PDA

View Full Version : Is it time....

Dawgman22
11-11-2013, 12:35 AM
For Dan and staff to start prepping for the Ole Miss game? That is the game that will in all likelihood determine if he stays or goes regardless of what happens in Little Rock.

TheRef
11-11-2013, 12:43 AM
No.

msstate7
11-11-2013, 12:46 AM
One of the reasons everyone seems to want Dan fired is no relentless effort anymore. The last thing this team needs is to forfeit a game before it starts. I want us to go all out this weekend bc we have nothing to lose. Bama's very good, but their team is still 18-22-year olds so anything can happen

Todd4State
11-11-2013, 01:31 AM
Not just no- but heck no.

So, we're just going to tank Alabama (OK, they probably beat us anyway, and Arkansas- and by doing so, we end the slim hope we have of going to a bowl? Heck, if Dan did that I would want him fired even more. It's not really a question of either/or- Dan has to beat Ole Miss to go to a bowl anyway.

There is no advantage as far as preparation because Ole Miss has to focus on Mizzou before they play us- and honestly I don't think they will win that unless their incredible string of good luck continues. We just need to focus on beating Arkansas and then spend the three days to focus on Ole Miss.

But here again- yet ANOTHER reason why I hate playing the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving. It completely screws up our game week prep but shortening it up.

Political Hack
11-11-2013, 07:38 AM
they've been preparing for that game all year.

FlabLoser
11-11-2013, 07:43 AM
I suspect our preparation is more about us than the opponent - mental toughness, consistency, playing 4 quarters, not getting scored on to end the 1st half. Anything we do to improve consistency would be a big big plus.

Tbonewannabe
11-11-2013, 09:23 AM
One of the reasons everyone seems to want Doan fired is no relentless effort anymore. The last thing this team needs is to forfeit a game before it starts. I want us to go all out this weekend bc we have nothing to lose. Bama's very good, but their team is still 18-22-year olds so anything can happen

In 1980, it was a given that we were going to be blown out. It is why you play the game.

Homedawg
11-11-2013, 09:36 AM
In 1980, it was a given that we were going to be blown out. It is why you play the game.

True that you still play the game. However, in 1980 we were 6-2 going into that game. Only bad game we played that year was the whipping usm put on us. This year 4-5. Not a whole lot of similarities, other than Bama is #1.

notsofarawaydawg
11-11-2013, 09:37 AM
For Dan and staff to start prepping for the Ole Miss game? That is the game that will in all likelihood determine if he stays or goes regardless of what happens in Little Rock.

What a stupid post. It has bear written all over it.

Pollodawg
11-11-2013, 09:41 AM
If Dan loses to this Arkansas team due to no preparation, I will demand his head. It doesn't matter where it is.

slickdawg
11-11-2013, 09:43 AM
I expect Dan to continue letting Dak run the offense and mature. Hopefully that translates to a couple of wins in the next three games.

HancockCountyDog
11-11-2013, 10:00 AM
The focus needs to be on the Arkansas game - that is the one we have to win. If we lose that one, who gives a shit about the egg bowl and a 5th win.

Arkansas has to be the focus.

messageboardsuperhero
11-11-2013, 10:07 AM

Is that a joke? We still have two games before UM, one of them being very winnable.

curmudgeon
11-11-2013, 10:15 AM
We have stupid fans.

The only team in our division that we are unarguably better than is Arkansas, and you suggest we just don't worry about that game in order to prepare more for Ole Miss?This is the mentality that will make us poor lil MSU forever.

What about beating Arkansas and going into the Ole Miss game against an overconfident bunch of pretentious scalawags and beating them to make them 7-5 and going to a bowl game in the process?

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Many of you guys don't understand coaching. These coaches have their time managed to where they have plenty of time prepare each week. Mullen had all off-season to prepare to Ok State and look at what he came up with.

There will be a few wrinkles, but, at this point of the year, you run what you run and hope to execute.

TheRef
11-11-2013, 10:20 AM
We have stupid fans.

The only team in our division that we are unarguably better than is Arkansas, and you suggest we just don't worry about that game in order to prepare more for Ole Miss?This is the mentality that will make us poor lil MSU forever.

What about beating Arkansas and going into the Ole Miss game against an overconfident bunch of pretentious scalawags and beating them to make them 7-5 and going to a bowl game in the process?

I just love that you used the word scalawags. Makes me feel like a pirate reading it. Moving on.