Also I like traditions, I’m not baseball players wearing “shorts” in baseball. Too each your own, so have at it.

Lord McBuckethead
03-28-2021, 10:22 PM

The clothes are 8nd8cative of a larger issue.

Really Clark?
03-28-2021, 10:52 PM
It is not the clothes themselves but the mentality that causes people to dress in ways that do not fit the purpose of what they are trying to accomplish in life! Their head is not where it needs to be. If you dress like a BUM you will play like a bum because it is a heart issue. Call it superficial if you want to but there is a link between what we wear and how we feel and act.

Mentality of baseball players? Your kidding right? Have you spent any time with a bunch of ball players? The dress like a bum and play like a bum thought is about useless in baseball. Players are not going into an office and need to dress a certain way. I guess Rollie Fingers handle bar mustache kept him from being a Hall of Famer since he was all about how he looked...wait he did. Well that sloppy mullet Randy Johnson kept definitely limited his ability because he looked like a bum...no that didn?t happen either. Look baseball players are a different breed but to relate that they have to clean cut appearance and dressed identical to your perception to perform well...there is no evidence that is close to accurate. And many peoples preference of how a player should look is a bias perception of what they like. We can find many numerous examples of players or even whole teams that didn?t conform and performed at an extremely high level.

https://dugout.uni-watch.com/app/uploads/2019/05/2017.jpg

This guy performs pretty well

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-28-2021, 11:04 PM
The clothes are 8nd8cative of a larger issue.

^^^^^ POW!!!! That's a 50 cal going off.....Nail on the head.

Extendedcab
03-29-2021, 08:29 AM
Mentality of baseball players? Your kidding right? Have you spent any time with a bunch of ball players? The dress like a bum and play like a bum thought is about useless in baseball. Players are not going into an office and need to dress a certain way. I guess Rollie Fingers handle bar mustache kept him from being a Hall of Famer since he was all about how he looked...wait he did. Well that sloppy mullet Randy Johnson kept definitely limited his ability because he looked like a bum...no that didn?t happen either. Look baseball players are a different breed but to relate that they have to clean cut appearance and dressed identical to your perception to perform well...there is no evidence that is close to accurate. And many peoples preference of how a player should look is a bias perception of what they like. We can find many numerous examples of players or even whole teams that didn?t conform and performed at an extremely high level.

https://dugout.uni-watch.com/app/uploads/2019/05/2017.jpg

This guy performs pretty well

I was a baseball player! Let's leave it at that! Like I said it is not the clothes but the mentality that drives you to dress a certain - non normal or standard way or maby a not so normal but a non disrespectful way. Have respect for yourselves people! You think athletes "elite ones" are built from some certain mold that is not shared with other people of the world that are driven. I have been driven my entire life and I never once even though of disrespecting myself by the way I dressed in my field of endeavor.

Really Clark?
03-29-2021, 10:09 AM
I was a baseball player! Let's leave it at that! Like I said it is not the clothes but the mentality that drives you to dress a certain - non normal or standard way or maby a not so normal but a non disrespectful way. Have respect for yourselves people! You think athletes "elite ones" are built from some certain mold that is not shared with other people of the world that are driven. I have been driven my entire life and I never once even though of disrespecting myself by the way I dressed in my field of endeavor.

Drive is a major cog for success. No question. But that is internal and individualistic. Without getting too deep and I’m not talking the extremes but in that psychological spectrum you have the view you are expressing that has roots in a narcissistic viewpoint. And to be clear, my psychological make up shares that belief to a degree, like you. But many baseball players while having some or even many of the same traits of that view point, are also non-conformist and use that as an internal drive. I will succeed even if others think I don’t look the part. Then you have many who are just ballers, dirtbags who just live to play the game. All types have succeed in sport but baseball seems to have more fringe types with wider extremes of the psychological spectrum.

Extendedcab
03-29-2021, 10:16 AM
Drive is a major cog for success. No question. But that is internal and individualistic. Without getting too deep and I’m not talking the extremes but in that psychological spectrum you have the view you are expressing that has roots in a narcissistic viewpoint. And to be clear, my psychological make up shares that belief to a degree, like you. But many baseball players while having some or even many of the same traits of that view point, are also non-conformist and use that as an internal drive. I will succeed even if others think I don’t look the part. Then you have many who are just ballers, dirtbags who just live to play the game. All types have succeed in sport but baseball seems to have more fringe types with wider extremes of the psychological spectrum.

Consider the following article form the NY Times (a non traditional conservative newspaper) about how the way you dress affects the way you feel and perform.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/08/your-money/dress-the-part-and-its-easier-to-walk-the-walk.html

Extendedcab
03-29-2021, 10:17 AM
Drive is a major cog for success. No question. But that is internal and individualistic. Without getting too deep and I?m not talking the extremes but in that psychological spectrum you have the view you are expressing that has roots in a narcissistic viewpoint. And to be clear, my psychological make up shares that belief to a degree, like you. But many baseball players while having some or even many of the same traits of that view point, are also non-conformist and use that as an internal drive. I will succeed even if others think I don?t look the part. Then you have many who are just ballers, dirtbags who just live to play the game. All types have succeed in sport but baseball seems to have more fringe types with wider extremes of the psychological spectrum.

Consider the following article form the NY Times (not a conservative newspaper) about how the way you dress affects the way you feel and perform.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/08/your-money/dress-the-part-and-its-easier-to-walk-the-walk.html

Really Clark?
03-29-2021, 11:57 AM
Consider the following article form the NY Times (not a conservative newspaper) about how the way you dress affects the way you feel and perform.

Thats great and applies more appropriately to the situations described in the article. Which didn’t have any examples of how that does or does not apply to success as a baseball player. Any athlete for that matter. Especially how they look on the field.

Refer to my previous photo of how Justin Turner looks on the field. Most would equate that to this discussion, how he is dressed sloppy and like a bum. Many don’t like it. Now contrast that to how he looks when the team left to fly out for the NLDS in the below photo. He looks pretty sharply dressed.

https://sports-cbsimg-net.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w820/s/sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/Turner2014NLDS.jpg

How a player looks on the field and off can be completely separate. That was part of why I used Turner. He also dresses down in T-shirt’s etc., and none of that effects his performance on the field. The mind of many baseball players and how they can have true self-confidence in their ability goes so far beyond this broad stroke how you dress makes you successful mentality. It’s so so much more involved than that and only works with players who have that mindset to begin with. In fact applying this type exercise to someone that doesn’t have that thought pattern can really derail their performance as it’s false confidence.

There are 4 major mental make up components of a successful baseball player in the very broad sense. And this is universally agreed upon by sports psychologist and MLB team psychologist. Self-confidence (true belief that can and will succeed and that comes from many varied psychological mindsets), but the main part of this self confidence is it helps keeping the player from over thinking that hinders their action. Second, mental toughness, it’s a game of failure so a player has to deal with or even block failure from their mind. Third, stress and emotional management. And fourth a player needs to have a tendency to aggression. They want to act first instead of react after something happens. These are very broad strokes but a the essential starting points that teams use to evaluate players psychologically and sports psychologist use to start a profile into a player to help them down the path of finding what process helps them maximize their ability or help them over come road blocks that hinder their performance.

It may be that dressing well may help that player initiate a psychological state as a step to help them perform better. But for many it’s useless. Or useless concerning their on the field attire vs off the field. There is still truth to the adage that baseball players gain self confidence as they perform well. When you start having to equate having to look good off the field and on the field to have self confidence to play well, that leans much more to a female mindset and creates a false mindset among male athletes. In fact, psychologically with female athletes, softball players in particular, you have to really watch their self confidence out side the lines to get maximum performance. Confidence doesn’t come performance or not just performance. In general this is opposite for guys.

basedog
03-29-2021, 12:04 PM
Heck- Brantley Jones wore an Archie Who? pin to the mound when Gregory was the coach.

Brantley Jones was da man, no way you were born before this* LOL

Cooterpoot
03-29-2021, 12:15 PM
Bitter old guys on here bitching about how baseball players look and softball players cheer are just miserable 17rs stuck in the 1960s. The world and people change. It's time some of you do the same. People stuck in their own personal little ideals are short-sighted and need to evolve a little. Life is much more enjoyable when you do.

basedog
03-29-2021, 12:30 PM
Bitter old guys on here bitching about how baseball players look and softball players cheer are just miserable 17rs stuck in the 1960s. The world and people change. It's time some of you do the same. People stuck in their own personal little ideals are short-sighted and need to evolve a little. Life is much more enjoyable when you do.

LOL kinda. Being old and having values that I was taught isn't the problem with my generation. Life isn't necessarily better these days, it's JMO.

Cooterpoot
03-29-2021, 01:02 PM
LOL kinda. Being old and having values that I was taught isn't the problem with my generation. Life isn't necessarily better these days, it's JMO.

Let kids be kids. Life is what you make of it. The older people get, the more they think things are getting worse. Been that way since the beginning of time, but it's all relative to the next generation. They think it's great, til they get older and think it's getting worse. Then the cycle starts over.

basedog
03-29-2021, 01:07 PM
Let kids be kids. Life is what you make of it. The older people get, the more they think things are getting worse. Been that way since the beginning of time, but it's all relative to the next generation. They think it's great, til they get older and think it's getting worse. Then the cycle starts over.

LOL ok den*. Mean time tell those that wear their jeans below there butt crack to pull up their britches*

StateDawg44
03-30-2021, 07:56 AM
LOL ok den*. Mean time tell those that wear their jeans below there butt crack to pull up their britches*

Lulz. Sagging and rolling your pants up some aren't even remotely the same thing. Really taking it to the extreme there. :rolleyes:

If it takes telling them how to dress to make them win then do it. Some teams need more discipline than others. The clothes ain't the problem though.

Not having an established team leader to help rally and batting is the problem.

How they respond through the end of the weekend will be telling of this team.

basedog
03-30-2021, 08:00 AM
Lulz. Sagging and rolling your pants up some aren't even remotely the same thing. Really taking it to the extreme there. :rolleyes:

If it takes telling them how to dress to make them win then do it. Some teams need more discipline than others. The clothes ain't the problem though.

Not having an established team leader to help rally and batting is the problem.

How they respond through the end of the weekend will be telling of this team.

And I agree! I never said how they dressed has an effect on their play, I said I don't care or like it! I'd rather see everyone look the same in a uniform, I coached and played, it's what i was taught and stressed as both.