PDA

View Full Version : Dak gets his contract. 4 year - 160mil

ScoobaDawg
03-08-2021, 07:05 PM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31029457/dallas-cowboys-agree-new-contract-qb-dak-prescott

Congrats Dak... now get some more talent around him!

The Dallas Cowboys and quarterback Dak Prescott have agreed to a four-year, $160 million contract, including $126 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Prescott's signing bonus is $66 million, the highest in NFL history, a source told ESPN. The first three years of the deal average $42 million per year, a source told Schefter.

The Cowboys announced they had agreed to a contract with Prescott but did not disclose terms. The Cowboys will place the franchise tag on Prescott on Tuesday as a procedural matter, a source told Schefter. The Cowboys announced they will hold a Wednesday news conference.

Commercecomet24
03-08-2021, 07:12 PM
Well deserved!

BeardoMSU
03-08-2021, 07:25 PM
Hell yeah!!

ScoobaDawg
03-08-2021, 07:36 PM
https://twitter.com/MikeLeslieWFAA/status/1369084027400032259

ScoobaDawg
03-08-2021, 07:37 PM
https://twitter.com/86Prescott/status/1369073961607249926

msstate7
03-08-2021, 07:39 PM
https://twitter.com/MikeLeslieWFAA/status/1369084027400032259

That'll put them at 208.7 with their cap at 212.5.

BeardoMSU
03-08-2021, 07:46 PM
https://twitter.com/86Prescott/status/1369073961607249926

Great stuff. I just saw an awesome quote from Dak's dad too.

bulldawg28
03-08-2021, 08:53 PM
Well deserved.

Turfdawg67
03-08-2021, 09:25 PM
Don't know how $40MM/yr is "well deserved", but good for Dak. Hope he gives a couple mil back to State.

bulldawg28
03-08-2021, 09:40 PM
Don't know how $40MM/yr is "well deserved", but good for Dak. Hope he gives a couple mil back to State.

Not deserved but you want him to give to State? If he never gives a dime back to the university he fulfilled his obligation here.

Cowbell
03-08-2021, 10:50 PM
I bet you are fun at parties

William Tecumsah Sherman
03-08-2021, 10:56 PM
What I like about Dak more than anything is his toughness and ability to take a punch. He does it in football. He does it in life. He always finds the ability to get back up after taking a punch. I respect that more than anything.

Tripp McNeely
03-08-2021, 11:03 PM
I bet you are fun at parties

I think you should have your MSU fan card revoked if you don?t think Dak deserves everything that he?s getting!

BeardoMSU
03-08-2021, 11:21 PM
I think you should have your MSU fan card revoked if you don?t think Dak deserves everything that he?s getting!

Indeed.

Dak only makes State look good. This is great press.

Commercecomet24
03-08-2021, 11:41 PM
Indeed.

Dak only makes State look good. This is great press.

Yeah Dak earned it. I doubt there's a single person on this board that would turn down top dollar in their chosen profession.

parabrave
03-09-2021, 02:08 AM
Hey earned it. Won with a crappy coach and an Idiot for an owner who thinks he is a coach. Now he has a coach who runs a 20 year old offense.

Turfdawg67
03-09-2021, 11:07 AM
Let me rephrase...

$40MM/yr is stupid money, but good for Dak. Hope he gives a couple mil back to State.

TheLostDawg
03-09-2021, 11:30 AM
Let me rephrase...

$40MM/yr is stupid money, but good for Dak. Hope he gives a couple mil back to State.

Hopefully if he does he ear marks it for football so they don't spend it on women's volleyball or whatever sport they want to spend millions on next that ends up costing us money every year. I also hope if it's a good amount they keep him involved with what they are doing with it. Would not be good to make one of our biggest fan and possibly donor mad with how and what we did with his money. Great way not to get a cent more.

TheLostDawg
03-09-2021, 11:33 AM
Maybe be can make some calls to some other former players, since it seems like whoever should be doing it isn't doing a great job unless it's baseball, and we get enough donations, again ear marked for football, and get us a indoor practice field, or something of that magnitude that we could use, to help us out and help pull in recruits.

DownwardDawg
03-09-2021, 11:56 AM
Let me rephrase...

I knew what you meant, and the rest of these posters knew too. I think everyone here is extremely happy for Dak!!!

MoreCowbell
03-09-2021, 03:26 PM
Man I am so happy for Dak. He made Jerry his bitch in negotiations. He is such a badass, love Dak.

Bothrops
03-09-2021, 03:51 PM
Dak is my most favorite player of all time. **** the haters

Homedawg
03-09-2021, 04:31 PM
Man I am so happy for Dak. He made Jerry his bitch in negotiations. He is such a badass, love Dak.

I'm happy for him too. And while you make the case he made Jerry his bitch id disagree. Cowboys got a 4 year deal plus last year so they got the 5 years they wanted prior to the 2020 season. Cost them a little in money but not that much. I think it was a good deal for Dak and a good deal for Dallas. That's me anyway.

BeardoMSU
03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
I'm happy for him too. And while you make the case he made Jerry his bitch id disagree. Cowboys got a 4 year deal plus last year so they got the 5 years they wanted prior to the 2020 season. Cost them a little in money but not that much. I think it was a good deal for Dak and a good deal for Dallas. That's me anyway.

This.

Also, anyone not extremely happy for Dak, while also not acknowledging how much his status (and just he as a person) contributes to MSU needs to go sit in the kiddie corner.

Jack Lambert
03-09-2021, 07:06 PM
15 years ago he was having to sleep on the foot of his mothers bed because she had no where else for him. He once told story that she did not have Christmas money. They did not get anything for Christmas but she promised them when she got her income tax she would him and his brother each 100.00. Today was a good day for Dak! I am sure he wish his mom was alive so he could give all she ever wanted. I am damn grateful for what I have.

BeardoMSU
03-09-2021, 07:25 PM
15 years ago he was having to sleep on the foot of his mothers bed because she had no where else for him. He once told story that she did not have Christmas money. They did not get anything for Christmas but she promised them when she got her income tax she would him and his brother each 100.00. Today was a good day for Dak! I am sure he wish his mom was alive so he could give all she ever wanted. I am damn grateful for what I have.

^^

Cowbell
03-09-2021, 09:04 PM

Preach. I get sick of hearing the cowboy fans here in Dallas call him greedy. Especially when he continues to pour millions back into this community. Small minds.

Dawgology
03-10-2021, 12:02 PM

I hadn?t heard this. Damn. I?m happy and proud for the guy.

Tbonewannabe
03-10-2021, 12:24 PM
Let me rephrase...

So what is the right price? Dallas obviously thinks he impacts their Revenue by at least that much. I am sure that Dak would probably "settle" for a 10% commission on the Revenue he brings into the organization. That is pretty standard for a sales position. That is just hard to quantify in team sports but Dak is the major draw for the richest sports organization on Planet Earth.

I didn't see all this gnashing of teeth when Deshaun Watson got paid even though Dak is very comparable in statistics.

msstate7
03-10-2021, 12:42 PM
So what is the right price? Dallas obviously thinks he impacts their Revenue by at least that much. I am sure that Dak would probably "settle" for a 10% commission on the Revenue he brings into the organization. That is pretty standard for a sales position. That is just hard to quantify in team sports but Dak is the major draw for the richest sports organization on Planet Earth.

I didn't see all this gnashing of teeth when Deshaun Watson got paid even though Dak is very comparable in statistics.

Passer rating wise (my preferred qb stat), Watson has been a good bit better (career).

Watson - 104.5
Dak - 97.3

Watson has faced much more pressure. Watson sack rate is 9.1%, and dak's is 6.0%.

Watson actually made me a big time believer this year after he lost perhaps the best wr in the game. He proceeded to put his best passer rating (112 - 2nd in nfl). I think he's a better qb at this point, but dak is still really good.

Cowbell
03-10-2021, 01:52 PM
Passer rating wise (my preferred qb stat), Watson has been a good bit better (career).

Watson - 104.5
Dak - 97.3

Watson has faced much more pressure. Watson sack rate is 9.1%, and dak's is 6.0%.

Watson actually made me a big time believer this year after he lost perhaps the best wr in the game. He proceeded to put his best passer rating (112 - 2nd in nfl). I think he's a better qb at this point, but dak is still really good.

If you are taking that sack rating at face value, you have not watched dak play much. That's the most improved part of his game with a pisspoor OL as of late. He doesn't take sacks near like he used to because of his pocket awareness. Dak is twice the leader that Watson is in my opinion and I realize that's not a stat and so I realize that you generally don't like to look at intangibles.

msstate7
03-10-2021, 02:12 PM
If you are taking that sack rating at face value, you have not watched dak play much. That's the most improved part of his game with a pisspoor OL as of late. He doesn't take sacks near like he used to because of his pocket awareness. Dak is twice the leader that Watson is in my opinion and I realize that's not a stat and so I realize that you generally don't like to look at intangibles.

Here's pressure rate for last season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing_advanced.htm

Dak didn't qualify, but Andy dalton was at 17.2% (30th in nfl). Watson was 26.6% (9th in nfl). In 2019, dak had pressure rate of 18.8%, and Watson had a rate of 22.2%.

MoreCowbell
03-10-2021, 07:09 PM
Here's pressure rate for last season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing_advanced.htm

Dak didn't qualify, but Andy dalton was at 17.2% (30th in nfl). Watson was 26.6% (9th in nfl). In 2019, dak had pressure rate of 18.8%, and Watson had a rate of 22.2%.

What about 2017? Believe Dak was sacked like a record # of times like 56

msstate7
03-10-2021, 08:14 PM
What about 2017? Believe Dak was sacked like a record # of times like 56

I can't find the pressure rate for 2018 (dak's highest sack total year). In 2018, dak was sacked 56 times for a sack rate of 9.6%. In 2018, Watson was sacked 62 times for a sack rate of 10.9%. The only 2 seasons where both players played a full season were 2018 and 2019. Dak was sacked 79 times, and Watson was sacked 106 times.

Again, both of these are really good qbs. It's not an insult to say deshaun has been better. Hell, look at what Watson is expected to be traded for.

Homedawg
03-10-2021, 11:22 PM
I can't find the pressure rate for 2018 (dak's highest sack total year). In 2018, dak was sacked 56 times for a sack rate of 9.6%. In 2018, Watson was sacked 62 times for a sack rate of 10.9%. The only 2 seasons where both players played a full season were 2018 and 2019. Dak was sacked 79 times, and Watson was sacked 106 times.

Again, both of these are really good qbs. It's not an insult to say deshaun has been better. Hell, look at what Watson is expected to be traded for.

Appreciate the Info. Good stuff. One thing is that sack rate can be misleading. Might mean the qb holds the ball too long. Might not be in this case but it's possible. Watson, to me, is the same guy as Dak. Only difference is he was a first rounder and Dak was a fourth. The results on the field, again to me, look similar.

msstate7
03-11-2021, 08:11 AM
Appreciate the Info. Good stuff. One thing is that sack rate can be misleading. Might mean the qb holds the ball too long. Might not be in this case but it's possible. Watson, to me, is the same guy as Dak. Only difference is he was a first rounder and Dak was a fourth. The results on the field, again to me, look similar.

Pressure rate is a much better determination for sure. I watch all the saints games, and Brees is rarely sacked, but some of that is his refusal to take one... throw it in the ground.

I think Watson and dak were VERY similar coming into 2020, but I do think Watson made a big step forward. Dak did get injured though, so he might have done the same. Be interesting to see if Watson can repeat his truly great season again, and if dak can continue to get better.

Tbonewannabe
03-11-2021, 03:48 PM
Pressure rate is a much better determination for sure. I watch all the saints games, and Brees is rarely sacked, but some of that is his refusal to take one... throw it in the ground.

I think Watson and dak were VERY similar coming into 2020, but I do think Watson made a big step forward. Dak did get injured though, so he might have done the same. Be interesting to see if Watson can repeat his truly great season again, and if dak can continue to get better.

Dak was on pace to break the NFL passing record when he got hurt. He had already set the mark for most 450 yard passing games in a row. I think he took a step forward. The crazy thing is that Andy Dalton might have been the best possible back up. The guy was a Pro Bowl QB not too long ago and the Cowboys went into the shitter. Zeke had like 2 - 100 yard rushing games after Dak went down. I ended up benching Zeke and Cooper in my fantasy league because both became mediocre the minute Dak went down. Dak going down also made me go from leading my league by a wide margin to coming in 4th.

BiscuitEater
03-12-2021, 11:21 AM
Rick Cleveland says works out to $80K a pass. Not bad.