PDA

View Full Version : Friday night SEC scoreboard.....

Saltydog
03-19-2021, 09:57 PM
UM 1 - Auburn 0 (Hoguland is damn good)

Bama 16 - Upig 1 (Pigs looking mortal lately)

Kentucky 10 - Mizzou 2 (Mizzou is BAD)

Florida 3 - aTm 1 (UF is loaded)

Vanderbilt 3 - USCe 2 (Kumar is filthy but finally gave up a run or two tonight)

UT 11 - UGA 6 (UT has gotten off to some great starts only to flop in the league so we'll see)

msstate7
03-20-2021, 06:46 AM
I only saw watched our game, but it was nice to see 3 of the biggest programs in the sec (LSU, vandy, and state) have some black players in big roles. LSU and vandy had Friday night starters, us a surprise starter coming up huge, and LSU's 1b. This is great for the game. Baseball needs to get some of the athletes it loses to football and basketball, and young athletes need to quit playing 1 sport only... play them all while in HS.

basedog
03-20-2021, 07:07 AM
I only saw watched our game, but it was nice to see 3 of the biggest programs in the sec (LSU, vandy, and state) have some black players in big roles. LSU and vandy had Friday night starters, us a surprise starter coming up huge, and LSU's 1b. This is great for the game. Baseball needs to get some of the athletes it loses to football and basketball, and young athletes need to quit playing 1 sport only... play them all while in HS.

I guess it should go both ways 7 in what you say about more blacks playing baseball, meaning what about more whites playing football and basketball? I’m not trying to make this a racist statement but I’m kinda tired of all this so call so and so lives matter stuff!
Btw, there is nothing racist in what 7 said nor I.

confucius say
03-20-2021, 08:08 AM
Another thing that is helping grow the game, even though I'm not a huge fan, is the bat flips, staring down bombs, pitchers yelling at hitters and dugouts after a strike out stuff.
My bombshell wife went to the Tulane game with me. Not a huge baseball fan but she likes the experience. She hated the Tulane team because of their antics and was giving it back to them. Said it was the most fun she'd had at a sporting event in years. More fun than football.

I've noticed the Jared carrabis guy talking about it too. College baseball is a better product skill wise right now than college basketball. I think the game has a chance to really grow.

99jc
03-20-2021, 08:21 AM
Another thing that is helping grow the game, even though I'm not a huge fan, is the bat flips, staring down bombs, pitchers yelling at hitters and dugouts after a strike out stuff.
My bombshell wife went to the Tulane game with me. Not a huge baseball fan but she likes the experience. She hated the Tulane team because of their antics and was giving it back to them. Said it was the most fun she'd had at a sporting event in years. More fun than football.

I've noticed the Jared carrabis guy talking about it too. College baseball is a better product skill wise right now than college basketball. I think the game has a chance to really grow.

Picture or she isn't real.***

smootness
03-20-2021, 08:58 AM
I guess it should go both ways 7 in what you say about more blacks playing baseball, meaning what about more whites playing football and basketball? I’m not trying to make this a racist statement but I’m kinda tired of all this so call so and so lives matter stuff!
Btw, there is nothing racist in what 7 said nor I.

Look at basketball at any level right now. There are more impactful white players than there have been in a long, long time.

basedog
03-20-2021, 09:14 AM
Didn’t see it in the south. Now out west and big 10 maybe so.

shoeless joe
03-20-2021, 11:35 AM

Good point. And I can tell you it makes a big difference in growing interest within those communities. I hope it continues and we see more black Americans in the big leagues.