PDA

View Full Version : Must Read--OK ALL YOU PASSIONATE FIRE MULLEN AND KEEP MULLEN FOLKS...

I seen it dawg
11-10-2013, 04:34 PM
First I'm a fire Mullen guy...but let's be clear about something and this goes for everybody...

All you guys that are so vehemently arguing and screaming at each other thru your keyboards it stops today. It's one thing to have legitimate discussions but this topic has had the hell beat out of it and it's hurting the board. Everybody knows where everybody stands at this point there is no need to continue to beat each side of it to death. The vitriole being spewed is detrimental to our program and this board and I'm putting it to you guys to end it for the good of the program and the board. We are losing readers and guys that have quit posting because of all the bullshit from both sides.

Take it upon yourselves to be mature about it and reign it in. Handle your business or be removed.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Very good post

Behrdawg
11-10-2013, 04:37 PM
http://replygif.net/i/742.gif

hailmari
11-10-2013, 04:39 PM
I agree. Unfortunately, we know the message will go in one ear and right out the other for most.

I seen it dawg
11-10-2013, 04:42 PM
I agree. Unfortunately, we know the message will go in one ear and right out the other for most.

Only once.

Political Hack
11-10-2013, 04:45 PM

I'm looking forward to it.

The Croom Diaries
11-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Apathy plays a big part. Right now a lot of State fans are paying more attention to the NFL, politics, etc. than they usually do to MSU. Regardless of their feelings towards Mullen, it's getting a bit boring when we already know the outcome before the kick W or L.

Drugdog
11-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Thank you.

preachermatt83
11-10-2013, 05:00 PM
I can assure you of this...if this forum starts becoming over moderated genes 2.0 crap then it will lose a lot more readers.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 05:02 PM
I can assure you of this...if this forum starts becoming over moderated genes 2.0 crap then it will lose a lot more readers.

Matt, just curious, are you really a preacher?

preachermatt83
11-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Matt, just curious, are you really a preacher?

yes.. been preaching for almost 12 years.. why do you ask?

I seen it dawg
11-10-2013, 05:08 PM

I don't disagree with you. But the constant, and I mean constant, bitchfest is going to stop. If limited moderation is not for you so be it and good luck to you.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 05:10 PM
yes.. been preaching for almost 12 years.. why do you ask?

Just curious, you may be the most negative preacher I've ever seen, but I like Preachers that are passionate and are realist about life, and since football doesn't have a thing to do with faith, no harm no foul.

Also helps me give more credibility to your posts, since I now realize you aren't a 12 year old snickering behind a keyboard or a troll.

I seen it dawg
11-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Apathy plays a big part. Right now a lot of State fans are paying more attention to the NFL, politics, etc. than they usually do to MSU. Regardless of their feelings towards Mullen, it's getting a bit boring when we already know the outcome before the kick W or L.

Hearing privately from people that have stopped posting and reading. If its so boring knowing the outcome then it shouldn't be so much hell raising when the outcome happens.

CadaverDawg
11-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Lots of dumb bait posts from both groups. If it was in one thread it would be different, but you have fools and trolls starting new threads about it 20 times per day. Had to be done. I'm glad. Just wish a few of the leaders didn't take one side and then take cheap shots at the other side when they have been as bad or worse. Saying "some people" this and "some people" that, when THEY are one of those "some people" is childish IMO.

Good move, I seen it....glad you did this. Thanks.

Coach34
11-10-2013, 05:21 PM

This board's goal is not to be money-maker to line our pockets.... it's here to be a place for good discussion while as Rebel-free as possible. That is where we are a little different from the other guys. While a shitstorm and constant bickering is good for business on other boards- we don't need all that. Just want a good place to discuss what's going on

preachermatt83
11-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Just curious, you may be the most negative preacher I've ever seen, but I like Preachers that are passionate and are realist about life, and since football doesn't have a thing to do with faith, no harm no foul.

Also helps me give more credibility to your posts, since I now realize you aren't a 12 year old snickering behind a keyboard or a troll.

my biggest downfall as a preacher is that I am not a very tackful person. I state whats on my mind regardless of the situation. It has gotten me in trouble at times but for the most part people seem to be like you and atleast appreciate that I am not fake and that I am the same everywhere I go.

preachermatt83
11-10-2013, 05:29 PM
I don't disagree with you. But the constant, and I mean constant, bitchfest is going to stop. If limited moderation is not for you so be it and good luck to you.

oh it's not the limited moderation that would be a problem...it's selective moderation that I would have a problem with. If someone posts a thread about how great Mullen is it would not be moderated regardless but if it's an anti mullen thread it is watched like a hawk. That's what I would have a problem with. I just think the debate is great reading. If we all agree all the time it will get boring quick. That's all Im trying to say.

Political Hack
11-10-2013, 05:33 PM
oh it's not the limited moderation that would be a problem...it's selective moderation that I would have a problem with. If someone posts a thread about how great Mullen is it would not be moderated regardless but if it's an anti mullen thread it is watched like a hawk. That's what I would have a problem with. I just think the debate is great reading. If we all agree all the time it will get boring quick. That's all Im trying to say.

that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. there's not one without the other. every single thread is a CDM bitchfest.

I seen it dawg
11-10-2013, 05:34 PM

Once again I agree with you. The "debate" is getting out of hand and overboard. It's getting way too immature and needs to be reigned in. A good discussion and heated argument is fine but it's a little much at this point. I'm not saying back and forth won't be allowed but some of the crap is overboard at this point.

preachermatt83
11-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Once again I agree with you. The "debate" is getting out of hand and overboard. It's getting way too immature and needs to be reigned in. A good discussion and heated argument is fine but it's a little much at this point. I'm not saying back and forth won't be allowed but some of the crap is overboard at this point.

10-4.. I agree.. I read too much into your post I suppose. I was under the assumption that all mullen/hud debate was to stop completely . That would have sucked. That's the most interesting reading ive found lately.

yakalot
11-10-2013, 06:32 PM
10-4.. I agree.. I read too much into your post I suppose. I was under the assumption that all mullen/hud debate was to stop completely . That would have sucked. That's the most interesting reading ive found lately.

Try the bible, much more interesting.

Political Hack
11-10-2013, 06:37 PM

you don't yak nearly as much as I anticipated.

preachermatt83
11-10-2013, 07:35 PM

I agree. Very interesting.

The Croom Diaries
11-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Hearing privately from people that have stopped posting and reading. If its so boring knowing the outcome then it shouldn't be so much hell raising when the outcome happens.

Well the boring part I meant to the general, non-message board fan. Not the hardcore fan that post on message boards. I am willing to bet at least 50% of the page views on ED are from people who aren't even signed up for the site, but just read what people are saying. Those people are apathetic and not even bothering anymore because the team is boring for the most part. But I'm sure the endless debate adds to it as well.

It's probably unavoidable, but this board starting to go downhill the minute football season started. Too many mediocre opinions to sift through. It was great from day one thru about July when people were discussing interesting things. It's still a good board, and my favorite, but it was once very very good now it's just ok. If there's a suggestion box, I'd suggest creating a true "EliteDawgs" forum where a group of about 10-15 knowledgeable posters talk strictly about football...or whatever is in season. I don't include myself in that at all - just saying it's more interesting to read what people who know what they are talking about then sift through a bunch of crap to find a good post that has a quality take backed by reason, logic and knowledge.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Well the boring part I meant to the general, non-message board fan. Not the hardcore fan that post on message boards. I am willing to bet at least 50% of the page views on ED are from people who aren't even signed up for the site, but just read what people are saying. Those people are apathetic and not even bothering anymore because the team is boring for the most part. But I'm sure the endless debate adds to it as well.

It's probably unavoidable, but this board starting to go downhill the minute football season started. Too many mediocre opinions to sift through. It was great from day one thru about July when people were discussing interesting things. It's still a good board, and my favorite, but it was once very very good now it's just ok. If there's a suggestion box, I'd suggest creating a true "EliteDawgs" forum where a group of about 10-15 knowledgeable posters talk strictly about football...or whatever is in season. I don't include myself in that at all - just saying it's more interesting to read what people who know what they are talking about then sift through a bunch of crap to find a good post that has a quality take backed by reason, logic and knowledge.

Hallelujah!!!

yakalot
11-11-2013, 06:22 AM
you don't yak nearly as much as I anticipated.

Actually, I do. KaYAK ALOT.

FlabLoser
11-11-2013, 07:38 AM

I have handed out infractions to folks on all sides for getting in passing matches. Not for debating but for insulting each other. We can debate things but I will not allow this place to become SPS.

I also recognize I'm not a 24/7 cop and don't catch all the stuff that shouldn't be going on here.

And BTW I say any loss of traffic is due to apathy. At least that's been the case with me personally. My time has been occupied with more redeeming things lately.

notsofarawaydawg
11-11-2013, 09:42 AM
This board's goal is not to be money-maker to line our pockets.... it's here to be a place for good discussion while as Rebel-free as possible. That is where we are a little different from the other guys. While a shitstorm and constant bickering is good for business on other boards- we don't need all that. Just want a good place to discuss what's going on

You get the big balls award. Something the other guys on the other board could never grow unless you didn't like their opinion.