PDA

View Full Version : Miss. State Men's Basketball Recruiting

jdelta02
03-16-2021, 11:27 AM
Expected coming in for next season.....

- KeShawn Murphy, 6-10 power forward (Ramsay HS, Birmingham Alabama...signed Miss. St.)
- Alden Applewhite, 6-6, 6-7 small forward (Compass Prep, Chandler Arizona...commit Miss. St., expected to sign in April) Note... Applewhite is the brother of former Miss. State basketball player Andre Applewhite.

Any thoughts on these two players? Also, will the coaching staff add to these in the April signing period. Any other recruiting thoughts?

msstate7
03-16-2021, 11:32 AM
Who are we expected to lose besides ado and Johnson?

KOdawg1
03-16-2021, 11:42 AM
I think we'll go after a transfer or two.

Big4Dawg
03-16-2021, 11:52 AM
One rumor going around is DJ Jefferies.

There is also rumored about 2 players leaving the program -

Q. You mentioned kind of building towards next year already, wait and see what happens Sunday with NIT. With this young team, most of them coming back, what do you think the identity of this team could be next year with you losing Ado and Jalen Johnson only?

BEN HOWLAND: I think we're going to add some good pieces to this team. I think we're going to be a team that will play four out, one in, with Tolu being the main guy inside. We'll definitely grow.

You look at Tolu and D.J. and Iverson, that's one of the top scoring trios in our conference. We've got to keep growing around them. I think Derek Fountain has made good contributions to our team here late in the season when he finally got his opportunity.

Deivon is going to keep getting better, improving. I think he sees all the things he's got to do to grow his game where he can be a really effective player in this conference. Cameron I think is going to be a good player. We're counting on Quinten, for example, to get bigger and stronger in this off-season, take advantage of his opportunity to play more. J.D. will be back.

He named everyone but Garcia & Montgomery - So I would assume those 2 gone.

Based on 'play four out, one in, with Tolu being the main guy inside' comment, and if Jefferies ends up transferring, we could see a depth chart like this:

PG: Deivon, Stewart
G/F: Molinar, GRAD transfer 3pt shooter, Applewhite
G/F: Stewart, Mathews
G/F: Jefferies, Fountain, Murphy
C: Tolu, Post, Davis, Murphy

msstate7
03-16-2021, 12:23 PM
Jeffries would be a welcomed addition

StarkVegasSteve
03-16-2021, 01:55 PM
With Jeffries you have the opportunity to be a very special team. Got to get him first though. Kermit will go after him hard.

msstate7
03-16-2021, 02:01 PM
With Jeffries you have the opportunity to be a very special team. Got to get him first though. Kermit will go after him hard.

Cam Matthews could be a very important in this considering they both went olive branch

jdelta02
03-16-2021, 02:47 PM
Cam Matthews could be a very important in this considering they both went olive branch

Also.....
Myah Taylor is from Olive Branch (Olive Branch HS)

Her brother played point guard for Olive Branch, on the same team with with DJ Jeffries and Cameron Matthews.