PDA

View Full Version : Dawgs vs. Grambling

VandelayIndustries
03-09-2021, 07:16 PM
Bednar on the hill, 2 k?s in the first. Dawgs coming to bat

RocketDawg
03-09-2021, 07:18 PM
Pretty sure the runner at 3rd for Grambling was safe, but our cameras have such a dark picture it was hard to tell. They need to address that issue. I watched a little of the OM game a couple of days ago and even their video was bright and clear.

starkvegasdawg
03-09-2021, 07:23 PM
He looked safe from my vantage point behind first base but I'll gladly be wrong.

RocketDawg
03-09-2021, 07:28 PM
The picture seems a little better tonight, but still really poor. The either need new cameras or new operators. The games with Kent State were almost unwatcheable though.

starkvegasdawg
03-09-2021, 07:39 PM
Haven't seen their pitcher break 84mph yet.

HoopsDawg
03-09-2021, 07:41 PM
I thought Tanner Allen had the worst baseball pants I had ever seen. Tanner Leggett said hold my beer.

99jc
03-09-2021, 07:42 PM
we should be knocking this guys dick off.....pathetic

The Federalist Engineer
03-09-2021, 07:59 PM
Polk says “we can’t call 74 mph his off speed pitch until he throws harder than that”

ScoobaDawg
03-09-2021, 08:00 PM
oh boy... self in. hold your breath.

HoopsDawg
03-09-2021, 08:06 PM
normally i would be mad about us playing small ball in the 3rd inning against Grambling, but that's who we are at the moment.

Turfdawg67
03-09-2021, 08:07 PM
we should be knocking this guys dick off.....pathetic

Don't worry. No one else in the SEC will fail to score in the first inning during mid-week games.

Dawgcap
03-09-2021, 08:07 PM
Forsythe with 2 nice plays. Strike out to end top of 4 with runner on 3rd. 1-0 good guys

HoopsDawg
03-09-2021, 08:08 PM
oh boy... self in. hold your breath.

lol, that was ball 4 from Self. I will take it, but hate to see it.

HoopsDawg
03-09-2021, 08:08 PM
Forsythe with 2 nice plays. Strike out to end top of 4 with runner on 3rd. 1-0 good guys

I saw the backhand. What was the other play?

Dawgcap
03-09-2021, 08:13 PM
Ground ball 2nd base side of bag instead of going for lead runner on tag just made throw to first. Safe but smart play. Especially for freshman trying to secure the starting spot!

starkvegasdawg
03-09-2021, 08:14 PM
Grambling pitcher is middle tier high school quality and we are having all kinds of issues with him.

TNDawg35
03-09-2021, 08:16 PM
Grambling pitcher is middle tier high school quality and we are having all kinds of issues with him.

Not as many issues as Legget is having with his pants. WTF is that shit...

99jc
03-09-2021, 08:16 PM
Don't worry. No one else in the SEC will fail to score in the first inning during mid-week games.

this guy is a shit pitcher heshould have been knocked out in the 1st inning

HoopsDawg
03-09-2021, 08:22 PM
that shouldn't be a strikeout. that should be a no pitch or something.

BeardoMSU
03-09-2021, 08:24 PM
such a refreshing experience seeing Cumbest not K, lol.
2-2, baby! Me likes.

BeardoMSU
03-09-2021, 08:26 PM
Double from Scotty. Plates 2. Dawgs lead 3 nil.

BeardoMSU
03-09-2021, 08:29 PM
Rowdy with a double. 4-0 good guys.

Grambling's outfielder looked like clown shoes on that play, lol....feel bad for laughing. Not sure what he was doing.

starkvegasdawg
Finally figured this guy out. They have a guy in the pen now.

ScoobaDawg
hitting is contagious. homerun TA!!! 6-0 state

BeardoMSU
03-09-2021, 08:30 PM
Lol, when it rains....it pours....

Tanner Allen with a 2 run dinger.

Dawgs lead 6 nil.

99jc
03-09-2021, 08:30 PM
there goes his dick just like i said!

BeardoMSU
03-09-2021, 08:31 PM
there goes his dick just like i said!

We'll probably be the only SEC team to not score 100 runs on Grambling tonight.***

ScoobaDawg

those ain't pants... looks like he got some shorts from the softball team.

Dawgcap
Nice inning

starkvegasdawg
03-09-2021, 08:42 PM
Hell of a catch.

Offshore Dawg
03-09-2021, 08:43 PM
What the <17> is TA wearing ???????????

HoopsDawg
03-09-2021, 08:47 PM
such a refreshing experience seeing Cumbest not K, lol.
2-2, baby! Me likes.

he finally got to bat against a righty.

starkvegasdawg
03-09-2021, 09:06 PM
Grambling bullpen has had 2-3 balls get away and in the field this inning.

Crowd is now heckling the pitcher when the catcher catches it.

smootness
03-09-2021, 09:15 PM
those ain't pants... looks like he got some shorts from the softball team.

Tanner Allen is wearing the same thing and has in a previous game, too.

Not a fan. At all.

starkvegasdawg
03-09-2021, 09:23 PM
Speaking of pants, one thing I've realized being at the game tonight the apparel of choice of college coeds is tight black yoga pants.

HoopsDawg
03-09-2021, 09:26 PM
Speaking of pants, one thing I've realized being at the game tonight the apparel of choice of college coeds is tight black yoga pants.

pics? **

BeardoMSU
03-09-2021, 09:32 PM
pics? **

Hear, hear.**

starkvegasdawg
03-09-2021, 09:41 PM
I can't get it to load. Seeing if someone else has better luck.

Hambone
03-09-2021, 09:44 PM
Just got off of work, saw we were up 9-0 and decided to check the board and see what’s happened.

Good God you thought we were down 9-0.

Some of you guys are insufferable

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-10-2021, 01:12 AM

I'd tell you what that is but won't for fear of offending anyone on the board that might be of a soft persuasion. Baseball shorts and jumping around after a HR like you're playing for CML instead of CCL scream PLEASE LOOK AT ME!! GIVE ME ATTENTION NOW!! There's a certain way you dress and a certain way you carry yourself on the diamond - some have forgotten that.

I'm all for celebrating a HR after you cross home plate with a tap of the helmets or even celebrating IN the dugout after that but you can carry the celebration too far and that's what a few are doing this season. Reel it back in a little guys and act like you've been there and done that.

Todd4State
03-10-2021, 01:35 AM
I'd tell you what that is but won't for fear of offending anyone on the board that might be of a soft persuasion. Baseball shorts and jumping around after a HR like you're playing for CML instead of CCL scream PLEASE LOOK AT ME!! GIVE ME ATTENTION NOW!! There's a certain way you dress and a certain way you carry yourself on the diamond - some have forgotten that.

I'm all for celebrating a HR after you cross home plate with a tap of the helmets or even celebrating IN the dugout after that but you can carry the celebration too far and that's what a few are doing this season. Reel it back in a little guys and act like you've been there and done that.

That's just the way the game is trending at all levels nowadays. It's happening at MLB and the old code of knocking down a guy for celebrating isn't considered "boring old school" by a lot of people in the game. Now the code is if you don't want me celebrating my home run get me out. And if your going to pump your fist and talk smack after striking me out you're going to have to be OK with me pimping my home run.

Look at the Tulane series- lots of smack from both sides. Moreso from Tulane sure. But you also didn't see any of the benches clearing, guys getting brushed back, and etc. That's actually becoming more and more typical.

smootness
03-10-2021, 08:49 AM
That's just the way the game is trending at all levels nowadays. It's happening at MLB and the old code of knocking down a guy for celebrating isn't considered "boring old school" by a lot of people in the game. Now the code is if you don't want me celebrating my home run get me out. And if your going to pump your fist and talk smack after striking me out you're going to have to be OK with me pimping my home run.

Look at the Tulane series- lots of smack from both sides. Moreso from Tulane sure. But you also didn't see any of the benches clearing, guys getting brushed back, and etc. That's actually becoming more and more typical.

I agree with this, and while I don't love all the HR pimping and over the top celebrations that seem to happen constantly, I also don't really have a big problem with it. If you're ok with Brandon Smith doing what he did toward the Tulane dugout, you have to also be ok with hitters doing it to pitchers. I understand Smith's was after Tulane had already been talking, but still.

My thought is, fine, pimp your HR, but then when the pitcher K's you (which he will do more often than you'll HR off him), you can't be upset when he shows you up.

msstate7
03-10-2021, 09:31 AM
I agree with this, and while I don't love all the HR pimping and over the top celebrations that seem to happen constantly, I also don't really have a big problem with it. If you're ok with Brandon Smith doing what he did toward the Tulane dugout, you have to also be ok with hitters doing it to pitchers. I understand Smith's was after Tulane had already been talking, but still.

My thought is, fine, pimp your HR, but then when the pitcher K's you (which he will do more often than you'll HR off him), you can't be upset when he shows you up.

No problem with pimping BIG Ks and HRs, but midweek vs swac teams seems silly. Now if we hit a 3-run against LSU to take the lead in the 7th or K an LSU batter with tying run at 3rd in 8th, pimp that baby... you earned it

Cowbell
03-10-2021, 01:47 PM
No problem with pimping BIG Ks and HRs, but midweek vs swac teams seems silly. Now if we hit a 3-run against LSU to take the lead in the 7th or K an LSU batter with tying run at 3rd in 8th, pimp that baby... you earned it

This is where I'm at too

StarkVegasSteve
03-10-2021, 02:04 PM
I love the HR pimping. If the other team doesn't like it then don't throw balls that can be hammered 400 ft. Damn some of y'all need to loosen up and just enjoy having a team who can do it. If you don't like it then no one is holding a gun to your head making you watch. But quit b****ing about the pants, the way the players carry themselves, and the HR antics. It's not doing anything to you. They're the ones playing baseball at the highest level in college so let them do what they want. We have a damn good team and some of the best players we've ever had and some people want to complain because they don't wear their pants to their ankles and shake the umpire's hand when he rings them up.

Lord McBuckethead
03-10-2021, 02:06 PM

I want whatever it takes for out team to strike out more opposing hitters and hitting more HRs when they get up to the plate. If that is doing cartwheels and tossing the bat 30 feet when you get a single with a runner on 2nd, so be it. Whatever makes it fun and exciting. I am tired of seeing our football team, men's and women's basketball team, and baseball look like they are bored. Get a damn fire lit. I want people attacking the opposition in every aspect of the game and gamesmenship.

Lord McBuckethead
03-10-2021, 02:07 PM
I love the HR pimping. If the other team doesn't like it then don't throw balls that can be hammered 400 ft. Damn some of y'all need to loosen up and just enjoy having a team who can do it. If you don't like it then no one is holding a gun to your head making you watch. But quit b****ing about the pants, the way the players carry themselves, and the HR antics. It's not doing anything to you. They're the ones playing baseball at the highest level in college so let them do what they want. We have a damn good team and some of the best players we've ever had and some people want to complain because they don't wear their pants to their ankles and shake the umpire's hand when he rings them up.

I like high socks personally. No way I would wear those pajama pants players wear these days.

StarkVegasSteve
03-10-2021, 02:17 PM
I like high socks personally. No way I would wear those pajama pants players wear these days.

Personally I don't give a crap what they're wearing. If it's comfortable to them and they like it then that's what they need to roll with.

HoopsDawg
03-10-2021, 02:31 PM

I like knickers, but I don't know what Tanner Allen and Tanner Leggett are wearing. It's pretty awful. I'm surprised Lemonis allows it.

BrunswickDawg
03-10-2021, 04:33 PM
I like knickers, but I don't know what Tanner Allen and Tanner Leggett are wearing. It's pretty awful. I'm surprised Lemonis allows it.

I'm all about high socks - but they looked like they had on sliding shorts and leggings. It was odd.

OLJWales
03-11-2021, 11:13 AM

didn't witness what you are talking about but I like what you are saying

OLJWales
03-11-2021, 11:18 AM

this also makes sense now that I think about it. pitchers didn't used to act like they do these days