PDA

View Full Version : GoTro

preachermatt83
03-27-2021, 05:40 PM
How long does the guy keep getting a pass. We are Mississippi State. We recruit well. Our hitters just do not develop. Rowdy has regressed. Hatcher is no better at the plate than he was the day he got here. Cumbest and Pimentel should be murdering the ball. But aren?t. People can point to Foscue and westburg but I?m not sure they reached their full potential as hitters while here. I just think we should expect more than middle of the pack hitting in the sec. I?ve still never understood our fan base?s obsession with the guy.

BeardoMSU
03-27-2021, 05:46 PM
I?ve still never understood our fan base?s obsession with the guy.

Pretty sure that started the Hendo year and the trip to OMAHA. It's proving tough to replace guys like Westburg and Foscue, let alone Mangum and MacNamee.

KOdawg1
03-27-2021, 06:03 PM
I used to defend him but the fact that several of our hitters have regressed under his watch is alarming.

BeardoMSU
03-27-2021, 06:15 PM
I used to defend him but the fact that several of our hitters have regressed under his watch is alarming.

But we still do the 2 strike chest bump, tho.**

Bdawg
03-27-2021, 06:27 PM
But we still do the 2 strike chest bump, tho.**

What the hell is that supposed to mean anyway

Bdawg
03-27-2021, 06:29 PM

Is there anyone in our starting lineup that's shown considerable improvement from last year?

KOdawg1
03-27-2021, 06:30 PM
Is there anyone in our starting lineup that's shown considerable improvement from last year?
James

TNDawg35
03-27-2021, 06:32 PM
Ark smashed pitches/mistakes 400 ft.... we watch them go right down the gut or rolled them over to the SS...

Coach34
03-27-2021, 06:38 PM
Lemon works the hitters as well. It's not just GoTro

Hatcher is hitting .215 plays every inning. Cumbust is hitting .346 and has to scrape for AB's. You give vets time to get out of a funk and Rowdy seems to be about to get out of his- but how much longer can you have a 1st baseman hitting .215? Thats ridiculous.

Skinner is going to help the line-up. Rowdy should wake up. Allen and James are going to hit over .300. Forsythe is a perfect 9 hole and Tanner will hit around .270. We have got to do better with our choices at 1B, 2B and get some production.

maroonmania
03-27-2021, 06:47 PM

Hatcher is hitting .215 plays every inning. Cumbust is hitting .346 and has to scrape for AB's. You give vets time to get out of a funk and Rowdy seems to be about to get out of his- but how much longer can you have a 1st baseman hitting .215? Thats ridiculous.

Skinner is going to help the line-up. Rowdy should wake up. Allen and James are going to hit over .300. Forsythe is a perfect 9 hole and Tanner will hit around .270. We have got to do better with our choices at 1B, 2B and get some production.

I personally don't think Leggett is the long term solution at 2nd base but we don't have a lot of other options if Dubrule is not going to hit. If he is the NCAA active hit leader then Jacksonville must play some really crappy competition. Even with the step up in competition you would think he could hit above .250.

HoopsDawg
03-27-2021, 06:47 PM

Going to have to move Tanner Allen back to 1st base and start playing Cumbest in the OF. Cumbest strikes out way too much but at least he has potential. Who knows with more AB's he may be good by the postseason.

HoopsDawg
03-27-2021, 06:49 PM
I personally don't think Leggett is the long term solution at 2nd base but we don't have a lot of other options if Dubrule is not going to hit. If he is the NCAA active hit leader then Jacksonville must play some really crappy competition. Even with the step up in competition you would think he could hit above .250.

If Jordan hadn't quit, we could have moved Forsthe to 2nd base, Kam at SS, and Landon could have started at 3B.

maroonmania
03-27-2021, 06:51 PM
Going to have to move Tanner Allen back to 1st base and start playing Cumbest in the OF. Cumbest strikes out way too much but at least he has potential. Who knows with more AB's he may be good by the postseason.

And i actually think Tanner is less of a defensive liability at 1B than he is in RF.

MetEdDawg
03-27-2021, 06:53 PM

What is Clark's availability? Is he good to go yet? He's got to get ABs. 2B I'm not sure there's an answer right now.

5 runs on Saturday isn't great, but against the upper echelon of the SEC, we probably aren't going to squeeze much more out of this lineup. Make plays we should make and this game turns out a lot differently.

But I'm concerned about this lineup long term. It's going to have to scrap for runs. Our pitching hasn't done well this weekend and this team absolutely cannot beat the upper third of the SEC if we get the type pitching we've gotten this weekend. We knew that going in and we just have to live with it because talent wise, this is one of our weakest lineups of the last decade.

maroonmania
03-27-2021, 06:54 PM
If Jordan hadn't quit, we could have moved Forsthe to 2nd base, Kam at SS, and Landon could have started at 3B.

I don't see Kam going back to SS, but I could have absolutely seen Landon Jordan taking Dubrule's spot at 2B. LJ screwed the team and himself over by just quitting.

BeardoMSU
03-27-2021, 06:59 PM
And i actually think Tanner is less of a defensive liability at 1B than he is in RF.

I remember him being ok there. Or am I forgetting something, lol?

Coach34
03-27-2021, 07:00 PM

Nope. James is not a SS- he is a future All-SEC 3rd baseman. But we could have made some type of damn adjustment. Jordan quitting certainly hurt and I hate he was so short-sighted in judgement.

William Tecumsah Sherman
03-27-2021, 07:02 PM
It?s a long season, fellas. Get hot at the end and make a run.

Coach34
03-27-2021, 07:04 PM
What is Clark's availability? Is he good to go yet? He's got to get ABs. 2B I'm not sure there's an answer right now.

5 runs on Saturday isn't great, but against the upper echelon of the SEC, we probably aren't going to squeeze much more out of this lineup. Make plays we should make and this game turns out a lot differently.

But I'm concerned about this lineup long term. It's going to have to scrap for runs. Our pitching hasn't done well this weekend and this team absolutely cannot beat the upper third of the SEC if we get the type pitching we've gotten this weekend. We knew that going in and we just have to live with it because talent wise, this is one of our weakest lineups of the last decade.

We simply dont have the hitting to win the NC. We can be good enough to get to Omaha tho. The wind blowing out and the 2 misplays on flyballs changed the game today. Rowdy cant let that happen and Forsythe has got to grow up, take charge, and make the damn play on the other. No excuses.

We have got to figure out who will produce at 1B and 2B

The Federalist Engineer
03-27-2021, 08:49 PM
We simply dont have the hitting to win the NC. We can be good enough to get to Omaha tho. The wind blowing out and the 2 misplays on flyballs changed the game today. Rowdy cant let that happen and Forsythe has got to grow up, take charge, and make the damn play on the other. No excuses.

We have got to figure out who will produce at 1B and 2B

We can win the NC if the wind is blowing In, keeping the moonshots in the park.

Maybe, We beat the Hogs 3-2 and 5-3 in a huge park with God keeping the balls on the warning track.

Coach34
03-27-2021, 08:55 PM
Nobody is beating Vandy 2/3 this year in Omaha

William Tecumsah Sherman
03-27-2021, 09:41 PM
Pisses me off the advantage vandy has in baseball

preachermatt83
03-27-2021, 10:21 PM
You sir are absolutely correct

Todd4State
03-28-2021, 12:33 AM
Today isn't on the offense.

I think the issue may be more with some of the players based on their history. No idea why Rowdey struggles so badly early. Hatcher will get better too- but he has to make adjustments. Not sure what is going on with Dubrule- he may not be a SEC player. Which was always a concern. We don't have a Rooker or a Mangum and the only two guys with that kind of ceiling are Tanner and James. And I don't think either one are in that stratosphere. Allen and Hancock are good hitters but they're not going to take over a game and they don't have an all world supporting case surrounding them.

Some people didn't like Cohen "tinkering" with the lineup but at least he wouldn't just keep running a guy like Hatcher out there just because.

I'm all for putting Cumbest back out there and TA at first because there is a chance it improves us both offensively and defensively.

The Federalist Engineer
03-28-2021, 01:11 AM
Some people didn't like Cohen "tinkering" with the lineup but at least he wouldn't just keep running a guy like Hatcher out there just because.

I'm all for putting Cumbest back out there and TA at first because there is a chance it improves us both offensively and defensively.

The silver lining with these loses is that a coach can make some moves that are due but needed a prompt. TA at first was rough to watch, but so is Hatcher batting. I wonder if a twitch athlete like Cumbest can’t learn 1B. This a big lad, pitcher, and a courageous football athlete. Hopefully, the coaches are already on week-4 of working him at 1B.

Dubrule is only 5 games into the SEC, so he was hitting poorly even before SEC ball was a factor.

Todd4State
03-28-2021, 01:53 AM
The silver lining with these loses is that a coach can make some moves that are due but needed a prompt. TA at first was rough to watch, but so is Hatcher batting. I wonder if a twitch athlete like Cumbest can’t learn 1B. This a big lad, pitcher, and a courageous football athlete. Hopefully, the coaches are already on week-4 of working him at 1B.

Dubrule is only 5 games into the SEC, so he was hitting poorly even before SEC ball was a factor.

I don't mean this as a slight to Lemonis but he doesn't seem like someone that would try to do something creative like that. He' pretty much a what you see is what you get coach and player's are what they are. The thing about Cumbest is he's probably our top 3-4 defensive outfielders right now. He's better than TA. TA has played first before so a transition back there probably shouldn't be too hard.

To me Lemonis is at his best with a team like our 2019 team where roles were obvious and there wasn't a lot of adjusting needed.

BiscuitEater
03-28-2021, 11:03 AM
What the hell is that supposed to mean anyway

Duh .. it means that the batter realizes he has two strikes.

Please tell me you were just kidding and you're really not as dense as your post!

Gutter Cobreh
03-28-2021, 03:01 PM
Great thread!

Would also like to add that our plate discipline sucks!!! How many games this year have we had that we've allowed the starting pitcher deep in the game because we've helped him keep his pitch count low?

Cowbell
03-28-2021, 05:10 PM

This Arkansas team definitely can.

Coach34
03-28-2021, 06:59 PM

They are the only team with a chance- but that ballpark in Omaha will choke them out flyball after flyball

Coach34
03-28-2021, 07:00 PM
Great thread!

Would also like to add that our plate discipline sucks!!! How many games this year have we had that we've allowed the starting pitcher deep in the game because we've helped him keep his pitch count low?

No doubt. We have zero plate discipline

Bdawg
03-28-2021, 09:34 PM
Duh .. it means that the batter realizes he has two strikes.

Please tell me you were just kidding and you're really not as dense as your post!

I know they do it when they get 2 strikes. But what is that supposed to symbolize when you beat your chest like a gorilla. Just another stupid looking antic to me.

Todd4State
03-28-2021, 09:39 PM
I know they do it when they get 2 strikes. But what is that supposed to symbolize when you beat your chest like a gorilla. Just another stupid looking antic to me.

It just means get tough basically. It's nothing. Who cares? Just another thing to bitch about that doesn't have anything to do with our real problems.

Bdawg
03-28-2021, 09:47 PM
It just means get tough basically. It's nothing. Who cares? Just another thing to bitch about that doesn't have anything to do with our real problems.

To each his own. It doesn't really bother me though. Just dumb looking to me. Quit thinking about beating your chest and get ready for the next pitch.

Homedawg
03-28-2021, 09:48 PM

I'm not sold on ark pitching just yet. Starters anyway. Sat and Sunday guys are meh at best. I think their pen is pretty good.

Todd4State
03-28-2021, 09:50 PM
To each his own. It doesn't really bother me though. Just dumb looking to me. Quit thinking about beating your chest and get ready for the next pitch.

Every college team does something dumb looking. Every MLB team does too. It's just how it is.

Dannyripms
03-29-2021, 05:17 AM

It means even though you're at your last strike you are going to give your all for the team. Your not giving up. Jake M. started it a few years ago.

maroonmania
03-29-2021, 07:40 AM
Every college team does something dumb looking. Every MLB team does too. It's just how it is.

I am disappointed in Lemonis for not having a more strict uniform dress code. It smacks of a lack of discipline on a team to have some players playing in what looks like gym shorts and then others playing with a bunch of gold chains on like Mr. T or something. I guess if they are good enough and win enough they can do whatever, but until then they should at least look like a TEAM and not a bunch of guys 'expressing' themselves and their individuality in their uniform attire.

WPS
03-29-2021, 11:04 AM
I'm not sold on ark pitching just yet. Starters anyway. Sat and Sunday guys are meh at best. I think their pen is pretty good.

Both have ERAs around 3.00 which isn't horrible but yeah Arkansas' problem with pitching is inconsistency, lot of guys who look great one week then awful the next.

TNDawg35
03-29-2021, 12:20 PM
Ok so just to make sure I have this correct. If eliminate,
- short pants
- long pants
- gold chains
- silver chains
- goofy home run dances
- chest pounding
- and the most important, Cohen, Lemonis, GoTro...

We can win at all... If not, we won’t win 10 more games...

maroonmania
03-29-2021, 04:32 PM
Ok so just to make sure I have this correct. If eliminate,
- short pants
- long pants
- gold chains
- silver chains
- goofy home run dances
- chest pounding
- and the most important, Cohen, Lemonis, GoTro...

We can win at all... If not, we won’t win 10 more games...

Is it too much to ask a team to dress with a little class for a program like ours that supposedly has tradition? I would be fine with just dropping the basketball shorts and the excessive chains around the neck. I certainly don't mind a home run dance since that would actually mean we hit a home run.

TNDawg35
03-29-2021, 04:54 PM
Is it too much to ask a team to dress with a little class for a program like ours that supposedly has tradition? I would be fine with just dropping the basketball shorts and the excessive chains around the neck. I certainly don't mind a home run dance since that would actually mean we hit a home run.

Oh don’t get me wrong. I think the shorts are terrible. Believe me... If I was the coach I would come unglued after getting swept like we did and your wanting to play in damn girls softball shorts.

But it is what it is. Chains, dancing, pimp shots, it’s all part of it now unfortunately.

That’s all fine if we had the damn players to back it up. But when your playing shorty and getting skull drug, the games are over...