PDA

View Full Version : Lemonis Radio show

MsStateBaseball
03-22-2021, 07:20 PM
TBA for Sunday starter but it will be between Jackson Fristoe and Houston Harding. Scouting will determine right or left.

Also he will tinker with the lineup to generate more offense. The order of the lineup not anyone knew. Although Kellum Clark should be back this week.

Rex54
03-22-2021, 07:26 PM
Very good. Let EC log those 7-8th innings in midweek games we're up big in for now.

If we can get his stuff manageable for 2-3 inning spurts it will be very valuable come June. You just can't write off the potential.

BeardoMSU
03-22-2021, 07:28 PM
Good to hear.

confucius say
03-22-2021, 07:29 PM
Even if we go fristoe, we need to move Harding to the weekend. We need the left handed option on the weekend. Bc we have almost no lefties on the pen.

Tough Dawg
03-22-2021, 07:31 PM
Harding will eventually take this spot. He?s a gamer.

Saltydog
03-22-2021, 07:45 PM
I agree. He doesn't have Fristoe's stuff but he knows how to pitch and in this league, that's valuable.

basedog
03-22-2021, 07:53 PM
I also I Harding, he is a little more seasoned.

HaggardDawg
03-22-2021, 07:58 PM
I'll still be surprised if we see Kellum. Dude lost like 20 lbs with his illness.

Coach34
03-22-2021, 08:37 PM
Fristoe is the Sunday guy and tandem him with Harding. Don’t need 2 LHP’s on the weekend. Fristoe is Gamer and has shown it. He dgaf who he pitches against.

Homedawg
03-22-2021, 08:41 PM
TBA for Sunday starter but it will be between Jackson Fristoe and Houston Harding. Scouting will determine right or left.

Also he will tinker with the lineup to generate more offense. The order of the lineup not anyone knew. Although Kellum Clark should be back this week.
There is only so much tinkering he can do. The guys on the field are the best players and that's who is going to play. Switch the order, great. But the players are who we have for the most part.

Coach34
03-22-2021, 09:09 PM
Yep. We are who we are

Bulldog1
03-22-2021, 09:15 PM
Yep- we need Harding on the weekends. With our pitching staff we should be able to manage in midweek games considering our midweek schedule. Fristoe and Harding combo is really good for a Sunday.

HoopsDawg
03-22-2021, 09:17 PM
There is only so much tinkering he can do. The guys on the field are the best players and that's who is going to play. Switch the order, great. But the players are who we have for the most part.

This is true, but over the course of the season you want your best hitters getting the most AB's. Not sure if that's the case right now at the 1 and 2 hole.

HoopsDawg
03-22-2021, 09:20 PM
Fristoe is the Sunday guy and tandem him with Harding. Don’t need 2 LHP’s on the weekend. Fristoe is Gamer and has shown it. He dgaf who he pitches against.

If Harding starts on Sunday, by the time he toes the rubber, Arkansas will have most likely seen 4 power arm righties in a row so starting a lefty is not a bad move. But if he goes with Fristoe, I won't be mad. Can't go wrong with either.

confucius say
03-22-2021, 09:25 PM
I'm not saying you have to start Harding on Sunday, but you need another lefty on the weekend. We have no lefty arms on the weekend in the pen right now that we trust to throw.

Coach34
03-22-2021, 09:40 PM
If Harding starts on Sunday, by the time he toes the rubber, Arkansas will have most likely seen 4 power arm righties in a row so starting a lefty is not a bad move. But if he goes with Fristoe, I won't be mad. Can't go wrong with either.

What is UPig’s starting hitting line-up look like RHB’s vs LHB’s?

Coach34
03-22-2021, 09:42 PM
I'm not saying you have to start Harding on Sunday, but you need another lefty on the weekend. We have no lefty arms on the weekend in the pen right now that we trust to throw.

Agree with you here completely. That’s why I’m starting Fristoe on Sundays

MetEdDawg
03-22-2021, 10:09 PM
I don't think you mess with Harding midweek. I understand we've got a lot of quality arms. But one way to mess things up is to start struggling mid week.

Starting Harding mid week pretty much guarantees us a win and gives us wiggle room if we have an off night hitting, which we are going to have mid week sometimes.

I think Fristoe is an absolute must start on Sunday though. And you can use Harding for an inning or 2 on Sunday as his "bullpen session". I don't know that substituting Harding in Sunday relief is the trade off really. Win your midweek and get the week started off solid and allow Harding to get starting innings.

HoopsDawg
03-22-2021, 10:24 PM
I don't think you mess with Harding midweek. I understand we've got a lot of quality arms. But one way to mess things up is to start struggling mid week.

Starting Harding mid week pretty much guarantees us a win and gives us wiggle room if we have an off night hitting, which we are going to have mid week sometimes.

I think Fristoe is an absolute must start on Sunday though. And you can use Harding for an inning or 2 on Sunday as his "bullpen session". I don't know that substituting Harding in Sunday relief is the trade off really. Win your midweek and get the week started off solid and allow Harding to get starting innings.

I don't think you realize how poor our midweek competition is the rest of the year. Guys like Mikey Tepper, Koestler, Tullar, Carmouche, Hunt, Lovett, Price, Self and maybe even Cade Smith will do just fine vs the SWAC and others.

The Federalist Engineer
03-22-2021, 10:25 PM

Struggling midweek is not going to happen. Koestler, Tullar, or Stone Simmons can take care of the midweek. Harding is marquee and necessary for the SEC.

In fact you could platoon Tullar and Simmons on midweeks to get them both ready for later. These guys can be a right and left JP France for us.

HoopsDawg
03-22-2021, 10:45 PM
Struggling midweek is not going to happen. Koestler, Tullar, or Stone Simmons can take care of the midweek. Harding is marquee and necessary for the SEC.

In fact you could platoon Tullar and Simmons on midweeks to get them both ready for later. These guys can be a right and left JP France for us.

Yeah, you need 8 arms for an SEC weekend. We know who our top 8 guys are at the moment. Finding 1 or 2 more to be matchup guys would be nice. It seems Chase Patrick may have the edge from the right side. Maybe Tullar can continue to get work in the midweek until he is ready. Tullar, Carmouche, and Rokose from the left. Gotta think Tullar would have the edge for this season.

Homedawg
03-22-2021, 10:50 PM
This is true, but over the course of the season you want your best hitters getting the most AB's. Not sure if that's the case right now at the 1 and 2 hole.

Who you want there?? A case for Hancock can be made. Past that I'm not sure who. Skinner is a burner that if he hits ground balls maybe. But he's not an elite hitter yet. Not close.

Homedawg
03-22-2021, 10:52 PM

This I agree with. And I think we need him out of the pen to make us the best we can be. Not saying he can't be a capable starter. He can. But w our staff, I think sec and regional time he's better served in the pen. And very valuable no doubt.

Homedawg
03-22-2021, 10:54 PM

I would agree with this in a normal year and decent opponents. But our good out of conference opponents are about gone. And the roster is week to week. So roll w Johnny whole staff tomorrow and go from there.

Captain Falcon
03-22-2021, 11:48 PM
What is UPig?s starting hitting line-up look like RHB?s vs LHB?s?

They are right handed heavy. Had eight righties in the lineup on Sunday when Bama threw a lefty. Five righties and two switch hitters in the other two games when Bama threw a righty.

HoopsDawg
03-23-2021, 12:13 AM
Who you want there?? A case for Hancock can be made. Past that I'm not sure who. Skinner is a burner that if he hits ground balls maybe. But he's not an elite hitter yet. Not close.

Looking at the numbers with a few X factors:
1. Hancock
2. Kam James
3. TA
4. LT
5. Hatch
6. Skinner
7. RJ
8. Dubrule
9. LF

Todd4State
03-23-2021, 01:26 AM
This is so easy. We are what we are.

MacLeoud and Bednar are obvious. I think they want to make sure that Fristoe doesn't get burned out while at the same time getting him experience. Harding/Fristoe as a Sunday match up makes sense. Some people don't like our schedule midweek and playing SWAC teams but that could turn out to be blessing for us this year because we can start Cerentola against those teams spot them a couple of runs an still win. But to be positive it will give Cerentola a chance to get right. Short term I start Harding to get him some work against North Alabama. But pull him early so he can start/relieve against Arkansas.

Sims, Smith, Preston Johnson, Koestler and Stinnett need to be the primary bullpen guys. Maybe Simmons too.

Yeah the lineup probably needs to be tweaked as far as the batting order goes. The thing is Lemonis knows that most of the guys struggling now will turn it on late in the year. Give LSU some credit- their Friday guy is a possible first round pick and their Saturday guy is a really good college pitcher and better right now than Hill their Friday guy. Their Sunday guy is inconsistent but getting behind helped them out immensely and hurt us.

Skinner may emerge as the leadoff guy. We just don't have a ton of PA's to go by. Eventually I think we will maybe see

1. Skinner
2. TA
3. Rowdey
4. Kam
5. Tanner
6. Hancock
7. Hatcher- could see Pimentel get a chance soon too.
8. Forsyth
9. Dubrule

Lord McBuckethead
03-23-2021, 02:03 AM

Hancock needs as many at bats as possible.

shoeless joe
03-23-2021, 09:03 AM

I’d stick Hancock in the two hole. He knows the zone and gives good ABs. As far as lead off I don’t know that we have a great option at the moment.

Rex54
03-23-2021, 09:18 AM
I’d stick Hancock in the two hole. He knows the zone and gives good ABs. As far as lead off I don’t know that we have a great option at the moment.

You could just go hard right out of the gate.

Hancock, James, Allen, Tanner, Rowdey, Hatcher, Dubrule, Forsythe, Skinner.

MsStateBaseball
03-23-2021, 09:26 AM
Skinner
Hancock
TA
James
LT
Rowdey
Hatcher
Dubrule
Forsythe

shoeless joe
03-23-2021, 09:42 AM
Skinner
Hancock
TA
James
LT
Rowdey
Hatcher
Dubrule
Forsythe

Can’t see em goin L, L, L all in a row to start.

Rex54
03-23-2021, 09:44 AM

Correct.

Homedawg
03-23-2021, 09:58 AM

and L,L,L to end it. That's 6 in a row w our 2 rh hitters together w rowdey after that. That's a pitching coaches dream as far as a bullpen matchup decision.

Rex54
03-23-2021, 10:05 AM
and L,L,L to end it. That's 6 in a row w our 2 rh hitters together w rowdey after that. That's a pitching coaches dream as far as a bullpen matchup decision.

Forsythe is a R

Homedawg
03-23-2021, 10:31 AM
Forsythe is a R

that is correct. error on my part. We would still try to avoid the three in a row at the top.

Offshore Dawg
03-23-2021, 12:32 PM
Hancock needs as many at bats as possible.

Can he go practice somewhere else where outs won't cost the dawgs a game.

WPS
03-23-2021, 03:57 PM
What is UPig?s starting hitting line-up look like RHB?s vs LHB?s?

So far the lineup most of the year has been:

S
R
L
R
L
S
L
R (maybe)
R

I say maybe in the 8-hole because LF is the only position unsettled. The other guy splitting time there is a lefty. The righty (Braydon Webb) is a returning starter but is only hitting .065 so I'm not sure how many more chances he will get. The roster as a whole has a lot of power and IMO will finish top 3 in the SEC in home runs at the end of the season but I believe we also currently lead the SEC in strikeouts, very aggressive. Part of why we either score 0-1 runs or 9-10 any given game it seems like.

Bulldog1
03-23-2021, 04:51 PM
Mikey Tepper has been announced as the starter for tomorrow.

Todd4State
03-23-2021, 04:57 PM
Mikey Tepper has been announced as the starter for tomorrow.

Only question now is Fristoe or Harding for Sunday?

Homedawg
03-23-2021, 07:14 PM
Only question now is Fristoe or Harding for Sunday?

Fristoe. No reason not to. We have one other lhp out of the pen. And might not have him this week. Who knows who we cut from last weeks roster.

Todd4State
03-23-2021, 10:24 PM
Fristoe. No reason not to. We have one other lhp out of the pen. And might not have him this week. Who knows who we cut from last weeks roster.

Plus he deserves it.