PDA

View Full Version : Since moving Rowdy Jordan out of the leadoff spot

KOdawg1
03-11-2021, 09:48 PM
he has 4 hits in 8 official ABs with 3 RBIs, 3 walks, and 6 runs scored. His average has improved from .196 to .241.

Hmmm. Small sample size, but seems like a change of scenery has gotten him somewhat going.

Good move by Lemonis. Maybe he reads ED*

ZedFedder
03-11-2021, 09:56 PM
Rowdey just isn’t a lead off guy. Outside of his size and speed, nothing about his approach at the plate says lead off. 2 spot is great for him. I also think bringing in Forsythe at SS and moving K. James to 3B was big.

KOdawg1
03-11-2021, 09:57 PM
Rowdey just isn’t a lead off guy. Outside of his size and speed, nothing about his approach at the plate says lead off. 2 spot is great for him. I also think bringing in Forsythe at SS and moving K. James to 3B was big.

Yep and yep.

CaptainObvious
03-11-2021, 10:07 PM
Still not comfortable with James defense even at 3rd. I guess he will stay there for now, in hopes his offense out weighs his defensive inefficiencies.

parabrave
03-11-2021, 10:19 PM
he has 4 hits in 8 official ABs with 3 RBIs, 3 walks, and 6 runs scored. His average has improved from .196 to .241.

Hmmm. Small sample size, but seems like a change of scenery has gotten him somewhat going.

Good move by Lemonis. Maybe he reads ED*

Yes it's obvious he does. Thats why there will be a pitcher ranking Monday morning/ But we have been saying move Rowdy to the 2 spot since the 2nd game.

The Federalist Engineer
03-11-2021, 11:04 PM
Still not comfortable with James defense even at 3rd. I guess he will stay there for now, in hopes his offense out weighs his defensive inefficiencies.

He’s the best we have at 3b and should be very adequate to good. Landon is less range.

Leggett is the same on Defense, way worse at bat and Polk thinks he does not run well out of the batters box. He was DP’ed twice for lack of running by Grambling. A Mendoza hitter should run like his hair is on fire. Polk indicated it looked like a lack of hustle.

maroonmania
03-12-2021, 08:13 AM

Funny thing is that he has taken more pitches and been much more patient at the plate with walks since moving out of the leadoff spot which is sort of weird since THAT is absolutely what you want your leadoff guy to do. Really your leadoff guy is primarily about OBP but every leadoff guy we have had lately seems to want to swing at anything and everything including Mangum. But of course Mangum made up for it with a very high batting average and rarely striking out but he almost never walked. Rowdy is not a guy that is going to hit near .400 so its odd that he has actually gotten more selective since moving out of the lead off spot.