PDA

View Full Version : Coach Nikki McCray-Penson press conference

KentuckyDawg13
03-19-2021, 01:36 PM
https://youtu.be/afF_doLlSF8

"Mississippi State is a championship program" x 5
"Evaluations" x 10

Based on her comment about "8 commitments" and with three coming in, leaves 5 left. Two are not accounted for...want to take a guess? Texas calling?

Oh, "Mississippi State is a championship program."

Hail State.

BrunswickDawg
03-19-2021, 03:52 PM
https://youtu.be/afF_doLlSF8

"Mississippi State is a championship program" x 5
"Evaluations" x 10

Based on her comment about "8 commitments" and with three coming in, leaves 5 left. Two are not accounted for...want to take a guess? Texas calling?

Oh, "Mississippi State is a championship program."

Hail State.

I think she was meaning that she "believes she has" 8 current players committed. Website shows 12 on the roster, 4 of whom are leaving (Wiggins, Cooks, Mingo-Young, Morris).

Homedawg
03-19-2021, 04:13 PM
I think she was meaning that she "believes she has" 8 current players committed. Website shows 12 on the roster, 4 of whom are leaving (Wiggins, Cooks, Mingo-Young, Morris).

That's how i read it too. All she did was dodge and redirect on pretty much every question.

Offshore Dawg
03-19-2021, 05:08 PM
Weak ass stuff

Jacksondevildog
03-19-2021, 07:03 PM
I didn't watch the press conference, but none of our media/podcast guys will ask any tough questions.

Saltydog
03-19-2021, 09:14 PM
I quit watching halfway thru it. I couldn't stand anymore of the deflection and drivel. I think Rick Ray was a better hire. At least his guys played hard. They weren't talented for shit but they played.

Todd4State
03-20-2021, 12:27 AM
It's really odd to me that she has been so bad. She wasn't bad at Old Dominion.

WildDawg
03-20-2021, 08:15 AM
It seems she?s proud of her ?big? decision of not going to the NIT. I?m sure the driver was more that we weren?t going to win it with her coaching, so why put the risk of further evaluation of that out there. Instead of - we have to evaluate now., we have to start now. An extra game or 2 of playing would - or should - not have prevented the same conversations, the same evaluations, that she is talking about. I mean, why weren?t those happening all season anyway?
At the same time, with all the ?blue collar? comments, it sounds like the players may have not been putting the effort into it. They may be lazy, but they also could have lost motivation because of the coach. I see it at work occasionally. Workers lose their motivation because of their ?leader?s? actions. Could that be it?

99jc
03-20-2021, 08:18 AM
It's really odd to me that she has been so bad. She wasn't bad at Old Dominion.

Coaching at old D. Isn't the same as what she walked into here....way over her head she needs to go.

ZedFedder
03-20-2021, 08:21 AM
Joe Mo was successful at Fordham but not here. So much of it is fit. No players at OD were in a position to have egos. Our players here are. It’s evident, too, that she couldn’t manage them. I hope next year is different, but when you are consistently talking about how Jessika Carter needs to stop fading away and she fades away ALL YEAR, that you obviously aren’t getting your message through. I will be shocked if she is our coach this time next year.

yjnkdawg
03-20-2021, 09:53 AM
It doesn't matter what a HC did as a college or pro player, who they coached under as an assistant, or what they did as HC at another school. The name of the game is at MSU you are now paid big bucks to win and be a championship type program (as she indicated) and that is the expectation of the administration and fans here. Comparing Old Dominion to MSU basketball (prior to her first season as our coach) is like comparing apples and oranges or maybe even apples to watermelons.

Mjoelner34
03-20-2021, 10:29 AM
How often did she say "you know"? I have heard her speak before and instantly thought that would make a good drinking game with her pressers.

yjnkdawg
03-20-2021, 10:39 AM
How often did she say "you know"? I have heard her speak before and instantly thought that would make a good drinking game with her pressers.

You know, she said it a lot. :D

SailingDawg
03-20-2021, 12:19 PM
You mean we didn't get an NIT invite?

Offshore Dawg
03-20-2021, 12:26 PM
I didn't watch the press conference, but none of our media/podcast guys will ask any tough questions.

Treat her like the national media Treat a woke ass Democrat

AROB44
03-20-2021, 12:56 PM

Does everything require a political comment?

Offshore Dawg
03-20-2021, 02:39 PM

What I said is still true.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
03-20-2021, 04:05 PM

The Democrat Party has made everything political. Bow the knee or you get canceled.

maroonmania
03-20-2021, 09:49 PM

You mean like blame Trump for the downfall of MSU WBB this season instead of NMP??***