PDA

View Full Version : Contract Extensions

Pinto
03-11-2021, 06:04 PM
When do coaches normally get contract extensions (move to max of four years)? Just curious if Cohen is going to recommend NMP for the extra year??? She sure doesn?t deserve it.

Johnson85
03-12-2021, 09:24 AM
When do coaches normally get contract extensions (move to max of four years)? Just curious if Cohen is going to recommend NMP for the extra year??? She sure doesn?t deserve it.

I would guess they will do an extension that keeps the contract at 4 years but that has a nominal buyout for that fourth year. I'm sure Cohen doesn't want to announce an extension, but I'm guessing they probably need to to keep it from hurting her recruiting. Not sure it matters that much; I think recruits know that coaches will be fired when they're fired mostly regardless of what the announced details of their contracts are, but it's basically free to do it so might as well.

Coach34
03-12-2021, 01:31 PM
ESPN has us listed as the last team in the NCAA Tourney- so my guess:

If we make the Tourney- extension plus money
If we miss the Tounrey- extension but no money attached

Johnson85
03-12-2021, 01:56 PM
ESPN has us listed as the last team in the NCAA Tourney- so my guess:

If we make the Tourney- extension plus money
If we miss the Tounrey- extension but no money attached

I would hope squeaking into the tournament with what she was left wouldn't get her any more guaranteed money.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-13-2021, 07:03 AM
The only coach that should get an extension is Lemonis.... this upcoming year will determine if Leach and his $5M napkin are going to work in the SEC...I figure he does something that gets him fired before he gets to year 3. We need to be building a list of replacements for Howland and NMP.

TheLostDawg
03-13-2021, 10:31 PM
What's this about Howland set to retire and Cohen having already contacted Rick Pitino to "congratulate him" on getting his team to the tournament their first year***

Dawgology
03-14-2021, 09:28 AM
Howland underperformed again this year and I haven?t watched a women?s basketball game in 2 months (maybe more?) and I don?t miss it. I don?t really think anyone cares too much about the basketball program any longer except for a handful of diehards. Hopefully they extend them both with no extra money and lower buyout and we can push any extra money to football and baseball.

Cooterpoot
03-14-2021, 09:59 AM
She's not getting an extension.

Coach34
03-14-2021, 10:33 AM
Now listed as the 1st team out of the Tourney:

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology