PDA

View Full Version : Kermit...

basedog
03-19-2021, 10:10 PM
Terrible second half coaching. Street ball with no team ball, all one on one. Damn Kermit!

BiscuitEater
03-19-2021, 10:32 PM
OM was outscored by 19 points in the second half. That was the ugliest half of 'MBB' I saw this year. Who wanted Kermit as our HC?

PGHBulldogBG
03-19-2021, 10:53 PM
Bad game by Kermit. He is a good coach he consistently had mtsu in the tournament and I think he would?ve done better at state than Ole Miss, but he isn?t a good recruiter. That is going to be his downfall at Ole Miss

ZedFedder
03-19-2021, 11:27 PM
Bad game by Kermit. He is a good coach he consistently had mtsu in the tournament and I think he would?ve done better at state than Ole Miss, but he isn?t a good recruiter. That is going to be his downfall at Ole Miss

He is recruiting pretty well right now. I think he is an average coach. He didn’t consistently have MTSU in the tourney either.

msstate7
03-20-2021, 06:36 AM
He is recruiting pretty well right now. I think he is an average coach. He didn’t consistently have MTSU in the tourney either.

3 out of 16 years in tourney

msstate7
03-20-2021, 06:40 AM
In kermit's defense, he didn't have shuler. This could be a preview of things to come next season bc they lose shuler and joiner as ball handlers... they better hope Ruffin is the real deal.

BTW, I give Kermit somewhat of a pass last night bc shuler is a big deal to that team. This is the same reason I gave howland a pass vs Clemson and liberty (2 actual ncaa tourney teams) bc we were missing our best player, Molinar

basedog
03-20-2021, 06:48 AM
3 out of 16 years in tourney

Kermit had his big chance at TAM. Can’t understand some of the love except he was a graduate at Msu so that must count for something*

Again second half was a huge meltdown and all street ball, no coaching.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-20-2021, 07:29 AM
Ole Miss is a Womens Basketball School anyways.

yjnkdawg
03-20-2021, 10:00 AM
Buffen opting out and Shuler not being able to play sure didn't help, but Tech wanted this game more than OM did. Kermit was frustrated for sure. Jordan looked like the experienced player, in the paint, and made White look like the Freshman player.

SteelCurtain74
03-20-2021, 10:10 AM
OM was outscored by 19 points in the second half. That was the ugliest half of 'MBB' I saw this year. Who wanted Kermit as our HC?

That's saying something considering our first half against Bama in the SEC tournament.

yjnkdawg
03-20-2021, 10:19 AM

It was a weird game with major swings. First, LA Tech in the first part of the game, then OM comes back in the latter part of the first half, and then LA Tech comes back in the second half to win the game.

yjnkdawg
03-20-2021, 10:26 AM
Terrible second half coaching. Street ball with no team ball, all one on one. Damn Kermit!

I think the OM players had the mindset that they had won that game before it was even played. I was watching our baseball game so I didn't see the first half, but the announcers said Kermit laid into the players after LA Tech started the game with that big run. I don't think the players were actually listening to Kermit very much if at all. JMO.

ScottH
03-20-2021, 11:51 AM
they better hope Ruffin is the real deal.

He's really good.

msstate7
03-20-2021, 12:05 PM
He's really good.

I believe it. He's rated very similarly to d. Smith for us. I think d. Smith is gonna be really good in time, but imagine if we had to count on him exclusively this season. That's what OM is gonna have to do with Ruffin

confucius say
03-20-2021, 07:04 PM
So howland goes further than Kermit this year.

msstate7
03-20-2021, 07:08 PM
So howland goes further than Kermit this year.

Lots of miss state "fans" are sick with your last post

PGHBulldogBG
03-20-2021, 07:15 PM
In reality both Kermit and Howland did exceed expectations this year. Ole Miss was picked 11th and Miss State picked 12th. Ole Miss finished 6th and we finished 9th. The coaching was pretty equal for the talent on the floor for both teams. Hopefully Howland can improve and make this team around a 6 seed next year which is what they should be if everyone except Ado and Johnson return

Ari Gold
03-20-2021, 08:22 PM
He's really good.

I will take D Smith