PDA

View Full Version : Lemonis

Cowbell
03-13-2021, 09:27 AM
I just want to give a shout out to the best head coach within our athletic program. In my opinion, baseball may be the hardest coaching job to have at our school due to expectations and having to work with a former baseball coach in Cohen. If he performed even remotely close to any of our other coaches he would be fired.
It is so nice to have a staff that has players ready to play, makes adjustments when needed, and demands a high level of play constantly. None of our staffs can say they do all these things consistently, regardless of win/loss. That is why I do not question why and when we do what we do on the diamond / our small sample size of this staff shows they know more than we do.
Also Lemonis is so professional, well spoken, and transparent during interviews. I stay on the radio call every game just to get his take because he always has some hints of wisdom to drop.

Saltydog
03-13-2021, 10:35 AM
According to the players Lemonis is a grade A asshole but they like playing for him. Got a bit of Cohen in him.

KOdawg1
03-13-2021, 10:51 AM
According to the players Lemonis is a grade A asshole

Most great coaches are.

Saltydog
03-13-2021, 10:58 AM
Oh, no doubt......You can't be their buddies.......

Cowbell
03-13-2021, 11:10 AM
According to the players Lemonis is a grade A asshole but they like playing for him. Got a bit of Cohen in him.

And the definition of a hard*** has definitely changed over time too. Our generation would probably just call him mild

Choctaw Dawg
03-13-2021, 11:21 AM

Yep, see Andy Cannizaro and the 2017 team. It is amazing what never surfaced about the type of stuff the players were involved in off the field that season. How on earth we made it as far as we did in 2017 is still surprising to me

Saltydog
03-13-2021, 11:28 AM
And the definition of a hard*** has definitely changed over time too. Our generation would probably just call him mild

A hell'uva lot of truth in that statement. The shit our coaches made us do in the 80's would be illegal now.

Homedawg
03-13-2021, 11:55 AM

This is sooooo true.

preachermatt83
03-13-2021, 12:25 PM
I said when he was hired he would be our McDonald at Louisville. I really believe it. He’s incredible.

TNDawg35
03-13-2021, 01:06 PM
Just need to make sure we hang onto Foxxhall also.

The Federalist Engineer
03-13-2021, 01:36 PM
Just need to make sure we hang onto Foxxhall also.

Let’s reduce the WBB staff to federal minimum wage and pay baseball what it’s worth to MSU

parabrave
03-13-2021, 01:53 PM

So was Patton!

Cowbell
03-13-2021, 01:55 PM
Let?s reduce the WBB staff to federal minimum wage and pay baseball what it?s worth to MSU
Without a doubt if we decide to keep this wbb staff

viverlibre
03-13-2021, 02:43 PM

I guess you haven't read the book, "Getting the most of your players by being their friend and not holding them accountable," by Rick Stansbury with foreword by SloMo and special endorsement by Nikki Mcray.

OLJWales
03-13-2021, 06:22 PM
Let’s reduce the WBB staff to federal minimum wage and pay baseball what it’s worth to MSU

People need to understand that some are not WORTHY of Minimum Wage.

Coach34
03-13-2021, 08:37 PM
Lemon and his staff are doing a great job and recruiting well. Turned out to be a good hire. He can retire from here as long as he doesnt get complacent.

R2Dawg
03-13-2021, 08:38 PM
I guess you haven't read the book, "Getting the most of your players by being their friend and not holding them accountable," by Rick Stansbury with foreword by SloMo and special endorsement by Nikki Mcray.

Not sure Stans belongs in the group of Moorhead and NMP. Stans ran off a lot of guys his first 8-9 years. He lost control in the end.

R2Dawg
03-13-2021, 08:44 PM
Lemonis is the best coach on campus by a large margin. 2nd best is probably the tennis program.

R2Dawg
03-13-2021, 08:46 PM
Lemon and his staff are doing a great job and recruiting well. Turned out to be a good hire. He can retire from here as long as he doesnt get complacent.

I wonder what would have happened if Lemonis had wrecked our program like NMP has WBB? How many years would he have got?

maroonmania
03-14-2021, 02:31 PM
Not sure Stans belongs in the group of Moorhead and NMP. Stans ran off a lot of guys his first 8-9 years. He lost control in the end.

Stans was not the A hole most successful coaches are but up until the end he had Robert Kirby to help keep things in check. Losing Kirby as his top assistant while at the same time keeping Renardo on the roster was the deathnail for Stans.

OLJWales
03-14-2021, 02:48 PM
Lemonis is the best coach on campus by a large margin. 2nd best is probably the tennis program.

Not sure I'm ready to throw Leach under the bus just yet.

OLJWales
03-14-2021, 03:02 PM
So was Patton!

Patton came to my mind first as well.

https://i.postimg.cc/15q6MgWg/Patton-Duty.jpg

R2Dawg
03-14-2021, 03:09 PM
Not sure I'm ready to throw Leach under the bus just yet.

Not throwing Leach under bus. You got to perform to earn status as one of top coaches on campus. Our tennis has performed. Leach can get there if he performs.

Cowbell
03-14-2021, 08:27 PM
Not throwing Leach under bus. You got to perform to earn status as one of top coaches on campus. Our tennis has performed. Leach can get there if he performs.

Yep!

bulldogcountry1
03-16-2021, 04:10 PM

I find it hard to believe that a grade A asshole would let his players choose whatever hairstyle they wanted, let them wear their uniforms non traditionally, allow them to celebrate after a hit, and allow pitchers to take BP as a reward. He?s not afraid to make tough baseball decisions, but it looks like there is a good balance of letting his players enjoy themselves when it?s earned.

Mobile Bay
03-16-2021, 04:27 PM
I just want to give a shout out to the best head coach within our athletic program. In my opinion, baseball may be the hardest coaching job to have at our school due to expectations and having to work with a former baseball coach in Cohen. If he performed even remotely close to any of our other coaches he would be fired.
It is so nice to have a staff that has players ready to play, makes adjustments when needed, and demands a high level of play constantly. None of our staffs can say they do all these things consistently, regardless of win/loss. That is why I do not question why and when we do what we do on the diamond / our small sample size of this staff shows they know more than we do.
Also Lemonis is so professional, well spoken, and transparent during interviews. I stay on the radio call every game just to get his take because he always has some hints of wisdom to drop.

I know I would freak out if Ron Polk was breathing down my neck the way he breathes into the microphone.

BB30
03-18-2021, 03:40 PM

I agree with everything about Lemonis, disagree that it is the hardest job at state. It is without a doubt the easiest recruiting gig on campus. We are one of the top 5 programs in the country in terms of facilities and fan support. If we supported mens basketball like we do baseball we would probably be a little better at it too.

skadoosh14
03-18-2021, 03:42 PM

Lemonis definitely doesn't strike me as a guy who would ever get complacent

The Federalist Engineer
03-18-2021, 10:05 PM
Would any of us Trade Lemonis for Scholsnagle today?

Lemonis Keeping Gautreau and snagging Foxhall were mastermind moves too

Cheesebrough has given us good and complete catchers after years and years of single dimension catching

Cowbell
03-18-2021, 11:01 PM
I agree with everything about Lemonis, disagree that it is the hardest job at state. It is without a doubt the easiest recruiting gig on campus. We are one of the top 5 programs in the country in terms of facilities and fan support. If we supported mens basketball like we do baseball we would probably be a little better at it too.
Yeah well we expect a top 5 finish in baseball. Top 25 in football keeps your job and apparently top 75-100 in basketball gets it done.

StarkVegasSteve
03-19-2021, 08:01 AM
Would any of us Trade Lemonis for Scholsnagle today?

Lemonis Keeping Gautreau and snagging Foxhall were mastermind moves too

Cheesebrough has given us good and complete catchers after years and years of single dimension catching

Keeping Gautreau and bringing on Cheesebrough were two of the smartest moves that Lemonis will probably ever make in his tenure at State. Jake isn't leaving us unless it's for an SEC HC job and what Kyle has done with our catchers has been phenomenal. The job he did with Dustin Skelton could've won him asst. of the year in my book.