PDA

View Full Version : We must win tomorrow, can't get swept.

R2Dawg
03-27-2021, 07:24 PM
NM

West Tn Dawg
03-27-2021, 07:29 PM
We don't have the bats to compete with the better pitchers.

R2Dawg
03-27-2021, 07:32 PM
We don't have the bats to compete with the better pitchers.

Timely HR with men on base is what got us today not our hitting. That and not as good pitching. Probably left Bednar in too long.

Coach34
03-27-2021, 07:34 PM
Captain Obvious Post of the Day brought to you by Elitedawgs

Commercecomet24
03-27-2021, 07:36 PM
Not catching fly balls is what got us beat today. Those 2 fly balls get caught it's a different game. Cannot give good teams extra outs.

Dawgcap
03-27-2021, 07:37 PM
Bednar wasn?t tired. Made a huge mistake pitch. Defense let us down today and we left way too many balls in the zone and Arkansas didn?t miss. They made us pay on the few bad pitches we made. They were nasty when they had to be. The only thing that bothered me was pitching to their cf with 1st base open and 2 outs

Rex54
03-27-2021, 07:41 PM
There are no "must win" games this early in the season....

confucius say
03-27-2021, 07:42 PM
Wind was blowing out 15 mph today.
Will be blowing in 10 mph tomorrow. Advantage us.

basedog
03-27-2021, 07:45 PM

Not do or die but it’s a big game moving forward for us. Arkansas CF guy Franklin has killed us! Dude has game!

confucius say
03-27-2021, 07:55 PM
Not do or die but it’s a big game moving forward for us. Arkansas CF guy Franklin has killed us! Dude has game!

Should have been drilled couple at bats ago. Or thrown behind. They are way too comfortable in the box right now. Zero fear. Can't allow that as a pitcher.

Rex54
03-27-2021, 07:57 PM
Should have been drilled couple at bats ago. Or thrown behind. They are way too comfortable in the box right now. Zero fear. Can't allow that as a pitcher.

Good spot for Cerantola then!

confucius say
03-27-2021, 07:58 PM
Good spot for Cerantola then!

I was thinking more gravemen vs mason katz in 2013.

msstate7
03-27-2021, 08:00 PM
I was thinking more gravemen vs mason katz in 2013.

This a great post. That win was so big

HoopsDawg
03-27-2021, 08:41 PM
We won't do it, but I would start Sims as an opener. Let him go 2-3. Then you've got Fristoe, Harding, Preston Johnson, and Stennett all behind him

Coach34
03-27-2021, 08:59 PM
Why are some people against starting Fristoe? The kid has been nothing but awesome this year. He has pitched well all season. Start him and then bring on the rest. Hell- he is our 3rd best pitcher behind Bednar and Sims. Let him do his thing. Sims is our Closer/Long Relief guy. Get 4 our of Fristoe and then let’s see where we are .

R2Dawg
03-27-2021, 09:05 PM

Boy some are so sensitive. I don't mean must win or our season is over. That only comes once at the end of the year for every team.

A sweep would send us on a trajectory out of a top national seed - no not right now but we have a lot of tough series left. We need to show we can beat a team like Ark - meaning right now that is Ark.

KOdawg1
03-27-2021, 09:06 PM
Why are some people against starting Fristoe? The kid has been nothing but awesome this year. He has pitched well all season. Start him and then bring on the rest. Hell- he is our 3rd best pitcher behind Bednar and Sims. Let him do his thing. Sims is our Closer/Long Relief guy. Get 4 our of Fristoe and then let’s see where we are .

Plan needs to be Fristoe/Harding/Sims tomorrow.

HoopsDawg
03-27-2021, 09:11 PM
Plan needs to be Fristoe/Harding/Sims tomorrow.

Then most likely Sims pitches zero innings that matter.

HoopsDawg
03-27-2021, 09:12 PM
Boy some are so sensitive. I don't mean must win or our season is over. That only comes once at the end of the year for every team.

A sweep would send us on a trajectory out of a top national seed - no not right now but we have a lot of tough series left. We need to show we can beat a team like Ark - meaning right now that is Ark.

ignore Rex. Lemonis himself said tomorrow is huge. Sweeps are killers.

R2Dawg
03-27-2021, 09:16 PM

Might as well shut Elitedawgs down then, 75% of comments are obvious. Nice post 34.

parabrave
03-27-2021, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=Coach34;1314858]Why are some people against starting Fristoe? The kid has been nothing but awesome this year. He has pitched well all season. Start him and then bring on the rest. Hell- he is our 3rd best pitcher behind Bednar and Sims. Let him do his thing. Sims is our Closer/Long Relief guy. Get 4 our of Fristoe and then let’s see where wre .[/QUOTE

Good analysis.

Homedawg
03-27-2021, 09:41 PM
Timely HR with men on base is what got us today not our hitting. That and not as good pitching. Probably left Bednar in too long.

You mean two pitches after he should have been out of the inning? After wed already Charlie browned one fly ball? Bednar punched out ten guys in 5 innings. And while the "stats" show he gave up 4 er we all know that's bs.

HoopsDawg
03-27-2021, 10:16 PM
You mean two pitches after he should have been out of the inning? After wed already Charlie browned one fly ball? Bednar punched out ten guys in 5 innings. And while the "stats" show he gave up 4 er we all know that's bs.

That's a major flaw in the scoring system. I wish they could rule that an error even if it's not assigned to a specific player. Sucks that Bednar gets hit with earned runs there.

KOdawg1
03-27-2021, 10:28 PM
Then most likely Sims pitches zero innings that matter.
I don't think that's true. Let Fristoe go one time through the order, let Harding be a matchup guy, and bring in Sims if either of those guys gets into trouble.

Cooterpoot
03-28-2021, 12:22 AM
I don't think that's true. Let Fristoe go one time through the order, let Harding be a matchup guy, and bring in Sims if either of those guys gets into trouble.

You don't sit your best. He's got to be the first guy in after the starter. This isn't hard.

Todd4State
03-28-2021, 12:26 AM
Not catching fly balls is what got us beat today. Those 2 fly balls get caught it's a different game. Cannot give good teams extra outs.

THIS. And we have had too many adventures lately on pop ups and fly balls. I'm not sure what the issue there is but we can't have rec league defensive lapses and expect to win. We scored five runs today and that should be enough more often than not if we don't self-inflict ourselves with mistakes.

Why are some people against starting Fristoe? The kid has been nothing but awesome this year. He has pitched well all season. Start him and then bring on the rest. Hell- he is our 3rd best pitcher behind Bednar and Sims. Let him do his thing. Sims is our Closer/Long Relief guy. Get 4 our of Fristoe and then let?s see where we are .

Fristoe may be the first pitcher I have ever seen that threw a no-hitter and then two weeks later essentially got demoted.

Todd4State
03-28-2021, 12:27 AM
That's a major flaw in the scoring system. I wish they could rule that an error even if it's not assigned to a specific player. Sucks that Bednar gets hit with earned runs there.

100% agree. It's not the pitchers fault if he throws a pitch that should be taken care of by the defense.

R2Dawg
03-28-2021, 07:57 AM

Don't totally disagree. Some of the pitching stats are skewed. We had a mound visit right before the bomb. Always Monday morning QB but Ark hitting seems to have figured out our pitchers.

Point of my post was we were not that far from getting win in game 2. We were in control of game till the HRs erased all the good we had done.

dstatechamps
03-28-2021, 08:07 AM

Actual lolz..

KOdawg1
03-28-2021, 08:15 AM
You don't sit your best. He's got to be the first guy in after the starter. This isn't hard.
Lol well it's evidently very hard because he's sat twice this weekend.

TNDawg35
03-28-2021, 08:53 AM
Don't totally disagree. Some of the pitching stats are skewed. We had a mound visit right before the bomb. Always Monday morning QB but Ark hitting seems to have figured out our pitchers.

Point of my post was we were not that far from getting win in game 2. We were in control of game till the HRs erased all the good we had done.
It’s not hard to figure out 90mph gut fastballs...

That’s the diff in us and them. We roll them over to the SS or 2B, they hit them 400ft...

Coach34
03-28-2021, 10:13 AM
It’s not hard to figure out 90mph gut fastballs...

That’s the diff in us and them. We roll them over to the SS or 2B, they hit them 400ft...

This all day.