PDA

View Full Version : Women's Basketball Program

jdelta02
03-09-2021, 01:08 PM
Loss of Jordan Danberry (to an extent..also Bibby, Espinoza-Hunter),, change of coaches and systems, some coaching and player growing pains, SEC being much improved, players losing confidence, overall energy level being down...all appear to be big keys to he team's decline thus far this season. Also, though very talented players, staff possibly not working with near the idea personel for her particular system. Offensively, Coach Schaefer had been mostly utilizing the Vance Walberg motion dribble drive, especially over the previous 2 seasons. Coach McCray-Penson and staff may or maynot have even known how to continue successfully running this even if they wanted to incorporate it or apects of it into what they do. Reported that Coach Schaefer went to Atlanta to learn it himself. Defensively, Coach Schaefer...utilized heavy pressure, emphasizing high level conditioning, effort and energy...sustained, wearing teams down.

Appears that new staff went a good bit away from the system that was in place....wheels came off. Taking a lot more time than the coaching staff and fans had previous thought to successfully implement the new system with this team, especially with the talent level and high preseason expectations. I still see potential in Coach McCray-Penson. She will need to assess, regroup,, and adjust moving forward. Take this as a learning experience, move forward while using it to your advantage. Why can't she eventually turn this thing around? Adversity is one thing, how you handle, respond it is another. Recommend...give her time, support as she attempts to right the ship moving forward.

I feel that I was the main supporter of giving the job to Coach Johnnie Harris, long time with Coach Schaefer's system at Miss. State, with him and Gary Blair at Texas A&M as well. Though, after Coach McCray-Penson got the jiob....put my support behind her and her staff. Still support.

Offshore Dawg
03-09-2021, 02:03 PM
From a Porsche to a garbage truck in less than a year

KB21
03-09-2021, 02:26 PM
Loss of Jordan Danberry (to an extent..also Bibby, Espinoza-Hunter),, change of coaches, and systems, some coaching and player related, SEC being much improved, players losing confidence, overall energy level being down appear to be big keys to he team's decline thus far this season. Also, though very talented players, possibly not working with near the idea personel for her particular system. Offensively, Coach Schaefer had been mostly utilizing the Vance Walberg motion dribble drive, especially over the previous 2 seasons. Coach McCray-Penson and staff may or maynot have even known how to continue successfully running this...even if they wanted to incorporate it or apects of it into what they do. Reported that Coach Schaefer went to Atlanta to learn it himself. Defensively, Coach Schaefer...utilized heavy pressure, emphasizing high level conditioning, effort and energy...sustained, wearing teams down.

Appears that new staff went a good bit away from the system that was in place....wheels came off. Taking a lot more time than the coaching staff and fans had previous thought to successfully implement the new system with this team, especially with the talent level and high preseason expectations. I still see potential in Coach McCray-Penson. She will need to assess, regroup,, and adjust moving forward. Take this as a learning experience, move forward while using it to your advantage. Why can't she eventually turn this thing around? Adversity is one thing, how you handle, respond it is another. Recommend...give her time, support as she attempts to right the ship moving forward.

I feel that I was the main supporter of giving the job to Coach Johnnie Harris, long time with Coach Schaefer's system at Miss. State, with him and Gary Blair at Texas A&M as well. Tough, after Coach McCray-Penson got the jiob....put my support behind.her and her staff. Still support.

Recognizing that she doesn't have a single positive trait as a head coach doesn't mean that I don't support her. I would like for her to win here. I just don't think she is capable of doing it.

Cooterpoot
03-09-2021, 02:41 PM
Fire her

Bothrops
03-09-2021, 03:24 PM
Fire her

Depends on if the admin cares enough to make the tremendous effort it would take to get a proven P5 coach for big big money. I don't believe they will and most MSU sports fans are ok with it and they know that as well.

Cooterpoot
03-09-2021, 05:38 PM
Depends on if the admin cares enough to make the tremendous effort it would take to get a proven P5 coach for big big money. I don't believe they will and most MSU sports fans are ok with it and they know that as well.

Girls got popular. More than men's is. More fans care than you think. But I agree, Cohen is a terrible AD.

klong-dog
03-09-2021, 06:18 PM
Good coaches adapt to the players they have and make winners out of them. She will never have a more talented roster than she currently has. Thus for i do not see her ever figuring it out here.

Coach34
03-09-2021, 06:18 PM
It doesnt help that Big Red is having a great year playing for the #7 team in the country and EH is playing well for another NCAA Tourney team

Coach34
03-09-2021, 06:22 PM
Good coaches adapt to the players they have and make winners out of them.

This. This. F'ing this.

ZedFedder
03-09-2021, 06:36 PM
Yeah there is no way to spin it. One of the worst coaching jobs I can ever remember at any school.

Dawgfan77
03-09-2021, 06:40 PM
How anyone can defend her shows how out of touch some fans are. Hell the OP is either JC or NMP

Coach34
03-09-2021, 06:46 PM
How anyone can defend her shows how out of touch some fans are. Hell the OP is either JC or NMP

Probably somebody in the athletic department trying to put out positive spin to help the program

99jc
03-09-2021, 06:50 PM
nicki is a loser and was the moment she walked her tiktoc ass on campus. worst hire in the cohen era nothing else even close.

RocketDawg
03-09-2021, 07:25 PM

We're paying her a big salary for a women's basketball coach. Not as much as Vic and Geno, but still a lot. I suspect those fans that packed the Hump for games the past few years would be willing for State to fork out a little more money for a proven coach. The Oregon guy just signed a contract for $1M, but we should offer him a little more (I think Vic was $1.5M or so) to entice him to come southward. Or the Louisville coach that retired (Walz?).

bulldogcountry1
03-09-2021, 08:27 PM
It was all over the moment Cohen hired an unproven coach with a different system. We had lightning in a bottle. We aren?t getting it back.

notsofarawaydawg
03-09-2021, 09:09 PM
FIRE HER NOW. More transfer coming for sure and who would really want to sign with her after this dumpster fire of a season.

Dawgfan77
03-10-2021, 07:05 AM
It was all over the moment Cohen was hired as unproven AD..We had lightning in a bottle. We aren?t getting it back.
Fixed it for you

William Tecumsah Sherman
03-10-2021, 08:03 AM
It sucks to go down so fast. But I gotta be honest, I don?t give WBB the first thought.

PGHBulldogBG
03-10-2021, 08:29 AM
Cohen just outsmarted himself here instead of hiring Harris. I have no idea how Harris would?ve turned out honestly and I don?t know women?s hoops like I do the three big men?s sports, so therefore I can?t comment on it there were other coaches available that he should?ve hired instead. I will say, being from Pennsylvania, I knew Moorhead was going to be a disaster from day one, but I actually thought this one might work. I still don?t fault Cohen so much for this as I do Moorhead, but it did seem like she had a decent thing at Old Dominion. I think the jump was just too big. At least if Harris didn?t work out I don?t think the outcry would be as bad because we could say we essentially tried Vic 2.0 and it didn?t work

basedog
03-10-2021, 08:42 AM
Let me say this, I can sorta understand the hire, McCray had all the check marks of being or having a chance to be a good Sec coach. Great player, good experience as an assistant in a top Sec program, and improvement as a HC at a use to be power house WBB school. Now as for as Harris, I read someone stated she wasn't a HC material, only thing I see in this maybe this is true as Harris was a twenty year assistant at three different Sec schools. Maybe she wasn't ready, maybe she was interested but for whatever reason Cohen thought McCray was the better choice. McCray just knocked it out of the park in the interview plus Cohen knew more about Harris.
In thinking and saying this, bad hire and I just don't have the faith McCray will turn this around and like some on ED who knows what Harris might have done with this team.

Ari Gold
03-10-2021, 09:25 AM
It will be as bad or worse next year .
Not sure why JC can’t see this, it’s crystal clear.

There will be more transfers when we find out if our name is called on selection Monday , if it is ( which is a joke ) we will be one and done and within days I’m guessing 3 or more transfer out.
I expect Mya Taylor to stay . Other than her who knows.

KB21
03-10-2021, 09:40 AM
It will be as bad or worse next year .
Not sure why JC can’t see this, it’s crystal clear.

There will be more transfers when we find out if our name is called on selection Monday , if it is ( which is a joke ) we will be one and done and within days I’m guessing 3 or more transfer out.
I expect Mya Taylor to stay . Other than her who knows.

I think it could be up to 5 that move on, including the two players who should be the best players on the team.

Offshore Dawg
03-10-2021, 05:44 PM
Turn out the lights the party is over

jdelta02
03-10-2021, 08:12 PM
I don't expect a talent drop off for next season. Also, have Temple transfer point guard Ashley Jones, AAC Newcomer Of The Year expected eligible. She can fill it up. Ashley has played well in the past, big games against Uconn, other good teams. Jasmine Shavers from Mesquite Texas...a knockdown shooter and really good scorer coming in. Shavers trained under former NBA standout Jason Terry. Recently been working out with Mahmoud Abdul Raouf. She's very good on defense as well. Denae Carter, big guard/wing (listed 6ft tall area) from Pennsylvania...a sleeper, could surprise. Looking at juco's and transfer portal as well. Coach McCray-Penson knows that she needs to bounce back strong moving forward. Expect her to keep the players that want to buy in, and be a part of the program...then look to hit a homerun or more with transfers.

schddog72
03-10-2021, 10:02 PM
I don't expect a talent drop off for next season. Also, have Temple transfer point guard Ashley Jones, AAC Newcomer Of The Year expected eligible. She can fill it up. Ashley has played well in the past, big games against Uconn, other good teams. Jasmine Shavers from Mesquite Texas...a knockdown shooter and really good scorer coming in. Shavers trained under former NBA standout Jason Terry. Recently been working out with Mahmoud Abdul Raouf. She's very good on defense as well. Denae Carter, big guard/wing (listed 6ft tall area) from Pennsylvania...a sleeper, could surprise. Looking at juco's and transfer portal as well. Coach McCray-Penson knows that she needs to bounce back strong moving forward. Expect her to keep the players that want to buy in, and be a part of the program...then look to hit a home or more. with transfers.

Respectfully, I think this might be the worst case of viewing this situation through maroon colored glasses I've ever seen. I think this coach is in so far over her head that she will never see the light of day again. Having said that, I really hope I'm wrong and you're right.

jdelta02
03-10-2021, 11:52 PM
Respectfully, I think this might be the worst case of viewing this situation through maroon colored glasses I've ever seen. I think this coach is in so far over her head that she will never see the light of day again. Having said that, I really hope I'm wrong and you're right.

Even if a person were in far over their head, remains the possibility of working your way to the surface....doesn't mean you're doomed to drown in the deep waters. Survive, and keep swimming. Eventually become a stronger swimmer, then strong swimmer. Never faint.

Regardless over her head or not, Coach McCray-Penson strikes me as a fighter. Don't see her fainting, don't see it.

Jack Lambert
03-11-2021, 12:25 AM
If you polled every Bulldog club member if they wanted the coach fire I suspect base on my friends majority would want her gone.

99jc
03-11-2021, 01:10 AM
Even if a person were in far over their head, remains the possibility of working your way to the surface....doesn't mean you're doomed to drown in the deep waters. Survive, and keep swimming. Eventually become a stronger swimmer, then strong swimmer. Never faint.

Regardless over her head or not, Coach McCray-Penson strikes me as a fighter. Don't see her fainting, don't see it.

Damn your an idiot! or a relative of that loser....or her!

jdelta02
03-11-2021, 02:15 AM
Some here rooting/have been rooting for her to fail., even before the start of the season..and now smelling blood. Posters have been rooting for the team to lose games. Posters have been rooting for the players to leave to the transfer potal or wherever. Posters rooting for the season to be over. Posters on this board spoke ill of both Sidney Cooks and Andra Espinoza-Hunter regarding protests, and speaking on race related issues...indicated in posts dislike for these two. Same with Coach McCray-Penson and the team....protest, social media views, ect. Posters posting about the woke media police, Posters rooting for Ben Howland fired. Posters rooting for John Cohen to be fired. Talked about putting Rick Stansbury's son in a wig,..putiing him on the women's team. Further, some here and other boards appear to genuinely dislike Coach McCray-Penson...some with a passion. Were posting dislike for her last summer and fall before the start of the season...issues with her and her views, social media related, going to Jackson about the flag, other stuff. Even posted negatively about the woman's clothes. With some, not all...this thing goes much deeper than just basketball.

Also, view of some posters on here...
people that make supportive, positive comments about Coach McCray-Penson, the women's basketball program, the situation, ect...are seen and treated as enemies as well.

I suggest get off of the negative stuff.

KB21
03-11-2021, 10:25 AM
Some here rooting/have been rooting for her to fail., even before the start of the season..and now smelling blood. Posters have been rooting for the team to lose games. Posters have been rooting for the players to leave to the transfer potal or wherever. Posters rooting for the season to be over. Posters on this board spoke ill of both Sidney Cooks and Andra Espinoza-Hunter regarding protests, and speaking on race related issues...indicated in posts dislike for these two. Same with Coach McCray-Penson and the team....protest, social media views, ect. Posters posting about the woke media police, Posters rooting for Ben Howland fired. Posters rooting for John Cohen to be fired. Talked about putting Rick Stansbury's son in a wig,..putiing him on the women's team. Further, some here and other boards appear to genuinely dislike Coach McCray-Penson...some with a passion. Were posting dislike for her last summer and fall before the start of the season...issues with her and her views, social media related, going to Jackson about the flag, other stuff. Even posted negatively about the woman's clothes. With some, not all...this thing goes much deeper than just basketball.

Also, view of some posters on here...
people that make supportive, positive comments about Coach McCray-Penson, the women's basketball program, the situation, ect...are seen and treated as enemies as well.

I suggest get off of the negative stuff.

What a crock of crap! I couldn't care any less about her social media posts or political views than I do right now. The fact is, she is a terrible coach. She inherited a gold mine situation and has proceeded to turned it into crap. She has the Joe Moorhead syndrome where she wants to be buddies with the players instead of being their coach. She is weak from a strategic and schematic standpoint. She obviously isn't a motivator. Her team is poorly prepared to play game in and game out.

It has absolutely nothing to do with rooting for her to fail. She fails because she is a crappy coach.

KB21
03-11-2021, 10:30 AM
I don't expect a talent drop off for next season. Also, have Temple transfer point guard Ashley Jones, AAC Newcomer Of The Year expected eligible. She can fill it up. Ashley has played well in the past, big games against Uconn, other good teams. Jasmine Shavers from Mesquite Texas...a knockdown shooter and really good scorer coming in. Shavers trained under former NBA standout Jason Terry. Recently been working out with Mahmoud Abdul Raouf. She's very good on defense as well. Denae Carter, big guard/wing (listed 6ft tall area) from Pennsylvania...a sleeper, could surprise. Looking at juco's and transfer portal as well. Coach McCray-Penson knows that she needs to bounce back strong moving forward. Expect her to keep the players that want to buy in, and be a part of the program...then look to hit a home or more. with transfers.

The talent drop off is going to be tremendous. She will likely never recruit a player as talented as Rickea Jackson to Mississippi State. Vic said multiple times last year that Rickea could end up being the best women's basketball player ever at Mississippi State. There is no one in this recruiting class that is close to her. Heck, Godfrey couldn't even get on the court this year.

CaptainObvious
03-11-2021, 11:04 AM
Let me say this, I can sorta understand the hire, McCray had all the check marks of being or having a chance to be a good Sec coach. Great player, good experience as an assistant in a top Sec program, and improvement as a HC at a use to be power house WBB school. Now as for as Harris, I read someone stated she wasn't a HC material, only thing I see in this maybe this is true as Harris was a twenty year assistant at three different Sec schools. Maybe she wasn't ready, maybe she was interested but for whatever reason Cohen thought McCray was the better choice. McCray just knocked it out of the park in the interview plus Cohen knew more about Harris.
In thinking and saying this, bad hire and I just don't have the faith McCray will turn this around and like some on ED who knows what Harris might have done with this team.

This may be true at the time the hire was made. But she immediately walked into the ?Social Justice? fix the flag, racism is rampant in Mississippi timeframe, and let those things interfere with the job she is being paid to do. Her personality also made her a friend to the players rather than the jackass needed to coach championship level basketball. State has championship level talent with poorly coached performance. I have no idea how she got that chair that is glued to her rear end on a plane, a car, or a team bus either. If she has a disability that?s keeps her from stomping up and down the sidelines and getting in RJ and The clowners faces, then let us know and we can accept that JC opened up the job as a tribute to the People with Disabilities Community. They deserve to work too.

jdelta02
03-11-2021, 12:14 PM
The talent drop off is going to be tremendous. She will likely never recruit a player as talented as Rickea Jackson to Mississippi State. Vic said multiple times last year that Rickea could end up being the best women's basketball player ever at Mississippi State. There is no one in this recruiting class that is close to her. Heck, Godfrey couldn't even get on the court this year.

Xaria Wiggins is ciurrently the only player to have officially announced going into the transfer portal. Fans have been suspecting, anticipating, others may follow. Rickea, others may stay, may leave...we shalll see (Note) Coach McCray-Penson has already indicated that the seniors are leaving...mentioned Thompson, Morris, and Cooks. Now Wiggins, that's currently 4. Moving forward..not saying who's better or who's not, but feel Coach McCray-Penson hit a homerun with incoming hs signee Jasmine Shavers. Madison Hayes (basically a McCray-Penson recruit) gonna be really good as she develops. Godfrey came in late having several other players (including more experienced) already firmly ahead of her. Another hs signee Denae Carter...big, very skilled 6ft ish guard/wing...ranks a good bit lower than the players mentioned above but really impressive player, bucket getter. Looks like the scouts, coaches missed bad on her. Not leave out....another of the younger players in 6-5 freshman Charlotte Khol (McCray -Penson recruit) from Germany.

Also, 2 point guards...Temple transfer Ashley Jones and hs signee Mia Moore. Ashley Jones, 2019-20 AAC Newcomer Of The Year is an already proven, high level transfer with upside to continued improvement. Averaged 16 points per game in 2019-20...her first season at Temple. This, while running the point. She sat/is sitting out the 2020-21 season, had 2 more seasons remaining at Temple.

Possibility of picking up a transfer or more. Expect staff to be swinging for homeruns.

Cooterpoot
03-11-2021, 01:40 PM
Hayes was a Vic recruit who almost didn't sign with us. Jones is going on school #3.
Fire Nikki! She sucks!

OLJWales
03-12-2021, 02:42 PM
my 58 yr old Born a Bulldog ass would have NEVER thought a WBB Coach's departure would end up being the one that stung the most to me.

StarkVegasSteve
03-12-2021, 04:29 PM

I'll go ahead and say Vic was wrong on this one. She hasn't done anything to impress me in two years. She still struggles defensively no matter who the coach is and she just didn't look like she cared at the end of the year this year. Now I know some of that has to do with the coach, but if you're supposed to be this amazing player then you have to be able to motivate yourself.

BiscuitEater
03-12-2021, 05:04 PM
Cohen just outsmarted himself here instead of hiring Harris.

He woulda never heard 'the end' of hiring a 21+ year 'career' assistant who has NEVER coached a single WBB college game!

Instead, he hired what most thought was a young up and coming coach with SEC playing and coaching time, and HC'ing time .. improved her record every year.

jdelta02
03-12-2021, 05:45 PM
I'll go ahead and say Vic was wrong on this one. She hasn't done anything to impress me in two years. She still struggles defensively no matter who the coach is and she just didn't look like she cared at the end of the year this year. Now I know some of that has to do with the coach, but if you're supposed to be this amazing player then you have to be able to motivate yourself.

Appears that Rickea Jackson hasn't progessed overly much as an overall player since last season, and in some areas has actually regressed. Also, her high rate of being utilized as the main offensive option combined with inconsistency, including high turnovers have hurt the team a good bit at times. Team hasn't been able to near consistently depend on her as a go to type player (including clutch situations) or defensively. Skill and talent wise, she looks as talented as any player in the women's game. But, executing that talent effectively, consistently, and continued noticeable improvement are another thing. Coaching (including player develpment, motivation, inspire) come into play as well. Sidney Cooks hit a wall early season. So did JaMya-Mingo Young..though she has recently shown flashes of bouncing back, getting better. Myah Taylor definitely has improved offensivelly...she works hard on her game, plays hard, including defensively. Turnovers up at times...but mostly fairly steady. Overall she's easily one of the top starting point guards in the SEC.

99jc
03-12-2021, 06:23 PM
Appears that Rickea Jackson hasn't progressed overly much as an overall player since last season, and in some areas has actually regressed. Also, her high rate of being utilized as the main offensive option combined with inconsistency, including high turnovers have hurt the team a good bit at times. Team hasn't been able to near consistently depend on her as a go to type player (including clutch situations) or defensively. Skill and talent wise, she looks as talented as any player in the women's game. But, executing that talent effectivly, consistently, and continued noticeable improvement are another thing. Coaching (including player develpment, motivation, inspire) come into play as well. Sidney Cooks hit a wall early season. So did JaMya-Mingo Young..though she has recently shown flashes of bouncing back, getting better. Myah Taylor definitely has improve offensivelly...she works hard on her game, plays hard, including defensively. Turnovers up at times...but mostly fairly steady. Overall she's easily one of the top starting point guards in the SEC.

YAWN............................................

jdelta02
03-12-2021, 07:24 PM
It's on Coach McCray-Penson and her staff to develop, and get the best, most efficient use out of Rickea's exceptional talent. Also...Rickea herself. Remember Coach Schaefer talking about adjustments regarding taking advantage, creating mismatches for Rickea offensively. Though, mostly ran through motion dribble drive offense. He did the same type things with Victoria Vivians as well.

trob115
03-12-2021, 09:10 PM
Fact is we had Jeff Walz wanting our job, and Cohen went with Nicky Rick Ray.

RocketDawg
03-12-2021, 09:14 PM

So Walz didn't meet Cohen's major hiring criterion?

HailStateSZN19
03-12-2021, 10:25 PM

I don?t believe this for a second. If Walz wanted to be here, Cohen would have hired him. He?s not THAT incompetent despite what some on here say about him.

jdelta02
03-13-2021, 04:05 PM

At the end if the day, Rickea has done well, very well, been impressive since arriving at Miss. State. Currently she's a very good player. It's true that so far she hasn't been that great, amazing player, but she does show flashes of this at times, and continuously shows these flashes. The potential is definitely there for her to hit other levels. Also, she's just a sophomore. Now, was Coach Schaefer wrong about her? We shall see.

Quaoarsking
03-13-2021, 04:18 PM

If you're going to make up stupid bullshit, at least make it plausible.

R2Dawg
03-13-2021, 08:51 PM

Vic wasn't wrong. RJ is very, very talented. But she must be coached to get the most out of her. Her regression since Vic left is hard to believe. Her attitude and motivation is lacking. Unfortunately, when you sign the high profile players especially in basketball you get all the bad stuff with it. Combine that with NMP style and it is trouble.

KOdawg1
03-14-2021, 09:53 AM

This is false.

Cooterpoot
03-14-2021, 10:01 AM

Fake news

maroonmania
03-14-2021, 03:43 PM
This is false.

Of course it is, Cohen may not always make the best coaching hires but he is not an idiot. And that is what you have to be to hire NMP over Walz if both wanted your job.

Dawg2003
03-14-2021, 06:40 PM
Walz leveraged us for a raise, which is the same thing he did when the Tennessee job came open. There was all kinds of smoke around Walz and the Tennessee job that never materialized.

StarkVegasSteve
03-15-2021, 11:23 AM

Yea I'm gonna call BS on this one. Unless he wanted too much money, which is possible, he'd be here. Cohen would've hired him if he wanted the job. Even Cohen isn't that stupid.

Quaoarsking
03-15-2021, 06:34 PM
Didn't get selected. While I think our resume compares favorably to a couple teams who did, ultimately we have no one to blame but ourselves.

We had a bid locked up with a decent seed. All we had to do was beat Missouri (non-NCAA team) at home and not pick up a bad loss in the SEC Tournament. Or just do one of those. But we just couldn't do it.

NMP has pissed away an entire fanbase and may never get it back.

RocketDawg
03-15-2021, 06:38 PM
Didn't get selected. While I think our resume compares favorably to a couple teams who did, ultimately we have no one to blame but ourselves.

We had a bid locked up with a decent seed. All we had to do was beat Missouri (non-NCAA team) at home and not pick up a bad loss in the SEC Tournament. Or just do one of those. But we just couldn't do it.

NMP has pissed away an entire fanbase and may never get it back.

Went from a pre-season top 10 (or was it top 5?) to not going to the tournament. Amazing.

Quaoarsking
03-15-2021, 06:40 PM
Any player who wants to transfer or is a general cancer shouldn't play in the WNIT. Just roll with who wants to be there, and if we lose, so be it.

jdelta02
03-15-2021, 06:58 PM
Made NCAA Women's Tourney.....

Jayla Hemingway (starter W. Virginia)
Esmery Martinez (starter W. Virginia)
Chloe Bibby (starter Maryland)
Deyona Gaston (Texas)

99jc
03-15-2021, 07:02 PM
Made NCAA Women's Tourney.....

Jayla Hemingway (starter W. Virginia)
Esmery Martinez (starter W. Virginia)
Chloe Bibby (starter Maryland)
Deyona Gaston (Texas)

but you think nicki ray ray is the best thing since sliced bread.

Quaoarsking
03-15-2021, 07:04 PM
Yikes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ewjyw3kXMAUXNGy?format=jpg&name=small

Coach34
03-15-2021, 07:18 PM
She better figure some shit out quick before next season.

KOdawg1
03-15-2021, 07:32 PM
Top 10 team pre-season. And they couldn't even make the tournament.

Cooterpoot
03-15-2021, 07:33 PM
She should be fired for incompetence. But our AD is garbage.

DownwardDawg
03-15-2021, 07:36 PM
She should be fired for incompetence. But our AD is garbage.

She should absolutely be let go.

bobcat91
03-15-2021, 07:47 PM
And now we have declined the NIT. She just finished this trainwreck

RocketDawg
03-15-2021, 07:49 PM
She better figure some shit out quick before next season.

Why wait until next year? Something may still be salvageable now, but not after two seasons like this one.

Ezsoil
03-15-2021, 07:58 PM
It was all over the moment Cohen hired an unproven coach with a different system. We had lightning in a bottle. We aren?t getting it back.

You mean like when VIc was hired?

Quaoarsking
03-15-2021, 08:04 PM
Why wait until next year? Something may still be salvageable now, but not after two seasons like this one.

Getting rid of coaches after 1 year just isn't done. Even Notre Dame (also didn't make it) is going to give their coach another year, though like NMP, I'm sure she'll have to make it next year to have any shot at year 3.

Ari Gold
03-15-2021, 08:06 PM
And now we have declined the NIT. She just finished this trainwreck

This is actually the most impressive thing NMP has done since she has been hired... props to her, the players and our athletic department for ending this shit show...

Cowbell
03-15-2021, 08:11 PM
This is actually the most impressive thing NMP has done since she has been hired... props to her, the players and our athletic department for ending this shit show...

Agreed

R2Dawg
03-15-2021, 08:11 PM

Ha no kidding. The woke just canceled our WBB program. After this year it is a mercy killing at this point.

maroonmania
03-15-2021, 08:35 PM
I wonder how much money I could have made if before the season I had placed a bet that our men would be playing in the postseason but our women would not? Some how I feel I would currently be a much, much richer man. :)

RocketDawg
03-15-2021, 09:19 PM

Yes, and at least it means she recoginzes the importance of basically losing the year. Not sure if it was her decision, the players' decision, or Cohen's decision, or some combination.

basedog
03-16-2021, 09:28 AM
I'm thinking most players didn't want to play, Coach was iffy about playing and Cohen was "hell naw" about playing.