PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say good job baseball team we were the only SEC team to lose today.

99jc
03-06-2021, 09:29 PM
nm

VandelayIndustries
03-06-2021, 09:39 PM
nm

Fake news. Alabama lost

Commercecomet24
03-06-2021, 10:51 PM
And 6 sec teams lost yesterday. It's baseball it happens not sure what the point is.

Cowbell
03-06-2021, 10:55 PM
And 6 sec teams lost yesterday. It's baseball it happens not sure what the point is.
Agreed.

But we love kicking our own when they are down

Dawgcap
03-06-2021, 11:26 PM
Agreed.

But we should because we care about winning more than these players who don?t understand how to win. We are Ms State not these players wearing the uniforms! **

Hambone
03-06-2021, 11:51 PM
Missouri is also losing 13-6 at the moment......

We aren’t going to win them all.

BeardoMSU
03-06-2021, 11:54 PM
This thread will age like a box of fine wine, lol.
Holy. Shit.

State82
03-07-2021, 12:06 AM
Holy. Shit.

Yep. Hahahahaha.

Commercecomet24
03-07-2021, 02:34 AM
Agreed.

Yep.

Cooterpoot
03-07-2021, 07:36 AM
We've got some things that are going to have to be addressed at some point.

Dawgfan77
03-07-2021, 08:04 AM
Give me one hire Cohen has made that has exceeded expectations? He makes terrible hires and now your starting to see it in baseball

msstatelp1
03-07-2021, 08:25 AM
This is typical MSU baseball. We usually start slow and finish strong. I'll wait until further into the season before worrying too much.

Cowbell
03-07-2021, 10:37 AM
Give me one hire Cohen has made that has exceeded expectations? He makes terrible hires and now your starting to see it in baseball

Your first sentence is dead on. Your second, however, takes away all your credibility.

tcdog70
03-07-2021, 10:54 AM
This is typical MSU baseball. We usually start slow and finish strong. I'll wait until further into the season before worrying too much.

Start slow —dude we are ranked in the top 10

OLJWales
03-07-2021, 11:06 AM
Sounds like we got some women folk in this here thread.

Cowbell
03-07-2021, 11:26 AM
Start slow ?dude we are ranked in the top 10

We have started slow regardless

tcdog70
03-07-2021, 08:53 PM

Regardless of the 1st no,hitter in 36 years.

Homedawg
03-07-2021, 09:52 PM

Lemonis is coaching players for the most part he didn't recruit, he hasn't screwed them up. Check mark one... he's added too the roster to fill holes. Check Mark two. His recruits won't be here for a year or two other than juco and grad transfers. The last part he's been Uber successful in achieving. Your hate for cohen bleeds in a bad bad post about lemonis. Period.

BiscuitEater
03-07-2021, 10:25 PM
How many threw a no hitter today?

Way to show your ass!

Todd4State
03-07-2021, 10:43 PM
Holy. Shit.

And it did.

Homedawg
03-08-2021, 12:10 AM
And it did.

Good news is we didn't blow a 9-1 lead in the 9th. Ouch

Johnson85
03-08-2021, 09:21 AM

We have had some individuals start slow or struggle (McLeod, Cerantola, Rowdey, etc), but we've got probably as impressive a resume as anybody in the country at this point? We've played really good competition for an early schedule and gotten a lot of wins with key players struggling. That doesn't sound like a slow start to me. Sounds like a reason to be optimistic that we might be really good.

Jack Lambert
03-08-2021, 09:30 AM
LSU has just slap gotten average. We are number 2 and piss what do you thing those bat ape shit crazy fans are thinking?

msstatelp1
03-08-2021, 09:51 AM
We have had some individuals start slow or struggle (McLeod, Cerantola, Rowdey, etc), but we've got probably as impressive a resume as anybody in the country at this point? We've played really good competition for an early schedule and gotten a lot of wins with key players struggling. That doesn't sound like a slow start to me. Sounds like a reason to be optimistic that we might be really good.

Starting slow doesn't mean we're not a good team and isn't a reason to not be optimistic. Starting slow is just what we're doing...losing a game or 3 that we should win, players having jitters in the field and at the plate, etc. IMHO some of the best teams we've had started slow and built themselves up as the season went on. I'd rather us play our best baseball at the end of the season rather than starting fast and fading.

Jack Lambert
03-08-2021, 10:18 AM
Starting slow doesn't mean we're not a good team and isn't a reason to not be optimistic. Starting slow is just what we're doing...losing a game or 3 that we should win, players having jitters in the field and at the plate, etc. IMHO some of the best teams we've had started slow and built themselves up as the season went on. I'd rather us play our best baseball at the end of the season rather than starting fast and fading.

I totally agree. How much baseball have they played the past 12 months and it's not like we are playing crappy teams. I will go on to say win the mid week games and go 2-1 on weekends. You will be a national seed.

Johnson85
03-08-2021, 10:23 AM

I sort of got off tangent on some of that, but the main point is that I think with the schedule we've played, going 2-1 the first three weekends and not dropping a midweek game in the first three weeks is not starting slow. If anything it's closer to starting hot than starting slow, but I don't think it's either. We're just taking care of business. That's assuming that Tulane and Kent St are going to be solid teams. If they're not, then obviously that changes how 2-1 against them looks.

Jack Lambert
03-08-2021, 10:43 AM
I sort of got off tangent on some of that, but the main point is that I think with the schedule we've played, going 2-1 the first three weekends and not dropping a midweek game in the first three weeks is not starting slow. If anything it's closer to starting hot than starting slow, but I don't think it's either. We're just taking care of business. That's assuming that Tulane and Kent St are going to be solid teams. If they're not, then obviously that changes how 2-1 against them looks.

I worry about hitting on Saturday and Friday but we are facing their aces. With scholarship limits every team is going to have those two to three guys who can throw it.

msstatelp1
03-08-2021, 10:46 AM

You hit the nail.on the head. Regardless of what we think the team is taking care of business.

Dawgology
03-08-2021, 09:05 PM
nm

Herp derp

Todd4State
03-08-2021, 09:54 PM
Good news is we didn't blow a 9-1 lead in the 9th. Ouch
It seems like Butch is good for at least one of those a year.

Harrydawg
03-08-2021, 10:37 PM
Just as impressive as the no-no is that it was on a Sunday. That’s crazy and speaks volumes about our quality depth.