PDA

View Full Version : Cerantola might need to scrap the windup

AlSwearengen
03-06-2021, 03:36 PM
Seems a little bit better from the stretch.

BiscuitEater
03-06-2021, 04:38 PM
Well, what with all the hits and walks he has given up, he's had a lot of practice throwing from the stretch!

Homedawg
03-06-2021, 05:42 PM
Seems a little bit better from the stretch.

In the last two weeks he's loaded the bases w no outs 3 times in 6 innings. So I don't think the windup or stretch makes one difference.

Commercecomet24
03-06-2021, 06:21 PM
Nuke Laloosh

TNDawg35
03-06-2021, 06:23 PM
Nuke Laloosh

Hell get him some lingerie and see if it works. If not, sacrifice a chicken...

maroonmania
03-06-2021, 06:29 PM
His curveball is by far his best pitch if he can throw it for a strike. He may throw 97 on his fastball but its just too straight. He would be much more effective at 93 with additional movement.

Homedawg
03-06-2021, 06:44 PM
His curveball is by far his best pitch if he can throw it for a strike. He may throw 97 on his fastball but its just too straight. He would be much more effective at 93 with additional movement.
His fb has movement. That's not the problem. It's that he can't throw it for a strike consistently. Period.

Commercecomet24
03-06-2021, 06:51 PM
Hell get him some lingerie and see if it works. If not, sacrifice a chicken...

Lol gotta try something cause whatever he's doing ain't working.

Commercecomet24
03-06-2021, 06:52 PM
His fb has movement. That's not the problem. It's that he can't throw it for a strike consistently. Period.

This. His fb is electric he just has no idea where it's going when he lets it go.

HoopsDawg
03-06-2021, 07:55 PM
This. His fb is electric he just has no idea where it's going when he lets it go.

Lemonis needs to make some changes this next weekend vs Eastern Michigan so we will be set for the start of SEC play vs LSU.

Commercecomet24
03-06-2021, 10:52 PM
Lemonis needs to make some changes this next weekend vs Eastern Michigan so we will be set for the start of SEC play vs LSU.

Agreed

Bothrops
03-06-2021, 11:02 PM
I hate playing LSU, especially when they aren't good. We will go 1/2 if we show.

Todd4State
03-07-2021, 02:00 AM
As I said earlier- he's a relief pitcher. Today's three up three down first inning followed by his implosion didn't change my opinion on that.

Cooterpoot
03-07-2021, 07:40 AM
Plate ump was straight trash.

KOdawg1
03-07-2021, 08:00 AM
I've seen enough from the Eric Cerantola experiment. He'll have a pro career just because his stuff is the electric, but he's not going to show control while he's here. 3 years is a large enough sample size. Put him in the bullpen, and maybe we can find a role for him there. This pitching staff is too talented for us to keep trotting a guy out there that walks the bases loaded every two innings.

Offshore Dawg
03-07-2021, 08:51 AM

Dilly Dilly, we have a winner !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homedawg
03-07-2021, 09:45 AM
As I said earlier- he's a relief pitcher. Today's three up three down first inning followed by his implosion didn't change my opinion on that.

He's not a relief pitcher. He has 3 legit pitches he just can't harness them all. . His implosion didn't change mine either. He's a professional baseball pitcher. In that, they can wait on him to develop and not care about winning games. We can't. Or shouldn't. I'm not saying he'd never step on the mound for us again. But wo some major performances in mid week, his days of weekend time are over.

basedog
03-07-2021, 10:01 AM
He's not a relief pitcher. He has 3 legit pitches he just can't harness them all. . His implosion didn't change mine either. He's a professional baseball pitcher. In that, they can wait on him to develop and not care about winning games. We can't. Or shouldn't. I'm not saying he'd never step on the mound for us again. But wo some major performances in mid week, his days of weekend time are over.

No way is he a relief pitcher but I'm thinking he needs to only relief in mop up situations when we are either way ahead or behind by many runs. Right now he has "snakes" in his head, I wouldn't give up on him just yet but I would take the pressure off him and hopefully he will relax and find a way to have some success.

HoopsDawg
03-07-2021, 10:53 AM

Definitely not a relief pitcher. He just needs innings. He will get that in the pros and have a lot of money in the bank acccount. We just can't afford to give him innings on SEC weekends.

Commercecomet24
03-07-2021, 03:11 PM

This is spot on.

Homedawg
03-07-2021, 03:22 PM
No way is he a relief pitcher but I'm thinking he needs to only relief in mop up situations when we are either way ahead or behind by many runs. Right now he has "snakes" in his head, I wouldn't give up on him just yet but I would take the pressure off him and hopefully he will relax and find a way to have some success.

I'll agree w that he only need to go out there in relief opportunities. And it has to be to start and inning!!!

maroonmania
03-07-2021, 03:38 PM

Well, whatever, all I can go by is what I see watching his fastball as he pitches on video and the fact that I don't see a lot of swing and miss with his fastball. Heck, one guy fouled off about 6 or 7 fastballs in a row yesterday until he got himself a walk.

NWADAWG
03-09-2021, 09:57 AM

I have had the good fortune to play softball with former razorback pitchers that were only a couple years out of college. While in college, part of their offseason training was to throw a lot of long throws in offseason to build arm strength. With their natural ability and the time they spent working on long throws, they had absolute canons from the outfield. If he can catch, give him a chance out in the big grass and let him gun runners trying stretch a hit.

I am mostly kidding but if his draft stock falls far enough because he gets moved to short relief in college, there may be a plan B.

basedog
03-09-2021, 10:27 AM
I have had the good fortune to play softball with former razorback pitchers that were only a couple years out of college. While in college, part of their offseason training was to throw a lot of long throws in offseason to build arm strength. With their natural ability and the time they spent working on long throws, they had absolute canons from the outfield. If he can catch, give him a chance out in the big grass and let him gun runners trying stretch a hit.

I am mostly kidding but if his draft stock falls far enough because he gets moved to short relief in college, there may be a plan B.

Funny about long throwing in off season, I believe this could or does help. I do know pitchers coming back from arm injuries start of with soft toss throwing, then next day or time to throw they extended to say 100 to 150 feet. So long tossing has to help build strength in the arm. There is one pitcher now who is recovering ahead of schedule, should be throwing 100% in a bout a week maybe two weeks.

AlSwearengen
03-09-2021, 09:02 PM
Funny about long throwing in off season, I believe this could or does help. I do know pitchers coming back from arm injuries start of with soft toss throwing, then next day or time to throw they extended to say 100 to 150 feet. So long tossing has to help build strength in the arm. There is one pitcher now who is recovering ahead of schedule, should be throwing 100% in a bout a week maybe two weeks.

That’s good to hear about the progress. Long tossing is apparently one of the few training methods that has survived over the years. 30 years ago long tossing was one of the most popular ways to strengthen a players arm.

BB30
03-10-2021, 10:04 AM

Dude is a pitcher. LF and RF have to produce offensively at the next level. Cerantola already struggles with athleticism on the mound. I doubt he can swing it extremely well. Could be wrong though.

Guys that are low to mid 90s from the OF are pretty common at the next level.

BrunswickDawg
03-10-2021, 11:55 AM

Leo Mazzone and Tom House were big on long throwing and doing it with a football