PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure it has been mentioned before

Bucky Dog
11-11-2013, 10:21 AM
But I would like to see us schedule home/home with Memphis and Tulane like the good old days. It is always good for our fans to go to either Memphis or Nola each year. I know personally I don't care to go to Mobile or Troy.

geotop
11-11-2013, 10:37 AM
I heard that ! ! !

Political Hack
11-11-2013, 10:51 AM
I'd throw in GaState to get ATL in the mix too. UAB and USA aren't horrible places for off years between NOLA, Memphis, and ATL either. Be good for a little extra exposure in some big markets and an easy road trip for a lot of alumni.

FISHDAWG
11-11-2013, 10:55 AM
no body should ever have to experience the Memphis stadium, environment, or lack of traffic / crowd control ..... BBQ is ok

Drugdog
11-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Thank you for a meaningful thoughtful thread about how to Improve things. Beats the heck out of Duh crowd jibberish.
I agree would be more fun than Mobile.

Political Hack
11-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Mobile and Memphis are about the same to me. Both are ok for an overnight trip, and that's about it. Each have one nightlife spot that you can wear out in a few hours and some good dining.

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Is Tulane still planning on building a new stadium?

I agree, playing in Memphis and New Orleans is far better than Birmingham or Mobile

bully99
11-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Why don't we just go ahead and play jsu at Memorial Stadium in Jackson. Good safe area.

HoopsDawg
11-11-2013, 11:05 AM
We should play Memphis, Tulane, UAB, and a rotating AQ conference school every year.

BulldogBear
11-11-2013, 11:25 AM
no body should ever have to experience the Memphis stadium, environment, or lack of traffic / crowd control ..... BBQ is ok

You must've gone to the UCF game in Lberty Bowl. Good grief what a disaster. Watched most of the first quarter from a shuffling crowd easing along at 20 feet per minute trying to get to our seats

DownwardDawg
11-11-2013, 11:30 AM
You must've gone to the UCF game in Lberty Bowl. Good grief what a disaster. Watched most of the first quarter from a shuffling crowd easing along at 20 feet per minute trying to get to our seats

It was horrible.

Behrdawg
11-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Is Tulane still planning on building a new stadium?

I agree, playing in Memphis and New Orleans is far better than Birmingham or Mobile

Its being built now. It's hard to schedule Tulane because everybody wants to play Tulane in NOLA.

DownwardDawg
11-11-2013, 11:33 AM
I spoke with Greg Byrne a few years ago about playing Tulane at Tulane every year. He told me that he had approached them and they would not commit. Everybody wants to play Tulane in the dome. Great weekend experience when your team is playing there.

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Its being built now. It's hard to schedule Tulane because everybody wants to play Tulane in NOLA.

Yea. Just seems that wi Mississippi being a close recruiting area! and having the Tulane campus in Madison now...that they would want to play Mississippi teams as much as possible

FISHDAWG
11-11-2013, 11:46 AM

BINGO - I finally started walking the seats to get around the crowd .... I could go on and on but the bottom line is once was enough and I shall not return

ScottH
11-11-2013, 11:55 AM
I'd vote for Rice and SMU. Two safe on-campus venues. Two winnable games. Two new opponents. Two fairly easy road trips.

If we are going to play @ let's not be @ Troy and @ USA. I'm kinda embarrassed about those road trips.

curmudgeon
11-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Here's the list of acceptable regional road out of conference opponents

Tulane
South Alabama
Memphis
Georgia State
Southern Methodist
Rice
Houston
UNC Charlotte

trob115
11-11-2013, 12:00 PM
I don't mind the trip to Mobile. I get to stay at my wife's parents beach condo at gulfshores, get to eat some good food, play golf, and watch a football game.

Coach34
11-11-2013, 12:03 PM
I'd vote for Rice and SMU. Two safe on-campus venues. Two winnable games. Two new opponents. Two fairly easy road trips.

If we are going to play @ let's not be @ Troy and @ USA. I'm kinda embarrassed about those road trips.

I like this idea

Bucky Dog
11-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Which is a worse venue, Legion Field or Liberty Bowl? Memphis makes sense because more alumni as does Birmingham. I wouldn't mind one of the Rice/SMU options as well. Nola is a good weekend as we all know. Somebody twat Stricklin with our genius ideas!

BulldogBear
11-11-2013, 01:38 PM
BINGO - I finally started walking the seats to get around the crowd .... I could go on and on but the bottom line is once was enough and I shall not return

I remember some little UCF Bitc... er Bimbo sitting on the aisle ringing a tiny gold cowbell in the face of every MSU fan that came by in that ridiculous procession. They thought they were gonna roll over us.

sandwolf
11-11-2013, 02:15 PM

I like these ideas. North Texas would be another possibility......they are in Denton, TX which is about 40 minutes north of Dallas.