PDA

View Full Version : Rush Probst

Todd4State
03-07-2021, 11:25 PM
https://twitter.com/UnnecRoughness/status/1368669181781159938

Let's talk about this.

Basically says that Georgia and Alabama are paying 100-150K for recruits.

One thing that stood out to me is that the recruits that they are paying for are all in state recruits.

If we could get organized a little better and focus on in state recruits and get rid of Bracky we could really take a next big step. I say that because Ole Miss is focusing more on out of state prospects. So, it's only a few that we have to focus on.

Hugh Nall that Probst mentions used to be on Ole Miss's staff under Tuberville.

Homedawg
03-07-2021, 11:40 PM
https://twitter.com/UnnecRoughness/status/1368669181781159938

Let's talk about this.

Basically says that Georgia and Alabama are paying 100-150K for recruits.

One thing that stood out to me is that the recruits that they are paying for are all in state recruits.

If we could get organized a little better and focus on in state recruits and get rid of Bracky we could really take a next big step. I say that because Ole Miss is focusing more on out of state prospects. So, it's only a few that we have to focus on.

Hugh Nall that Probst mentions used to be on Ole Miss's staff under Tuberville.

Brackey nor does bama's guy "know" of payments. We can make Todd in charge of compliance and nothing in our recruiting would change. Nothing
ETA u less Todd wanted to pony up 150 for a recruit, then it would...and I use Todd Bc you started the post.

Bothrops
03-08-2021, 01:43 AM
The amateurs would hammer us, they don't like us and would rather us not exist.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-08-2021, 06:36 AM
Rush Probst is a totally credible source...**

NWADAWG
03-08-2021, 09:12 AM
Rush Probst is a totally credible source...**

I would guess there probably is some truth to his claims. Regardless of the degree of accuracy, isn't calling big dogs out by name on a public broadcast a good way to have a tragic car wreck in the very near future?

Maybe an exaggeration but it's not smart to call names and make claims publicly if you don't have some solid proof.

thf24
03-08-2021, 09:30 AM
Todd, I know you're more aware than to actually believe our approach to recruiting and compliance starts with Bracky. If the highest-ups wanted us playing the game as aggressively as certain others, Bracky would either be complying or he'd have been gone a long time ago. Why continue to buy into this whipping-boy narrative attached to him?

Lumpy Chucklelips
03-08-2021, 12:17 PM
I've never understood the "get rid of Bracky" part. I understand that he has led a few instances of "uncovering" wrongdoings in the program. But that is his job. And I know that some...maybe most...schools have compliance directors who look the other way. But say in our case that is not the way it is. So what do we do. We have two choices. We can just say, Bracky is watching things to make sure we don't play the game like everyone else and we continue to recruit around 10th on avg in the conference and we continue to beat 70-75% of our non-conference foes and anywhere from 40-60% of our conference opponents....or, we treat Bracky just like we would an opponent's compliance dept...because after all, when we do play the game in certain instances, we do it where we're not obvious to our rivals...we don't want them ratting out on us...so our second choice is to do it to where if Bracky does look for something, he doesn't find anything concrete to put the pieces together to be able to say definitively, here is what we did, we were wrong and here are the penalties I propose. If we're going to play the game, this is how you have to look at Bracky. Which leads to...

A separate and completely different problem in and of itself...the organization of "our network", for a lack of a better description. We have gotten caught a few times in the past because we have been so disorganized and sloppy to the point it didn't take much to figure out what all was done. We've had amateurs trying to play a game against professionals. And when they do run into a situation where they have an opportunity to be professionals fall into their lap...see Cam Newton...instead of playing the big boy game, we run to momma to tell on big brother. What was his price? $140k. How many times over would the athletic dept turned that over in ticket sales, national publicity, #2 jersey sales, and everything else that comes with it? Not to mention the next qb who wants to follow in his footsteps and all the other players that opens up to your football program. Boys...we're bush league when it comes to this. And Bracky is the least of our worries.

yjnkdawg
03-08-2021, 02:59 PM
We may need to have somebody in that position who is an attorney, with some NCAA compliance experience and/or expertise concerning that arena, but as others have said Bracky is not our problem or the least of our worries. We don't have the expertise in what you are wanting MSU to do. We are amateurs and amateurs in playing the recruiting game usually do something stupid initially or eventually. Ole Miss has the lawyers, long time experience (back to the Vaught years) and the expertise in playing the recruiting game. They had a good network operation prior to Coach O being there, but he upgraded it to a higher level. If we had the initial NCAA violations that OM had, and you think we would have gotten the same sanctions that OM got then you are living in a fantasy football recruiting world. Also if we tried to do something stupid the OM lawyers would burn us before the player ever got on our campus. I think Homedawg is spot on with what he said.

Cowbell
03-08-2021, 10:52 PM
Brackey nor does bama's guy "know" of payments. We can make Todd in charge of compliance and nothing in our recruiting would change. Nothing
ETA u less Todd wanted to pony up 150 for a recruit, then it would...and I use Todd Bc you started the post.

This post made my day lol

Todd4State
03-09-2021, 04:19 AM
I've never understood the "get rid of Bracky" part. I understand that he has led a few instances of "uncovering" wrongdoings in the program. But that is his job. And I know that some...maybe most...schools have compliance directors who look the other way. But say in our case that is not the way it is. So what do we do. We have two choices. We can just say, Bracky is watching things to make sure we don't play the game like everyone else and we continue to recruit around 10th on avg in the conference and we continue to beat 70-75% of our non-conference foes and anywhere from 40-60% of our conference opponents....or, we treat Bracky just like we would an opponent's compliance dept...because after all, when we do play the game in certain instances, we do it where we're not obvious to our rivals...we don't want them ratting out on us...so our second choice is to do it to where if Bracky does look for something, he doesn't find anything concrete to put the pieces together to be able to say definitively, here is what we did, we were wrong and here are the penalties I propose. If we're going to play the game, this is how you have to look at Bracky. Which leads to...

A separate and completely different problem in and of itself...the organization of "our network", for a lack of a better description. We have gotten caught a few times in the past because we have been so disorganized and sloppy to the point it didn't take much to figure out what all was done. We've had amateurs trying to play a game against professionals. And when they do run into a situation where they have an opportunity to be professionals fall into their lap...see Cam Newton...instead of playing the big boy game, we run to momma to tell on big brother. What was his price? $140k. How many times over would the athletic dept turned that over in ticket sales, national publicity, #2 jersey sales, and everything else that comes with it? Not to mention the next qb who wants to follow in his footsteps and all the other players that opens up to your football program. Boys...we're bush league when it comes to this. And Bracky is the least of our worries.

Exactly. Bracky to me is more a symbol of the fact that MSU is more concerned protecting "their good ol boys" than moving the program forward progressively. Enough about that.

The point is this. If we can get more organized and let's say it results in us just getting one more recruit from Ole Miss- over time that could make a big difference in our program. I say Ole Miss because they are in state.

I'm assuming the high end market for these players is about 150K. I highly doubt Ole Miss is spending that much money on three stars- but maybe not.

The reason why Ole Miss got in trouble is because they went outside their territory. They started getting into Alabama, Georgia, and Texas's territory among others and played the same games that they do in Mississippi. That's about like one mafia gang invading another mafia gang. Notice that Probst only mentioned the state of Alabama when he was talking about Saban and the state of Georgia when talking about Georgia.

Liverpooldawg
03-09-2021, 10:21 AM
Exactly. Bracky to me is more a symbol of the fact that MSU is more concerned protecting "their good ol boys" than moving the program forward progressively. Enough about that.

The point is this. If we can get more organized and let's say it results in us just getting one more recruit from Ole Miss- over time that could make a big difference in our program. I say Ole Miss because they are in state.

I'm assuming the high end market for these players is about 150K. I highly doubt Ole Miss is spending that much money on three stars- but maybe not.

The reason why Ole Miss got in trouble is because they went outside their territory. They started getting into Alabama, Georgia, and Texas's territory among others and played the same games that they do in Mississippi. That's about like one mafia gang invading another mafia gang. Notice that Probst only mentioned the state of Alabama when he was talking about Saban and the state of Georgia when talking about Georgia.

MSU's problem when it comes to cheating is that we have too many people who can't keep their mouths shut.

AROB44
03-09-2021, 12:07 PM
MSU's problem when it comes to cheating is that we have too many people who can't keep their mouths shut.

Exactly!!! Has always been the problem.....was big time in the Tyler years.

State82
03-09-2021, 05:59 PM
This pretty well sums it up.

Coach34
03-09-2021, 06:28 PM
If you think Tua's Dad quit his job in Hawaii, uprooted the entire family to Alabama at a heavy cost, and just hoped to find a job when he got to Tuscaloosa then you aren't a very bright person.

Bama, Georgia, and the big boy's dont give a bunch of cash. They give very high paying jobs to people for minimal work. That way it's legit and hard to bust.