PDA

View Full Version : North Alabama Baseball

PMDawg
03-23-2021, 01:44 PM
Elo Chess ranking of 301 (out of 302)
RPI of 262
Record 1-16
Team Batting Average of 0.164 (1 guy hits over .300, 3 guys over .200, the rest are .200 or below)
Average scoring 2.12 runs per game
Average giving up 7.76 runs per game
Team ERA is 6.99 (3 guys with more than a couple of innings with ERAs under 4.00, most of the ERAs are atrocious)
They K at a high rate at 176, while only striking out 129.
They walk at a low rate at 67, while giving up 92.
OB% is only 0.274, opponents rate is 0.404.
They have stolen 29 bases though (on 40 attempts). Based on such a putrid OB%, they must attempt a steal darn near every time they get on base.

All this against absolutely horrid competition. The guys need to take this opportunity to show out.

In summary, we probably win 2-1 or something. Ha.

ScoobaDawg
03-23-2021, 02:31 PM
With how bad they are I wouldn't complain if it's rained out... if not, yes destroy them and get some younger players some confidence.

StarkVegasSteve
03-23-2021, 02:41 PM
We definitely don't need to start Houston Harding for this one. Save him for this weekend.

KOdawg1
03-23-2021, 02:47 PM
Yeah I kinda hope this one gets rained out

jacksondawg
03-23-2021, 02:51 PM
We definitely don't need to start Houston Harding for this one. Save him for this weekend.

I’ve heard Tepper is getting the start tomorrow

StarkVegasSteve
03-23-2021, 03:04 PM
I’ve heard Tepper is getting the start tomorrow

That'd be good. Let him get 2 or 3 innings, and then give everyone an inning. Carmouche, Lovett, Self, Rokose, Simmons, etc. all could get some work.

Todd4State
03-23-2021, 03:13 PM
Our midweek games need to be used by our team to get players right. Need to focus on hitting fundamentals and getting right for those that need it. Also need to get guys work like Tepper.

It's also an opportunity to get Cerentola right. I think Lemonis is doing the right thing sitting him this week. I say start him against Grambling after working with him and trying to get his mind right and see how it goes. If he fails he fails. If it works great. Could also experiment with him coming out of the pen midweek too and see how that works.

So there is value with these games even though they aren't "exciting" opponents and their RPI's suck. Just have to win and our postseason resume will be fine.

StarkVegasSteve
03-23-2021, 03:50 PM
Our midweek games need to be used by our team to get players right. Need to focus on hitting fundamentals and getting right for those that need it. Also need to get guys work like Tepper.

It's also an opportunity to get Cerentola right. I think Lemonis is doing the right thing sitting him this week. I say start him against Grambling after working with him and trying to get his mind right and see how it goes. If he fails he fails. If it works great. Could also experiment with him coming out of the pen midweek too and see how that works.

So there is value with these games even though they aren't "exciting" opponents and their RPI's suck. Just have to win and our postseason resume will be fine.

At this point I say stick him in the pen for at least a couple of weeks. We need to figure out a role for him there for the weekends anyways.

Todd4State
03-23-2021, 04:50 PM
At this point I say stick him in the pen for at least a couple of weeks. We need to figure out a role for him there for the weekends anyways.

I agree. I think he can but we just have to find that role. Plus if Fristoe and Harding are doing the job why take them out? At the same time if he gradually builds his confidence as a starter he could end up being like Zac Houston in 2016 which is why I want to look at him as a starter for now still. But if not maybe he can become Daniel Brown out of the bullpen eventually. To me it looks like he has trouble repeating his mechanics more than anything. It may be easier for him to focus and do that in a one inning stretch rather than tell him to go out and do that for five innings and 2-3 times through an order. He may also turn out to be Evan Mitchell too.

AlSwearengen
03-23-2021, 06:18 PM
A lot of pitchers need game work. Doesn’t matter who it is as long as it doesn’t kill our rpi.

Coach34
03-23-2021, 06:26 PM
I could pitch an inning this week. Get some guys work that need it. Plan to go Fristoe/Harding on Sunday and let's roll. Hopefully Cade can go an inning or two tomorrow

HoopsDawg
03-23-2021, 07:11 PM
Great Scheduling Lemo.